Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017 *mom & stepdad arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder and kidnapping...... poor baby girl

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think LT was molesting her and she was pregnant. TT was jealous and blamed her. at school, she was saying something about moving, I think she thought mom and LT were "sending her to an auntie" but they were actually planning to kill her. I think shes near the abandoned mall, its overgrown and a big area. that is my .02.

also the article says LE "didn't say" whether her body was found. maybe it has been.

I think LT was molesting her and she was pregnant. TT was jealous and blamed her. at school, she was saying something about moving, I think she thought mom and LT were "sending her to an auntie" but they were actually planning to kill her. I think shes near the abandoned mall, its overgrown and a big area. that is my .02.

also the article says LE "didn't say" whether her body was found. maybe it has been.

Sadly, this sounds probable. They should both get the death penalty if this is close to the truth.

Why won't they tell where the girl is? Do they really think no-body would mean they have a chance at getting off? Gaah! These cases can be so frustrating! People like this do not ever need to be freed. JMO

Why won't they tell where the girl is? Do they really think no-body would mean they have a chance at getting off? Gaah! These cases can be so frustrating! People like this do not ever need to be freed. JMO
At the moment, they have no reason to tell. They are waiting to trade info for a deal. Our justice system at its best.....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

These parental ones have to be the worst. I'd have the patio dug up before my child had even finished the sentence.

Hope they find her soon

They are not going to tell because they don't want forensics to see the gruesome evidence---maybe of sexual assault or pregnancy?

August 29th:

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) –*Richmond County investigators solve crimes that we report on here at NewsChannel 6 often. But another part of their job is to help families locate missing loved ones and bring them closure. One local pastor is taking a big step to help the Sheriff’s Office with bringing people home.

There are ten missing people in Richmond County and two additional people whose cases are considered a homicide with no body.

Some of those cases that will be on that billboard, some people maybe have forgotten,” Harden explained. “Some of the family members might think that others have forgotten.”

The pastor and community activist told us she remembers and others will too and hopefully come up with tips as to where they might be when a new billboard goes up displaying all of their photos.

“It’s the largest billboard in our city,” she said.

But two cases are considered homicides. Preston Overton and LaTania Janell Carwell.

And Harden hopes people tell investigators about them too. They will join others on a $1,300 billboard going up with donations that will hopefully lead to reward dollars.

“Money talks. If it gets to be a certain amount, it will prompt somebody to say something. It’s sad, but it’s real,” Pastor Harden said.

The billboard should be up in about seven days, according to Harden. The billboard’s owner is donating the lights that will illuminate the billboard at night for free for three months.

http://wjbf.com/2017/08/30/richmond-countys-missing-to-go-up-on-citys-largest-billboard/
62c4191f4177270ea30ea2356dbf55ab.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

If Janell is in that area, the abandoned Regency Mall, this may be good b/c they are planning on moving the James Brown Arena to the old mall. Hopefully her remains will be found before construction, if not, during the renovation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE | Mother of missing teen, murder case has bond set

nvestigators who say the person they believe is partly responsible for the Janell Carwell disappearance and death has a bond set for $500,000.

Today's bond hearing for Tanya Tripp was actually on her original charge of hindering the apprehension of a criminal.

Authorities charged Leon Tripp with murder and Tanya Tripp with concealing a death in August.

According to authorities, upon meeting with the District Attorney’s Office and after reviewing the evidence and the interviews in the case of Latania Janell Carwell, it was decided to proceed with the charge of murder for Leon Tripp along with the original charge of kidnapping in regards to the disappearance of his stepdaughter.

In addition, the charge of concealing a death was added to Tanya Tripp in pertaining to this case. The warrants were served on Leon Tripp and Tanya Tripp at the Charles B. Webster Detention Center in August.

Investigators now know more about the disappearance of 16-year-old Latania Janell Carwell than they did three months ago.

http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/-I...pattern-in-Janell-Carwell-case-437709533.html

And again they give no "next" court date.... frustrating!

Wish they would tell where she is....

:rose:

Crime Watch Daily is covering Janell Carwell's story today. It's on right now where I am but I know different places broadcast at different times. Video should be posted later today or tomorrow.

This is such an infuriating case to read. Is concealing a death charge in the US a long sentence ? In Australia they have accessory after the fact - with maximum 25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;jjdvfPH-9Mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjdvfPH-9Mo[/video]

[video=youtube;aaTzp5lazMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaTzp5lazMQ[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads