Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from taking the phone and laptop she was using I imagine the first search centred around the meal and any evidence pertaining to preparing the meal. It would be after interviewing witnesses and receiving tip offs it became clear there were other devices imo

Sole survivor of Erin Patterson's deadly mushroom lunch breaks his silence after his wife died in hospital​

If I misplaced a iPad in the house - it wouldn't turn up in the manhole ceiling of my place. JMO
Or under floorboards/carpet. IMO
Or buried under a plant in the backyard. JMO

Maybe you would stash cash or jewellery in an obscure place - deliberately - possibly?? MOO

But would you have an obscure place for a iPad?? MOO

Misplaced or unaccounted for still would need to make some kind of logical sense of how it would be there? IMO

How would you explain it acccidently ended up under the lemon tree? MOO

Mine once ended up in a storage cube full of summer clothes that I brought back from Mexico, but OK. I can tell you a story of my mom who never had ADD but yet "hid" her passport in a freezer (she was young and had very good memory, it just happened). I think people who are messy and tend to clean by shoving stuff into ...wherever they see first, can end up in such situations. In fact, I believe that there are enough facts about that evening making EP a poi, but I doubt that ipads will be a part of it. If anything, I expect the opposite - she probably is very good with deleting any electronic trails, her Achilles heel will be successfully getting rid of "things" such as paper, dessicator, clothes etc.

Triple J news played a bit of the sermon that Ian Patterson gave on Sunday. Evidently someone in the ABC must have recorded it.

Six months since he lost his wife. His voice was breaking a little when he said it would have been their 45th anniversary.

imo

RSBM
???!!! Do air traffic controllers have paranoid personalities? I never knew that! I shall ever fly again!!

You want the air traffic controller responsible for you to be paranoid.

Air Traffic Controllers Are a Specific Breed
They get edgy when something is out of place.

The FAA exam was a series of questions about airplanes on collision courses. They wanted to know if and where the airplanes would collide. After passing that test, I went back for a psychological exam of an extremely transparent nature. “Does the top of your head feel soft?” “Does it sometimes seem as if everyone is watching you?”

Years later, after I had observed controllers for a while, I realized that the psychological test had not been to weed out psychos, but rather to select a particular kind of psycho. Many controllers have an overinflated sense of order, becoming edgy if something is the tiniest bit out of place. You can see how this would be a good quality in a controller but not necessarily in the average Joe. In fact, I later knew a controller who was convinced that everyone really was watching him. His paranoia extended to threatening visitors who brought cameras to the control tower. His colleagues did their best to get along with his little quirks because he could flush out a backlog of departures faster than anyone.

But why hide them?
What secrets are hidden?

Just throwing out some thoughts.........

Perhaps they weren't hidden per se but were out of sight of the children and maybe because under online personas she had created, she was complaining about the children's father to her online friends, as was shown in a screenshot of a message published by Daily Mail last year.

RSBM
???!!! Do air traffic controllers have paranoid personalities? I never knew that! I shall never fly again!!

I don't know about ATCs. It is a very high-stress job. The pilots I knew had gifted IQ, were rather introverted, obsessive and highly anxious about "what if this happens?" The same type that drives people into "preparedness". At this, extremely humble. I would be not surprised if successful ATCs have the same traits. I'd say, these people are so anxious about stressful situations waiting to happen, that they paradoxically are the calmest and most productive under stress. I think it comes with a good measure of OCD, but if OCD is linked to paranoia, which is possible, then let be it.

Last edited:
Just throwing out some thoughts.........

Perhaps they weren't hidden per se but were out of sight of the children and maybe because under online personas she had created, she was complaining about the children's father to her online friends, as was shown in a screenshot of a message published by Daily Mail last year.

Those are good points you make. Or maybe Erin just forgot to activate “find my phone” on each and every one of those devices…I sort of wonder, did she forget that the GPS locator is still active even after the device is switched off??

Or maybe she just misplaced all of that stuff; as some of us in this thread can attest to, genuinely that does happen, for some people.

All IMO.

Last edited:
Those are good points you make. Or maybe Erin just forgot to activate “find my phone” on each and every one of those devices…I sort of wonder, did she forget that the GPS locator is still active even after the device is switched off??

Or maybe she just misplaced all of that stuff; as some of us in this thread can attest to, genuinely that does happen, for some people.

All IMO.
If police searched my home and storage unit they’d probably come away with a similar haul.

I have a smashed up old iPad that my daughter used as a toddler, that I tell myself I’ll plug in one day to see the old videos on there.Then the android tablet she had next.

There’s maybe 3 or 4 old mobile phones with associated SIM cards. An old laptop with hard drive. A data bank. A French sim card. 6 or so memory sticks with old photos and resources on them.

And that’s before you get to any of our current devices we actually use!

Alma the search dog sounds incredible, though. Wonder if I could train my dog to do something similar. Would be v helpful when I keep losing my phone.

I have many little flash drive sticks, not all are in use.

I came across a few more the other day in my underwear drawer.
They weren't hidden.
It just seemed a handy place to put them where they wouldn't be damaged, unless my underwire bra decided to go wild. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb