GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #10

A reminder that most Texas prisons have no air conditioning. Prisoners die from the extreme heat. This is a report from someone who has been imprisoned at the Dr. Lane Murray Unit for 23 years -- this is the prison where KA now resides. It is hell on earth.

What It's Like to be Cooked Alive in a Texas Prison
Think of rotisserie chickens baking in that red-hot light.

Texas summers go on for a very, very long time. The most intense heat can be late June through October, but it's already heating up in May.

I googled "what are conditions like at the Dr. Lane Murray women's prison" and the word notorious seems to be the general consensus. It's also called Miserable Murray.
Sounds intolerable, but somehow I think KA will hold up fine there.
She is a cold-blooded killer.
Would not surprise me if ice literally runs through her veins.

On a two-hour special on NBC’s Dateline Friday, it will showcase brand new evidence from court, as well as key witnesses, including the killer’s plastic surgeon, who was unaware of the murderer’s intentions to elude authorities. An interview will also include deputy US Marshals who made the key identification leading to Armstrong’s arrest.

KXAN’s Brianna Hollis got the chance to speak with Dateline’s Keith Morrison about this interview.

On a two-hour special on NBC’s Dateline Friday, it will showcase brand new evidence from court, as well as key witnesses, including the killer’s plastic surgeon, who was unaware of the murderer’s intentions to elude authorities. An interview will also include deputy US Marshals who made the key identification leading to Armstrong’s arrest.

KXAN’s Brianna Hollis got the chance to speak with Dateline’s Keith Morrison about this interview.

Oooh the plastic surgeon! And the always sardonic Keith Morrison? Count me in!

I still tend to think Kaitlin’s sister was more involved with her escape. Hard to believe that IIRC her indication was that she had not loaned her her passport to flee. Yet she traveled on her sister’s passport and was headed to Costa Rica in her name, and not returning to Austin, TX. Wish that angle was explored better. MOO

Last edited:
This Dateline is really good. Way more police bodycam video than we’ve ever seen. CS denied knowing Mo initially. And yes, they specifically asked if he knew the name “Mo”. The apartment door was never relocked after Mo left, so it must have been unlocked and KA opened and walked right in. CC initially did not realize Mo was deceased as she often laid on the bath floor after a bike ride as the tile was cool.

This Dateline is really good. Way more police bodycam video than we’ve ever seen. CS denied knowing Mo initially. And yes, they specifically asked if he knew the name “Mo”. The apartment door was never relocked after Mo left, so it must have been unlocked and KA opened and walked right in. CC initially did not realize Mo was deceased as she often laid on the bath floor after a bike ride as the tile was cool.
I don’t know on the name. I usually cut no one slack, but the detective’s emphasis was on Anna….. Anna Mo….. it seemed….. and he looked more puzzled than deceptive it seemed. We will see. MOO

Last edited:
Ok. I’m officially in love with TA.

“We are all God’s lost children on their life trip trying to figure it out..”
- Teal Akerson

So good haha! What did Keith Morrison call him - a beach philosopher? I was cracking up.

Overall, a great episode. It was so satisfying to see the smug, overconfident Rick Colfer tell Keith Morrison 90 percent of his information was wrong and make proclamations about KA's slam dunk acquittal with the knowledge that not only was she found guilty, it was as slam dunk a case as I've seen in awhile.

I still tend to think Kaitlin’s sister was more involved with her escape. Hard to believe that IIRC her indication was that she had not loaned her her passport to flee. Yet she traveled on her sister’s passport and was headed to Costa Rica in her name, and not returning to Austin, TX. Wish that angle was explored better. MOO
IKWYM. But she did say she didn’t give it to her and testified under oath to that. (I’ve seen so many cases where family members won’t testify truthfully or at all so this gives her some credibility from me.) Unless they had some other evidence or KA saying it was given to her, I don’t think there’s much the authorities can do.

IKWYM. But she did say she didn’t give it to her and testified under oath to that. (I’ve seen so many cases where family members won’t testify truthfully or at all so this gives her some credibility from me.) Unless they had some other evidence or KA saying it was given to her, I don’t think there’s much the authorities can do.
Thanks for the thoughts. I agree with you. The other thing I realized later as to her sister and potential involvement. I would imagine that when the sister took KA to the airport for her flight, it was an international departure terminal and gate for Costa Rica. (Not domestic for ‘Austin, TX’ which was not the case, if I understood the sister’s statement.) MOO

Thanks for the thoughts. I agree with you. The other thing I realized later as to her sister and potential involvement. I would imagine that when the sister took KA to the airport for her flight, it was an international departure terminal and gate for Costa Rica. (Not domestic for ‘Austin, TX’ which was not the case, if I understood the sister’s statement.) MOO
Sister said she dropped her off at the airport w/Kaitlin saying she was returning to Austin. Later, Kaitlin called her and said she decided to drive back to TX. I’m guessing Kaitlin either used a shuttle or a cab to get to International. (I know Newark is a big airport but not sure how that works.)
Link: How was fugitive Kaitlin Armstrong caught? She answered U.S. Marshals' ad for a yoga instructor

Howry is the attorney representing the Wilson family in this civil case.

He said the purpose of this suit goes beyond compensation-- in making sure Armstrong can't benefit from her story.

"The process is about getting a judgment against her such that if she gets a movie deal, a book deal, a TV deal, and money is coming into her account in some way or another, then our judgment will stand in the way of her getting that money and enjoying it to her personal benefit."

Howry is the attorney representing the Wilson family in this civil case.

He said the purpose of this suit goes beyond compensation-- in making sure Armstrong can't benefit from her story.

"The process is about getting a judgment against her such that if she gets a movie deal, a book deal, a TV deal, and money is coming into her account in some way or another, then our judgment will stand in the way of her getting that money and enjoying it to her personal benefit."

I thought it was already illegal for a murderer to make money in that way. No?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back