Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, but I feel strongly that he tried to type (or maybe even more likely speak), "good lots", because the text he was responding to asked him 2 questions, "how are you?" and "are you having fun?"

So he answered 2 questions:

"how are you?" with "good"

"having fun?" with "lots", typoing "lops".

(Or if speak-to-texting, "lots" wrongly sent as "lops".)

That makes a lot of sense. You are probably right.

And homeless or not, do you want to put on a shirt that has vomit on it?
I think if it was cold out and I desperately wanted another layer of clothing to put on I might. There are probably a lot of things that stop making you squeamish when you’re in survival mode. I mean I wouldn’t assume someone would attack him for his shirt that’s not what I mean. But if someone found it I wouldn’t be shocked that they put it on.

The problem with "pre-gaming" or just having some drinks beforehand as we used to say is you have to be careful because, they can not let you in, refuse to serve you, kick you out because you're drunk already.

Although, by 22 most people have figured this out especially in relation to irl (meaning not a college parties). So, idk...

What was the one drink he did get served? Something strong or beer or what?

I think if it was cold out and I desperately wanted another layer of clothing to put on I might. There are probably a lot of things that stop making you squeamish when you’re in survival mode. I mean I wouldn’t assume someone would attack him for his shirt that’s not what I mean. But if someone found it I wouldn’t be shocked that they put it on.
I mean, maybe...

I'm confused if the shirt has been found or not.

Strain’s stepfather, Chris Whiteid, told News 2 that in the video it appears Strain is briskly walking or jogging. The camera captured him walking between the Woodland St Bridge and Main St bridge.

On Thursday, volunteers set up a tent in the exact area where Strain was seen. Volunteers handed out flyers and signed up anyone who wanted to be part of the search team. Many of the volunteers have connected with the family friend Chris Dingman.

Dingman has been aiding much of the search efforts online and has received hundreds of tips.

He said a couple reached out Wednesday after they claimed they interacted with Strain the night he went missing.

“The couple that reached out and reported about being in the video that is literally down the corner from us right now. I was able to put them on Facetime with the family last night. It was phenomenal to get to talk to them and I said thank you for your compassion. You are the only one we know in this entire journey that stopped to see what he was doing, and we thank them for it,” Dingman said.

So am I. This shirt is like the most confusing part to me at this point!
Mythwrites just said none of his clothes have been found as per his family.

So, i guess this means that any observations about there being vomit on the shirt, etc are based on videos of him. It's so sad he wanderered around down by the river so much. Probably if he could have gotten back on Broadway (where there are numerous people) he would have been okay.

Wow, $15 for a mixed drink for a college kid is expensive.
Thats expensive for me too- and I am way past college.

That aside, when I visited Nashville's bars (alot of fun), I got the distinct impression that the tourism industry there as a whole was targeting a very different spending demographic than the:

"Spring Break- No limits! Dollar Jello shots all day. Dont miss the "Lick it Off" Contest." party crew

Last edited:
The problem with "pre-gaming" or just having some drinks beforehand as we used to say is you have to be careful because, they can not let you in, refuse to serve you, kick you out because you're drunk already.

Although, by 22 most people have figured this out especially in relation to irl (meaning not a college parties). So, idk...

What was the one drink he did get served? Something strong or beer or what?
Don't know how helpful this will be, but here's the menus from Luke's.
UPPER ROOFTOP MENU - LUKE'S 32 BRIDGE Food + Drink
ETA
SIGNATURE RESTAURANT - LUKE'S 32 BRIDGE Food + Drink

I don't know if banning him from all bars in Nashville (as per how it sounds like barwatch works, which it isn't in Nashville to be clear) would have done him any good. Probably what would have helped him more than anything would have been to get in one even if they would not serve him alcohol.

All bars have some kind of food. Even if it's just chips, they have to have something.

Eta: i mean all bars in Tennessee. I am not speaking of the bars of the world.

The one he got thrown out of had several food options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny