FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

I'm a bit confused, can anybody clarify whether the police thought there might be evidence of Donna Sue searching online for updates to the murder, or that there actually was such evidence?

I don't quite understand the question?

@Zedzded

In the probable cause part of the application, I couldn't understand whether the police thought Donna was following the progress of the investigations online, and that was one reason that wanted access to her digital life. Or, did they actually find that she had, in their already completed examination of the phone?

I believe they had data that DA phone was near Charlie’s house the night of the money drop. Charlie, with answers for everything, said that they were just letting him know that they were driving by his house without stopping on the way to Tallahasee, like in the children’s book Goodnight Moon”: “ Goodnight moon, goodnight damp money, goodnight Charlie’s house”.
Charlie stated his parents were passing by. So that is not new info.
Where they left from would be interesting to know and if stopping at Charlies was truly on the way to Orlando ..if they have that info, and Donna didn’t leave from Miami, but left from Coral Springs, then Donna is doomed.

Thank you “Got fin Avruhom”, the intense and sterile debates about the TV conundrum and the fanciful little riddle questioning Wendi Adelson’s route to Dan Markel’s house the day of his murder have finally subsided. Nitpicking these items gives to much attention to unimportant details (for now) that are already discussed ad nauseam in court and elsewhere. (Please, kindly smile).

To the serious present topics relevant to More Justice For Dan Markel, according to Kant (1724 – 1804), reality is perceived in 3 categories. For example, the reality of a murder is perceived as 1) the concept of murder (phenomenal), 2) the murder imagined through the PCA, the attorneys’ arguments and testimonies (phenomenal), and 3) the murder as it actually manifested (noumenal). Therefore, it is necessary to consider these 3 categories, “1) the Conceptual, 2) the Apparent, and 3) the Hidden”, in every step along the way investigating and prosecuting the murder of Dan Markel.

For instance, the dates of Donna Adelson’s jury selection and trial is a reality with 1) Conceptual, 2) Apparent, and 3) Hidden perceptions.

Attorney Rashbaum affirmed that Donna Adelson does not waive her right to a speedy trial, but we knew he was posturing. Conceptually, Fla. R. Crim. P. 3.191 right to speedy trial provides that Donna Adelson’s jury selection and trial should start on Monday, May 6, 2024 at the latest, within 175 days of her Monday, November 13, 2023 arrest pursuant her felony crime charge.

Apparently, the order setting court proceeding dates and procedure in the docket stipulates a trial starting on Monday, September 30, 2024, with jury selection ending on Friday, October 4, 2024 and testimony commencing on Monday, October 7, 2024. Which means 1) Donna Adelson apparently waived her right to a speedy trial, as predicted, 2) perhaps upon implicit continuance request of 148 days from Dan Rashbaum, and 3) in accord to Georgia Cappleman’s agreement.

So, what are the hidden drivers of Donna Adelson’s court proceeding thus far?
Why does Donna Adelson waived her right to a speedy trial, voluntarily enduring additional 148 days of mental torture in the jail she dreaded so much?
What is in this delay for the State?
Those seem to be worthy questions toward More Justice For Dan Markel, IMHO.
So what are the answers to your own question?
Can you share since you seem to be an attorney?

Try double clicking on the upper yellow section of image. I just tried it again and it opened in another tab.

Update_ yes I did it. It didn’t open on my screen but I have it. Thx.
Wow. Makes sense why the trial isn’t in May.

So totally new technology JUST available now?
The timing…this case gets juicier by the minute.
Justice for the Markels..

Last edited:
yup so they are looking to track her movements based on her cell phone location. So that would put her at CA's apartment on the night of the shooting, something CA denied. And DA said she didn't find out about the extortion attempt until much later. So what was she doing at CA's apartment.
Delivering Banana bread…sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

@Zedzded

In the probable cause part of the application, I couldn't understand whether the police thought Donna was following the progress of the investigations online, and that was one reason that wanted access to her digital life. Or, did they actually find that she had, in their already completed examination of the phone?
That part seems to me to be standard boilerplate language to justify the search of cellphone data - they note the fact that criminals often search the internet for information related to their crime in support of their request.

Last edited:
I never heard the “condo” part at trial.
Katie did NOT say this at trial, she only said the money was wet as though it had been washed, and Charlie said his parents had just been there. She did NOT say, at trial, that he TOLD her his parents washed it, at least not as far as I can recall. I don’t recall if she said this in her proffer, I suppose she may have. This language in the affidavit surprised me given her testimony.

Charlie stated his parents were passing by. So that is not new info.
Where they left from would be interesting to know and if stopping at Charlies was truly on the way to Orlando ..if they have that info, and Donna didn’t leave from Miami, but left from Coral Springs, then Donna is doomed.
Wendi in her police interview says that the parents had been spending weekends at a place in Miami Beach that Charlie got them. She says that since it is Friday, this is where they would be. My personal opinion is they left from Miami, stopping at Charlie’s on the way. Regardless, cell phone records at Charlie’s trial place them near his house on the night of the murder, after Wendi called them and BEFORE cell records show that Katie came over (which is when he claims she extorted him). There was a text presented at trial from Donna that night to Charlie saying “outside your house.” He had no explanation for that at trial other than that they happened to be on the highway and so she texted him they were passing his house. For me, this is enough to show that Donna most likely dropped off the money, regardless of where she was coming from, though I believe she was coming from Miami. (For what it’s worth, I believe Wendi and the kids moved into the Miami Beach condo after the murder and lived there until she got her own place.)

I'm a bit confused, can anybody clarify whether the police thought there might be evidence of Donna Sue searching online for updates to the murder, or that there actually was such evidence?
I read it as they thought there might be evidence of it. From the bottom of page 4 to the middle of page 6 Inv. Newlin is discussing his general experiences in criminal investigations and what often happens with criminal suspects. I see nothing specific about what they actually found re Donna. JMO.

So what are the answers to your own question?
Can you share since you seem to be an attorney?
It’s pretty common, in my experience, for defendants to request a speedy trial but ultimately the trial is set later, owing to various factors such as the amount of preparation time needed, the need for discovery, or where there is space on the calendar. If you don’t raise the speedy trial issue early on, it is waived, so most defense attorneys ask for it as a matter of course in order to put pressure on the state and to preserve their constitutional right.

In this case, what happened could be simply that one or both parties wasn’t ready to proceed, or that there wasn’t an opening earlier than the September date. I am not surprised by this at all. I don’t believe that this constitutes a formal decision to “waive” the right to a speedy trial, (as would be the case if it were never raised at all), nor do I believe that Donna has abandoned her wish to get out of there as fast as possible. Going to trial in such a short time as provided by statute is often just not possible.

yup so they are looking to track her movements based on her cell phone location. So that would put her at CA's apartment on the night of the shooting, something CA denied. And DA said she didn't find out about the extortion attempt until much later. So what was she doing at CA's apartment.

Dropping off freshly laundered moist stapled cash. It will be good to confirm that with location data.

The paragraph I snipped was worded rather awkwardly and I wasn't sure that's what it was actually saying? Also it is referring to her location data in the weeks after the bump.

So yeah in order to prove that she was in fact a conspirator they will need her location data to compare with CA, KM, SG, and LR phones for both the day / night of the shooting and in the weeks following the bump. She was overtly sus on the post bump wiretaps talking to CA.

Also interesting that they want DA data from June 2012 to present. Whose idea was it really?

Attachments

• Screenshots_2024-02-22-19-08-48.png
    Screenshots_2024-02-22-19-08-48.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Katie did NOT say this at trial, she only said the money was wet as though it had been washed, and Charlie said his parents had just been there. She did NOT say, at trial, that he TOLD her his parents washed it, at least not as far as I can recall. I don’t recall if she said this in her proffer, I suppose she may have. This language in the affidavit surprised me given her testimony.
Right because I’m thinking if they left from the Coral Springs home, Charlie's house would not be on the way-it would be out of the way. Corbitt has not given us the cell location where that call was made.
I am SURE they have it and hopefully the reason they haven’t given it is for this reason.
“People int he know” say it was confirmed that they left from S Beach.
Not sure how anyone would know this for sure unless they have direct access to the states evidence.

I do see they state that they left from the condo. But who told them that?

Dropping off freshly laundered moist stapled cash. It will be good to confirm that with location data.

The paragraph I snipped was worded rather awkwardly and I wasn't sure that's what it was actually saying? Also it is referring to her location data in the weeks after the bump.

So yeah in order to prove that she was in fact a conspirator they will need her location data to compare with CA, KM, SG, and LR phones for both the day / night of the shooting and in the weeks following the bump. She was overtly sus on the post bump wiretaps talking to CA.

Also interesting that they want DA data from June 2012 to present. Whose idea was it really?
The phone location at the time of the drop off, has to be kept secret until DA’s trial. It was too important to reveal at CA’s trial.
She is in hot water if she left from the family home.
I’d think since Wendi admitted she went from Tallahassee to the family home, even though it was Friday, and her parents may have usually been at the S Beach Condo, they were at home before the $ drop. And if so, they would not be passing Charlies house by any stretch of the imagination!
Do a map search.

Last edited:
Wendi in her police interview says that the parents had been spending weekends at a place in Miami Beach that Charlie got them. She says that since it is Friday, this is where they would be. My personal opinion is they left from Miami, stopping at Charlie’s on the way. Regardless, cell phone records at Charlie’s trial place them near his house on the night of the murder, after Wendi called them and BEFORE cell records show that Katie came over (which is when he claims she extorted him). There was a text presented at trial from Donna that night to Charlie saying “outside your house.” He had no explanation for that at trial other than that they happened to be on the highway and so she texted him they were passing his house. For me, this is enough to show that Donna most likely dropped off the money, regardless of where she was coming from, though I believe she was coming from Miami. (For what it’s worth, I believe Wendi and the kids moved into the Miami Beach condo after the murder and lived there until she got her own place.)
Right. Definitely implicates a $ drop.
Remember, Wendi and boys landed in Coral Springs not Miami.
Harvey worked M-W during the week and I’d think on such an important day, they would both be readying the house for the boys and Wendi.
And Im assuming Harvey took the week off.

Also interesting is that W made it a point to say “I drove back with the boys on the 13th”.
So did she really have her own car in S Beach the two weeks she spent with her parents?
Or did they drive her down with their car, and did Harvey drive her back with the boys the 13th and stay up there the week of the murder?
How about those hotels (not the Monroe ones)?
Just thinking things through-I don’t have evidence for this of course!

It’s pretty common, in my experience, for defendants to request a speedy trial but ultimately the trial is set later, owing to various factors such as the amount of preparation time needed, the need for discovery, or where there is space on the calendar. If you don’t raise the speedy trial issue early on, it is waived, so most defense attorneys ask for it as a matter of course in order to put pressure on the state and to preserve their constitutional right.

In this case, what happened could be simply that one or both parties wasn’t ready to proceed, or that there wasn’t an opening earlier than the September date. I am not surprised by this at all. I don’t believe that this constitutes a formal decision to “waive” the right to a speedy trial, (as would be the case if it were never raised at all), nor do I believe that Donna has abandoned her wish to get out of there as fast as possible. Going to trial in such a short time as provided by statute is often just not possible.
Well, I wrote that before seeing the new search warrant for DA’s phone.
Now it makes sense.

Right because I’m thinking if they left from the Coral Springs home, Charlie's house would not be on the way-it would be out of the way. Corbitt has not given us the cell location where that call was made.
I am SURE they have it and hopefully the reason they haven’t given it is for this reason.
“People int he know” say it was confirmed that they left from S Beach.
Not sure how anyone would know this for sure unless they have direct access to the states evidence.

I do see they state that they left from the condo. But who told them that?
Couple of guesses/possibilities: The next door neighbor? Maybe they had to get gas for the long trip and their is a gasoline credit card charge documenting location? (Hawvey you gas up the car, I'll wash the money?) The condo has an electronic lock/monitoring system/gate for cars entering the underground parking area? Maybe the black Lexus (HA's) had a GPS computer system that can account for every mile, location and history of searches? (Wow, now that is a possibility since SigGar was arrested while using the vehicle and deep search done on it...I'm getting the feeling "data never really disappears" hmmm)
Any other forms of documenting location?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuznFinder
Back