UK- London Nine injured in suspected acid attack, children among injured 01/31/24

He might have poured the liquid into a bottle/sprinkler.

Who knows? :rolleyes:
From the stills taken from street cctv from the night of the attack it looked like the police were focussed on a metal container of some sort, maybe like a metal coffee warming beaker or something. So I suspect he decanted the liquid into a container for safe transport and so that it didn’t arouse suspicion (it took the police a while to identify the substance so it was likely out of its packaging).

The articles have said the substance was either caustic soda or sodium carbonate, which are both common cleaning agents.

Both would probably be bought as a dry powder and then mixed up with water. So the tubs might be the dry powder but he probably carried the mixture in some kind of bottle.

From the stills taken from street cctv from the night of the attack it looked like the police were focussed on a metal container of some sort, maybe like a metal coffee warming beaker or something. So I suspect he decanted the liquid into a container for safe transport and so that it didn’t arouse suspicion (it took the police a while to identify the substance so it was likely out of its packaging).
Thanks!
It makes sense.

Ooops!
I managed a rhyme :)

There is absolutely NO suggestion that this is a terrorist attack. It looks like it will most likely be a Hannah Baxter type situation.
Maybe not every single one, but this latest one is questionable concerning the motive ?
An act of violence can be considered a terror attack regardless.
Omo.

Whatever his motivation, it seems apparent he didn't randomly decide to throw a bottle of bleach he'd just bought from the shop.

He appears to have deliberately put a corrosive substance in a disguised container. That's pre-meditated.
Quite. And it appears he drove through the night (last seen in Newcastle around 12.15am and then spotted in Tooting around 6am). That is a long drive through the night. As someone who sometimes drives long journeys my first thought was when and where did he sleep (although sensible driving at night, much less traffic). I wonder if his ‘plan’ had been to drive overnight, sleep, carry out attack, and then return the same night? Insane he thought he would get away with it. Not sure we’re dealing with a criminal mastermind here (MOO but I fear he could be in the river… my only basis for that is that I don’t see how he’s contacted any “associates” between jumping on the tube in a rush at Clapham South, arriving at Kings Cross, buying water, but no sign of buying a phone or suggestion of using a pay phone. And who knows anyone’s mobile phone numbers off by heart these days? Unless he’s carrying around scraps of paper with key contacts’ numbers on him? But then where did he get a phone, and surely he would have been spotted using a pay phone. There can’t be all that many left?!

Quite. And it appears he drove through the night (last seen in Newcastle around 12.15am and then spotted in Tooting around 6am). That is a long drive through the night. As someone who sometimes drives long journeys my first thought was when and where did he sleep (although sensible driving at night, much less traffic). I wonder if his ‘plan’ had been to drive overnight, sleep, carry out attack, and then return the same night? Insane he thought he would get away with it. Not sure we’re dealing with a criminal mastermind here (MOO but I fear he could be in the river… my only basis for that is that I don’t see how he’s contacted any “associates” between jumping on the tube in a rush at Clapham South, arriving at Kings Cross, buying water, but no sign of buying a phone or suggestion of using a pay phone. And who knows anyone’s mobile phone numbers off by heart these days? Unless he’s carrying around scraps of paper with key contacts’ numbers on him? But then where did he get a phone, and surely he would have been spotted using a pay phone. There can’t be all that many left?!
A shop keeper in Newcastle reported that he used pay as you go. He could have more than one phone. A 22 year old,presumably his brother, was arrested for assisting an offender, so he could have been given a phone.

I think ,given all the services looking for him,he is involved in more than an attack on a woman he had been in a relationship with.

Maybe not every single one, but this latest one is questionable concerning the motive ?
Omo.
Terrorism is violence with a political or religious motive. Let's not stretch the definition to mean "any form of violence that is intended to cause terror". The same logic would make Richard Ramirez a terrorist.

But despite his criminal history, Ezedi was granted asylum on a subsequent appeal after getting a priest to vouch that he had converted to Christianity. His case has already been compared to Liverpool bomber Emad Al Swealmeen, who found Jesus just to improve his asylum case.

It appears from the article that the woman was known to the attacker.

Question : Had he maybe wanted her to marry him to ensure his staying in GB ?
And she saw him for what he was -- and refused ... so he dealt with the problem the way he was accustomed to doing so ?
Or, was it a gang initiation ?

In any case he should be easier to apprehend, as he injured himself quite severely while attacking this poor woman and her two children !
Imo.

Vicars have been accused of aiding asylum seekers to 'game' the immigration system by helping hundreds to convert from Islam and 'pray to stay' in the UK as it emerged people smugglers used Instagram to urge migrants to follow Christ to help them gain British citizenship.
The Church of England has denied there is any link between their vicars converting Muslim migrants and systemic abuse of the asylum system.

In 2021 it emerged that Enzo Almeni, a Christian convert who had changed his name by deed poll from Emad Al Swealmeen, blew himself up outside Liverpool Women's Hospital on Remembrance Sunday after months of planning.
Red bolding mine.

Serious concerns being raised for the vicars.
These 'conversions' are skeptical to say the least.
Omo.

Clapham chemical attacker Abdul Ezedi was last seen at Southwark Bridge two hours after he allegedly attacked a woman and her two young daughters, which may have left the mother partially blind.

Scotland Yard detectives hunting for the fugitive have been tracking his movements and revealed he was last seen near the Thames at around 9.50pm on Wednesday.

Officers are not searching the river, the Met Police said, and the motive behind the attack is still not known. Ezedi is not the father of the young girls.

He has been using a bank card to move around London's Tube network with it last being used late on Wednesday. Investigators are trawling through hundreds of hours of CCTV to discover his whereabouts.

Police today arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of assisting Ezedi. He has since been released on bail.

A shop keeper in Newcastle reported that he used pay as you go. He could have more than one phone. A 22 year old,presumably his brother, was arrested for assisting an offender, so he could have been given a phone.

I think ,given all the services looking for him,he is involved in more than an attack on a woman he had been in a relationship with.
Bbm.
Agreed.
What other crimes has this man committed, including in his country of origin ?
Is that why he left that country ... because he was suspected or wanted in other crimes, including -- but not limited to -- acid attacks ?
Something the government should have maybe vetted him for; before allowing him entrance.
He came over as an adult, not a small child.
Omo.

Bbm.
Agreed.
What other crimes has this man committed, including in his country of origin ?
Is that why he left that country ... because he was suspected or wanted in other crimes, including -- but not limited to -- acid attacks ?
Something the government should have maybe vetted him for; before allowing him entrance.
He came over as an adult, not a small child.
Omo.
Well,
for starters, he is a sex abuser.
And a chemical attacker.

Was he called a "good Muslim"? :oops:
Or was it a "good Christian"? :rolleyes:

Well,
for starters, he is a sex abuser.
And a chemical attacker.

Was he called a "good Muslim"? :oops:
Or was it a "good Christian"? :rolleyes:
Good questions.
We need an 'eye roll' emoji reaction here. :D

Seriously, it's doubtful we'll ever know the truth.
And the perp isn't going to 'spill' the truth, of that I'm certain !

What a disgusting and horrific act towards that poor woman and her daughters.
:mad:
Omo.

CCTV image of Ezedi leaving Tower Hill tube station
IMAGE SOURCE, METROPOLITAN POLICE
Image caption, Police have released a CCTV image of Ezedi leaving Tower Hill tube station

Omo.
Especially after the subsequent police raids that found tubs of corrosive chemicals in an apartment. I'd say it's terror related that hospitals are treating chemical attacks every week! Are they all a form of organized attacks and this is just a domestic anomaly? It's terrifying.

Police and the MSM articles seem to be assuming it's a burn, but unless they have much clearer CCTV than they've shown to us, they couldn't know that for sure...right? I don't see how they can be certain he splashed himself when they haven't found him.

On the other hand, they know for a fact he crashed the car and headbutted the pavement, either or both of which could cause a head injury.
Maybe witnesses saw he got some on his face. They were seeing first hand from the mother and daughters, from themselves too, what burns looked like. Maybe they told police, he got some on his face?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetCandy
Back