GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like SP was the one who was most interested in the more valuable pieces of jewelry and their potential worth. The appellant mentioned below is Scott Peterson.

On November 30, 2002, Laci visited Edwards Jewelers in Modesto to have certain items of jewelry appraised. She told one of the store employees that it was appellant that was interested in knowing the value of the items. When Laci learned that the inherited jewelry was worth in excess of $100,000, she said that appellant would be pleased.

The pieces that Laci and Scott pawned together only amounted to $250. That's not even enough to pay for the murder boat. JMO.

On December 10, 2002, Laci brought some gold chains to a Modesto pawn shop, which she sold for $140. She returned four days later, on December 14, with appellant, and sold some rings, chains, and a charm for $110.

Whatever happened to the jewelry valued by Edwards Jewelers for over $100,000? Did her family get that back?
Not sure. Laci's mom did get the $250,000 life insurance payout and not SP.

A judge ruled Friday that proceeds from a $250,000 life insurance policy Scott Peterson took out on his wife, Laci, will go to her mother instead.
Because Scott Peterson was convicted of killing his pregnant wife, Stanislaus County Superior Court Judge Roger Beauchesne said he is not entitled to collect the benefits of her life insurance policy.

Double and triple ditto- with the advent of social media what we see are cases being fly-specked and so called sleuths reinventing history-- you see this case, the Menendez brothers, and others- with the passage of time people are attempting to reinvent history, to even alter the facts of the case. JMO

I don't think who Amber was having sex with even matters here. Scott and only Scott chose to go outside his marriage with Laci. Scott chose to get on the phone with Amber at his missing wife's vigil and lie to her about being in Paris. Scott chose to tell Amber he was a widow before his wife was even missing. Scott's actions alone are why he was convicted in the court of public opinion.

Imagine if he's innocent and he wasn't running around on Laci. He's at the vigil and upset about his missing wife and son. He isn't on the phone being recorded lying to his mistress.. he isn't out living it up with his lover while his wife is missing/dead. He would not look guilty because he wouldn't be acting like a man who could care less that his wife and son were missing.

Amber did not do that, Scott did.
BBM. I have a real problem with LE or media commentators convicting anyone in the court of public opinion.

Amber claimed Scott told her he was a widower but there is no way to prove Amber was telling the truth. She told a man for 4 years that he was the father of her child. A DNA test proved he was not. I posted the link upthread.

Nancy Grace leaped on the Amber Frey "affair" and whipped her followers into a frenzy. His death penalty was thrown out because of juror misconduct. She has sensationalized cases to the point of depriving people of fair trials or ruins their reputation. She drove one mother to suicide.

JMO

BBM. I have a real problem with LE or media commentators convicting anyone in the court of public opinion.

Amber claimed Scott told her he was a widower but there is no way to prove Amber was telling the truth.

There are taped audios of her conversations with Scott. In one of them she says 'why'd you tell me your wife was dead?' AND HE DISCUSSES WHY HE TOLD HER THAT---

I will go find that^^^ link-- I saw it recently
She told a man for 4 years that he was the father of her child. A DNA test proved he was not. I posted the link upthread.

Nancy Grace leaped on the Amber Frey "affair" and whipped her followers into a frenzy. His death penalty was thrown out because of juror misconduct. She has sensationalized cases to the point of depriving people of fair trials or ruins their reputation. She drove one mother to suicide.

JMO

Seems like SP was the one who was most interested in the more valuable pieces of jewelry and their potential worth. The appellant mentioned below is Scott Peterson.

The pieces that Laci and Scott pawned together only amounted to $250. That's not even enough to pay for the murder boat. JMO.

The reason to get jewelry appraised is in order to buy insurance to protect them financially if stolen. Scott was the only one with a job at that point in time. Did he pay their homeowner's insurance? I believe he did.

The fact remains: Laci's aunt testified at trial the watch and diamond earrings were missing from her jewelry box. Scott didn't sell them so who has them? My guess is whomever killed her was who pawned it.

JMO

There are taped audios of her conversations with Scott. In one of them she says 'why'd you tell me your wife was dead?' AND HE DISCUSSES WHY HE TOLD HER THAT---

I will go find that^^^ link-- I saw it recently
No need to bother. I saw a link that listed a date in early December, 2002 that Scott told Amber he was married. And the phone tapes could have been edited by LE.

JMO

Amber claimed Scott told her he was a widower but there is no way to prove Amber was telling the truth. She told a man for 4 years that he was the father of her child. A DNA test proved he was not. I posted the link upthread.

JMO

I'm trying to understand your point.

Are you saying the jury that convicted Scott Peterson was influenced by Nancy Grace? And if not for her reporting on this case they would have acquitted him?

The reason to get jewelry appraised is in order to buy insurance to protect them financially if stolen. Scott was the only one with a job at that point in time. Did he pay their homeowner's insurance? I believe he did.

The fact remains: Laci's aunt testified at trial the watch and diamond earrings were missing from her jewelry box. Scott didn't sell them so who has them? My guess is whomever killed her was who pawned it.

JMO
The value of the jewelry is important to someone who wants to get rid of their spouse and try to keep it all for themselves.

$100,000 in jewelry, $250,000 life insurance. No kid to raise and pay for.

That's a motive for murder in my book. JMO.

I'm trying to understand your point.

Are you saying the jury that convicted Scott Peterson was influenced by Nancy Grace? And if not for her reporting on this case they would have acquitted him?
I think they were. Nancy had even nicknamed one, Strawberry Shortcake. I don't know that he would have been acquitted or not because he didn't get a fair trial.

JMO

The value of the jewelry is important to someone who wants to get rid of their spouse and try to keep it all for themselves.

Inherited property whether it was money or jewelry isn't automatically given to the spouse.

JMO

I think they were. Nancy had even nicknamed one, Strawberry Shortcake. I don't know that he would have been acquitted or not because he didn't get a fair trial.

JMO

Well, I don't know what to say other than everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

My opinion is based on the overwhelming evidence that points towards Scott Peterson being guilty of killing Laci and Conner. JMO.

Here's an example of how stupid Scott Peterson is and why his horrible sturgeon fishing alibi story fell flat with everyone including the jury.

Peterson's pole was too light to catch a sturgeon, according to the professional fisherman. The fish usually range from 29 to 120 pounds, he said, but Peterson's rod was rigged for an 8- to 20-pound fish.

Peterson said he had lures with him the day he went fishing. But Cuanang said it's best to use live bait such as shrimp when fishing for sturgeon.

A lot of money. I assume he sold the jewelry and watch, absolutely no way for us to know.

A lot of money. I assume he sold the jewelry and watch, absolutely no way for us to know.
Some of the jewelry was found in the home after Laci disappeared. So SP never got a chance to sell it all. IMO he was going to wait for things to cool down before selling the rest. Although he didn't hesitate in trading in Laci's car to get a truck for himself.

But Peterson, 30, reportedly is driving around town in a new truck these days. He traded in his missing wife's Range Rover SUV for a Dodge pickup truck, sources close to the investigation said. It's unclear what motivated the transaction and Modesto police have not commented.

The Croton watch that the LAIP is bringing up again is an unknown. Geragos implied that a Croton watch which was pawned at a different pawn shop than the one used by Laci and SP was Laci's inherited watch. He gave the jury no proof of that being true.
In cross examination of the owners of a different pawn shop, where Laci and Scott Peterson had pawned other jewelry, Mark Geragos showed the witness a pawn ticket he said came from a store called "The Pawn Shop."

He said the ticket -- which contains a thumbprint of the person pawning the item -- was dated Dec. 31, 2002, and listed a Croton watch. Geragos did not reveal the name of the person who pawned the watch.

So LAIP wants this investiagted further. It's part of the larger fishing expedition they are doing in this case. JMO.

No need to bother. I saw a link that listed a date in early December, 2002 that Scott told Amber he was married. And the phone tapes could have been edited by LE.

JMO
Are you serious? The phone tapes they used in the trial were possibly illegally and criminally edited by LE? That's quite an accusation to make. Any evidence of that?

And if so, WHY did Scott admit to her that he told her his wife was dead? The cops couldn't 'edit' that admission. If they had tried he would have spoken up and said it was fake.

JMO
How do we know Scott didn't sell them? We actually have no idea if he did or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R