Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017 *mom & stepdad arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why he won't give up the location of her body? He has already admitted that she is dead. What is he hiding? Maybe it was worse than he has admitted to and he wants the remains to be of no forensics help?

I don't understand why he won't give up the location of her body? He has already admitted that she is dead. What is he hiding? Maybe it was worse than he has admitted to and he wants the remains to be of no forensics help?
True....he has no incentive to help without a deal on the table.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

This mother should be ashamed of herself. Hope they wrap her up in the charges with him....

Tanya Tripp told investigators her husband and her daughter left together at 1:30 a.m. on the 17th to help a man named Maurice because Leon "didn't want to ride alone," but investigators suspect Leon Tripp went to Atlanta and Janell never made it that far.

"So, once we start tearing away those falsehoods then we come up with the true narrative that she did not leave the home on her own like the mother originally said," said Roundtree. "We issued the kidnapping warrants and she openly denied and said that wasn't true, so she fought us every step of the way."

Here's a mother we are telling we have evidence that this man did something to your child and she is adamantly defending him," said Roundtree. "Come to find out later that she had multiple encounters with him after the warrant was issued. That he was sneaking back to Augusta."

"We definitely had an idea she was communicating with him that's why we were able to track him. We were surprised as anyone when we found her actually with him. Tanya Tripp was actively helping and aiding him. She was throwing us off the trail," said Roundtree.

http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/-I...pattern-in-Janell-Carwell-case-437709533.html

Here is what we all get to look forward to in this case:

"Again it's a legal process. So both of them have legal counsel. We have no direct conversations with them unless they initiate the conversation. We monitor their behavior. We monitor the situation that is going on in our facility. That's where the frustration comes in, in that, we know these individuals have the information we need to bring this case to a close. To bring this soul to rest. and they refuse to do so," said Sheriff Roundtree.

District Attorney Natalie Paine Says in Georgia you can go forward on a murder charge without a body, but it's got to be a strong circumstantial case.

I did reach out to Leon Tripps' attorney on the phone to see if he would sit down to talk to us and he told me had "no comment."

The case will land before a grand jury in the next six weeks.

Media will not be told when that's happening or allowed inside, but afterward, indictments will be unsealed and we will hopefully have a lot more to share.
http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/-I...pattern-in-Janell-Carwell-case-437709533.html

I don't think I have ever had such anger towards a so-called 'mother' in a long time. I cannot wait until she is convicted and locked up for this unforgivable crime...:jail:

I have no idea what her specific involvement was---but the sickening fact that she was covering for the man, still sleeping with the man, who was accused of 'disappearing' her daughter---is infuriating.

:( Someone knows something. Crimes of this magnitude do not happen in a vacuum. Someone knows where this child's body is. Even if they don't realize they know. The pieces are out there. Someone just need to connect the dots.

Community begins rock campaign for missing teen

3546520_web1_Rocks-for-Janell.jpeg

As a new school year begins today in Richmond County, a campaign is underway to make sure a former student missing since April is not forgotten.

Rocks for Janell gives those affected by the story of LaTania Janell Carwell the opportunity to decorate rocks with thoughtful messages and disperse them throughout the Augusta area. Community activist and radio talk show host Angela Harden said the campaign is another way to remember the 16-year-old, who authorities believe is dead after her mother Tanya Faye Tripp reported her missing in April.
With the new school year beginning Harden said the campaign will be expanded to T.W. Josey High School, where Carwell attended school. Harden said a display of the rocks and photos will be placed at the school to assure her former classmates and teachers that she is not forgotten.

“The bell will be ringing, but Janell won’t be there,” she said. “So that first day might be kind of rough with kids and teachers thinking about Janell, but if they see a display of Janell with the rocks and her picture I think that will be comforting.”

Harden said plans are also underway to place a billboard of the teen near the school and by Garrett’s Car Care on Deans Bridge Road where a prayer vigil is held for the teen each week.
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/2017-08-06/community-begins-rock-campaign-missing-teen

Hey!
Anyone know "when" these two ..... will be back in court?

TIA! :wave:

Leon Tripp now faces charges of Murder and Kidnapping in regards to the disappearance of hi stepdaughter Latania Janell Carwell.

Latania’s mother, Tanya, is now charged with Concealing a Death.

Leon Tripp has been in jail since May when he was arrested and charged with kidnapping in the case.

Investigators say Tripp left his home in April with Latania, but the girl never returned.

Tripp later told investigators that she is dead.

http://wjbf.com/2017/08/23/leon-tripp-now-charged-with-murder-tanya-charged-with-concealing-a-death/
fcbc2a7dac6200cef1ef138059d8da2e.jpg
367aad10bd530c132deef5572e648d43.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads