UK- London Nine injured in suspected acid attack, children among injured 01/31/24

"Detectives hunting for the chemical attack suspect Abdul Ezedi have arrested and bailed a 22-year-old man on suspicion of assisting an offender.

Investigators are trawling through hundreds of hours of CCTV and

have tracked Ezedi’s movements on the Tube network via his bank card,

with the latest sighting now on Southwark Bridge at 9.50pm on Wednesday.

The last confirmed time that he used his bank card was on Wednesday, police said.

Counter-terrorism officers are helping sift through CCTV as part of the massive manhunt.

A 31-year-old woman may lose the sight in her right eye after the attack
while her daughters, aged eight and three,
were also hurt but
have since been discharged from hospital."

I pray she keeps her sight, even if it it just one eye. She needs to be able to see those precious daughters grow up.

"Detectives hunting for the chemical attack suspect Abdul Ezedi have arrested and bailed a 22-year-old man on suspicion of assisting an offender.

Investigators are trawling through hundreds of hours of CCTV and

have tracked Ezedi’s movements on the Tube network via his bank card,

with the latest sighting now on Southwark Bridge at 9.50pm on Wednesday.

The last confirmed time that he used his bank card was on Wednesday, police said.

Counter-terrorism officers are helping sift through CCTV as part of the massive manhunt.

A 31-year-old woman may lose the sight in her right eye after the attack
while her daughters, aged eight and three,
were also hurt but
have since been discharged from hospital."

22? Same age as someone very close to him...

Yes, very interesting that he left his phone behind. Clearly he knows that the police can track them. Wherever he went on Wednesday night he went a very convoluted route. South Clapham to King's Cross to Victoria to Tower Hill to Southwark Bridge and presumeably back south of the river on foot.
Leaving his phone behind might have been a complete accident. Maybe he was using his phone as a satnav in the car (if he was settled in Newcastle he wouldn’t necessarily know his way round London). When the attack in/around the car happened he had intended to drive off (didn’t he get back in the car to try to drive away but then crashed it so ran away at speed on foot). It wouldn’t surprise me if leaving his phone was an accident. (A potentially costly one as I wonder whether the police have had the phone for some time and are only releasing that info now to let potential co-conspirators know that they have his phone and therefore possibly contact details etc of people he has previously been in touch with).

16:45

Six key things we just learnt from police​

We've just had an update from the Metropolitan Police about their manhunt for Abdul Shokoor Ezedi, which is in its fifth day.

If you missed it, or need a recap, here are six key things we learnt:

• A 22-year-old man was arrested this morning for assisting an offender - he was interviewed by police in south London and later released on bail
  • The 31-year-old mother, attacked with an alkaline substance on Wednesday, has facial injuries that will impact her for the rest of her life - police say she may lose sight in her right eye
  • Ezedi was last seen in the Southwark Bridge area of London at 21:50 GMT on Wednesday - a little more than two hours after the attack
  • Police say they are not currently searching the River Thames for Ezedi
  • The motive behind the attack is still unclear, but police say Ezedi is not the father of the children he's also accused of attacking
  • Police are combing through hundreds of hours of CCTV footage to discover Ezedi's whereabouts - they say he's been using a bank card to move around London's tube network, but it hasn't been used since late on Wednesday

22? Same age as someone very close to him...
Hmmm....

It might be that there is no gang, but only
an unfortunate brother involved in this mess.

Family and community play a central role in Afghan's life/culture - he simply couldn't turn his back on criminal brother.

Oh well...

Time will tell - I hope.

JMO

Last edited:
16:33

Focus of investigation remains London and Newcastle, police say​

The focus of the investigation remains London and Newcastle, police tell reporters at an off-camera briefing, which we're almost done updating you on.

Det Supt Sewell says the Met are being well supported by Northumbria Police and the British Transport Police. Those forces are working on gathering CCTV in Newcastle, he says, and looking for anyone who may have known Ezedi in Newcastle.

Cdr Savell, also from the Met, adds that the manhunt continues at a considerable pace, with hundreds of officers involved - including from counter terrorism.

He reiterates that Abdul Shokoor Ezedi is considered a very dangerous offender.

Posted at 16:27

'Search could take several weeks'​

Police tell the briefing that it's always more difficult to crack a manhunt when the suspect doesn't have a mobile phone with them.

Ezedi's phone - which police have - has been "comprehensively analysed", Dep Supt Sewell says, as has the substance used in the attack - which has been narrowed down to two potential very strong alkalis.

He also lays out two police theories, which he says are being considered:
  • Ezedi has come to some harm
  • Someone is looking after him
Dep Supt Sewell says if Ezedi is being kept at one address, and being provided with food and water by someone, then the search could take several weeks.

'Search could take several weeks'​

Police tell the briefing that it's always more difficult to crack a manhunt when the suspect doesn't have a mobile phone with them.

Ezedi's phone - which police have - has been "comprehensively analysed", Dep Supt Sewell says, as has the substance used in the attack - which has been narrowed down to two potential very strong alkalis.

He also lays out two police theories, which he says are being considered:
  • Ezedi has come to some harm
  • Someone is looking after him
Dep Supt Sewell says if Ezedi is being kept at one address, and being provided with food and water by someone, then the search could take several weeks.

And this is my prediction also.
I remember when one terrorist in Belgium (attack on the club) was caught after nearly half a year later.

I doubt the perp is dead.

JMO

And this is my prediction also.
I remember when one terrorist in Belgium (attack on the club) was caught after nearly half a year later.

I doubt the perp is dead.

JMO
The fact that he has such a bad injury to his eye which he is unable to get proper treatment for must mean there is a chance he is no longer alive in my opinion - though the police do seem to be steering towards him being looked after by somebody.

Last edited:
How in the name of the flying spaghetti monster, is this guy still out there?? Those wounds would have to be agonizing. And no one saw him in his travels? No one thought anything was amiss? "Uh, excuse me sir, but half of your face seems to be missing.." Either he's dead or being hidden, and I'm starting to lean towards the "dead" possibility since I can't think he would have been able to manage out of hospital with that wound for this long.

How in the name of the flying spaghetti monster, is this guy still out there?? Those wounds would have to be agonizing. And no one saw him in his travels? No one thought anything was amiss? "Uh, excuse me sir, but half of your face seems to be missing.." Either he's dead or being hidden, and I'm starting to lean towards the "dead" possibility since I can't think he would have been able to manage out of hospital with that wound for this long.
People would have noticed him on Wednesday evening but there is already CCTV tracking his movements on that evening. Unless the police are withholding information it seems that he has ‘gone to ground’ after that which is obviously making tracking him down difficult.

The fact that he has such a bad injury to his eye which he is unable to get proper treatment for must mean there is a chance he is no longer alive in my opinion - though the police do seem to be steering towards him being looked after by somebody.

If his eye injury is because of his face planting then it's not live threatening I'd have thought, maybe a ugly bruise which will go down.

People would have noticed him on Wednesday evening but there is already CCTV tracking his movements on that evening. Unless the police are withholding information it seems that he has ‘gone to ground’ after that which is obviously making tracking him down difficult.
I am veering towards Police withholding information. I think they might be investigating and looking for people further up the chain than him.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HairHawk
Back