Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this begs the question: is the hold up on charges because they dont know how she died exactly? possible accidental overdose ( not by Madi) or who did it? I have no idea. We can guess till the cows come home, but we will be doing that until something official comes out. (although it is fun to speculate)

Last edited:
Local news - nothing new but did bring up the lack of murder charges
The report last night has a timeline
www.clickorlando.com

TIMELINE: Here’s where things stand in Madeline Soto case 1 week after her body was found

As the investigation into Madeline Soto's death continues, News 6 provides a timeline of events stemming back to her initial disappearance.
www.clickorlando.com
www.clickorlando.com
Snipped
MARCH 1

During a news conference, Mina said investigators were “confident” that Soto was already dead, having been killed at her Kissimmee home before Sterns moved her body.
——-
Will post article to the media thread

—————-

This article references she was killed at home. Implies not suicide.
Mina has been VERY careful with the words he uses.
He never says “at her Kissimmee home”.
Video doesn’t match the article. It’s inferred.
I understand he was answering a very direct question from a reporter; however he could have easily said “home”. He does not.

All of this begs the question: is the hold up on charges because they dont know how she died exactly? or who did it? possible accidental overdose? I have no idea. We can guess till the cows come home, but we will be doing that until something official comes out. (although it is fun to speculate)

I'm thinking it through. MOO

If there was something obvious like a gunshot wound to the back of the head, there would be few questions about it being a homicide. They haven't said that. The fact that no one has said anything about any sort of obvious wound, no rumors, etc. makes me believe that either they do not exist, OR the PD runs a WAY tighter ship than has been previously seen.

The mother didn't say anything about blood in the house, no signs of struggle, etc. which you would assume that there would be IF A. this was a violent death and B. that she died in the house.

ETA: A and B can not (most likely) be true together but this does not mean that one or the other of them can not be true. Either she died of something non-obvious at the house, or it was a violent death not at the house. Or, I suppose she died of something non-obvious outside of the house.

Last edited:
I'm with ya, but just clarifying if it was ever officially declared a homicide.

IMO If LE releases the manner of death as homicide at this point in an investigation they may open themselves up to a lawsuit. Vinnie Politan on his you tube channel covered this dilemma on a recent podcast. I'm providing a link to the Fla Sunshine law if you care to weed through it.....

If there was something obvious like a gunshot wound to the back of the head, there would be few questions about it being a homicide. They haven't said that. The fact that no one has said anything about any sort of obvious wound, no rumors, etc. makes me believe that either they do not exist, OR the PD runs a WAY tighter ship than has been previously seen.

The mother didn't say anything about blood in the house, no signs of struggle, etc. which you would assume that there would be IF A. this was a violent death and B. that she died in the house.
I also believe LE has a duty to the public to maintain their faith in the justice system. So the "radio silence/crickets " must have a purpose here.

On the last thread it was stated that it has been determined this is a homicide Found Deceased - FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Does anyone have a link showing the investigating agency has released the manner of death as homicide, or are we just assuming since they're calling it a homicide investigation? The latter obviously makes sense but I'm unaware if MOD has officially been released by LE.

In the last thread I misspoke and said it has been ruled a homicide. AFAIK the official determination has not been made.

I would never want to post misinformation.

Wait, what? The 8:10 a.m. license plate reader statement was retracted?
There was a news article that stated it was retracted. Instead of going all the way back read @Gemmie post on page 1 of this thread. I read that it was redacted when it was not ( @Gemmie/@MassGuy explain it better than I ever could) , just another example of how tricky reading news articles can be.

Last edited:

ETA: A and B can not (most likely) be true together but this does not mean that one or the other of them can not be true. Either she died of something non-obvious at the house, or it was a violent death not at the house. Or, I suppose she died of something non-obvious outside of the house.

IMO LE won't say anything definitive about manner of death due to being cautious for fear of a lawsuit.There is a reason they are holding back the autopsy report. See Sunshine Law.

Something to consider though:

If a teen were to take their own life, people might wonder why. They might start rumors, sure.

But....I don't think that LE would start poking around in the devices owned by her mother's boyfriend.

IF MS took her own life, why on earth would SS have driven all around with her dead body in his car? Why would JS have conflicting statements.

Makes no sense at all.
I wonder if they reviewed the footage of comings and goings and saw Ss dump the backpack at 7:35 then realized they needed to see his phone or… had they seen his phone then checked the footage?

Sounds like they run it through AI. JMO
YES!!! I was going to add that and forgot! Actually, that's what I was looking to see if they did that and then I went in another direction. lol

I can't remember what case it was but I looked into a reporter saying things that made me go Hmmmm, and found that whatever the MSM source was, they, or the reporter, uses AI to write their articles. I'll see if I can find it.

I don't know that she doesn't want it released but possibly LE has decided to not release the info so as to not open themselves up for a possible lawsuit if it came to that at a later time. JMO
Would you mind explaining to me how releasing the wrong cause of death could lead to a lawsuit? I understand that it must be traumatic for someone to say something happened and then to find out that it didn't, but not to the extent of a lawsuit. Maybe I just underestimate people.

YES!!! I was going to add that and forgot! Actually, that's what I was looking to see if they did that and then I went in another direction. lol

I can't remember what case it was but I looked into a reporter saying things that made me go Hmmmm, and found that whatever the MSM source was, they, or the reporter, uses AI to write their articles. I'll see if I can find it.
I'm actually seeing this more and more lately. I, for one, don't like it.

As I understand it, the autopsy report of a minor child who died in a domestic violence situation may not be released publicly without the surviving parents' consent if the parent wasn't involved in the death of the child. IANAL but here is the statute:

I am not sure whether the manner of death can be released separate from the entire autopsy report. However, if I were JS, even completely innocent and unaware of what SS had been doing to Maddie, I would not want the autopsy released due to the possibility of gory details regarding the SA Maddie endured and maybe even pregnancy.

All of this begs the question: is the hold up on charges because they dont know how she died exactly? possible accidental overdose? or who did it? I have no idea. We can guess till the cows come home, but we will be doing that until something official comes out. (although it is fun to speculate)
Add that to a location other than at home . . . well, try coming up with an explanation that encompasses:
1. SS to pick Maddy up to take her to school (bell is at 9:30 a.m.)
2. 7:35 a.m. SS seen tossing her belongings in dumpster at home complex, later found to be laptop and phone
3. 8 a.m. abt -- JS saw her wearing black shorts
3. 8:19 a.m. -- Maddy (already dead) seen in car driven by SS returning to complex (home)

What do you do with that?

Something to consider though:

If a teen were to take their own life, people might wonder why. They might start rumors, sure.

But....I don't think that LE would start poking around in the devices owned by her mother's boyfriend.

IF MS took her own life, why on earth would SS have driven all around with her dead body in his car? Why would JS have conflicting statements.

Makes no sense at all.
Most definitely, AND if friends and family (minus JS & SS) say she was VERY happy and saw no signs that she might do this... all eyes turn toward what's going on at home IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery