Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents not being notified until the evening is really shocking to me. My mom always got a robot call within an hour after roll call (so between 8 AM to 9 AM) if one of us wasn't counted at school. I know this because I heard the calls when kept home sick or on the road to an appointment.

This happened my senior year of HS: a teacher in Tennessee groomed a student for months before coercing her into going with him (aka kidnapping her). They were on the run, and she was technically missing, for over a month. I was following this case because it occurred relatively close to me. I checked on her every day, but I was just sure that he had or would kill her. I was at a rehearsal when they caught them. I also remember this quite well.

Couple days ago I suggested or made a statement hoping that she was still alive and being stored somewhere (while rare, this does happen). Someone took issue with this. Please trust me when I say this "new user" is as jaded and cynical as they come with things like this (and in general) but at the time I was merely speculating that it was possible Madeline is/was being hidden out somewhere because I remember these cases. I've always believed she is no longer alive, and after reading that affidavit I am even more sure of this. I also don't believe this is Stern's "first rodeo" so to speak. I think there will be another (surviving) victim to speak out like with Don McDougal.
I remember that case well.

I started to say we bring back the death penalty. But they have it in Florida. But, oftentimes it is not on the table. In the interest of getting the cooperation of the perp, they will offer them a lesser sentence. If they can't find Madeline's body, they will have a hard time with this one. I hope they will go ahead with considering that she was murdered by him and proceed to trial. I believe that she was going to spill the beans and he knew it. (IMO)
It’s early yet, and I’m convinced her body will be found at some point. He’s already looking at decades in prison, and God knows what else they’re going to find on his devices.

Mother stated that but also stated that she hadn't seen it, nobody had seen it. Police said they couldn't confirm it was her in their presser. My opinion is that she did not walk into the woods under her power - if indeed she is in the woods.
I don't have opinion on whether or not the suspect actually dropped her off or not, but the mother said her sister was at the location and they "let her know what was on camera". The information was very specific about her walking across the street to the church, hanging out, sitting down, getting up and walking toward the school. It's possible they even see the suspect's vehicle stopping at the drop off. I don't know if it's verified or not, but the point is, the suspect could still be the only one responsible for her disappearance, whether he dropped her off or not, by meeting with her at another location. And the "living in the woods" words may be his doing, himself or by manipulation, part of a plan that was sometime in the making.

Parents not being notified until the evening is really shocking to me. My mom always got a robot call within an hour after roll call (so between 8 AM to 9 AM) if one of us wasn't counted at school. I know this because I heard the calls when kept home sick or on the road to an appointment.

This happened my senior year of HS: a teacher in Tennessee groomed a student for months before coercing her into going with him (aka kidnapping her). They were on the run, and she was technically missing, for over a month. I was following this case because it occurred relatively close to me. I checked on her every day, but I was just sure that he had or would kill her. I was at a rehearsal when they caught them. I also remember this quite well.

Couple days ago I suggested or made a statement hoping that she was still alive and being stored somewhere (while rare, this does happen). Someone took issue with this. Please trust me when I say this "new user" is as jaded and cynical as they come with things like this (and in general) but at the time I was merely speculating that it was possible Madeline is/was being hidden out somewhere because I remember these cases. I've always believed she is no longer alive, and after reading that affidavit I am even more sure of this. I also don't believe this is Stern's "first rodeo" so to speak. I think there will be another (surviving) victim to speak out like with Don McDougal.
I remember the teacher abduction, but had never heard about the case in Minnesota....What a horrible story.... at least there was a child saved by the wonderful LE team....

I repeat what was said earlier: if it was done after she was found out to be missing - she really might even be alive. If it was done before she was found out to be missing - I don't think there's any hope left. LE has never said the time. If it was 01:00 AM, it is very bad. If it was around 8-9 AM, it is bad. If it was whenever he could have found out about her being missing, there is hope. I know it's small, but I cling to it.

Honestly, this is one of my worries. There have been quite some examples of sexual abuse survivors who killed themselves because everyone knew - and usually these people have been with their family support and not on the (inter)national media.
I am conflicted, on the one side I feel like I want to ban all reporting on all sexual abuse for the survivor's sake, on the other hand I feel like the stigma itself should be overcome and it should be talked about more.

It's easy to say "overcome", though, but if there are written stories of yourself being penetrated and whatnot on the internet... Yes, I would not react kindly to be told to "overcome the stigma".

I know it's really unlikely she is alive, but I do hope that she is. There's therapy, meds, changing names, moving states or countries. She is just a kid. There will be new news and the story will drown. Man, I pray she is alive.

Edit: I still think the "when I am 13" part is odd. And I don't really think they were sent by the abuser, though it is possible. It really sounds like something a kid would say because someone else said something about the age of 13. What something? What changes at 13?

Also, have her teachers been talking about her? Long-time abuse cases are always hard on teachers - the what if's etc.
I'd like to know to whom she made the comment, and when. If it was made on or after Dec 30/23 - which I *think* was a date noted in the arrest warrant regarding images / videos on monster's phone -- then that may explain why she'd have made the remark.

Looks like they are looking for video or witnesses who saw SS or Madeline around the time of the disappearance. They have an image of his vehicle and a license plate number they will be putting out. Apparently he had a flat tire and was forced to change it at some point.

In addition, this is exactly what a murder investigation looks like, despite law enforcement not saying that’s what it is. I think they’re analyzing footage and his phone records in order to locate her body.
I don't think she ran off either at this point. I think he killed her. Whether or not he had help, no idea. But she didn't just run away. He was a horrible monster and she was never going to be safe in his company.

Presser notes:

Have not found Madeline.

Detectives met with mother last night, told her that they are now confident she is dead.

Never dropped off on morning of Feb 26. Already dead at the time and moved her in the early morning hours that day.

Video evidence of him dumping evidence in a dumpster that morning.

Recovered laptop and backpack.

Madeline visible dead in vehicle.

Kissimmee now has the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics