GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry but I just had to pick myself up off the floor! Even if there is dna that matches Laci’s in the van that doesn’t prove she was in the van. Her dead body was pulled from the bay and there never was any mention of her body being burned. I have always said if they would drag the bottom of the bay they would find the other makeshift concrete bricks that Scott made in his storage area. There is no way Scott didn’t kill Laci. If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck then it is a DUCK. Scott is a sociopath so I guess the LA innocent project doesn’t have anything to do so they decided to look at his case? This just really upsets me for Laci’s family.

I’m sorry but I just had to pick myself up off the floor! Even if there is dna that matches Laci’s in the van that doesn’t prove she was in the van. Her dead body was pulled from the bay and there never was any mention of her body being burned. I have always said if they would drag the bottom of the bay they would find the other makeshift concrete bricks that Scott made in his storage area. There is no way Scott didn’t kill Laci. If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck then it is a DUCK. Scott is a sociopath so I guess the LA innocent project doesn’t have anything to do so they decided to look at his case? This just really upsets me for Laci’s family.
I don't think there is a thought that Laci's body was burned, but rather, the van/mattress were burned to hide evidence of whatever had happened in that van, found less than a mile away from the Peterson residence. Here's a little more about it, with quotes from an investigator of the Peterson case who said the van should have been investigated more thoroughly.

I was just on a true crime YouTube channel that I’ve been enjoying the past few months when today they decided to cover this and I’ve come crashing back down to earth. They are all the same. My blinders have been removed. Ugh! Another out of work host who just puts out whatever is trending so he can get more clicks, which translates to more money via SuperChats. They had an anchor from CourtTV and NewsNation on to berate the “mob mentality” and regurgitate Geragos’ talking points. I’m just so sick of this wrongful conviction scam. I’m sick of these old murder trials being regurgitated and given an INJUSTICE spin so some of these court channels and podcasters can have new content. So much mindless true crime content being put out these days that I’m reevaluating my consumption of many podcasts/channels. It is so cynical and gross.

Sorry for the rant.

JMO

I was watching News Nation and they are going apoplectic about a burnt out van found around the time of Laci's disappearance and murder- a mile from her home: I am wracking my brain trying to figure out what the big deal is- so they found a burnt out van! please enlighten me- what am I missing? did they find her blood in it? I don't think so--- Were the Modesto police aware of this van at the time of her disappearance? was it tested? even if they weren't and it wasn't I still don't get the relevance ---

I was watching News Nation and they are going apoplectic about a burnt out van found around the time of Laci's disappearance and murder- a mile from her home: I am wracking my brain trying to figure out what the big deal is- so they found a burnt out van! please enlighten me- what am I missing? did they find her blood in it? I don't think so--- Were the Modesto police aware of this van at the time of her disappearance? was it tested? even if they weren't and it wasn't I still don't get the relevance ---
There was a mattress in the van that tested positive for blood. The arson investigator at the time said he was never asked about it by either the defense or prosecution. DNA testing has improved significantly since then.

JMO

Attorneys are requesting a total of 15 categories of evidence, labeled “A” though “O” in court documents, for their investigation:

A. Medina Burglary Investigation Reports
B. Lt. Xavier Aponte Reports
C. Laci Peterson’s Missing Croton Watch And Pawn Shop Investigation
D. Incendiary Van Fire In Airport District the Morning of December 25, 2002
E. Eyewitnesses Who Reported Seeing Laci Peterson On Or After December 24
F. Eyewitnesses Who Reported Seeing the Petersons’ Dog Alone
G. Missing Bates Pages
H. Gene Ralston Reports, Videos, And Other Data Related to Bay Searches
I. All Reports, Videos, And Other Data Related to Bay Searches
J. Computer Forensics Evidence Related Time Mr. Peterson Arrived At His Office
K. Scent Dogs Reports, Including Water Cadaver Dogs Employed In Bay Searches
L. MPD & SCD Policies Governing Disclosure Of Conflicts of Interest
M. New Reports & Leads
N. Audio And Video Recordings Of MPD Interviews With Scott Peterson
O. Tracy Tip P. Current Evidence/Property & Chain Of Custody Logs For All Evidence Items

"Scott Peterson writes "I am innocent""

Of course, one has to consider that that "I am innocent" is coming from a proven psychopath, pathological liar and malignant narcissist. A little critical thinking would head off this nonsense, but I suspect this all is being driven by a future documentary series or reality tv show. Money talks and nothing else makes sense.

This case was never about any potential missed evidence, it was always about the mountains of circumstantial evidence. To ignore it is to believe the unbelievable

<modsnip: Politicizing is not allowed >

Last edited by a moderator:
I was furious when I heard about this a few days ago and I still am. Absolute load of garbage IMO. I am absolutely convinced that this has to be some sort of sick publicity student for the LA Innocence Project and for whatever legal team will inevitably seek fame by entangling themselves into this mess with a wife and baby killer...IMO. Scott can run around whining about "wrongful conviction" or whatever all he wants, but Laci and Conner sure can't, BECAUSE THEY ARE DEAD, BECAUSE HE KILLED THEM!!

I don't think there is a thought that Laci's body was burned, but rather, the van/mattress were burned to hide evidence of whatever had happened in that van, found less than a mile away from the Peterson residence. Here's a little more about it, with quotes from an investigator of the Peterson case who said the van should have been investigated more thoroughly.

First, to kidnap an 8 month pregnant woman to rape her is somewhat possible but I really don't believe it

Second, if it's someone who wanted to steal her baby by cutting her open it's somewhat possible but the baby was found with Laci so we know it's not that

From Scott trying to sell her car and the house 2 months after she disappeared and 1 month before her body was found to all the lies recorded by Amber Frey and to him changing his appearance and carrying cash and an other driver's license near the Mexican border?!?! Come on....Scott behavior was not one of an husband missing his wife....ask Amber about that!!!
Scott lied to the investigator about the power been out in his warehouse so it couldn't be properly searched....who else would have killed Laci other than Scott

First, to kidnap an 8 month pregnant woman to rape her is somewhat possible but I really don't believe it

Second, if it's someone who wanted to steal her baby by cutting her open it's somewhat possible but the baby was found with Laci so we know it's not that

From Scott trying to sell her car and the house 2 months after she disappeared and 1 month before her body was found to all the lies recorded by Amber Frey and to him changing his appearance and carrying cash and an other driver's license near the Mexican border?!?! Come on....Scott behavior was not one of an husband missing his wife....ask Amber about that!!!
Scott lied to the investigator about the power been out in his warehouse so it couldn't be properly searched....who else would have killed Laci other than Scott
I have to thank you for this post! So, so true.

Nobody has suggested Laci was raped in the van. If the blood residue from the mattress belongs to Laci, I think it more likely she went into premature labor from the stress of being abducted.

As for Amber Fry, I don't believe Scott had any interest in her beyond sex. She was having sex with several men, including one who fathered her child and one who was stuck paying child support for four years for that child even though he wasn't the father. Thanks to Amber Frey, the DA made sure SP was convicted in the court of public opinion long before he was arrested.

JMO

At a press conference after the ruling, Flores said he was satisfied with the ruling but felt deceived by Frey. He said he had been thrust into the public eye because of Frey's references to him in her book, "Amber Frey: Witness for the Prosecution of Scott Peterson."

"I feel foolish and I feel betrayed," Flores said. "I otherwise feel I was being cheated on. She was very convincing when she told me I was the only person who could be the father.

Nobody has suggested Laci was raped in the van. If the blood residue from the mattress belongs to Laci, I think it more likely she went into premature labor from the stress of being abducted.

As for Amber Fry, I don't believe Scott had any interest in her beyond sex. She was having sex with several men, including one who fathered her child and one who was stuck paying child support for four years for that child even though he wasn't the father. Thanks to Amber Frey, the DA made sure SP was convicted in the court of public opinion long before he was arrested.

JMO

At a press conference after the ruling, Flores said he was satisfied with the ruling but felt deceived by Frey. He said he had been thrust into the public eye because of Frey's references to him in her book, "Amber Frey: Witness for the Prosecution of Scott Peterson."

"I feel foolish and I feel betrayed," Flores said. "I otherwise feel I was being cheated on. She was very convincing when she told me I was the only person who could be the father.
Let me ask you a direct question so I can understand where you are coming from....do you believe Scott is innocent?

JMO

When they talk about new evidences like the burned van with a mattress in it with blood.....you have to know that IF it was Laci in that van....she was not there to make cookies or play cards....she would have been molested or raped or her stomach opened up to get the baby so that's where my post was coming from.

That van is just another avenue they will have to check but the results will be the same....Scott has been in jail for 20 years and he will die in prison.

There was a mattress in the van that tested positive for blood. The arson investigator at the time said he was never asked about it by either the defense or prosecution. DNA testing has improved significantly since then.

JMO

This is just noise....the van will comeback as not involved in this case....Scott has been in jail for the last 20 years...he will die in prison

I do wonder if it was reporter Ted Rowlands who got the LA Innocence Project involved. He and his photographer were on the street on Dec. 26, 2002 and he said there was no van or burglary across the street. A witness told police she saw the van and 3 men on Dec. 24. Police didn't believe her.

JMO

Police stated the burglary occurred on Dec. 26, two days after Laci was last seen alive. But a neighbor reportedly said she saw three men loading a safe into a van in front of the Medina home on Dec. 24, the day Laci went missing, according to KRON4.

In a 2020 petition for a new trial that was denied, Scott's attorneys claimed that the police failed to investigate the time of the burglary. Instead, the lawyers alleged, authorities believed on timing presented by the burglars themselves.

“The only evidence the Modesto police had that the burglary occurred on Dec. 26, 2002, was that [burglars] Todd and Peace said so,” the petition reads.

“By the time they were arrested on January 2, 2003, the police should have known that the last thing any suspect in the burglary is going to do is put themselves on Covena Avenue on Christmas Eve, the day Laci went missing.”

I do wonder if it was reporter Ted Rowlands who got the LA Innocence Project involved. He and his photographer were on the street on Dec. 26, 2002 and he said there was no van or burglary across the street. A witness told police she saw the van and 3 men on Dec. 24. Police didn't believe her.

JMO

Police stated the burglary occurred on Dec. 26, two days after Laci was last seen alive. But a neighbor reportedly said she saw three men loading a safe into a van in front of the Medina home on Dec. 24, the day Laci went missing, according to KRON4.

In a 2020 petition for a new trial that was denied, Scott's attorneys claimed that the police failed to investigate the time of the burglary. Instead, the lawyers alleged, authorities believed on timing presented by the burglars themselves.

“The only evidence the Modesto police had that the burglary occurred on Dec. 26, 2002, was that [burglars] Todd and Peace said so,” the petition reads.

“By the time they were arrested on January 2, 2003, the police should have known that the last thing any suspect in the burglary is going to do is put themselves on Covena Avenue on Christmas Eve, the day Laci went missing.”
I will never believe Ted R about anything. He was very much a biased reporter. And.....I read every single thing I could get to and watched/joined CTV and Websleuths. SP is exactly where he belongs---not because he is a loser, but because he murdered Laci and their son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2