Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Lidcombe this morning for the handing down of the findings and that was my first thought. There was only a very small media presence outside the building. No wonder the traditional media is losing ground. They are just like the systems and authorities that were in place at the time of Marion’s disappearance. Disgraceful. I’m planning to cancel some of my subscriptions.
There have been issues with the contract of ‘ownership’ of the story and case which I think may have expired in the past few days.

I want to thank you all so so much for giving us middle-of-the-night & work-all-day-today Europeans a good & compassionate update all trough the day & night. I was able to take a peek on here every possible moment & didn’t have to wait till now to watch the verdict.

You guys really made my day! Thanks!!

Thank you so much for your hard work in pushing this case and finding more on this monster who called Australia his safe haven! Please keep going! Marion deserves to be heard as does all of his victims! And we as Australian citizens need to be told the truths of such a monster so that it may go a long way to help other victims caught up in romance manipulation scams!

Thankyou for your efforts @DerZuschauer !

The Coroner also indicated that Aka & Marion were together at some point in the UK. This really should involve UK Police now and not expect poor Sally to come thousands of miles to knock on their doors offering her DNA.

It seems almost certain that Aka & Marion were together in Tunbridge Wells and in my view that should become the main focus of any UK investigation. As I’ve indicated before the former Swan Hotel in The Pantiles was the most likeliest they would have stayed if arriving at Tunbridge Wells Train Station. Marion was clearly in and around that area of the town. She even mentions a very nearby school to The Pantiles in her first letter home.
Yes 100% they need to become involved and hopefully that is happening - I do know some aspect of them are if that makes sense....

"The coroner said the police decision was “incorrect” and had a “serious impact” on the availability of evidence in the case.
She noted there had been “resistance in this inquest by NSW Police to accept the inadequacies of the initial investigation”, which she found “difficult to understand”.

HOPEFULLY that will put to bed ANY person who came forward and disputed that it was NOT the police's fault in this case and that, as most of us all know, SOME of NSW police attached to the BB police station during the 1990's were corrupt and inept at their job!

Although the police work up until recently has been shoddy. As a nobody observer without any inside connection, I’ve been very impressed by the Coroner and her team. I hope this is the standard from here on out and we see charges against Blum very soon. What a piece of work he is.

Some of this I hadn't heard before. Where he abandoned his business partners and took off.
It was in the reports that SL and Lux journos put up -
"An extraordinary company meeting was held at Knokke Graafjansdyk 162 at which, Frederick DeHedervary resigned and was replaced by Georges Peters"
Knokke Graafjandyk 162 is the address of the Knokke General Hospital.

"The coroner said the police decision was “incorrect” and had a “serious impact” on the availability of evidence in the case.
She noted there had been “resistance in this inquest by NSW Police to accept the inadequacies of the initial investigation”, which she found “difficult to understand”.

HOPEFULLY that will put to bed ANY person who came forward and disputed that it was NOT the police's fault in this case and that, as most of us all know, SOME of NSW police attached to the BB police station during the 1990's were corrupt and inept at their job!

She is presiding over another recent inquest here, handled by the same station, that occurred in 2021. (Found Deceased - Australia - Jackson Stacker, 26, Sleepy Hollow, 25 Aug 2021).
The results are consistent, and the officers involved took “stress leave” to avoid appearing to give evidence.
I’m so grateful as a coroner she’s getting a great complete picture of the performance and culture in our stations.
I hope she can recommend a review and audit of Byron station specifically.

She is presiding over another recent inquest here, handled by the same station, that occurred in 2021. (Found Deceased - Australia - Jackson Stacker, 26, Sleepy Hollow, 25 Aug 2021).
The results are consistent, and the officers involved took “stress leave” to avoid appearing to give evidence.
I’m so grateful as a coroner she’s getting a great complete picture of the performance and culture in our stations.
I hope she can recommend a review and audit of Byron station specifically.
yes!

The WHOLE of BB police need investigating.

Ms O’Sullivan said she did not accept any evidence given by Mr Blum, who she believed was withholding key information and had represented himself to “single, vulnerable women for financial gain”.

“His lies and deception throughout this inquest convinces me that he does indeed know more than he’s saying,” she said.

Ms O’Sullivan has referred the case to the NSW Police unsolved homicide team for review.

A teary Ms Leydon hugged supporters after the findings were delivered, telling them: “We’ll get him eventually.”

THEY SURE WILL! Every single piece of the pie will be put together now and the results will be for all to see. NO MORE hiding deH family!

No full findings uploaded on the Coroner's website yet, but here's the link to bookmark, preloaded with the search terms:

Will also be on the sallyleydon.com website.

There have been issues with the contract of ‘ownership’ of the story and case which I think may have expired in the past few days.
Wow I have no idea how the media works behind the scenes. Would you be able to elaborate? Thank you.

How can a story like this be owned by selected media outlets? The inquest has been open to the public and surely is a matter of great public interest.

Wow I have no idea how the media works behind the scenes. Would you be able to elaborate? Thank you.

How can a story like this be owned by selected media outlets? The inquest has been open to the public and surely is a matter of great public interest.
Yeh, you’d assume SL owns her own story? Although if I was in her shoes I’d probably have signed anything (at the time) to get my Mums story out there. Given the police weren’t doing their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93