GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the mother had nothing to do with Willow's death, which I think is likely, it must be really hard for Willow's mom to know her baby brother did this. It might have been hard for to just immediately throw him to the dogs, despite the situation. I think its understandable if it took her some time to try to wrap her head around the whole thing, or at least recover from the shock...hope I'm coming across clearly, my brain is starting to fade...I'm not saying it was right for her to lie to LE, if she did. She might have just needed some time, kwim? Not saying it is one bit acceptable for her to let the searchers do all that work if she knew where she was, but we do not know that she knew where Willow was. She might have learned her brother had something to do with it, but might still not have known Willow's exact whereabouts.

You guys realize this is a thread about Willow Long, riiight?

Well yeah and I came here for info but somehow the issue of pot is being discussed and although I joined that convo, I still don't have answers.

Why is pot use relevant?
Did someone really confess to harming Willow? If so, who, when, how, and what and is that person under arrest?
What are the most agreed upon theories as to what happened to this baby girl?

TIA everyone!!!!

The only reason I asked who Jose Baez was, was because someone asked if a person who posted a possible scenario about Willow, was Jose Baez. I thought Jose Baez might have been a new player in this terrible situation that I had not yet heard of. I'm sorry if it appeared I went off topic.

http://www.wsiltv.com/news/video/Fr...r-the-First-Time-223233701.html?m=y&smobile=y

This is terribly sad video, those poor little ones. They should not have to be dealing with this at this age. People shouldn't have to deal with this at ANY age, but ...little kids? So very sad.

It wasn't you, toothless one. :floorlaugh: I just had to say that, sorry. It was the music video, etc.

As in "emotional scars"?... Hmmm...maybe--I dunno

Willow's pics show/depict an extremely happy child--I honestly do not believe she was molested prior (or ever) to this henious/horrific outcome

I wasn't saying anything about molestation.

I find it odd that one brother has "emotional scars" as his only Tweet, and another has a picture of a back with a tattoo that says "SCARS". Two brothers saying the same thing...just odd to me.

Maybe it's a TV show or is a popular saying?

Just pointing it out.

Well yeah and I came here for info but somehow the issue of pot is being discussed and although I joined that convo, I still don't have answers.

Why is pot use relevant?
Did someone really confess to harming Willow? If so, who, when, how, and what and is that person under arrest?
What are the most agreed upon theories as to what happened to this baby girl?

TIA everyone!!!!

All we know is the Uncle was arrested for 1st degree. After court tomorrow at 1pm there will be a presser. Those are the only facts we have.

IF she were covering for him like many of you are saying, and this really did happen on Saturday instead of Sunday...that would mean that the uncle and mom had PLENTY of time to corroborate and scheme with each other to make their stories match up to a T.

They didn't do that. One is clearly telling a story that is opposite of the other.

Uncle (via Grandfather)
Little brother was fast asleep when this happened.
Mother (via Taylor the boyfriend)
Little brother was awake and crying repeatedly and pointing at the door.

Uncle (via Grandfather)
happened on Saturday night
Mother's account:
happened sometime after 8:45 Sunday morning.

Having all that time from Saturday to Sunday ...to make something match up and they didn't?

Nobody's covering for anybody. Something much more strange going on here.

You guys realize this is a thread about Willow Long, riiight?

Thanks for helping to keep everyone on track, popsicle. :) I think some of us might be starting to get delirious after hours upon hours on these threads since Willow went missing, myself included.

I look forward to looking at this with fresh eyes tomorrow, and see what happens at court tomorrow re: J's specific charges.

I agree we need to be very careful about pointing fingers at the mom.

Gitana- Willows uncle, mums younger brother has been charged with first degree murder. Through grandad we have heard that he is saying that Willow had an accident and was seriously hurt by a stick to her head. He thought she was dying so he "put her out of her misery".

He was arrested early Tuesday morning, Willow was found Monday night. Crime scene tape went up at the house Monday night too, I think.
I think it's a pile of excrement and the autopsy will reflect that but some believe that an accident and body dumping is plausible.

I'd find you links but I'm on my iPad mini and its all on my computer.

Agreed.

I love ya' friend but I must disagree.

While most people who do other drugs also smoke pot, it's certainly not true that most people who smoke pot do other illegal drugs.

Half the adults I know smoke pot. Most are otherwise law abiding, responsible, hard working tax payers. Teachers, lawyers, bankers, etc. As far as impairing a person severely, ALCOHOL is what impairs a person severely. Alcohol is a vastly more dangerous drug than pot, IMO. More rapes, batteries, assaults, murders, domestic violence/child abuse incidences, vehicular and other accidents, rolling on top of small baby instances, looting, rioting and thefts occur among people under the influence of alcohol than under the influence of any other drug.

I smoked a ton of pot as a teen and into my 20's. I don't think that was wise and I would be devastated if my kid did the same because it's easy for kids to become addicted to anything. But while pot can kill motivation in many people under the influence, alcohol CAUSES the motivation to do something wrong.

The trouble and danger I faced as a minor never occurred as a result of pot (except lack of studying/concentration). But every instance of serious danger or trouble I faced as a teen and young adult was somehow alcohol related.

Today, millions of responsible adults can enjoy a joint after work or dinner the way others enjoy a glass of wine and as far as levels of impairment, the two are comparable. But while increasing pot consumption will cause little more than sleep, increasing alcohol consumption can have horrible consequences.

Since so many people are pot users in America, they understand that. Even Sanjay Gupta has changed his mid about marijuana. So yeah, most people today feel it is no more harmful than a cigarette.

I know this is off topic, but I just had to add the following:

I work with law enforcement. Basically, the reason why it is still illegal in most states, is there is no current way to test for % of intoxication like they can for alcohol. Meaning, there is no way to prove % in court for prosecution.

On another note, I have dispatched leo more often for violence by drunk persons than people that are high.

Most of the cops I know, have no problem with it being legalized.

Why is it, when a child has been found deceased, all the media scatters like a bunch of starving little cockroaches, looking for the next big story? A little girl, full of love has died, and the news doesn't give a crap it seems. They're all about wanting to find her...but once she is found they just disappear and that's that...tough titty said the cat to the kitty? WTF!!

I'm not a news watcher...well, until 2 days ago that is. But I just want to know why they aren't running specials on Willow's LIFE now that they have already plastered her death all over the internet. Why don't they run specials on pictures of Willow and stories from her teachers of her antics and funny things she did, and stuff she liked to do?

...pissed all over again and I hate the news people.

The reason why there was more media coverage when Willow was missing, is because 800 volunteers, including national organizations, searching for one missing child is relatively unusual, while a child being killed by a family member, sadly, is not.

I'm not buying that story for one second. Sounds like he's trying to justify killing her.

I don't buy it either. These must have the same playbook. She fell down the stairs, so I had to end her suffering. She fell and hit her head on a rock so I had to put her out of her misery, etc...etc...etc... In other words..."Hey, she did this to herself, I was just helping her out. See what a good guy I am?"

It's the ultimate in blaming the victim for ending up dead.

From the link: He said she was 'twitching and dying'. If she was twitching, she was alive. How the heck would he know for sure she was dying? Why not run and get Willow's mother? Or why not call 911? Instead he transports the body to another location and dumps it. Makes no sense if it was an accident---that's probably why he's charged with murder.

WARNING GRAPHIC:

Not saying that I believe the uncle's story, necessarily, but...

Sometimes living things can twitch reflexively but be mortally wounded/imminently moribund. There's really nothing that can be done to "save" them but they do give the appearance of still being alive. It's usually a brain-stem mediated thing. I work with diseased (non-human) brains in a laboratory and this is not uncommon.

I am sorry for being so graphic.

This article is from yesterday, Sept 9th!

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x1253341780/Grandfather-fears-granddaughter-abducted

But De Ryke complained he hasn't been allowed to see his son Justin, Willow's uncle, and was only able to speak to daughter Ciara briefly.

After this article was released, Willow's body was found. So, when was the Grandfather allowed to speak to Justin? Or, is Gramps telling one story yesterday, and another today? LE would not have allowed them to speak today if Justin was the suspect, unless recorded.

I guess we shall know more tomorrow.

Grateful Willow has at least been recovered, and a suspect arrested, and so quickly. That is so much more than so many families get in other cases, isn't it?

Why is it, when a child has been found deceased, all the media scatters like a bunch of starving little cockroaches, looking for the next big story? A little girl, full of love has died, and the news doesn't give a crap it seems. They're all about wanting to find her...but once she is found they just disappear and that's that...tough titty said the cat to the kitty? WTF!!

I'm not a news watcher...well, until 2 days ago that is. But I just want to know why they aren't running specials on Willow's LIFE now that they have already plastered her death all over the internet. Why don't they run specials on pictures of Willow and stories from her teachers of her antics and funny things she did, and stuff she liked to do?

...pissed all over again and I hate the news people.

that is why we are here and we do what we do and why we keep coming back

JMO I'm really curious as to what will be the COD.

Was she stabbed in the neck, or was it by a stick? Do people really think the ME and science can't tell the difference?

And how many times have we heard the "I panicked and didn't know what to do, so I hid the body."? A very nefarious excuse to try and get out of taking blame. If it was an accident, then call 911. Those that don't usually have something to hide, as we have seen many times on this site.

I just hope LE has their ducks in a row, and can get to the bottom of this quickly.

RIP Willow. You remind me of my 2 red headed daughters who are grown now, and I am sorry you will not be able to do the same. :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat