KS KS - DENNIS LYNN RADER, BTK Serial Killer

I deeply despise this man...and I hope they drag his old carcass to OK and execute him post-haste. I think it's disgraceful that he gets to sit around and have a voice and talk to professionals, and play games in prison..that he gets to have books written about him and psychiatric help..that medical professionals are forced to give him care and pretend he is a human being. That he even gets to see his family one more time if he so wishes, or they so wish.., that the people of Kansas have to pay to feed this disgusting waste of space. That families of his victim's still have to live with his photography being out there..that he is free to commission portraits of himself...still lying about his victims... and where they are, who they are..
mOO

added: they should also look into more missing children cases as Dennis is a child murderer.

Seriously, I don't see how talking to professionals could ever help him. After looking at those polaroids of his online, if makes you realize how deeply, deeply abnormal he is. His mind, his motivations, his personality are so badly damaged and twisted I doubt any therapist could ever unwind it. He's so far out there on the bell-shaped curve that one has to wonder if there is some sort of physical abnormality in his brain. The more you look at what he's doing, how and why he's doing it, the less you can sort out such complex damage.

You know what it is when you see it, you just can't figure out quite how he got that way.

ETA: JMO only.

Seriously, I don't see how talking to professionals could ever help him. After looking at those polaroids of his online, if makes you realize how deeply, deeply abnormal he is. His mind, his motivations, his personality are so badly damaged and twisted I doubt any therapist could ever unwind it. He's so far out there on the bell-shaped curve that one has to wonder if there is some sort of physical abnormality in his brain. The more you look at what he's doing, how and why he's doing it, the less you can sort out such complex damage.

You know what it is when you see it, you just can't figure out quite how he got that way.

well he is obsessive and he is a sadist and that fact rules above all other issues he has. also I don't believe anything he says because of course he's not going to cop to any thing he did in a DP state. no way. He better know he is never too old for lady justice...and she is coming. mOO

Another great interview with Osage Co. OK sheriff Eddie Virden from 08/28 Banfield.

WARNING-Photos of Rader crime re-enactments shown so if that bothers you do not watch!

This would take so much time to do his “Projects”. Then journels, letters and photos! When did he make time as he had a job and family? So many! And digging hid hole under shed? Family didn’t miss him? Just like RH. Amazing

also you know he loves talking to the renowned experts..he loves the chance to re-live his murders and share his gruesome
callousness with you.

He truly is one of the more disturbing ones I've ever researched. I can wrap my head around many many sick ways people behave. I can connect dots to see how someone got from point A to point B and while it's sick and twisted, I can even sometimes sympathize with people who are so damaged that they hurt others. I can't understand him. He not only killed and hunted his victims like they were prey, he tormented them and tortured them. Then he lived his normal life among every day people like he wasn't a monster. He was involved in his church, held jobs where people trusted him in their homes. It's a different kind of person that can hide their sick ways so well AND then he toyed with the police. It's like he couldn't help himself. Not only is there zero remorse, he enjoys it still with the idea that people don't know all of his victims. It truly is disturbing to know these types of people exist.

I'd say some serial killers are thankful to be caught because they realize what a sick compulsion they have, they might even feel bad for how they've hurt others due to something inside them that they feel they can't control. It's an entirely different beast when someone enjoys the fact that they have all this power and control and they don't care that it's wrong at all. They feel zero remorse. These types can't be fixed, they shouldn't even be allowed to make statements or have their thoughts published. How he can even see the news and know about other killers and then make comments like he's some type of expert because he's a sick twisted murderer. ugh Truly evil.

If one wants to google 'Rader Polaroids', there's a trove of his "Polaroid Selfies" to be found showing himself self-tied into restraints etc.

WARNING: The results are graphic in nature.

But, having seen them years ago and upon re-visiting them this evening, I will say that they all show him using a variety of restraint types in the very same image(s). For example: In one photo he is using a handkerchief, rope, tape and a crossbar with ankle shackles and what seems to be black wire to restrain himself.

And I'm willing to bet a dozen donuts in them having found a jar/bottle of stashed away polaroids of victims. Given his proclivity for photgraphing himself, I've no doubt that he also took polaroids of his victims. That may be part of what they have found and why they are able to establish links to some of the girls whose remains haven't been recovered as yet. Could also explain how he was able to recreate the Barbie doll found in the cereal box in image to one of his victims, right down to the colours she wore and knots in her restraints.

All IMO anyway.
He took Polaroids of Marine Hedge after her death, ON THE ALTAR OF HIS CHURCH. That's one of the sickest things I've ever heard of (and being a trusted member, he did indeed have a key).

Kerri said in that 2-hour video that there was evidence, told to her by other relatives, that he was molested by another relative as a toddler (!) and of course back then, people didn't talk about things like that. She has narrowed the perp down to most likely an uncle, and she didn't say which side of the family either. <modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
He took Polaroids of Marine Hedge after her death, ON THE ALTAR OF HIS CHURCH. That's one of the sickest things I've ever heard of (and being a trusted member, he did indeed have a key).

Kerri said in that 2-hour video that there was evidence, told to her by other relatives, that he was molested by another relative as a toddler (!) and of course back then, people didn't talk about things like that. She has narrowed the perp down to most likely an uncle, and she didn't say which side of the family either. <modsnip>

<modsnip>

Rader apparently had a lot of problems contributing to this. OCD behavior and exposure to molestation as a very young child could really mess you up. He's very sadistic, to the point of being completely cut off from empathy or concern about the feelings of others.

Weirdest of all, though, was his desire to not only collect "souvenirs" from his victims, but to dress up in their clothing and re-enact their deaths with himself posing as the victim. He took it to a whole different level. Not just re-enacting the torture and murder, but pretending to be the victim. Was that just posing to make it more real or was there something about immersing himself into the victim's experience? It's crazy scary, deranged. Killers usually de-personalize their victims.

To me he is the scariest killer out there. Just terrifying.

he is 100 percent . he takes it from Bundy because Bundy was more of a necrophilliac..whereas BTK tortured his victims for as long as he pleased before their grateful ends. I couldn't hate him more if he was Satan incarnate.
Israel Keyes was another sick one who tortured and toyed with his victims. UGH so disgusting Moo

Looking back into - so many unsolved cold cases in Wichita - there are too many !! Look at great timeline at an older blog. (Delphi forums.). Not related to Delphi - Libby and Abby. Research Wichita cold cases. Way too many unsolved over the years. Way too many for Wichita. Way too many female victims were bound / strangled. I just wonder if LE has evidence to clear Rader in these older cases. And if so - at some time - fine.

<modsnip>

Rader apparently had a lot of problems contributing to this. OCD behavior and exposure to molestation as a very young child could really mess you up. He's very sadistic, to the point of being completely cut off from empathy or concern about the feelings of others.

Weirdest of all, though, was his desire to not only collect "souvenirs" from his victims, but to dress up in their clothing and re-enact their deaths with himself posing as the victim. He took it to a whole different level. Not just re-enacting the torture and murder, but pretending to be the victim. Was that just posing to make it more real or was there something about immersing himself into the victim's experience? It's crazy scary, deranged. Killers usually de-personalize their victims.
Maybe he is a sociopath who cannot understand feelings. Maybe he is so desperate to understand the feelings of the victim that he steals their clothing, dresses up the victim, finds a place to hang upside down, hangs himself upside down, and then is still just as numb and ignorant as when he started.

He seems like a man desperate to feel something while being 100% unable to feel anything. Was he a neglected child until age 4?

Maybe he is a sociopath who cannot understand feelings. Maybe he is so desperate to understand the feelings of the victim that he steals their clothing, dresses up the victim, finds a place to hang upside down, hangs himself upside down, and then is still just as numb and ignorant as when he started.

He seems like a man desperate to feel something while being 100% unable to feel anything. Was he a neglected child until age 4?
If the below is the extent of the “neglect”, there would be hundreds of millions of sick serial killers roaming the country. I don’t believe his childhood was a factor. He’s just an extremely violent, sadistic, and disturbed man. jmo

“On the Oxygen Network’s, “Snapped: Notorious,” episode on the BTK killer, Rader biographer and forensic scientist Ramsland said that Rader’s father worked long hours and wasn’t around a lot and his mom was often preoccupied reading and watching TV, leaving some of the raising of the boys to the grandparents.”

The police force in Pawhuska, Oklahoma, did find an unexpected resource in the serial killer’s daughter who’s joined the team as a volunteer.

Rawson has walked old haunts with investigators, recalling childhood memories that might be significant, she told CNN.

Rawson spoke to the man she says she still loves as a father for the first time about his crimes as the BTK serial killer.

She could not elicit a confession, she told CNN. “He’s literally sitting six feet across from me. He hasn’t seen me in 18 years and he’s lying to me.”

Rawson and investigators are concerned time is not on their side as evidentiary items age and Rader’s health fails in prison.

“He’s rotting,” his daughter said.

“He has scoliosis very severe. He’s in a wheelchair, he has no teeth left, so he doesn’t even look like he has a jaw,” Rawson said. “He went from this like vivacious man that was hiking with me right before he was arrested, to like an elderly man, you know, his legs wrapped with like bandages.”

During her recent visit, Rawson told her father she would sit with him in prison for months straight to learn about all the things he’s done, if Rader would confess to more crimes. He has not taken her up on it, Rawson said, but she will not stop trying.

“Now I’m not in contact with him outside of the walls, because it’s not safe. If my father is listening to this, he needs to understand that the force that is me is coming for him because I’m done,” Rawson told CNN.

“I’m hopeful that even if my father didn’t do any of this, we’re going to get some answers because there’s way too many missing and dead in the Midwest and I’m done,” Rawson said.

This would take so much time to do his “Projects”. Then journels, letters and photos! When did he make time as he had a job and family? So many! And digging hid hole under shed? Family didn’t miss him? Just like RH. Amazing

That part confuses me too, but I bet he had lots of excuses that his wife didn't question until years later. If someone is devious they are more than capable of doing all kinds of crap and hiding their life from their family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes
Back