Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coroner can not attribute blame or accuse anyone or suggest anyone is liable - she can only go on what was presented at the inquest and her recommendations were in relation to that.
It isn't up to her to find him guilty of anything - she has opened the doors though to allow an investigation to happen and that he is part of that investigation. She did say he was unreliable and demonstrated a tendency to exploit vulnerable women and Marion.
Marions last documented evidence was of a withdrawal from her account in October - that was what was presented at the inquest - there was nothing else presented to suggest life after that time -
The coroner has to go with that - it doesnt mean she believes MB "herself" withdrew that last amount - it means that was the evidence presented to the court - her account was used - so figuratively speaking, that was Marion.
Yes, I thought she went as far as she possibly could. Trying not to paraphrase but the inference was that AH knows more about her disappearance than he divulged, that MB is sadly deceased and that it should be investigated as a homicide. It doesn’t take much of a leap from there. IMO.

I think he may not be as agile as he once was.

Perhaps long gone are the days when he could do a dash from a house complete with his victims goods, or hop on the nearest plane to wherever.

I hope there's no chance another country might apply for extradition on maybe fraud charges.
Let’s hope so.

IMO he has at various times gone around visiting his money in Luxembourg, Netherlands, Bali etc. Maybe it’s used to keep a couple of people silent. Increasingly it would be harder to transfer overseas $$ to Australia in any way which represents work or inheritance. My guess is there is a lot of money in Australia in shell companies which own many properties.

And I still feel Nymboida figures in here somewhere but that is just my own internal flag.

Agree with @mishy66 that the way in which the Coroner ended the inquest put the glaring and obvious spotlight where it should be, on Marion and Sally. That spoke volumes to me in terms of where her sympathies lie. -- And by saying that RB did not utter a single word that could be trusted, the implication is that he is not only a liar but guilty, guilty, guilty. The Coroner's graceful delivery made clear much more than what she said in direct words, imo.

I’m just waiting for the news report that RB has been arrested for questioning over XYZ (could be perjury, suspected fraud, or the ultimate - homicide) and is in custody.
The homicide Det Insp was there today in the court so I have no doubt there is keen interest…
Also the Coroner making that recommendation direct to the Commissioner of Police… I don’t think that’ll be taken lightly. She (Commissioner) won’t want to step a foot out of line particularly given she’s been a big focus in media this week. She will want to keep that accountability to the Coroner and the Australian public. We just need to keep the pressure on.

RIP Marion.

Agree with @mishy66 that the way in which the Coroner ended the inquest put the glaring and obvious spotlight where it should be, on Marion and Sally. That spoke volumes to me in terms of where her sympathies lie. -- And by saying that RB did not utter a single word that could be trusted, the implication is that he is not only a liar but guilty, guilty, guilty. The Coroner's graceful delivery made clear much more than what she said in direct words, imo.
Also her respectful and significant look at who I think was Sally as she confirmed her finding that Marion was deceased

27 years.... I have been reflecting upon Sally's journey over this time and can not even begin to imagine what this would have been like for her. It amazes me how she has been able to turn her grief into determination and has never given up despite all of the doors that were shut in her face along the way.
So many lessons to be learned from this courageous woman and I believe she is worthy of an OAM due to how she has conducted herself during this whole process. The knowledge and the skills that she has gained over the years are such a valuable asset to others who are experiencing concerns for missing loved ones.
Like many others, I hope there is a civil claim taken out against the NSW Police as how Marion's disappearance was handled is appalling.
Sally will now be able to gain access to Marion's Superannuation which I am positive she would much prefer that her mum was utilizing in retirement!

side note: thinking about Sally... I've been binge watching a Netflix show from US TV, Cold Case Files. In almost every episode, the cold case is solved 20,30,40 or more years later because a WOMAN pushed and nagged. Daughters, mothers, sisters forcing LE to keep working. Today Teresa O'Sullivan commended that superhuman effort. Marion would be so proud.

NSW coroner says missing mother Marion Barter is dead after lengthy inquest​

Ms Barter's daughter Sally Leydon and around 50 supporters attended the Coroners Court in Lidcombe to hear the findings.
They wore various shades of green in tribute to Ms Barter.

Sally will now be able to gain access to Marion's Superannuation which I am positive she would much prefer that her mum was utilizing in retirement!
And…..we must not forget that "someone else" has, for many years, benefited by taking Marion's money (from the sale of her house, savings and from the sale of her stolen property), for their own/family's pleasures. Unfortunately, IMO, Sally will never see this money which is rightfully hers.

Given RBs age, it’s reasonable to assume he’ll end up in permanent aged care at some point. Perhaps in and out of hospital first. All those vulnerable patients and residents (and staff) seriously need protection from him. Fingers crossed he’s taken off the street. He’s a danger to society. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93