GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never believe Ted R about anything. He was very much a biased reporter. And.....I read every single thing I could get to and watched/joined CTV and Websleuths. SP is exactly where he belongs---not because he is a loser, but because he murdered Laci and their son.
Ted, an award-winning journalist is biased? How so? Was it when he was at ABC? CNN? Court TV? He's now an anchor at CTV so apparently they don't share your opinion.

I have no reason to not believe him. He and his photographer were present on the street that day at 5 am.
I wasn't there.

JMO

Ted, an award-winning journalist is biased? How so? Was it when he was at ABC? CNN? Court TV? He's now an anchor at CTV so apparently they don't share your opinion.

I have no reason to not believe him. He and his photographer were present on the street that day at 5 am.
I wasn't there.

JMO
You do your research. I'm just fine with my opinion. Those years were excruciating. Beth Karar was right on. Nancy Grace was right on. I don't wish him ill. Court TV can hire anyone they choose. I don't expect to be agreed with !00%. Wishing you well also. I do not wish SP well.

Last edited:
I believe he didn't receive a fair trial. The police worked with the media to sensationalize it before Peterson was ever arrested.

JMO
The media sensationalized what exactly....

That he made searches on the computer to where to go with the boat that nobody knew he bought just before going to the bay where she was later found

That on the 911 call the father in-law said to 911 that Scott was golfing that day then later Scott was saying he was fishing

On TV interviews he spoke of her in the past tense to quickly go from was to is

She was not even found yet but Scott was trying to sell her car and the house like he knew she wasn't coming back

Sleeping with Amber and romancing her while he was at Laci's vigil making Amber believe he was in Paris and fooling everybody there at the vigil that he was hoping for Laci's safe return

I could go for days....

There's some much information on this case that you need to go back and take a real look at everything......he may have had an unfair trial but he's guilty of this.

Go see interviews of the mother Sharon Rocha....
Laci was a beautiful young mother to be and Scott ended her life and conner's life.

That's why he has been in prison for the last 20 years.

You do your research. I'm just fine with my opinion. Those years were exruciating. Beth Karar was right on. Nancy Grace was right on. I don't wish him ill. Court TV can hire anyone they choose. I don't expect to be agreed with !00%. Wishing you well also. I do not wish SP well.
Same here I do not wish Scott well.

When they talk about new evidences like the burned van with a mattress in it with blood.....you have to know that IF it was Laci in that van....she was not there to make cookies or play cards....she would have been molested or raped or her stomach opened up to get the baby so that's where my post was coming from.

That van is just another avenue they will have to check but the results will be the same....Scott has been in jail for 20 years and he will die in prison.
That is a big IF it is Laci's blood-which I doubt
Also, can that blood be properly tested ( if there is blood found)
After all these years!!!

That is a big IF it is Laci's blood-which I doubt
Also, can that blood be properly tested ( if there is blood found)
After all these years!!!
It is unknown if it is human blood but the Fire Inspector said he was shocked neither the prosecution nor SP's defense attorneys contacted him about it. So am I.

JMO

Some of the evidence is said to include a burnt van found near the Petersons' home and a burglary that took place at a house across the street.

Bryan Spitulski, the fire investigator in Modesto, California at the time, investigated the burnt van that was found the morning after Laci's disappearance, in December 2002.

The vehicle, located less than a mile from the Peterson home, had a mattress in the back that had some red and brown stains on it, which Spitulski feared was human blood.

One of the things that is on the LAIP's extensive list of things to investigate is Laci's Croton watch that she had inherited from her grandmother.
Laci’s Croton watch was stolen and sold at pawn shops while she was still missing.

During the trial defense attorney Geragos had a witness who testified that a similar Croton watch had been pawned on December 31st 2002 after Laci was reported missing. It was not shown who pawned the Croton watch. Was the watch even Laci's?

The defense attorney for Scott Peterson -- who is accused of killing his pregnant wife and unborn son -- produced a pawn ticket in court Thursday showing that someone pawned a watch similar to one belonging to Laci Peterson, seven days after she was reported missing.

From reading a 2015 respondents brief by the California Attorney Generals office I found this bit of information about the Croton watch.

The later forensic examination of the Peterson’s computers revealed numerous email exchanges involving the email account “slpete1@msn.com”and the sale of jewelry in December 2002 on eBay. According to eBay records for appellant’s account, there was a listing for
an “‘Amazing Diamond Bezel Ladies Watch, Croton.’” The watch was listed beginning December 1, 2002 until December 15, 2002. The records did not indicate if the item was sold.
So it appears that SP, possibly with Laci's knowledge, was trying to sell the Croton watch well before she went missing. I haven't found any evidence that the watch was stolen and then pawned. There are just suppositions being thrown out.

So the watch investigation is a dead end in my opinion.

One of the things that is on the LAIP's extensive list of things to investigate is Laci's Croton watch that she had inherited from her grandmother.

During the trial defense attorney Geragos had a witness who testified that a similar Croton watch had been pawned on December 31st 2002 after Laci was reported missing. It was not shown who pawned the Croton watch. Was the watch even Laci's?

From reading a 2015 respondents brief by the California Attorney Generals office I found this bit of information about the Croton watch.

So it appears that SP, possibly with Laci's knowledge, was trying to sell the Croton watch well before she went missing. I haven't found any evidence that the watch was stolen and then pawned. There are just suppositions being thrown out.

So the watch investigation is a dead end in my opinion.

BBM. iirc, the reason it was unknown who pawned the Croton watch is because police failed to follow up.

It was brought up at trial that Scott told LE that Laci was wearing the Croton watch that morning she went missing. Her aunt testified that she looked in her jewelry box after she disappeared, and a watch and pair of earrings were missing.

Laci had inherited a large amount of jewelry from her grandmother's estate. The couple had visited pawn shops together and sold some things. I think the boat was Laci's Christmas gift to Scott.

JMO

BBM. iirc, the reason it was unknown who pawned the Croton watch is because police failed to follow up.

It was brought up at trial that Scott told LE that Laci was wearing the Croton watch that morning she went missing. Her aunt testified that she looked in her jewelry box after she disappeared, and a watch and pair of earrings were missing.

Laci had inherited a large amount of jewelry from her grandmother's estate. The couple had visited pawn shops together and sold some things. I think the boat was Laci's Christmas gift to Scott.

JMO
Wow....the boat was Laci's gift to Scott.....Laci and her family never knew about the boat.....just like they didn't know zbout Amber....
go she interviews with Sharon Rocha.....
<modsnip - rude>

Last edited by a moderator:

JMO
It seems a bit self serving that SP would claim Laci was wearing the Croton when she went missing.

I find the fact that he was trying to sell it on Ebay before she was missing very interesting. I wonder if he did sell it for cash to someone and that funded the secret boat purchase. That would, in a very sick way, make the boat a gift from Laci. JMO.

Al Brocchini testified at Scott Peterson's preliminary hearing that police discovered on December 9, 2002, that Peterson bought a boat and paid for it with 14 $100 bills, according to the man who sold the boat to Peterson.

It seems a bit self serving that SP would claim Laci was wearing the Croton when she went missing.

I find the fact that he was trying to sell it on Ebay before she was missing very interesting. I wonder if he did sell it for cash to someone and that funded the secret boat purchase. That would, in a very sick way, make the boat a gift from Laci. JMO.

All his escapades with women cost money....

Nobody has suggested Laci was raped in the van. If the blood residue from the mattress belongs to Laci, I think it more likely she went into premature labor from the stress of being abducted.

As for Amber Fry, I don't believe Scott had any interest in her beyond sex. She was having sex with several men, including one who fathered her child and one who was stuck paying child support for four years for that child even though he wasn't the father. Thanks to Amber Frey, the DA made sure SP was convicted in the court of public opinion long before he was arrested.

JMO

At a press conference after the ruling, Flores said he was satisfied with the ruling but felt deceived by Frey. He said he had been thrust into the public eye because of Frey's references to him in her book, "Amber Frey: Witness for the Prosecution of Scott Peterson."

"I feel foolish and I feel betrayed," Flores said. "I otherwise feel I was being cheated on. She was very convincing when she told me I was the only person who could be the father.
I don't think who Amber was having sex with even matters here. Scott and only Scott chose to go outside his marriage with Laci. Scott chose to get on the phone with Amber at his missing wife's vigil and lie to her about being in Paris. Scott chose to tell Amber he was a widow before his wife was even missing. Scott's actions alone are why he was convicted in the court of public opinion.

Imagine if he's innocent and he wasn't running around on Laci. He's at the vigil and upset about his missing wife and son. He isn't on the phone being recorded lying to his mistress.. he isn't out living it up with his lover while his wife is missing/dead. He would not look guilty because he wouldn't be acting like a man who could care less that his wife and son were missing.

Amber did not do that, Scott did.

I don't think who Amber was having sex with even matters here. Scott and only Scott chose to go outside his marriage with Laci. Scott chose to get on the phone with Amber at his missing wife's vigil and lie to her about being in Paris. Scott chose to tell Amber he was a widow before his wife was even missing. Scott's actions alone are why he was convicted in the court of public opinion.

Imagine if he's innocent and he wasn't running around on Laci. He's at the vigil and upset about his missing wife and son. He isn't on the phone being recorded lying to his mistress.. he isn't out living it up with his lover while his wife is missing/dead. He would not look guilty because he wouldn't be acting like a man who could care less that his wife and son were missing.

Amber did not do that, Scott did.
Good post!!

Why would that be self-serving? Scott cooperated with police and provided a description of his wife and what she was wearing. I think that is SOP.

There was testimony at trial from the pawn shop owners that did buy some of the jewelry. Scott had accompanied Laci to some of the sales. If it was being offered on Ebay prior to Laci going missing, I think it was Laci who was selling it. The jewelry belonged to her, not Scott.

JMO

Why would that be self-serving? Scott cooperated with police and provided a description of his wife and what she was wearing. I think that is SOP.

There was testimony at trial from the pawn shop owners that did buy some of the jewelry. Scott had accompanied Laci to some of the sales. If it was being offered on Ebay prior to Laci going missing, I think it was Laci who was selling it. The jewelry belonged to her, not Scott.

JMO
Because he wanted to use it as part of a theory that Laci was abducted for the very expensive jewelry she was allegedly wearing. Seems a bit odd and dangerous thing to do to me. JMO.

Grogan testified Monday that Peterson initially theorized that Laci "had been wearing jewelry that she inherited from her grandmother and that he'd seen her wearing it on that morning, and when she went into the park a transient had robbed her for her jewelry."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member