Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017 *mom & stepdad arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qutoes from mom indicate a deep level of denial.

That mother! OMG! She said if Janell comes home she just wants her to tell the truth. In the next sentence the mom says that she knows her husband is innocent.

So, if Janell tells her mom that hubby is not innocent, who will she stand behind??

My vote for one of the worst moms ever!!

I am afraid the mom is covering for her husband because of his record, at the expense of her daughter.

“Really,” Mrs. Tripp stated in disbelief. “He married to all this prettiness and he gon run away with our daughter? Come on now. That’s stupid!”

http://wjbf.com/2017/05/02/stepfather-wanted-for-kidnapping-stepdaughter-mother-disagrees/

This has to be the single most absurd thing I've ever heard from the mother of a missing child.

I can not even form a coherent sentence on how I feel about it.

This case.....sorry I hadn't seen it until today. Too many "RED FLAGS!" that are reminding me of Relisha Rudd

LaTania's FB page doesn't pull up for me. Her instagram is still there. Only on page 3 right now of this thread, and did read the last page.

Since knowing her Mom lied about her leaving, lied about not knowing where he was, was having contact while they were missing, etc, etc, etc.... nah, she's not in denial....she's deep in this disappearance, IMO.

First she heard the engine start, and the door slam shut...called him, etc.... THEN, she didn't know they had left until a sibling told her...which so far hasn't stated when the sibling said anything...or really if the sibling did! Mom has known the fate, and the whereabouts of both of them the entire time. The ONLY reason that she wouldn't be truthful, she's hiding something! People just don't out and out lie when their child is missing...they just DON'T! Loving parents will do everything to FIND their child, even if they were doing drugs, or whatever else when the child went missing!

Like Relisha Rudd, her parents were not smart people, yet she's not been found. There's obviously someway to dispose of bodies that aren't found. I don't even want to think about it. Just sickening.

And could I strangle some sense into anyone that says look at all this prettiness..why would he want the child?? DO WHAT? SERIOUSLY? Who in the world responds to a reporter with a statement like that? UGH!! Sickening!!!

this case.....sorry i hadn't seen it until today. Too many "red flags!" that are reminding me of relisha rudd

latania's fb page doesn't pull up for me. Her instagram is still there. Only on page 3 right now of this thread, and did read the last page.

Since knowing her mom lied about her leaving, lied about not knowing where he was, was having contact while they were missing, etc, etc, etc.... Nah, she's not in denial....she's deep in this disappearance, imo.

First she heard the engine start, and the door slam shut...called him, etc.... Then, she didn't know they had left until a sibling told her...which so far hasn't stated when the sibling said anything...or really if the sibling did! Mom has known the fate, and the whereabouts of both of them the entire time. The only reason that she wouldn't be truthful, she's hiding something! People just don't out and out lie when their child is missing...they just don't! Loving parents will do everything to find their child, even if they were doing drugs, or whatever else when the child went missing!

Like relisha rudd, her parents were not smart people, yet she's not been found. There's obviously someway to dispose of bodies that aren't found. I don't even want to think about it. Just sickening.

And could i strangle some sense into anyone that says look at all this prettiness..why would he want the child?? Do what? Seriously? Who in the world responds to a reporter with a statement like that? Ugh!! Sickening!!!

Preach!!!!!
L98Dv.gif

How in the world do I get a gif to play on the thread? I have done it before but I do not remember how.

I hear ya and echo the sentiments...:mad:

How could she run to be with him? He kidnapped your baby and you run to him, even while your girl is still missing?????

I'm a little behind, but I'm not sure we might not be looking at something other than a kidnapping. This mom's story is now questionable in light of her actions. I would live to be more optimistic, but experience tells me this isn't going to end in the best case scenario. I hope they both remain in jail until they tell the truth.

Interview with sheriff on June 22:

"Roundtree says right now there are no organized searches for Janell but he wanted to extend a thank you to the community for their willingness to help. There has been a lot of people paying attention to this case. One of their biggest frustrations has been false leads on social media."

Roundtree says investigators continue to look into leads for the case. Some of them do help and they feel like they're getting closer. "We're trying to get this done as soon as possible."

"He hopes investigators can finally close this case sooner rather than later. "The frustrating part about is we want to be able to resolve this case and bring it to a successful conclusion -- which is the prosecution that lead to the disappearance and ultimately the death of this young lady."

If you have any information on this case you can contact the Richmond County Sheriff's Office at (706) 821-1000.

http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Sh...with-search-for-Janell-Carwell-430229873.html

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Interview with sheriff on June 22:

"Roundtree says right now there are no organized searches for Janell but he wanted to extend a thank you to the community for their willingness to help. There has been a lot of people paying attention to this case. One of their biggest frustrations has been false leads on social media."

Roundtree says investigators continue to look into leads for the case. Some of them do help and they feel like they're getting closer. "We're trying to get this done as soon as possible."

"He hopes investigators can finally close this case sooner rather than later. "The frustrating part about is we want to be able to resolve this case and bring it to a successful conclusion -- which is the prosecution that lead to the disappearance and ultimately the death of this young lady."

If you have any information on this case you can contact the Richmond County Sheriff's Office at (706) 821-1000.

http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Sh...with-search-for-Janell-Carwell-430229873.html

I wish ol mother of the year would just do the right thing as a mother for once & just tell them where Janell is! Everyone knows that she knows! Keeping her mouth shut isn't helping her or her case whatsoever!!!

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

I wish ol mother of the year would just do the right thing as a mother for once & just tell them where Janell is! Everyone knows that she knows! Keeping her mouth shut isn't helping her or her case whatsoever!!!

Just my random thoughts & opinions...
Good chance the sheriff would agree....

I apologize in advance if Tripp's arrest records have already been posted. Appears to be a career criminal. Janell didn't have a chance. No one to protect her....yep, look at ALL three links. What a loser...

http://www.mugshot-publication.com/Counties/Georgia/Fulton-County/Leon-Tripp.14863494.html

http://www.mugshot-publication.com/Counties/Georgia/Fulton-County/Leon-Tripp.14753680.html

http://www.mugshot-publication.com/Counties/Georgia/Fulton-County/Leon-Tripp.14616441.html

Anyone know "when" any court dates for these two losers are?

TIA!!

:rose: RIP LaTANIA JANELL :rose:

Anyone know "when" any court dates for these two losers are?

TIA!!

:rose: RIP LaTANIA JANELL :rose:

Good morning, Niner!
I am trying to find out now as I'm on augustaga.gov. Hopefully I can maneuver around this site because I have always relied on everyone's expertise at WS for garnering court info and court dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Local activist to hold community-wide fast for missing teen[/h]
A local activist is holding a community-wide fast Friday for missing teenager LaTania Janell Carwell.

Though the case was deemed a homicide by the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office on June 12, residents from Augusta and surrounding areas have continued their search for her – and for answers .

“Although its been almost three months and it’s been longer than we’ve expected but you know we’re still hopeful that she’ll be found,” Angela Harden, a radio talk show host who has been holding a prayer vigil for the teen since her disappearance, said Monday.
Following the fast from 7 a.m.-7 p.m., another prayer vigil for Carwell will be held at Way of Life Ministries on 2722 Milledgeville Road , Harden said.
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/2017-07-10/local-activist-hold-community-wide-fast-missing-teen

Seems like I never have any luck finding things either U2forever! All I found was an article from June 30th, and it's about the local guy giving money....

:dunno:

several videos on this page. TT and LT in court.

http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Ta...onfirms-Janell-Carwell-is-dead-428864753.html

District Attorney Paine told the judge Leon Tripp also acknowledges he never went to Clarks Hill the night of Janell's disappearance, contrary to what Tanya Tripp told investigators. District Attorney Paine went on to poke more holes in Tripp's claims she wasn't in contact with her husband while her daughter was missing.
"We have now confirmed that is now a lie. They were in regular contact via cell phone records for an extended amount of time prior to Mr. Tripp's arrest," said District Attorney Paine.
The state believes Tripp came back to Augusta several times over the last 2 months.
"I would also state that Mrs. Tripp would have facilitated Leon Tripp being transferred back to Atlanta during this time frame that Janell has been missing," said District Attorney Paine.
Despite the holes in the story filling up investigators have, so far, come up short of finding the teenager's remains.
"We have not recovered the body of Janell Carwell at this time. We do believe Mrs. Tripp has substantial risk of tampering with evidence," said District Attorney Paine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJ1690