Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a reminder,

Websleuths’ victim friendly rule extends to family members of a victim. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Also, if you’re going to post something as fact, you must include an approved source link to substantiate the information.

Thanks!

What I notice is the daughters pleas to the mum directly show me she believes it is highly possible that SM would leave of her own volition.
The father’s comments were cold, matter of fact without worry which coincides with the above. The belief she is out there by choice is interesting
If it is not in your nature to do something like that (leave the family), people would say so and the level of worry and fear would be far higher.

I saw the video of them both speaking more as a plea to SM not who may have taken her or hurt her

You don't need to bluntly say ... there are plenty of insinuations.

We simply do not know enough to make any assumptions.
We do not know if there was trouble in the home.
We do not know if there was trouble in the business.
We do not know where Sam's phone pinged before the reported last ping.
We do not know if the police have cracked any GPS metadata.

When Kylie Blackwood was murdered, I was looking very close to home. Turns out a junkie murdered Kylie, tried to use her ATM card unsuccessfully, and was arrested almost 3 years later for her murder. Because - without a lucky break - sometimes it can take a long time for the police to compile all of the proof for a successful conviction.

imo
I’m with you SA, we simply dont have enough information to make any assumptions.
Usually I’m first to blame husband but not ready to jump off the fence yet.
We have no idea of the state of the marriage, hopefully the people at the dinner party have useful information of how they seemed together.
I do wonder if this is a second marriage for at least one of them.

I dont think my husband would have a clue what to do if I went missing, but I think it would be very late in the day before he thought he should make enquiries
I also totally get the bit where he didnt notice she hadnt come home from walk.

I also totally get the bit where he didnt notice she hadnt come home from walk.
I don’t think we have media confirmation of this part yet???
Unless some one can add a link ???

But I do also get it, especially on a rural property .. in the shed, on a ride on mower etc etc at the time …. (All those types of situations are possible )

IMO

I don’t think we have media confirmation of this part yet???
Unless some one can add a link ???

But I do also get it, especially on a rural property .. in the shed, on a ride on mower etc etc at the time …. (All those types of situations are possible )

IMO
Or the husband just not being across SM’s schedule (my hubby is the same, not much idea of my daily schedule at times and wouldn’t necessarily think much of me not coming home from a walk until a bit later, he’d assume I went for a coffee with a friend or something).

The single ping of the phone on the Sunday afternoon is very interesting. Why did it not ping all day and then ping just once?

I have also read that LE is allegedly having difficulty doing phone tower triangulation of her phone because of the remoteness and the location of the nearest mobile phone towers.

If Samantha is the victim of foul play by someone very close to her then IMO it is much easier for LE to solve this than a random attack by a random bush person of no fixed address.

If she actually went running,
I simply don't believe that NOBODY saw her.

Sure, it was Sunday and the time was early but
there must have been few runners taking advantage of cooler temperature?
No one? :rolleyes:
And wouldn't she take her dog with her?

If I were out driving early on a Sunday, a lone early morning jogger would stick in my mind more clearly. Surely there is one person who remembers? How busy are the roads in this area?

The single ping of the phone on the Sunday afternoon is very interesting. Why did it not ping all day and then ping just once?

I have also read that LE is allegedly having difficulty doing phone tower triangulation of her phone because of the remoteness and the location of the nearest mobile phone towers.

If Samantha is the victim of foul play by someone very close to her then IMO it is much easier for LE to solve this than a random attack by a random bush person of no fixed address.
Twice.
- golf course in the morning
- 5 p.m. far from the park

JMO

It actually makes more sense if she was grabbed very quickly as she was leaving, like when she disappeared out of view of the camera. That could explain no more CCTV vision.

But then there's those campers, who may have seen someone who wasn't Samantha or may have seen her on a different day. ?

Last edited:
I noticed sympathy towards the daughter, especially at the end when the cop reached out to her. Not so to the dad.
However, that may just be a timing/opportunity thing.
I agree. As they were walking away, Jess, the daughter, was walking alongside the police superintendent, and Jess's father was on the other side of Jess.

I didn't notice anything specific about the superintendent's body language that was out of the ordinary. She was scanning around at various stages, and as previously noted, police would be keen to see who was at the presser, and how they were behaving. IMO they were all probably starting to feel quite uncomfortable standing out in the hot sun, quite apart from the actual stress of speaking at a press conference.

In previous threads, it's been mentioned a few times that Michael had made a joke out of the fact that people had brought a lot of food to them. I don't think he was inappropriate or trying to be funny IMO - I think he was trying to make a point that the community had been incredibly supportive, and he was using the generosity of people bringing food to them as an example. MOO

Last edited:
Ballarat is the third largest city in Victoria, with a population of 117,000.

To me that isn't a tiny country town where not many people live.

Much bigger than where I live and there are always people walking fast for exercise even as early as 6am, don't see many people running or jogging though. Seems to have gone out of fashion a bit.

I never released how weird it was until you pointed it out.

Tracker Jake has said on social media that it’s possible the dog went looking for SM.

Assuming the dog was hit further down Eureka St, Jake provided a map of where he would look.

If she was still alive, she would be near water. If he was there that’s where he would look.

Please note he is a professional and I’m not recommending people go look.

Attachments

• IMG_1702.png
    IMG_1702.png
    286.2 KB · Views: 31
Twice.
- golf course in the morning
- 5 p.m. far from the park
Do you have a link for this information please???

AFAIK Police have not released the time of the ping. And I have never heard of a morning ping ????

Police confirmed her mobile phone did ping at a telecommunications tower 11km from her home.

It is understood a local mobile phone tower registered a ping from Ms Murphy's phone on Sunday, after she disappeared, but police refused to say more about the timing or location of the phone.

The DM has also published this, but I would speculate it came from social media as no exact time was given ….

Her mobile phone later pinged a local cell phone tower around 5pm on Sunday - which can only locate her anywhere within 17km of nearby Buninyong.

This was ten hours after she left home, and is where the trail of clues runs cold.

IMO

Last edited:
You need water to survive more than three days and in the case of Julie Schutt, homeowners noticed that it seemed someone was using their garden tap.

If she is alive she would now need to be where she has access to water.

I think you could probably do without water if you had access to some kinds of fruits that were juicy, like an orchard, or fruit trees in someones backyard. I just think the spring fruiting season is finished now.
I might be wrong. I just know our bats have moved on :)

I do notice this time there is no request from the police for people to look in their sheds etc for her as they do in some
missing person cases,

Last edited:
You need water to survive more than three days and in the case of Julie Schutt, homeowners noticed that it seemed someone was using their garden tap.

If she is alive she would now need to be where she has access to water.

I think you could probably do without water if you had access to some kinds of fruits that were juicy.

. I do notice this time there is no request from the police for people to look in their sheds etc for her as they do in some
missing person cases,
And no warnings to avoid/ exercise caution in the area or just enter the forest in groups. The search was also called off for a reason. IMO police is very certain that SM isn’t in the area and did not fall victim to a random stranger attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79