Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Tamanika said his client had hoped to keep his father's name out of the press.
Yesterday it was "he was at risk - due to possible 'self-harm'.
Mr Tamanika needs to make up his mind.... :rolleyes:
Perhaps he should have *thought* of his father & the *unwanted* publicity, before he allegedly commited this appalling & heartbreaking murder.

(imo)

I think whatever the COD, it was an accident and the accused panicked, IMO.
LE saying not a hit and run-technically, he may have hit SM, panicked, put her in vehicle right away so he could make a plan…
In this situation, would it be considered a “hit and run” if you accidentally hit and killed someone and removed the body from the scene?? I’ll be shocked if this not an accident turned murder.

I think so , too. I think he was idiotic enough to send it to someone. Which is where the ' assistance from the public' comes into it. Something / someone must have tipped the police off about him, they've been watching him for 2 weeks or more. Filming himself doing this would be quite the thing to do, in his thinking, I suppose, a record , a memory, a trophy memory.
In what circles do you get recognition for running someone down with a car/ attacking someone/ killing someone? Very concerning if so

I believe it is here. Not far from the Mt Clear area where the detectives were photographed by the phone tower.

Information from infobelpro.com - business details.

View attachment 488783

Google maps
Pretty quick access to the forest trails from there,
Which makes me think he might have also been out running or cycling that morning.
I’m curious about whether he targeted Sam and planned the attack for some time.

I wonder if police can ascertain whether any of Sam’s missing devices tried to connect to Wi-Fi at any of his addresses.

I think so , too. I think he was idiotic enough to send it to someone. Which is where the ' assistance from the public' comes into it. Something / someone must have tipped the police off about him, they've been watching him for 2 weeks or more. Filming himself doing this would be quite the thing to do, in his thinking, I suppose, a record , a memory, a trophy memory.

I heard on the news, the police were watching him for a while

LE saying not a hit and run-technically, he may have hit SM, panicked, put her in vehicle right away so he could make a plan…
In this situation, would it be considered a “hit and run” if you accidentally hit and killed someone and removed the body from the scene?? I’ll be shocked if this not an accident turned murder.

Murder was a 'deliberate act': Police Chief Victoria Police Commissioner Shane Patton told media this afternoon that detectives questioned the man for more than 30 hours after he was taken into custody yesterday. He said police believed the murder was "a deliberate act" and "not a hit and run".

I heard on the news, the police were watching him for a while
Well played VICPOL! In the previous press conference they mentioned the Mt Clear area but made it sound like someone very close to Sam’s inner circle was responsible. The perp most likely felt he was off the hook and lived a bit more freely which ultimately gave them enough evidence to arrest and charge him. IMO

He is charged with murder ... the intent to kill, in Victoria.

imo

I believe it is less than 2km - maybe 1½ km as the crow flies - from where the police were photographed by the Mt Clear phone tower on Boak Road. In a close residential area. imo

See @Oona post below.

Information from infobelpro.com - business details.
The home on that corner normally has two white Utes parked nose to nose .. lately I’ve only been seeing one ..

In what circles do you get recognition for running someone down with a car/ attacking someone/ killing someone? Very concerning if so
Obviously, in his own circular mind, for starters.. It is astonishing what people think other people may want to see and be impressed by. It is not hard to assume that he sent his little cameo to someone who he thought may be impressed but who was shocked out of their mind . It may never have crossed his mind that his effort would be received in that manner. Some people are completely unaware as to the effect their behavior has on other people. So it isn't a matter of what circles you and I might believe don't exist, but what HE believed existed.

It isn't an unknown phenomenon for people to do exactly this, murder and film themselves and send the pics on. It's happened in Australia. In Leeton. A bloke a bit older but not much older, 27, or so. He thought it was a good idea, too. He sent it to his twin brother, who was as twisted as he was and it was found much later, the twin brother wasn't shocked or offended by it, . which goes to show, there are 'circles' where this is quite acceptable, revolting as that is.

Due to him house-sitting in Scotsburn?

imo
It is understood Stephenson was living between two homes when Ms Murphy vanished, splitting his time between his parent's house in Mount Clear as well as a share house in Scotsburn - about 17kms from Ms Murphy's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant