CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arrest warrant says Jennifer's iPhone "disconnected from the Verizon network" at 11:09am and never reconnected. If it was put in airplane mode then the bluetooth could still be active even when off the network (if she had previously ever used BT while in airplane mode, like when you are flying.) It is possible that FD put the phone in airplane mode rather than turning it off, and tossed it into the woods (or put it somewhere he could come back to if needed, even). Sometimes if it's too far from the BT it will come in sporadically.
They did bring in electronic sniffing dogs to search for her phone at Waveny and along the Merritt Parkway, but that wasn't until the following week.
Super helpful! thank you

Got it. But is it off putting to the jury?
They are the only ones that count.
JMO.

Who can watch on Tuesday?

Perfect test of "Is The Defense Reading Here???"

Personally, can't quite decide if the behavior is more like George Jefferson/Sherman Hemsley:

1707573170594.jpeg
Gothamist

or a rather physical "*advertiser censored** U."

jmho ymmv lrr for hours during this particular trial :eek:

They didn't bring up that FD's phone alarm went off at 4:20 AM on the 24th. I wonder why.

On my phone I have it set for weekday alarm and weekend alarm automatically. I wonder if he might have which would just cause the defendant's lawyer to retort that it is the same time as every other day.

The interesting thing would be how it was turned off--- by him manually or did it continue to go off until it stops which I believe is about 15 minutes. My guess was that it was manually shut off. I am waiting to see the timeline of his actions day he killed JD become in sharper focus.

ETA: it might be less than 15 minutes before it turns off. Differing information on line.

Last edited:
Don’t let JS b#%%s#*+ lure you in!!

“From Jennifer’s suburban, Newth testified an iPhone connected to Bluetooth at 2:56 p.m., but he couldn't say who it belonged to. The defense brought up the call history of that iPhone, implying it indicates it was Jennifer’s phone.”
Note: the was JS “testimony” on the courthouse steps, not the trial itself. If there was enough evidence to prove that, it would have been admitted. MOO.

If the jury are supposed to believe that dozens of messages, calls, “deleted themselves” from FD phoneS.
Then jury can believe that JF car bluetooth contected itself to “iPhone” despite the circumstances.

I was just thinking about MT’s phone- I think it was only disallowed recently so at least wouldn’t LE have access to all the Cellebrite data to help in their investigation, even if they can’t bring it in? Hopefully location or text messages could have helped them narrow down where she was and when, and then they’d have to look for other data like cameras or cell towers to corroborate.
Although, if it was obvious to the judge (and defense would bring it to attention) that the information was obtained because of the cell phone that was searched without a warrant, that evidence would be disallowed, too. it would have to be evidence LE could explain was obtained without that inappropriately gained information.

MOO

The arrest warrant says Jennifer's iPhone "disconnected from the Verizon network" at 11:09am and never reconnected. If it was put in airplane mode then the bluetooth could still be active even when off the network (if she had previously ever used BT while in airplane mode, like when you are flying.) It is possible that FD put the phone in airplane mode rather than turning it off, and tossed it into the woods (or put it somewhere he could come back to if needed, even). Sometimes if it's too far from the BT it will come in sporadically.
They did bring in electronic sniffing dogs to search for her phone at Waveny and along the Merritt Parkway, but that wasn't until the following week.
maybe that connection was the reason they brought in the electronic sniffers.

MOO

Yes, I agree. She fought hard to have it returned to her and that is why I think it should be shown on the thread as I think its a good image of what MT believes herself to be....and it was important enough to the couple to place it over their bed too.
I wonder if the 5 kids saw it when they visited. And that had been their mother’s room!

And, at least she wasn't married.

Fotis was the one who broke marriage vows, disobeyed parenting agreements, and pressured the children to join an alliance against their own mother.

Also, it's pretty clear that English would be stressful for the defendant in a stressful situation. Her English is excellent and fluent, but not native. She talks around unknown vocabulary to make her point. Yet she lied like crazy about (IMO) not only failing to prevent a murder but participating in committing one (allegedly). Her language deficits don't explain away her lies or actions. She lied about so much. Why waste our time arguing she is lying about English? Her deficits are real, but irrelevant to the crime.

NGL, I avoided this thread for years because those two issues -language and home wreaking- over shadowed what matters: it appears she conspired with Fotis to murder. I don't come to websleuths to assign blame to a marriage going bad (and here the blame is 100% Fotis). I come to discuss crimes. The crime is murder. I think she is a co-conspirator.

MOO
AMEN!

And, at least she wasn't married.

Fotis was the one who broke marriage vows, disobeyed parenting agreements, and pressured the children to join an alliance against their own mother.

Also, it's pretty clear that English would be stressful for the defendant in a stressful situation. Her English is excellent and fluent, but not native. She talks around unknown vocabulary to make her point. Yet she lied like crazy about (IMO) not only failing to prevent a murder but participating in committing one (allegedly). Her language deficits don't explain away her lies or actions. She lied about so much. Why waste our time arguing she is lying about English? Her deficits are real, but irrelevant to the crime.

NGL, I avoided this thread for years because those two issues -language and home wreaking- over shadowed what matters: it appears she conspired with Fotis to murder. I don't come to websleuths to assign blame to a marriage going bad (and here the blame is 100% Fotis). I come to discuss crimes. The crime is murder. I think she is a co-conspirator.

MOO
@Ruminations, absolutely always love your clarity and focus!

Yes, the crime is murder and I think once ME presentation is done that this issue will be done and dusted.

Co-Conspirator as beyond a reasonable doubt is building and I hope its a 'bridge to somewhere' by the State.

I need it all of your clarity and focus now as I have to say I was profoundly disappointed in the States presentation of PG and the electronic data. Rewatching the electronic data presentation again so maybe I will change my mind so we shall see.

PG probably isn't worth talking about given the immunity deal but the electronic data is a big deal and imo the witnesses did a great job being clear but the States presentation left me flat because it didn't do anything to provide narrative and simply was dropping data points into the record to perhaps be clarified later. What did you think? Did you see the timeline being filled in more after the electronic data experts and Atty Mannings presentation?

It could be that the State is doing things this way due to the obvious nightmare that is Defence Counsel and his penchant for screaming "mistrial" at the drop of a hat, but seriously the electronic data shouldn't be difficult to track or understand even for my simple mind as we knew what we were looking for going into the expert testimony but then to see none of that simply leaves me cold. Perhaps the disjointed presentation by Atty Manning was due to the inability to include MT cell phone? I'm still scratching my head as to why I felt this presentation left alot to be desired and was oddly opaque. Perhaps by design? IDK.

IDK if Atty Manning didn't understand the tech well enough to explain it and put some narrative around the expert testimony to make it an understandable story to the jury as it seemed she was just dropping in electronic data points for future use, but I hope she has more coming and certainly more narrative as what has been seen thus far is imo insufficient on many fronts to understand who was where and when. I've appreciated Atty Manning and her unflappable presentation so far along with her periodic panther like strikes against the overreaching Defence Counsel, but this electronic data presentation so far was quite sub par imo. Perhaps we will learn more later on these issues and from different witnesses? IDK. Graphics imo are needed and the maps used were way too small to have any impact. I hope the jury wasn't lost on this presentation as its critical data imo. Overall quite disappointed as I'd hoped this data would resolve so many issues on the timeline/s.

I'm listening again and maybe a second watch will help. IDK. But the first listen was disappointing as I was hoping for so much more.

MOO

Last edited:
What about if Jennifer had the Onstar Mobile Vehicle App on her phone. Someone (Fotis) had her phone and remotely accessed her Onstar via that App and the Bluetooth in her car recognised her phone. Is that even possible? Just thinking outside the box.

Yes, the crime is murder and I think once ME presentation is done that this issue will be done and dusted.

Co-Conspirator as beyond a reasonable doubt is building and I hope its a 'bridge to somewhere' by the State.

I need it all of your clarity and focus now as I have to say I was profoundly disappointed in the States presentation of PG and the electronic data. Rewatching the electronic data presentation again so maybe I will change my mind so we shall see.

PG probably isn't worth talking about given the immunity deal but the electronic data is a big deal and imo the witnesses did a great job being clear but the States presentation left me flat because it didn't do anything to provide narrative and simply was dropping data points into the record to perhaps be clarified later. What did you think? Did you see the timeline being filled in more after the electronic data experts and Atty Mannings presentation?

It could be that the State is doing things this way due to the obvious nightmare that is Defence Counsel and his penchant for screaming "mistrial" at the drop of a hat, but seriously the electronic data shouldn't be difficult to track or understand even for my simple mind as we knew what we were looking for going into the expert testimony but then to see none of that simply leaves me cold. Perhaps the disjointed presentation by Atty Manning was due to the inability to include MT cell phone? I'm still scratching my head as to why I felt this presentation left alot to be desired and was oddly opaque. Perhaps by design? IDK.

IDK if Atty Manning didn't understand the tech well enough to explain it and put some narrative around the expert testimony to make it an understandable story to the jury as it seemed she was just dropping in electronic data points for future use, but I hope she has more coming and certainly more narrative as what has been seen thus far is imo insufficient on many fronts to understand who was where and when. I've appreciated Atty Manning and her unflappable presentation so far along with her periodic panther like strikes against the overreaching Defence Counsel, but this electronic data presentation so far was quite sub par imo. Perhaps we will learn more later on these issues and from different witnesses? IDK. Graphics imo are needed and the maps used were way too small to have any impact. I hope the jury wasn't lost on this presentation as its critical data imo. Overall quite disappointed as I'd hoped this data would resolve so many issues on the timeline/s.

I'm listening again and maybe a second watch will help. IDK. But the first listen was disappointing as I was hoping for so much more.

MOO
I think the State breezed through the location and call date quickly for two reasons: 1. It is dry, they needed the reports admitted. and they didn't want to bore the jury any longer than necessary. And 2. it's the next witness who will synthesize it.

Without the defendant's phone, it's absolutely critical to exhaust FD's. And then place her with him at as many points as they can. So the jury gets it -- where he is, she is, certainly from afternoon onward.

I think we'll hear from Kimball or Reilly again

I wonder too if we'll hear more about KM including any DNA evidence. Perhaps he wasn't ctossmatched until later in the chronology and by other analysts than those from whom we've anyway heard. The Prosecution seems to be presenting events in the order they occurred.

The ME is the one who is going to drive this home.

The hooded poncho drives the defendant to prison.

JMO

I think the State breezed through the location and call date quickly for two reasons: 1. It is dry, they needed the reports admitted. and they didn't want to bore the jury any longer than necessary. And 2. it's the next witness who will synthesize it.

Without the defendant's phone, it's absolutely critical to exhaust FD's. And then place her with him at as many points as they can. So the jury gets it -- where he is, she is, certainly from afternoon onward.

I think we'll hear from Kimball or Reilly again

I wonder too if we'll hear more about KM including any DNA evidence. Perhaps he wasn't ctossmatched until later in the chronology and by other analysts than those from whom we've anyway heard. The Prosecution seems to be presenting events in the order they occurred.

The ME is the one who is going to drive this home.

The hooded poncho drives the defendant to prison.

JMO
I don't think we have ever seen the full interrogation #3. That may reveal a lot. I could never find the entire interview, only a short clip.
IMO, the ME will be huge, though gruesome and heartbreaking.
We are all hoping she is seen purchasing the clear ponchos. Figures crossed.
I can't criticize the pros. To me they have done a stellar job.
That would be the penguin and the flat butt allegedly attributed to poster on X. ;)

MOO

MOO
I’m unable to watch due to work so doubly appreciate Megnut’s (& everyone’s) play by play. Regarding the electronic data (without the necessary context to illustrate its importance?) …. Unfortunately the jury doesn’t have the luxury or ability to re-watch. :(. I hope they get it.

I’m unable to watch due to work so doubly appreciate Megnut’s (& everyone’s) play by play. Regarding the electronic data (without the necessary context to illustrate its importance?) …. Unfortunately the jury doesn’t have the luxury or ability to re-watch. :(. I hope they get it.
They will have the exhibits. Much easier to understand. Thursday's testimony was IMO the hardest to relate because context was lacking, the screen was blocked and the testimony was rapid fire.

I hope it's pulled together this week. So it'll show where FD's phone was when certain calls and memes come in. Incoming, outgoing. And where the vehicles are. And which pieces of evidence have whose DNA on them.

I know LE can't use a download of the defendant's phone because of the warrant issue but I wonder if they can use subpoenaed carrier records to fill in some blanks.

Regardless, her third interview will do her in.

JMO

What about if Jennifer had the Onstar Mobile Vehicle App on her phone. Someone (Fotis) had her phone and remotely accessed her Onstar via that App and the Bluetooth in her car recognised her phone. Is that even possible? Just thinking outside the box.
Unfortunately we haven't heard about the OnStar data available on the JF Suburban. We just know that JF had an active OnStar subscription. Hopefully we will hear from GM rep on this aspect of available info as I don't believe CSP had capacity to access this data but I don't know this for fact and am just going from other cases where OnStar data came directly from GM.

Last edited:
They will have the exhibits. Much easier to understand. Thursday's testimony was IMO the hardest to relate because context was lacking, the screen was blocked and the testimony was rapid fire.

I hope it's pulled together this week. So it'll show where FD's phone was when certain calls and memes come in. Incoming, outgoing. And where the vehicles are. And which pieces of evidence have whose DNA on them.

I know LE can't use a download of the defendant's phone because of the warrant issue but I wonder if they can use subpoenaed carrier records to fill in some blanks.

Regardless, her third interview will do her in.

JMO
I agree with you about the 3rd MT interview.

We see roughly a 1 hr 48 min period I believe from when the Ford Raptor arrives back at 4Jx (6PM) and when it leaves for Albany Avenue (7:48pm) where there was no info available in the Raptor data extraction. Its possible that perhaps the vehicle was just sitting at 4JX? IDK. So, perhaps the FD phone/s will tell the story of what was happening. We know MT was in vehicle with FD on Albany and perhaps LE was able to obtain call data via subpoena of call records of people she spoke with (ie Petu etc.). Not sure how this issue will play out given the MT cell phone being unavailable due to warrant issue as ruled on by Judge R. Does anyone know if State could have appealed this ruling prior to trial?

Every time I think about the sheer volume of time MT lying about lies and the impact they had on the cost of this investigation along with how it absolutely hindered progress in solving this murder in addition to a long prison sentence I wish the State of CT could hand a bill to MT and her 'benefactors' and have them pay it as it has to be an enormous bill IMO and it absolutely enrages me.

I am also enraged by Troconis Crew Social Media posts claiming that the reason MT is being 'persecuted' by State of CT is because so much money was spent on the investigation.

Just hope that in the future CT Courts take note of Social Media along with extrajudicial commentary aka DISINFORMATION from folks like Defence Counsel and Norm Pattis and simply routinely impose Gag Orders on ALL PARTIES including family and family adjacent. The fact that the Troconis Crew has been permitted to inflict 4 years of uncontested damage on VICTIM JF as well as PG is simply unconscionable imo and for this I blame the State for not protecting the Victim and Judge R for putting his head in the sand on the issue of Social Media and Media Coverage in general. The irony of the situation is that Schoenhorn and the Troconis Credit didn't need to hire private PR, they simply hooked up with Shannon Miller ("Seeker of TRUTH") at NBC CT and whatever message they wanted was put out over the airwaves and internet with no questions asked. Stunning that it happened and Stunning that its still happening.

MOO

Last edited:
I think (?) I heard one day last week when the judge was asking about the schedule that the prosecution expects to end their case on the 22nd, then the defense said they would need at least four full days.

Then would the prosecution have a rebuttal?

I never heard any additional discussion about the schedule…did anyone?

I believe no court next Monday due to Presidents Day.

I agree with you about the 3rd MT interview.

We see roughly a 1 hr 48 min period I believe from when the Ford Raptor arrives back at 4Jx (6PM) and when it leaves for Albany Avenue (7:48pm) where there was no info available in the Raptor data extraction. Its possible that perhaps the vehicle was just sitting at 4JX? IDK. So, perhaps the FD phone/s will tell the story of what was happening. We know MT was in vehicle with FD on Albany and perhaps LE was able to obtain call data via subpoena of call records of people she spoke with (ie Petu etc.). Not sure how this issue will play out given the MT cell phone being unavailable due to warrant issue as ruled on by Judge R. Does anyone know if State could have appealed this ruling prior to trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member