TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

Not the OP, but MLM stands for multi-level marketing. Think 'pyramid'.

Multilevel marketing (MLM) refers to a strategy used by some direct sales companies to sell products and services. MLM encourages existing members to promote and sell their offerings to other individuals and bring new recruits into the business. Distributors are paid a percentage of their recruits' sales.
Thanks.

My wife sold Avon years ago as a side gig and I think they are MLM.

A possible MLM approach would give flexibility to those who view their involvement as "side gig" and also incentivizes others who want to achieve a higher income by growing the over all business.

It is possible that Camp Gladiator has MLM aspects. This could include a lead instructor "distributor" getting a bonus (cut) if he or she establishes say, "branch camps" with assistant gladiator instructors.

As a side note, a Gladiator trainee mentioned that the instructors in her area were all on good terms with each other and supported each other. This could indicate that any possible "kick back" to a lead instructor was nominal.

Last edited:
Well I guess a Cosplayer couldn't really do his thing in the Church at 11.00 am on Sunday morning ;-) !! Your right, though, if it was a Cosplayer they did get extremely 'lucky'.

I am about 70/30 on it being an unplanned murder.
If it was a cosplayer, the lucky aspect is most likely due to the person having intimate knowledge of the church. Entry/exit/ murder were all off camera. Knew there would be no alarm. He/ she may not of personally known Missy but I doubt they randomly picked the church without scoping it out first.

If it was a cosplayer, the lucky aspect is most likely due to the person having intimate knowledge of the church. Entry/exit/ murder were all off camera. Knew there would be no alarm. He/ she may not of personally known Missy but I doubt they randomly picked the church without scoping it out first.
Also wonder if she had flyers advertising her classes in the church. Our church has bulletin boards where people can advertise stuff. Could be a targeted attack by someone she didn’t know.

It is possible that Camp Gladiator has MLM aspects. This could include a lead instructor "distributor" getting a bonus (cut) if he or she establishes say, "branch camps" with assistant gladiator instructors.

As a side note, a Gladiator trainee mentioned that the instructors in her area were all on good terms with each other and supported each other. This could indicate that any possible "kick back" to a lead instructor was nominal
Class schedules are listed on the website and you pay a small flat fee so it doesn't make any sense for someone to go to a "bootleg" exercise class.
The name and logos are copy righted; all their trainers are required to be certified by training that is done by another company. For legal reasons, I highly doubt they could just let anyone else teach the class or get paid directly by forming their own classes. That would get them in legal trouble.
It does appear that trainers who get others to join Gladiator Camp, get a commission and they hand our free passes for the classes. They are not joining a specific class or trainer; they can go to any class/trainer.

For legal reasons, I highly doubt they could just let anyone else teach the class or get paid directly by forming their own classes. That would get them in legal trouble.
I agree.

A MLM approach would probably allow for assistant instructors teaching at "branch camps" to be recruited a senior instructor (reward initiative, grow the concept)

But..... also stipulate that all recruited instructors must be certified by the company. Nobody can instruct until certified.

Last edited:
Thank you! I have a source in the opposite direction—True Crime Garage—that states that none of Missys daughters ever, even once, attended the early morning class.

I do not understand why this idea of them attending the early class is so pervasive in these threads, it was not a thing that happened!
What?! Is this a link?

I too recall that one of the girls used to go with MB to classes on occasion.However, going back and combing through all the threads to find it is not something I'm going to do.I'm sorry. It makes sense to me, however, that one of the younger girls might have enjoyed doing this with their mother unless it was against the franchise rules. So, I'm not convinced either way unless there is a believable link.

Thank you! I have a source in the opposite direction—True Crime Garage—that states that none of Missys daughters ever, even once, attended the early morning class.

I do not understand why this idea of them attending the early class is so pervasive in these threads, it was not a thing that happened!
Me neither. On a GOOD day off from school I might see the whites of my teenager's eyes at 1000. And she's an athlete who gets up many weekends at 0500-0600 to travel for her club sport that she loves. And even that's really tough, she's usually sleeping for the drive. Anyone genuinely vested in health, especially of their own kids, would understand you don't mess with children's sleep. You let them sleep, not wake them up for an exercise class that could be repeated any other time of day, and at home. I also don't think that would be wise for her business, adults don't want children at or in their classes. Her kids were 8,13 & 15 at the time. Texas doesn't have laws about how old a child can be to stay home alone. She probably felt comfortable leaving 8 with 13 & 15 as they were all likely fast asleep and would stay that way until she got home. If she was seriously concerned about them staying home alone she would have moved the class time or not scheduled it in the first place knowing BB wouldn't be there with the kids, or she would have cancelled it. MOO

Do we really know this for sure, though? I'm asking a a friendly and sincere question, not being sarcastic.

When I looked back in the media section the police press release said that the class was supposed to start at 5:00 a.m. I arrive at my gym 7 minutes before class starts to get my preferred spot, assemble my equipment, and stretch a little, but a full half hour seems like a lot.

I've seen various references to "early bird" arrivals but I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, e.g., was it some extra training with more personal attention before the main class? If so, is it something that is part of the published class schedule or would it have been directly arranged with the instructor? Does the FB post on "if it's raining we're still training" say something about how the early birds should arrive at 4:30?
You can't sign up for the early bird class online and I have no idea if this was okayed by the CG company but they have classes that start at 4:45 AM any way. Trainers give an early start to accommodate those that have especially early work schedules. It is the reason the early arrivals at 4.35 AM were there. I would think that only Missy's family and some of her regular "campers" and other trainers, would know about it. They wouldn't really know who was going to show up for it or at what time, I'm just guessing that there would be no reason for Missy to share that with anyone. This was discussed early on here and no one challenged that it was accepted that she was arriving early for this reason.
Campers bring their own dumbbells, mats and water and it clearly states (as it does for all the classes) that it will be outdoors. Missy did not have a key for the church, there was a hidden way at the entry door to push a latch? and a release to get the door open. She apparently put her paperwork inside due to the wind and rain. I'll say this all MOO rather than look for so many references.

1709576832553.png

What?! Is this a link?

I too recall that one of the girls used to go with MB to classes on occasion.However, going back and combing through all the threads to find it is not something I'm going to do.I'm sorry. It makes sense to me, however, that one of the younger girls might have enjoyed doing this with their mother unless it was against the franchise rules. So, I'm not convinced either way unless is a believable link.

Me neither. On a GOOD day off from school I might see the whites of my teenager's eyes at 1000. And she's an athlete who gets up many weekends at 0500-0600 to travel for her club sport that she loves. And even that's really tough, she's usually sleeping for the drive. Anyone genuinely vested in health, especially of their own kids, would understand you don't mess with children's sleep. You let them sleep, not wake them up for an exercise class that could be repeated any other time of day, and at home. I also don't think that would be wise for her business, adults don't want children at or in their classes. Her kids were 8,13 & 15 at the time. Texas doesn't have laws about how old a child can be to stay home alone. She probably felt comfortable leaving 8 with 13 & 15 as they were all likely fast asleep and would stay that way until she got home. If she was seriously concerned about them staying home alone she would have moved the class time or not scheduled it in the first place knowing BB wouldn't be there with the kids, or she would have cancelled it. MOO
I don't think Missy had any qualms about leaving them at home alone (nor should she).

I will ask from a different perspective. Even if the girls had never, ever, in their existence of living never even attended one singular Camp Gladiator event, would YOU verify they were not going to be there if they were YOUR brothers children?

It is reasonable to think plans may change on a whim with teen/tween girls, I have two of them and the plans rapidly whirlwind change at the very last minute.

I do not hang my hat fully on this, admittedly. As I believe there is another set of branches from the idea that Missy was communicating with her murderer that morning. If it wasn't someone close to her discreetly confirming the girls, then it may have been a scorned wife using her husband's device or husband's login on a messaging app.

Thanks for responding to my message.

To me, this lines up with my personal theory that SP did not in fact know that there would be early bird campers arriving at 4:30. IMO SP thought based on the public FB post that the class would start at 5:00, and they assumed they would have a window between Missy's arrival and the arrival of other campers from around 4:30 to 4:45. I know others here have hypothesized that SP was in direct contact with Missy that day and knew that she would be there early and be alone. That's not my theory as I don't think that SP was someone close enough to Missy to text or call her.

I think SP simply got lucky. They assumed correctly she would be there without her children and although their assumption about when other campers would arrive was not correct, it was enough of an opportunity to commit the act and get away.

I will ask from a different perspective. Even if the girls had never, ever, in their existence of living never even attended one singular Camp Gladiator event, would YOU verify they were not going to be there if they were YOUR brothers children?

And leave a trail as one of the last known contacts? To ask a question I already know the answer to? And land myself an immediate interview and phone download before I even commit the well-disguised murder I've plotted out?

Absolutely not.

And leave a trail as one of the last known contacts? To ask a question I already know the answer to? And land myself an immediate interview and phone download before I even commit the well-disguised murder I've plotted out?

Absolutely not.
Would anyone question that at all, if you were their aunt and routinely checked on them?

It isn’t my idea I’m hanging my hat on, as I do believe this contact could have been from a wife posing as her husband.

Would anyone question that at all, if you were their aunt and routinely checked on them?

It isn’t my idea I’m hanging my hat on, as I do believe this contact could have been from a wife posing as her husband.
Only an investigator not doing the basics of their expected job working from the people closest to the victim outward wouldn't look for and confirm such a pattern beyond just taking someone's word, regardless of who it is.

I think I know where you are going with this but I seem to recall the MPD looked hard at this as well as "a scorned lover". I'm not sure how this all turned out (but there was a lot of going back and forth via FB and on WS as I recall) but no one was or has been charged.

I don't for a minute believe this was a cos player or a bungling burgler. Someone stalked her and killed her on a morning that was advantageous to the murderer.

I think I know where you are going with this but I seem to recall the MPD looked hard at this as well as "a scorned lover". I'm not sure how this all turned out (but there was a lot of going back and forth via FB and on WS as I recall) but no one was or has been charged.

I don't for a minute believe this was a cos player or a bungling burgler. Someone stalked her and killed her on a morning that was advantageous to the murderer.
Fully agreed about planned and stalked.

Honestly, this case is just so bizarre it’s hard to fully believe anything.

The most logical (with an overwhelming amount of reasons to believe) answer is that she was targeted.

I have wondered in the murderer thought it would benefit (Brandon in particular) someone to eliminate Missy.

If this person was whacky enough to wear a full SWAT outfit (especially if they thought wearing it would trick Missy into complying but that's an entirely different conversation), then I can picture them having illogical reasoning that killing Missy would benefit Brandon and (possibly) in return benefit them.

In my three main theories, I have a few ideas for the lone person to eliminate Missy and of course many ideas for the three person team. The two person team would just be jealousy and infidelity much like Heather Elvis case or Erica Stefanko.

Ok,

I came across this article in a really weird way.

Has anyone else ever read or heard anything like this? Allegedly from Dateline on the Dallas Fort Worth NBC page:

"The sister-in-law of a slain fitness instructor spoke with Dateline's Kerry Sanders Thursday, recalling how she and her family found out about the death of Missy Bevers and what they told her three daughters.

Kristi Stout, the sister of Bevers' husband Brandon, who was out of state on a fishing trip when his wife was killed inside a Midlothian church Monday morning, spoke at length with NBC News about her sister-in-law's death, the investigation into her murder and what may have led someone to kill the beloved mother of three.

Stout said her mother, Missy Bevers' mother-in-law, called her at about 5:30 a.m. Monday and said she'd been told Bevers had been in a crash. While she went to be with Bevers, she asked Stout to go to her brother's home and take care of the couple's three daughters.
A short time later, Stout said she received another call.

"An officer called my brother and said that Missy had passed," Stout said.

The girls would soon be up for school and with their father Brandon Bevers still returning from out of state, his mother and sister told the girls their mother had died.
"My mom, myself, my stepdad and my aunt and uncle went over there and we woke them up out of the bed," Stout said. "We told the girls what we were told originally. It was the most awful nightmare you could ever imagine, telling three kids they don't have a mother anymore."

It wasn't until later that police told the family that Bevers had been assaulted and died inside the church."

I have soooooo many questions......

Source link: Slain Fitness Instructor's Sister-in-Law Speaks to Dateline

Ok,

Has anyone else ever read or heard anything like this? Allegedly from Dateline on the Dallas Fort Worth NBC page:

"The sister-in-law of a slain fitness instructor spoke with Dateline's Kerry Sanders Thursday, recalling how she and her family found out about the death of Missy Bevers and what they told her three daughters.

Kristi Stout, the sister of Bevers' husband Brandon, who was out of state on a fishing trip when his wife was killed inside a Midlothian church Monday morning, spoke at length with NBC News about her sister-in-law's death, the investigation into her murder and what may have led someone to kill the beloved mother of three.

Stout said her mother, Missy Bevers' mother-in-law, called her at about 5:30 a.m. Monday and said she'd been told Bevers had been in a crash. While she went to be with Bevers, she asked Stout to go to her brother's home and take care of the couple's three daughters.

The girls would soon be up for school and with their father Brandon Bevers still returning from out of state, his mother and sister told the girls their mother had died.
"My mom, myself, my stepdad and my aunt and uncle went over there and we woke them up out of the bed," Stout said. "We told the girls what we were told originally. It was the most awful nightmare you could ever imagine, telling three kids they don't have a mother anymore."

It wasn't until later that police told the family that Bevers had been assaulted and died inside the church."

That's pretty much, how I know the story.
When did Missy's m-i-l and f-i-l return from their caravan trip? I believe, I had thought the whole time, they were still absent. But I maybe wrong; so many years are gone meanwhile.

That's pretty much, how I know the story.
When did Missy's m-i-l and f-i-l return from their caravan trip? I believe, I had thought the whole time, they were still absent. But I maybe wrong; so many years are gone meanwhile.
I also thought they were far far away.

Why is Brandon’s family SO involved in all this? It’s a major challenge to find anywhere where Missy’s brothers or parents speak.

Why was a car wreck mentioned? How did the MIL know about it at 530 am?

Why did the whole gang of them go over and announce it to an console the girls immediately?

If the girls were going to school, how? Bus? Someone taking them?

Is there a place to watch the Dateline interview?

I have some digging to do apparently

Ok,

Hired hit? Was going to be a car accident but switched it up? Faulty foreknowledge?

Now I have soooooo many questions too.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01