KS KS - DENNIS LYNN RADER, BTK Serial Killer

"BREAKING: A look at a Dennis Rader (BTK) personal journal entry. The Osage County Sheriff's Office says this is one of the reasons why it's "100% confident" that Rader is the suspect in the disappearance of Cynthia Dawn Kinney from a Pawhuska laundromat in 1976."

1692987547345.png

1692987559565.png

“Right now, he’s a hundred percent the suspect because he knows stuff and has written stuff that wouldn’t be,” Virden said. “I mean, number one the other stuff in there matches to a ‘T’ to the other victims that he roped. The fact that you’ve got the laundromat in ‘76. There’s no other laundromat that we’ve found where there’s anybody missing from. This is his writings, not ours. This stuff that he created years ago. You just go on from there.”

*I did find one but she disappeared in 2001:
*another from Nov 2022 but we don’t have a thread:
*2007 no thread:

My impression from the interview was that they're looking at murders that happened before he stopped killing in the early 90's. ICBW.

This article has a decent timeline

The two murders he's suspected of committing now took place in 1976, the other in 1986. At this point LE still seems to think he stopped killing people after 1991.

Last edited:
My impression from the interview was that they're looking at murders that happened before he stopped killing in the early 90's. ICBW.

The two murders he's suspected of committing now took place in 1976, the other in 1986. At this point LE still seems to think he stopped killing people after 1991.
SG was 1990, not 1986, unless there's another I'm not aware of?

When I first saw the headline, I thought it is impossible since he seemed to enjoy reciting details of each murder in court. I didn't think he would omit some victims.

Death penalty State law might cause Rader to withhold the names of some victims.

I think Rader is still toying with police. They have him, they know his life history, and they still didn't connect his victims to him. He told an investigator about a fantasy he had to abduct someone from a laundromat. His diary uses his codes to describe an abduction as a bad wash day in 1976, when a 16 year old vanished from a laundromat. He had spent time in her area in connection with Boys Scout events, and was regional installer for ADT at the bank across the street at the same time. However, Rader cannot yet be placed in Pawhuska in 1976.

Specific knots and pantyhose were used on her wrists. The investigator is 100% convinced that Rader is behind the murder.

It does open the question of how many others there are. Did he start murdering farther from home, and eventually killed in his own back yard because he kept getting away with it? In 1990, he got nervous and murdered farther away before stopping in 1991 (or did he stop)?

Attachments

• 1693022143497.png
    1693022143497.png
    447.3 KB · Views: 8
Given what we know about Rader, Shawna Garber seems likely as well. ADT installers have coaxial cable on-hand. I'm curious whether the Rader family had a clothes line in the backyard.

And, Rader told investigators where to look in his backyard to find evidence related to one, possibly two other murders?

"The coroner estimated the victim was in her twenties at the time of her murder. Moreover, his findings suggested her death was exceptionally brutal. Her killer had bound her with no less than six types of bindings: nylon and lead ropes, coaxial and telephone cables, paracord and clothesline. Due to the extensive dental work on the victim’s teeth, forensic examiners believed she was from a larger city.

previous link

"Someone had hogtied her in six types of bindings, then brutally murdered her. Her killer has never been caught."

same source

"Shawna Garber was murdered in 1990, her remains were identified 11 years later"

During their search of the property, investigators uncovered “trophies” from at least one woman in a “hiding hole,” according to Upton.

Investigators also found chains apparently used for bondage, along with C-clips that can shorten chains or be used to secure a person’s legs or feet, Upton said. They also found items they don’t currently want to describe publicly, he added.

If one wants to google 'Rader Polaroids', there's a trove of his "Polaroid Selfies" to be found showing himself self-tied into restraints etc.

WARNING: The results are graphic in nature.

But, having seen them years ago and upon re-visiting them this evening, I will say that they all show him using a variety of restraint types in the very same image(s). For example: In one photo he is using a handkerchief, rope, tape and a crossbar with ankle shackles and what seems to be black wire to restrain himself.

And I'm willing to bet a dozen donuts in them having found a jar/bottle of stashed away polaroids of victims. Given his proclivity for photgraphing himself, I've no doubt that he also took polaroids of his victims. That may be part of what they have found and why they are able to establish links to some of the girls whose remains haven't been recovered as yet. Could also explain how he was able to recreate the Barbie doll found in the cereal box in image to one of his victims, right down to the colours she wore and knots in her restraints.

All IMO anyway.

Just read a posting by KBI. Stating they do not have any links to Rader being involved in the case of missing Hays, Ks victim - Mary Lang. This was posted 8/29/2023. They sure are fast in this statement considering all that is coming forward. My question is simply - how are they so sure ? Do they have forensics from the items of Mary's found under a bridge miles north of Hays ? This case was in 1983. No remains have yet been found.

Just read a posting by KBI. Stating they do not have any links to Rader being involved in the case of missing Hays, Ks victim - Mary Lang. This was posted 8/29/2023. They sure are fast in this statement considering all that is coming forward. My question is simply - how are they so sure ? Do they have forensics from the items of Mary's found under a bridge miles north of Hays ? This case was in 1983. No remains have yet been found.
I recall a poster once said “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

I have always remembered that.

I deeply despise this man...and I hope they drag his old carcass to OK and execute him post-haste. I think it's disgraceful that he gets to sit around and have a voice and talk to professionals, and play games in prison..that he gets to have books written about him and psychiatric help..that medical professionals are forced to give him care and pretend he is a human being. That he even gets to see his family one more time if he so wishes, or they so wish.., that the people of Kansas have to pay to feed this disgusting waste of space. That families of his victim's still have to live with his photography being out there..that he is free to commission portraits of himself...still lying about his victims... and where they are, who they are..
mOO

added: they should also look into more missing children cases as Dennis is a child murderer.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly
Back