OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I turned on an old Dateline episode...I've seen almost all of them or at least listened to the podcast. While this one sounded familiar I had never seen it but it was the case where Shirley Skinner (I think someone may have mentioned it up thread possibly) was sentenced to jail for killing her granddaughter's soon-to-be or already ex-husband over their daughter as he taking her to court to go after gaining greater/full legal custody.

It was just ironic timing considering this case and how ex's, parents and even grandparents can unfortunately go the farthest extremes to stop someone from changing custody arrangements. It also made me think of the Dan Markel case and how his ex-wife's mother was recently arrested for his death by murder-by-hire so they could have the child with their family only. This happens far too often.

And the saddest part is if you truly care about the wellbeing of children you would never permanently take a parent away from them forever, especially a very loving and caring one at that, all for your selfish reasons IMHO. I suspect at this point it will unfortunately be very interesting yet so heartbreaking to see how this case plays out in the end.

If the grandmother isn’t talking, they may not know when the women were last seen. They know when they left to pick up the children, but maybe they do not yet know if someone saw them after that.
It's also possible the grandmother doesn't know anything.
I haven't read all the court docs to have any opinion on any of the parties involved but there have been countless numbers of really awful custody cases that don't end up with one side of the family doing something unthinkable and/or criminal.

jmo

Definitely the public needs to be involved. Maybe a stray car was somehow seen and can be identified.
I agree.

I can understand the need not to jump to conclusions regarding an investigation. But...

It seems that Oklahoma Law Enforcement entertained say, a: "Both women might have stressed out and then went "Thelma and Louise"- give them time to re-appear in LA's hottest night club" possibility a little too long given the totality of circumstances.

It's also possible the grandmother doesn't know anything.
I haven't read all the court docs to have any opinion on any of the parties involved but there have been countless numbers of really awful custody cases that don't end up with one side of the family doing something unthinkable and/or criminal.

jmo
And then there are those where people will do anything to maintain custody or obtain custody! The Rhoden -Gilley family is testament of that! 8 family members died in 4 different locations, all over custody of a 3 year old little girl…

OSBI spokesman Hunter states that the car was found by a sheriffs deputy. OSBI obviously knows way more than they are saying, but they don’t want to share it with the public because that’s also sharing it with their suspect(s). They aren’t asking for tips because they don’t need them. MOO

IMO we know what time the court order stated visitation for VB to start, so count back the time it takes to drive to the meeting spot and that’s likely the time they left their house.

I thought the car was found by Butler's husband/fiance as reported yesterday. Do we know which is correct?
Not that it really matters other than there may be other more pertinent examples of misreporting.

I thought the car was found by Butler's husband/fiance as reported yesterday. Do we know which is correct?
Not that it really matters other than there may be other more pertinent examples of misreporting.
Sloppy reporting has muddied the waters. It went from deputies found the car, to the fiancé found the car surrounded by deputies and now news agencies saying the fiancé found the car first.

Sloppy reporting has muddied the waters. It went from deputies found the car, to the fiancé found the car surrounded by deputies and now news agencies saying the fiancé found the car first.
Our news reporters leave much to be desired these days. Whatever happened to verifying facts before reporting?

I may be wrong, but I’m thinking premeditated.
Would we be on the same page to think that an interview with the children could clear this up? Either they were aware of the visitation and party, and were taken to the meet-up place, or they weren't. If they never left home that day, that would be make everything obvious, in my opinion.

And then there are those where people will do anything to maintain custody or obtain custody! The Rhoden -Gilley family is testament of that! 8 family members died in 4 different locations, all over custody of a 3 year old little girl…
Sadly that is true. I'm sure most of us could rattle off all sorts of sick and heartbreaking cases where terrible things took place and innocent people lost their lives.

Statistically however, psychopathic, murderous families are far less common, thankfully. In this case, I don't see it ending well for these two women, and my hope is, no one connected to those kids has anything to do with it, for the sake of those kids who likely lost their mother in a tragic, violent way.

jmo

Would we be on the same page to think that an interview with the children could clear this up? Either they were aware of the visitation and party, and were taken to the meet-up place, or they weren't. If they never left home that day, that would be make everything obvious, in my opinion.
They could have gone though and waited with gma until they turned around after the no show.

Our news reporters leave much to be desired these days. Whatever happened to verifying facts before reporting?
If you're not first, you're last now. Moose out front should have told you. I miss the greatest generation.

I feel the same as you do, that this was a premeditated act by someone who knew those ladies would be coming down the road at that specific time.

If premeditation was involved, I'd think they would have gone to the meeting place for "appearances sake", knowing full well there would be questions afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant