Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is, we don't even know JS.
We don't know if she's immature or had a detached relationship with MS.
All we do know is what we've seen in interviews with her, when her child was missing.
Literally the worst possible time to make a first impression on anyone, is in a moment of trauma.

We don't know why the party was held at grandma's instead of at home.
We don't know who suggested it, or if someone preferred it.
We don't know why JS wasn't there.
We don't know if JS and MS had their own thing on her actual birthday the prior Thursday.
We don't know why JS allegedly asked SS drive MS to school.
We don't know the dynamics between JS, her mom and her sister.
We don't know if JS also called 911.
We don't know how JS has handled anything beyond what she's stated in her interviews.

I'm fully aware this is a rather unpopular take but there are loads of facts we just don't have.

jmo
The question is why do we not know some of these things. If JS had been open and honest and had nothing to hide about the party and what happened the evening before and day Madeline went missing we might have more of the questions you posed answered

The thing is, literally all we do know is what an officer wrote in a report.

We don't know what else she said.
We don't know how she said it.
We don't know if she was sobbing.
We don't know if she was a complete mess.
We don't know what impression she gave the officer taking her report.
We don't know if she later changed her statement to say no, she wasn't sure if it was that day or not.

And for that matter, we also don't know if she was aware of the SA and/or MS's death and/or the disposal of her body.

There's SO many facts that we simply don't know to be forming an opinion based on literally nothing but speculation.

jmo
We do know she either lied to LE or she lied in the news interview.
We now know one of the callers to 911 said MS was missing since 8am, which lines up with JS saying she last saw MS. at 8am.
We know MS was deceased earlier than this based on information provided by law enforcement.
So based on this, we know JS lied about seeing MS at 8 am. She may have also lied about seeing MS and saying goodnight and other things--on this, I agree we do not know and can only form opinions. and discuss our opinions.

I would think if JS. changed her statement LE would have updated on this? It is new information. If others know differently, fill me in.

Personally, I feel based on the duration of the abuse the disturbing nature and seeming frequency of the abuse, and the known fact JS worked from home, it seems sadly very difficult she was completely unaware. This was not a one time situation, or something like SS touched inappropriately or took a naked photo--we know he was brutally raping poor MS and documenting at least some of the abuse.

I'm a mom. I hate thinking any mom would know or suspect this and ignore it or worse. I hate thinking JS might have covered up for SS, but I think she did. I can't understand why she did, but she lied about when she last saw her missing daughter. We could quibble about the other things, and maybe find some common ground, but I can't wrap my head around that one. Unless something comes out where she was known to be so heavily drugged herself that she had no concept of time, I can't grasp it. She knew it was time for school if she knew someone needed to take MS. So if not sure of the exact time, say that. It matters here.

yes, she inferred Maddie was compromised so much as a 12-13 year old that she wouldnt know her 'full home address'. me: I dont believe that. JS: she 'left her phone at home, not unusual, she's forgetful (ADHD)'.... that happens on the day she is supposedly missing?

Im still maintaining, the key to understanding the full pic here, is knowing the movements of JS, SS and Madeline AFTER the party, that nite and into the morning--> where was SS, JS and Madeline during that time period. only an abbreviated version of SS and his movements have been released about the morning and afternoon.

so many gaps. and now the 911 calls..dont know if she called before the unnamed caller. when asked by the 911 operator the nature of the call, the caller says 'POSSIBLY the police'. when asked if Madeline had a cell phone, did I hear the caller telling the 911 operator that Madeline 'conveniently' left her phone at home?

why did JS tell the public her last interaction was at nite? why didnt she tell the public straight out, the last person with Madeline was SS dropping her off almost an hour before school at another location? which by the way was misleading, her constant use of the term we saw, we did, we we we storyline was not her personal account.
One thing I have noticed with JS is she confuses pronouns often. "We" dropped her off, well alright I can sort of see saying this if she viewed herself and SS as a team, however she corrects it and then changes back.

Now we know other people called 911, yet JS stated "I called 911....."

I'm not really sure what this means, if anything, but I find it strange. JS speaks English like a native speaker would, so I am certain this is not an issue related to fluency. It's really weird.

TIMELINE: Here’s where things stand in Madeline Soto case 1 month after her body was found​

Anthony Talcott, Digital Journalist
Published: April 4, 2024 at 11:08 PM

FEBRUARY 26

Madeline Soto was reported missing around 8 p.m. after Stephan Sterns — her mother’s boyfriend — reportedly dropped her off near Hunter’s Creek Middle School.

Soto’s mother went to the school around 4:30 p.m. to pick her up, but she was told that Soto had never come to school that day, according to investigators. In addition, Soto’s phone was left at home.

FEBRUARY 27

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office issued a release to the public about Soto’s disappearance, asking for information about her whereabouts.

FEBRUARY 28

A massive search was conducted by the sheriff’s office on Feb. 28.

Orange County Sheriff John Mina said that deputies accessed Soto’s phone, finding information that indicated she wanted to live in the woods when she turned 13 years old on Feb. 22.

He also said that deputies searched the area where she was last seen, areas where they’d received tips, and any areas where their investigative leads took them. Ultimately, the search came up empty.

However, the sheriff’s office announced that Sterns was arrested as the prime suspect in Soto’s disappearance.

In a release, investigators said that detectives discovered “disturbing images” when they searched Sterns’ phone, and a review of the device’s data showed that someone had tried to delete the evidence ahead of time.

The images and videos on his phone were “criminal and sexual in nature,” and detectives were able to pinpoint those crimes to the family’s home in Kissimmee, the release shows.

As a result, Sterns was arrested and held on no bond. He faces charges of sexual battery and possession of child sexual abuse materials.

“Stephan Sterns had an opportunity tonight to come clean with detectives and help lead them to information about Maddie’s disappearance,” Mina said. “Her loved ones deserve answers, and OCSO and the Kissimmee Police will not stop until we find Maddie.”

[…]

One thing I have noticed with JS is she confuses pronouns often. "We" dropped her off, well alright I can sort of see saying this if she viewed herself and SS as a team, however she corrects it and then changes back.

I'm not really sure what this means, if anything, but I find it strange. JS speaks English like a native speaker would, so I am certain this is not an issue related to fluency. It's really weird.
Could it be as simple as the timeline below? This is what makes the most sense to me because I'm not understanding how the 2nd 911 caller says "We've called 3 times" unless the calls in the video are out of order.

1) It's possible JS calls 911. (No record of her call is released).

2) (1st call in the video) Sounds like a young woman to me. Perhaps sister? Either way, it sounds like she is at G'ma's place of business as dispatch asked for the name of the business they are at. "She was last seen at the church next to Hunters Creek Middle school" (she's repeating what JS told her IMO).

I found it odd that this person, when asked if Maddie had a cell phone with her, she says "She doesn't. She had one but she left it at home. Conveniently today.". errrr... conveniently? How is it "convenient" that a missing juvenile left her phone at home the day she went missing (and was killed)? That's a VERY odd response IMO and sounds a tad like a JS-ish response to me.

Then she said JS & G'ma were going to go to the school to double check. Dispatch wanted to make sure someone was going to be at the business when LE arrived since some of the party was leaving. I'd think the mother would want to stick around to talk to LE and send the sister and G'ma to check the school again. It just seems like double avoidance to me (didn't make this 911 call and then might not have wanted to be there when LE arrived so off "double checking" the school. Why is it that the one I perceive to be the sister the one that is holding the reins?

3) 4:43 in (2nd 911 call in the video) IMO this is G'ma making the call. She's the one saying "we've already called 3 times". So, either the calls in the video are out of order, or this is possibly the 3rd call (the 2nd one in the video). I'm leaning toward the latter after listening to the 3rd call in this video.

4) 5:58 (3rd 911 call in the video) Same voice as 1st call in video. Said she had called not that long ago (so likely sister).

Video here for reference: 911 callers report Madeline Soto missing

I found it odd that this person, when asked if Maddie had a cell phone with her, she says "She doesn't. She had one but she left it at home. Conveniently today.". errrr... conveniently? How is it "convenient" that a missing juvenile left her phone at home the day she went missing (and was killed)? That's a VERY odd response IMO and sounds a tad like a JS-ish response to me.
Perhaps because JS and SS were pushing a "she's run off" theory very early on. So, Maddie leaving her phone at home would mean that conveniently for Maddie the phone could not be used to track her.

Perhaps because JS and SS were pushing a "she's run off" theory very early on. So, Maddie leaving her phone at home would mean that conveniently for Maddie the phone could not be used to track her.
Bingo.
I think she knew Maddie was gone when she was giving the interviews.
Where I started to side eye everything was when she was almost annoyed at Maddie in her second interview and he was very “emotional”.
The moment SHE then comforts HIM is where it all went sideways for me.
Was it because she knew it fell on him to drive Maddie’s body into the “woods”?
Something happened, he could have told her it was an accident or Maddie died in front of both of them and the cover up starts.
Just something I started to ponder…

IMO, the only accurate timeline we have are SS's movements the day police believe Maddie was killed.

For those that feel JS is involved based on her statements about communicating /seeing Maddie, is it possible:
1) That she said the last time she spoke with Maddie was that Sunday night because that is when she actually had a conversation with her?
2) Could she have seen Maddie getting dressed very early Monday morning, maybe just said hi or have a good day and THOUGHT it was 8am because this is the time she would usually be getting up and dressed?

*As for a clock-I haven't slept with one in my bedroom in over 10 years. If I want to know the actual time, I have to pick up my phone. Perhaps this is something that JS does as well.

The question is why do we not know some of these things. If JS had been open and honest and had nothing to hide about the party and what happened the evening before and day Madeline went missing we might have more of the questions you posed answered
We don't need to know anything except that a tragic SA and murder happened, and a suspect is in custody waiting court and more charges. JS owes us nothing, whether or not she was spaced out, naive, suspected something or did something. If LE doesn't want to tell us anything, why would we expect JS to tell us anything? If warranted, the courts will deal with her sooner or later.
MOO

Could it be as simple as the timeline below? This is what makes the most sense to me because I'm not understanding how the 2nd 911 caller says "We've called 3 times" unless the calls in the video are out of order.

1) It's possible JS calls 911. (No record of her call is released).

2) (1st call in the video) Sounds like a young woman to me. Perhaps sister? Either way, it sounds like she is at G'ma's place of business as dispatch asked for the name of the business they are at. "She was last seen at the church next to Hunters Creek Middle school" (she's repeating what JS told her IMO).

Then she said JS & G'ma were going to go to the school to double check. Dispatch wanted to make sure someone was going to be at the business when LE arrived since some of the party was leaving. I'd think the mother would want to stick around to talk to LE and send the sister and G'ma to check the school again. It just seems like double avoidance to me (didn't make this 911 call and then might not have wanted to be there when LE arrived so off "double checking" the school. Why is it that the one I perceive to be the sister the one that is holding the reins?

3) 4:43 in (2nd 911 call in the video) IMO this is G'ma making the call. She's the one saying "we've already called 3 times". So, either the calls in the video are out of order, or this is possibly the 3rd call (the 2nd one in the video). I'm leaning toward the latter after listening to the 3rd call in this video.

4) 5:58 (3rd 911 call in the video) Same voice as 1st call in video. Said she had called not that long ago (so likely sister).

Video here for reference: 911 callers report Madeline Soto missing
It is really weird they said "conveniently". I'm not sure what to make of that, especially as we're not sure who the caller is? I know someone posted they thought they heard part of the word sister, and I think it seems likely it is MS aunt, so maybe "conveniently" is just weird word choice? As in "...and wouldn't you know, today of all days she leaves it at home"

I think sometimes our brains also make sense of things before we really catch on fully as well. So perhaps she was putting it together that it was a bit odd--aka "convenient" that MS happens to not have her phone on the day she goes missing?

I'm almost certain that caller is not JS, but not 100% certain.

I think that is the 3rd call--i.e we have called 3 times.

It is really weird they said "conveniently". I'm not sure what to make of that, especially as we're not sure who the caller is? I know someone posted they thought they heard part of the word sister, and I think it seems likely it is MS aunt, so maybe "conveniently" is just weird word choice? As in "...and wouldn't you know, today of all days she leaves it at home"

I think sometimes our brains also make sense of things before we really catch on fully as well. So perhaps she was putting it together that it was a bit odd--aka "convenient" that MS happens to not have her phone on the day she goes missing?

I'm almost certain that caller is not JS, but not 100% certain.

I think that is the 3rd call--i.e we have called 3 times.
I am 100% certain is not JS because caller #1 was asked if she was calling on behalf of the parent and she replied "Yes. Yes, on behalf of the mother. She's right here". Plus, she asked JS what she was last wearing when the dispatcher asked for a description of her clothing. You can hear her say "Jen, what was she last wearing?".

That was all said in the first 85 seconds of the video. That was the same caller that said it was "conveniently today" about her not having her cell phone with her that day.

they said "conveniently". I'm not sure what to make of that, especially as we're not sure who the caller is?

I think we're under the impression this is Jennifer's sister calling. (We've seen her interviewed. She has a similar tone.) This is absolutely being sarcastic/mad. Like. "Of all days, she forgets her phone today!? Sigh."

At this point I don't think sister is placing blame on Jenn. But that was then.

I said the same thing last night regarding the pronouns. I'm glad someone else picked up on that.

Know this has been discussed ad nauseum, (my apologies)

I can make no sense of the order of events after the attempted school pickup. Mom's already AT school but doesn't go in, call, or speak to anyone there (staff etc)

Instead of just calling grandma/her mother to see if Madeline is at her office, she drives over?

It's like what should have been a call initially wound up being a drive to see for herself and what should have been a go in and see for yourself plus call wound up being just an e-mail sometime later?

Then no call to police until 8pm?

I can make no sense of the order of events after the attempted school pickup. Mom's already AT school but doesn't go in, call, or speak to anyone there (staff etc)

Instead of just calling grandma/her mother to see if Madeline is at her office, she drives over?

It's like what should have been a call initially wound up being a drive to see for herself and what should have been a go in and see for yourself plus call wound up being just an e-mail sometime later?

RBBM
The calls to the police were made from 4.30 ish to 5ish IIRC it was 8PM when the police responded to the call.
The office was a block or two over. If she thought she had gone there, MS could still be walking there, so why not drive to see if you can spot her on the way?
It has been mentioned several times that there could be many reasons for not going into the school.

Reply to your last question. It's odd to me that the 911 calls released a day or two ago didn't come with any information about what time they were made.

I inferred, however, that they were made well earlier than 8 p.m.

Reply to your last question. It's odd to me that the 911 calls released a day or two ago didn't come with any information about what time they were made.

I inferred, however, that they were made well earlier than 8 p.m.
Oh my mistake! I thought it was recently mentioned here that the call was made at that time. Am I losing it/mixing up cases or was it a rumor?

Edited to add: 1 page back, post #244 with a timeline of events lists the time she was reported missing as "around 8pm"

TIMELINE: Here’s where things stand in Madeline Soto case 1 month after her body was found​

Anthony Talcott, Digital Journalist
Published: April 4, 2024 at 11:08 PM

FEBRUARY 26

Madeline Soto was reported missing around 8 p.m.
after Stephan Sterns — her mother’s boyfriend — reportedly dropped her off near Hunter’s Creek Middle School.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

It seems some/many members haven't read Tricia's post at the beginning of this thread:

You may discuss the mom as a possible suspect based on what has been reported in MSM.

You may NOT trash this woman into the dirt.

Members who do not post accordingly may face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Some cases don't have an arrest for years, even when LE knows who committed the crime. It takes time to legally gather and analyze evidence, conduct interviews, and get toxicology reports. Real life isn't like tv shows where they wrap up cases in an hour. The main suspect is behind bars and not going anywhere, so I am not sure why some are wanting the case rushed by LE. If mom is involved, she will be arrested in due time.
Hi! I’m new here. Why haven’t charges been filed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59