Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind explaining to me how releasing the wrong cause of death could lead to a lawsuit? I understand that it must be traumatic for someone to say something happened and then to find out that it didn't, but not to the extent of a lawsuit. Maybe I just underestimate people.

It has nothing to do with the wrong cause of death. It has to do with privacy and the release of information. I don't understand where “wrong cause of death” came from.

Add that to a location other than at home . . . well, try coming up with an explanation that encompasses:
1. SS to pick Maddy up to take her to school (bell is at 9:30 a.m.)
2. 7:35 a.m. SS seen tossing her belongings in dumpster at home complex, later found to be laptop and phone
3. 8 a.m. abt -- JS saw her wearing black shorts
3. 8:19 a.m. -- Maddy (already dead) seen in car driven by SS returning to complex (home)

What do you do with that?
and dont forget the plate reader at 8:10 driving away from the school ( cant remember exact location)

Mina has been VERY careful with the words he uses.
He never says “at her Kissimmee home”.
Video doesn’t match the article. It’s inferred.
I understand he was answering a very direct question from a reporter; however he could have easily said “home”. He does not.
Which leads me to start questioning did Maddie actually spend the night at her home or possibly at grandma’s (is that where the party was held?).
I know it’s been stated that she didn’t, but honestly, at this point I don’t trust what anyone from that family has said.
If she spent the night at grandma’s then the timeline fits much better.
I still have my doubts with that theory, but I wonder if we all put our minds together could we come up w most plausible explanations.

I don't know that she doesn't want it released but possibly LE has decided to not release the info so as to not open themselves up for a possible lawsuit if it came to that at a later time. JMO
Of course, I didn’t mean that you were stating she didn’t, sorry - it just brought the question to my mind. Like, if she isn’t giving permission to release it, why would that be?

Which leads me to start questioning did Maddie actually spend the night at her home or possibly at grandma’s (is that where the party was held?).
I know it’s been stated that she didn’t, but honestly, at this point I don’t trust what anyone from that family has said.
If she spent the night at grandma’s then the timeline fits much better.
I still have my doubts with that theory, but I wonder if we all put our minds together could we come up w most plausible explanations.
According to her mom she was home. But we all know she's been less than truthful, hence Tricia allowing us to discuss and sleuth someone not named a POI.

According to her statement to LE... Stephan appears to be the one not at home as you don't ask someone IN the same house to 'pick someone up'. You'd ask them to 'take her to school'.
1710614052612.png

According to her mom she was home. But we all know she's been less than truthful, hence Tricia allowing us to discuss and sleuth someone not named a POI.

According to her statement to LE... Stephan appears to be the one not at home as you don't ask someone IN the same house to 'pick someone up'. You'd ask them to 'take her to school'.
View attachment 490961
Unless you are physically picking up (lifting someone) but I get what you are saying.

View attachment 490961
Exactly!
Which also fits the narrative if she was at grandma’s.
The school is between grandma’s and JS’s home.
Did he know she was already dead or that she was going to be dead? Throws her belongings at 7:35, goes to pick her up, 8:10 driving away from the direction of the school (it could be 5 miles away, doesn’t say 8:10 BY the school), now he’s back at 8:19 with her VISIBLE in the car.
Important to keep in mind, Maddie went to the school outside her district, using grandma’s address or school choice form application that was granted. (schools in grandma’s area are much better than in Kissimmee). That’s also the reason school busses weren’t an option.

In the last thread I misspoke and said it has been ruled a homicide. AFAIK the official determination has not been made.

I would never want to post misinformation.
I know you would never knowingly post wrong information, so thank you for clarifying.
In this case, the media has taken liberties with opinion over facts and I think that's caused the biggest problem.
There is much we just don't know yet, and that poses a real problem discussing this case from a fact-based perspective.

jmo

Of course, I didn’t mean that you were stating she didn’t, sorry - it just brought the question to my mind. Like, if she isn’t giving permission to release it, why would that be?

The woman that pushed for the new law did not want to know the details of her children's death.

snipped
The Rex and Brody Act has officially become law in Florida, following efforts spanning two legislative sessions and Gov. Ron DeSantis’ signature on Thursday.

The bill prevents access to autopsy photos and reports of minors killed through domestic violence, access previously allowed under Florida’s public records law. Unless a surviving parent not involved in the deaths gives permission, the records can be kept sealed under the new law.

During the 2022 session, O’Sullivan recalled the aftermath of her sons’ deaths during a committee hearing. O’Sullivan said she immediately stated that she didn’t want to know how her sons were killed and asked local media not to publish information from the autopsy report.
However, when the report became public, information about the deaths spread. O’Sullivan told lawmakers she learned more than she had wanted just by stumbling on a local headline.

I hear you, this is the same issue I have. Somewhere between LE and the news, things can get a little twisted. clarification:
- I posted about Kissimmee/home above.
-there is also a news outlet that says it differently than Mina does in the press conference, News media said " ss vehicle was seen "near" the complex with Maddie's body visible, as opposed to what Mina says "returning" to the complex.
-The news reporting that the statement about a license plate reader at 8:10 was retracted when that doesn't seem to be a fact
-OCSD posted on all social media ( X, Facebook) it was a homicide investigation; However, Mina said it started as a missing persons investigation,( found body) and now will be turned over to kissimee PD who will continue the"investigation". (no autopsy yet)

*words are like weapons that is for sure.
I think he said “transition to a homicide investigation” during the presser in the hours before her body was located. Towards the end. I made a whole post about this with the link in the last thread.

Hopefully takes you to where I summarized the video.

Nope, I don't remember seeing that statement. But I remember what Mina said at the Presser. I just posted about that about 30 min ago in the last thread. Here it is:

I do remember. What I heard/saw on a Youtube presser was that she was seen in the car, but law enforcement thought she was already dead, killed at home... Another odd thing is her Mother said that there was a video of Madeline walking near the park, then nothing. Very strange.

View attachment 490940
I missed this one, there was some good info I hadn't thought of before.
-Madeline never had her bio dad's last name
- Madi born Feb 2011 bio dad got married( to someone else) in April 2011
(Not sure how mom felt about that)
- approx 6 yrs later ( 2017?): Enter SS.
again back to the authority thing. Vinnie asks did he have that much power and authority over madi like a real dad? Although I have no idea about the dynamics of Mom and Madi's relationship, the authority I refer to is more like " he sees things right, "he understands" " he protects me" and who she depends on? Over time, What a confusing place that ended up to be for this poor little girl.

Last edited:
Talking about how it's not uncommon for a mother to turn a blind eye to abuse, and/or hinder the investigation in some way after it's started - "non offending but non supportive parent." If she's lawyered up then she won't be talking to law enforcement. Former prosecutor says that she's had a number of cases where a mother was charged for protecting her paramour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79