TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

Replying to my own post!

Just as an aside, even Wikipedia quotes the same article that classes were to be held indoors due to rain and lists it as fact. One huge benefit of this site, is the determination to discuss only facts. If you have ever been the subject of a news story, reporters often get “facts” wrong in spite of their best efforts. If you look at all photos on SM, every photo of her classes is outside, in all weather. I guess people just can’t imagine the fun of a group exercise class outdoors in the rain! :)
MOO, Wikipedia and Missy’s own SM

It doesn't matter though where the campers were going to be. The rainy vs dry conditions or being outdoors vs indoors is a moot point.

It only mattered where Missy would be and when. Missy entered the Church alone while the intruder was inside. She arrived ten minutes before campers arrived. Missy was dead when the first camper arrived. Hence, it doesn't matter where the campers would be working out because, IMO, Missy was the intended target.

I believe the oldest one was 14, but I will double check that.

I asked about this angle before, but it was misinterpreted into thinking I was accusing Missy of being neglective.
I certainly didn't mean to imply that leaving the kids alone was neglectful. In my day it was totally normal for tweens to be home alone and for 13/14 year old teens to babysit.

I don't recall hearing anything about anyone (relative, etc.) being at their house so I'm guessing they were old enough to be left alone. In ordinary circumstances they probably wouldn't even wake before their mom got home from teaching a 5 a.m. class.

Can you find a source for any of her daughters going to a 4:30 AM class? More often than not?
Yes, I had never heard anything about the kids going to class (but am open to being corrected). I think it would be very difficult to get teens/tweens up at 4:00 a.m. to go to a fitness class in which they weren't even participating.

My personal suspicion is that she was targeted by someone who wanted to make sure the kids were not exposed to the crime or crime scene and therefore chose the pre-class time on purpose, as opposed to breaking into her house or accosting her in a public place while she was out running errands. But I think that would require only a general knowledge of her habits and class schedule. I don't think it required a specific phone call that night.

It's possible for 8 years that I've missed these fact based posts of yours.

This is precisely why I believe Missy was assaulted in the Western Hallway as the killer was lurking behind the doors to the auditorium for the moment of their purpose.

I think the Porte Cochere would be too rainy, windy and just too wet but that's beside the point. The Killer had to know Missy would enter the building and where she'd go and what she'd most likely do.

Images are from a personal visit in 2016
View attachment 487828
View attachment 487829
It looks like a recording device is mounted at the right side above the doors
Very well put!

Some people think she wasn’t targeted because of the small window of time.

To that I say, it sure seems like this person who had allegedly had no intentions of hurting anyone sure seems to have a super quick and undetectable getaway in that small time window.

These classes are not the property of or arranged by Missy, she is one of many trainers and the class info is on the company's website.
That is a very different business model that what has been posted earlier.

In earlier posts, the company was organized as a franchise. As a result, Missy, though perhaps not owning the class and marketing concepts per se, operated it independently as a long term form of lease.

Likewise Missy as the franchise owner, Missy was presented as the trainer for that particular class. Missy was then free to grow her franchise as best as she could. In doing that, she could arrange for the most optimal class location that she could.

In the end, I think the franchise model is correct. Likewise, as far as possible motives go, my guess is that most people would view Missy as the owner of that particular camp- though she might not of been in the technical sense.

That is a very different business model that what has been posted earlier.

In earlier posts, the company was organized as a franchise. As a result, Missy, though perhaps not owning the class and marketing concepts per se, operated it independently as a long term form of lease.

Likewise Missy as the franchise owner, Missy was presented as the trainer for that particular class. Missy was then free to grow her franchise as best as she could. In doing that, she could arrange for the most optimal class location that she could.

In the end, I think the franchise model is correct. Likewise, as far as possible motives go, my guess is that most people would view Missy as the owner of that particular camp- though she might not of been in the technical sense.

Could Camp Gladiator as a whole be considered MLM?

Sounds a heck of a lot like an MLM scheme….

I've stated this before but it would be so incredibly coincidental that a cosplayer would pick that very church, in that early hour, in torrential rain, where a 5am exercise class happened to be held, and this person has weapons and is capable of and commits murder versus running off (especially since they were in a disguise). If they were cosplaying and ran off, I doubt police would have pursued the case beyond a certain point of time. Now that they committed murder, it's an active and open case. I'm not saying it cannot be a cosplayer but wow, what an ill-fated coincidental sequence of events if so. Also, my understanding is this would have been the perp's first cosplay location in that area. I haven't heard of this person cosplaying anywhere else before or after.

ETA: and this church has no alarm system

Last edited:
I wonder if you could link the above. You sound very certain with the workings of Camp Gladiator and with the habits of MB. Maybe you are a Verified Insider. Or a friend of the family?
I wish I could super-duper like this.

Camp Gladiator. Trainers are Independent Contractors.
@lonewanderer

FWIW, from campgladiator.com
https://campgladiator.com/trainers/become-a-trainer
Q. "Are your Trainers and Nutrition Coaches independent contractors?"
A. "Yes, our Trainers and Coaches are 1099 independent contractors. This structure allows Trainers and Coaches to build their own community within CG’s well-known brand and network of members while receiving support for business insurance, marketing, technology, billing, and customer service."

FYI, FWIW
@NoSpoonFeeding
@Cryptic

Last edited:

@lonewanderer

A. "Yes, our Trainers and Coaches are 1099 independent contractors. This structure allows Trainers and Coaches to build their own community within CG’s well-known brand and network of members while receiving support for business insurance, marketing, technology, billing, and customer service."

FYI, FWIW
@NoSpoonFeeding
@Cryptic
Eeek….not sure if that helps or hurts my thoughts on this

I certainly didn't mean to imply that leaving the kids alone was neglectful. In my day it was totally normal for tweens to be home alone and for 13/14 year old teens to babysit.

I don't recall hearing anything about anyone (relative, etc.) being at their house so I'm guessing they were old enough to be left alone. In ordinary circumstances they probably wouldn't even wake before their mom got home from teaching a 5 a.m. class.

Yes, I had never heard anything about the kids going to class (but am open to being corrected). I think it would be very difficult to get teens/tweens up at 4:00 a.m. to go to a fitness class in which they weren't even participating.

My personal suspicion is that she was targeted by someone who wanted to make sure the kids were not exposed to the crime or crime scene and therefore chose the pre-class time on purpose, as opposed to breaking into her house or accosting her in a public place while she was out running errands. But I think that would require only a general knowledge of her habits and class schedule. I don't think it required a specific phone call that night.
I did not think you were implying that, just to be clear.

I also had the question of who was watching the kids and I was basically berated and accused of calling Missy a bad mother.

I fully agree with your assessment, the difficulty of getting female tweens and teens to make up their minds and go or not go at 4am.

I also agree someone verified that to make sure the girls weren't going to be there. I think I know who this person is, and it would not have set off any alarms at all to text Missy around 4 and ask if they girls needed anything, "did (enter a name) wind up going with you? I know things change last minute, just let me know if you need anything, I am right up the road!" This especially makes me think the killer was verifying the girls coming or not, and adds merit to the idea that Missy may have been communicating with her killer that morning.

Can you find a source for any of her daughters going to a 4:30 AM class? More often than not?
Since there is nothing to say a daughter ever or regularly went to a 4:30 AM class, why would you think there was a special reason or cause for her not to show up at every class, when she was never expected to be there in the first place?
Thank you! I have a source in the opposite direction—True Crime Garage—that states that none of Missys daughters ever, even once, attended the early morning class.

I do not understand why this idea of them attending the early class is so pervasive in these threads, it was not a thing that happened!

Thank you! I have a source in the opposite direction—True Crime Garage—that states that none of Missys daughters ever, even once, attended the early morning class.

I do not understand why this idea of them attending the early class is so pervasive in these threads, it was not a thing that happened!

It’s the possibility that counts. If there was any chance at all that the girls could be hurt, it could be confirmed by a close family member without setting off any alarms at all.

I just don't see how the timeline for this theory is logical for any killer to plan. A forced entry and the burglar supposedly knows that people are due to arrive at 4:30 AM. He could know the class time and location, he would not know to the minute, what time Missy would arrive or have any idea when others were arriving.
I find it hard to believe that the murderer watched a number of early morning classes and became convinced that he could accurately predict everyone's'' arrival time. It might not even be the same people showing up each time.
No one could have orchestrated Missy and the "campers" to leave their houses at the exact time necessary for this plan to work. It could have only been an incredibly lucky morning for the murderer that got away.

@lonewanderer

FYI, FWIW
@NoSpoonFeeding
@Cryptic
I don't think this has anything to do with Missy's murder, but Missy work is nothing like the other scams mentioned.

Camp Gladiator treating the trainers as 1099 independent contractors saves them money (no benefits) and allows the trainers to pick up as many or as few of the exercise classes they want to do. They aren't salaried. It simply means that the trainers are responsible for filing the earnings on a 1099 form to report income on their tax returns.

There is a flat rate cost to go the workouts, any of them and as many as you want, which you pay for on the company website. I have no idea what the incentive structure is for trainers to get people to become paying members after they get the "free sessions".

Camp Gladiator Nutrition is a separate membership. The meal planning aspect is what the "coaches/trainers" do and that appears to be a money-making opportunity for the trainers.

It’s the possibility that counts. If there was any chance at all that the girls could be hurt, it could be confirmed by a close family member without setting off any alarms at all.
I also had the question of who was watching the kids and I was basically berated and accused of calling Missy a bad mother.
I recall that you didn't realize the age of the children when you said Missy would have needed a babysitter, as in Brandon's sister, to watch the children when Missy left for her class. I don't think anyone berated you for not knowing the children were old enough not to need a babysitter, or thought you were disparaging Missy in any way. moo

Now you are suggesting that she "close family member" called Missy and confirmed that a daughter wouldn't be going to the AM class, without setting off any alarms, to let the killer know. There has never been anything to show a family member is involved in Missy's murder.

I've stated this before but it would be so incredibly coincidental that a cosplayer would pick that very church, in that early hour, in torrential rain, where a 5am exercise class happened to be held, and this person has weapons and is capable of and commits murder versus running off (especially since they were in a disguise). If they were cosplaying and ran off, I doubt police would have pursued the case beyond a certain point of time. Now that they committed murder, it's an active and open case. I'm not saying it cannot be a cosplayer but wow, what an ill-fated coincidental sequence of events if so. Also, my understanding is this would have been the perp's first cosplay location in that area. I haven't heard of this person cosplaying anywhere else before or after.

ETA: and this church has no alarm system
Well I guess a Cosplayer couldn't really do his thing in the Church at 11.00 am on Sunday morning ;-) !! Your right, though, if it was a Cosplayer they did get extremely 'lucky'.

I am about 70/30 on it being an unplanned murder.

MOO, this idea is used to bolster the "targeted" theory and to find a requirement for a certain person to have been involved and to answer the question of how a killer would know in advance that Missy was going to be alone and when she was on her way to the class. Of course, they leave out that there is no way to know when anyone else will arrive.

There could well be multi level marketing aspects to the business model.

In fairness to Camp Gladiator, their business model seems to allow individual participants to determine whether they approach it as a "side gig", or as a potential primary source of income.

Last edited:
A forced entry and the burglar supposedly knows that people are due to arrive at 4:30 AM.
Do we really know this for sure, though? I'm asking a a friendly and sincere question, not being sarcastic.

When I looked back in the media section the police press release said that the class was supposed to start at 5:00 a.m. I arrive at my gym 7 minutes before class starts to get my preferred spot, assemble my equipment, and stretch a little, but a full half hour seems like a lot.

I've seen various references to "early bird" arrivals but I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, e.g., was it some extra training with more personal attention before the main class? If so, is it something that is part of the published class schedule or would it have been directly arranged with the instructor? Does the FB post on "if it's raining we're still training" say something about how the early birds should arrive at 4:30?

I dont know the 'MLM" acronym. What does it mean?
Not the OP, but MLM stands for multi-level marketing. Think 'pyramid'.

Multilevel marketing (MLM) refers to a strategy used by some direct sales companies to sell products and services. MLM encourages existing members to promote and sell their offerings to other individuals and bring new recruits into the business. Distributors are paid a percentage of their recruits' sales.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back