Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

I’d say that RB’s acting will be taken up a notch after this. He’ll be sitting in his wheelchair pretending that he’s lost the ability to speak when the police come to interview him. I hope they catch him out.
They dont particularly need him going forth into the investigation. They know he lies anyway so his bumblings arent going to stop the proof of evidence they dig up.
He has lied all through the inquest so they dont need to rip his toenails off for him to squeal.
They now have, with the strong wording by the Coroner to act, all the doors open and the Police Commissioner and the NSW police, after their 1997 horrendous role into Marions disappearance, will be doing everything they can to right this wrong and get to the bottom of his crimes.

Please also let that be in regards to Diane! Her role in all of this and her perjury for 2 days on the stand.

They dont particularly need him going forth into the investigation. They know he lies anyway so his bumblings arent going to stop the proof of evidence they dig up.
He has lied all through the inquest so they dont need to rip his toenails off for him to squeal.
They now have, with the strong wording by the Coroner to act, all the doors open and the Police Commissioner and the NSW police, after their 1997 horrendous role into Marions disappearance, will be doing everything they can to right this wrong and get to the bottom of his crimes.

Please also let that be in regards to Diane! Her role in all of this and her perjury for 2 days on the stand.
100%. Hopefully Interpol will be on the case too.

Why has News Corpse, The Age and SMH, 7 and SBS websites failed to report on this morning's findings? They've had 3 hours.

ABC and 9 have managed to report on their websites
I went to Lidcombe this morning for the handing down of the findings and that was my first thought. There was only a very small media presence outside the building. No wonder the traditional media is losing ground. They are just like the systems and authorities that were in place at the time of Marion’s disappearance. Disgraceful. I’m planning to cancel some of my subscriptions.

I went to Lidcombe this morning for the handing down of the findings and that was my first thought. There was only a very small media presence outside the building. No wonder the traditional media is losing ground. They are just like the systems and authorities that were in place at the time of Marion’s disappearance. Disgraceful. I’m planning to cancel some of my subscriptions.
So disappointing. It really does seem the media doesn't care about this case anymore

AKA is being represented by a male by the name of “White”. I did quick google and LinkedIn searches and there are quite a few barristers with this name in NSW & QLD. Does anyone have any idea which specific barrister this might be?

On a side note, in the courtroom this morning prior to the start of the YouTube recording, prior to the entry of Magistrate O’Sullivan and while the online representatives were establishing connections, Mr White was announced as representing AKA. There was a bit of background noise and then a loud “woof, woof, woof, woof” came down the line. I wonder if this was the equivalent of the F-bomb in dog language…

With a $500,000 reward, I'd imagine plenty of people who've known Mr AKA over the years are racking their memories for clues.

Also, it's a large enough amount to make it worth for a family member to betray him and share any secrets they're keeping.
We can only hope!!! I loved the way Teressa O'Sullivan pushed this. I also really admired the way she worded and delivered her findings. So clear and so compassionate . I really hope it was what Sally was hoping for .

I have listened to the Coroner's findings today, many times. I have also, quietly, read your responses on here over the past year or so. I have also replayed the inquest proceedings over and over.

MOO - you lot have played a huge part to today's findings. Sally is a living testament to her beloved mum, Marion. And Sally's Counsel (sp?) throughout the Inquest has done a truly brilliant job. To hear that the Coroner accepted 6 out of the 11 submissions from the "family' bought me to tears. I cried.

To hear that RB was found to be truly unbelievable, the NSW cops through out 1997 to 2019 were accountable to Marion still being classed as 'missing' and her case still being unsolved, was incredible. More tears.

To surmise now that the doors have been opened for Sally to fully investigate and understand what has happened to beautiful mum Marion, lends out a huge sigh from me.

I don't want to post anything like this on Sally's FB pages or instagram account because I think it's too soon, and she needs her space. By posting this on here, I know that you all will get this to some degree. You understand! I will continue to read all of your musings, your theories etc as it helps me to understand what the hell has been goin on. LOL. Life is truly stranger than fiction.

Cheers to you all, and for most of all, Sally

Some of this I hadn't heard before. Where he abandoned his business partners and took off.

The Coroner also indicated that Aka & Marion were together at some point in the UK. This really should involve UK Police now and not expect poor Sally to come thousands of miles to knock on their doors offering her DNA.

It seems almost certain that Aka & Marion were together in Tunbridge Wells and in my view that should become the main focus of any UK investigation. As I’ve indicated before the former Swan Hotel in The Pantiles was the most likeliest they would have stayed if arriving at Tunbridge Wells Train Station. Marion was clearly in and around that area of the town. She even mentions a very nearby school to The Pantiles in her first letter home.

No full findings uploaded on the Coroner's website yet, but here's the link to bookmark, preloaded with the search terms:

The Coroner also indicated that Aka & Marion were together at some point in the UK. This really should involve UK Police now and not expect poor Sally to come thousands of miles to knock on their doors offering her DNA.

It seems almost certain that Aka & Marion were together in Tunbridge Wells and in my view that should become the main focus of any UK investigation. As I’ve indicated before the former Swan Hotel in The Pantiles was the most likeliest they would have stayed if arriving at Tunbridge Wells Train Station. Marion was clearly in and around that area of the town. She even mentions a very nearby school to The Pantiles in her first letter home.
SL can now also do a SAR for any information held on MB by UK immigration authorities. I sent her the information a while ago, and she acknowledged it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasgrl
Back