Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #180

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worried about this as well. It's not like he'd have to be a genius to know if he starts acting like this, nobody's going to be able to rely on what he says about many things, maybe anything. But it would take a certain type of mind to actually go this extra mile to prove madness. Unfortunately, it's the same type of mind that would be required to do what he's accused of to begin with. And the katana makes me nervous as well. That's a sword associated with seppuku, killing yourself to avoid dishonor at the hands of enemies, inspiring the "fall on one's sword" idea. Just noting, if this guy is actually BG, he is shielding his dangerousness and cruelty with craftiness. Is "Rick" really this crafty? You know, maybe? Everyone wants to believe he's not, but unfortunately, maybe he really is. Things might become more clear at the trial. MOO.
Bbm
RA is in a correctional facility full of seasoned people that give free advice. Also he may have witnessed this type of behavior by an inmate.
Or he just may have been clever enough to think it up himself. Or he researched it beforehand. Or lastly, he could have gone mad when he realized he had made his bed and now had to lie in it.
JMO

Worried about this as well. It's not like he'd have to be a genius to know if he starts acting like this, nobody's going to be able to rely on what he says about many things, maybe anything. But it would take a certain type of mind to actually go this extra mile to prove madness. Unfortunately, it's the same type of mind that would be required to do what he's accused of to begin with. And the katana makes me nervous as well. That's a sword associated with seppuku, killing yourself to avoid dishonor at the hands of enemies, inspiring the "fall on one's sword" idea. Just noting, if this guy is actually BG, he is shielding his dangerousness and cruelty with craftiness. Is "Rick" really this crafty? You know, maybe? Everyone wants to believe he's not, but unfortunately, maybe he really is. Things might become more clear at the trial. MOO.
The katana was the largest of the three bladed weapons carried into battle. It was the primary samurai sword. The other two were more likely to be used in seppuku.

“The main weapon used was the samurai's knife called tantō or the short sword, called wakizashi. A samurai who wants to commit seppuku would take the weapon, open his kimono and stab the blade into his belly. He would make a deep cut from Right to left. An assistant of the warrior committing seppuku (called kaishakunin) would immediately cut off his head.”

But this was supposedly a mini katana, not something you would see in hara-kari.
Or likely battle. I know of no tradition of mini-katanas. Googling the term gets you a confusing mess. It’s the name of an online site that will sell you replica katanas among other things. It’s also a term applied to knives shaped like katanas and various toy junk items. Hard to say what RA had without more info.

This is the D motion to conduct an interview with Westville inmate JLJ. It's been approved.
IMO One doesn't have to make wild guesses as to how the molestation issue came up and why the D needs to interview this guy. He specifically got my attention because his case is out of Elkhart County.
I'm really curious how he came in contact with RA. I'll be watching his case closely for an early release.

Look here: Indiana Incarcerated Database Search 271835
Then here: Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase 20D03-2003-F4-000017
Be sure to look at this one for the details: 20D01-2003-MC-000995 (PCA)

We know it isn't the choir boys that are incarcerated to begin with FG.

I'm glad Judge Gull gave approval for the D to interview him, I want them to have access to every and anything they need to defend RA. I want this to be a fair trial, I want RA to be found guilty BARD by evidence, and then I want him to go away forever. This case has drug on far too long for everyone.

I'm sick of talking about RA, R&B, DH, all the SM hangers on, Judge Gull, NMcL etc. I want Justice for Abby & Libby and then maybe the families will be able to take one small step towards healing. When I think of all they've had to see, read and endure by this disgraceful fiasco it's heartbreaking.

JMO

I agree - seems implausible.

I'd be much more inclined to believe that the accused decided to act crazy. Not a doctor (obvs!) but the whole faeces business could be contrived by someone who has limited ways to act out. Being psychotic doesn't necessarily mean you start doing that sort of thing.
Normally I would agree, but.. if you are truly not psychotic and have acclimated, even according to the D, to incarceration since Nov being cordial, helpful, respectful, good natured etc., that sure is one quick fire way to present as one.

I know most posters think it's an impossibility that RA thought (or was suggested to) that his goose was cooked after his non coerced confessions to his wife and mother were discovered. What could explain away such a bizarre thing, innocent people don't confess right?

Psychotic, innocent people might though. I know I am jaded against this defendant, but I can totally see RA being able to pull off a months worth of inexplicable mental behavior (no sleeping, no eating except court docs, drooling, etc.) in an attempt to negate the un-negatable confessions to wife and mom and any passersby, inmate, janitor, etc.

Crazy like a fox is what RA seems to me, he went right back to eating, sleeping, showering and participating in rec time with no problems.

JMO

I'm sick of talking about RA, R&B, DH, all the SM hangers on, Judge Gull, NMcL etc. I want Justice for Abby & Libby and then maybe the families will be able to take one small step towards healing. When I think of all they've had to see, read and endure by this disgraceful fiasco it's heartbreaking.
There's no "good" way to have your loved one slaughtered. IMHO this has been a shitshow from Feb 13th, 2017. I can't even imagine. I remember an interview with KG where she said she went to her sister's grave and yelled at her after learning about KK communications. I just keep thinking how differently this all should have been handled, in almost every aspect.

There's no "good" way to have your loved one slaughtered. IMHO this has been a shitshow from Feb 13th, 2017. I can't even imagine. I remember an interview with KG where she said she went to her sister's grave and yelled at her after learning about KK communications. I just keep thinking how differently this all should have been handled, in almost every aspect.

True but then it should be avoided at all costs to keep piling on the pain and suffering.

Which unfortunately they have had to endure time and time again. Including the unimaginable leaking of their daughters at the crime scene photos which have been sent around god knows where. It’s a travesty and they still have the trial to go. Thank god there won’t be any cameras to make it even worse for them.

Moo

Last edited:
It's beyond horrible but the crap show was started by the MURDERER, not LE, not the families, not the attorneys. There is one person to lay the blame on - the murderer of Abby & Libby. Everybody else just got sucked into a mind blowing set of events, mistakes being made on both sides that I have no problem admitting.

I believe LE, ISP and the FBI did the best they do with the information they had at the time. I believe we will know a lot more of their process and thinking at trial. We've only heard the D's side (around the gag order), there is also the P's side.

One month from today...tick tock. :eek:

MOO

I'd like to but no can do. Thanks for sharing the link, though.

Do they have some inside info that wasn't included in the filings or is it more of their interpretations?

It is mostly their interpretations.

They did clarify a couple of things:
One is that his confessions were numerous and that he did claim to have molested specific people other than the girls.

They (MS) believe that the Defense really need to get these confessions thrown out or they won't be able to get past them.

The newest filing might just be more damaging to their case than previous ones released. They have basically proven the need to have RA kept away from Gen Pop, that he did and does in fact not belong in a "normal".jail setting. The dude eats feces, smears his body with his own waste and drinks out of the toilet like it is a soda fountain.

Yeah, let's put him in gen pop and see how that plays out. What could go wrong?

Quite curious is his over willingness to say he is a child molester. Admitting to the murders to his family could have been a way to absolve his own guilt. Admitting it to inmates is vastly different. You don't get street cred for killing kids. But, let's sprinkle that with being a molester too. Inmates don't like molesting child killers.

Sounds to me like RA had a moment that made him want to put an end to the questions. I personally think he wanted to make a guilty plea, a confession... but, his lawyers convinced him that he had an excellent chance of walking.

The attorneys, in my opinion, have made this case almost impossible for him to get a return of not guilty from the jury.

Sometimes, less really is more!

JMO

I'd like to but no can do. Thanks for sharing the link, though.

Do they have some inside info that wasn't included in the filings or is it more of their interpretations?
One notable part is how the MS feels like RA's behavior (during psychosis) only emphasizes why he should have been where he was in Westville segregation unit, mentioning over and over about the suicide watch and depression.

While I do appreciate that perspective on keeping him safe, once again, there is a lot of information being assumed that the public simply doesn't have access to, like RA's mental health prior to his arrival at Westville. If you look at the code TL used in his Motion for Safekeeping, it doesn't appear RA's mental health was the reason for the move, specifically this line: For the purpose of this chapter, an inmate is not considered in danger of serious bodily injury or death due to an illness or other medical condition.

Now, I freely admit I'm not a lawyer, so I might be misinterpreting that last bolded line, so please anyone correct me, for my own understanding. But we also have the D saying he was relatively normal acting until mid-March. If he was covering himself and eating his own feces in Carroll Co or White Co., why not send him to one of the designated mental health service facilities like where he's at in Wabash?

I'll also note, while I do agree that the D uses colorful language to try to persuade (and I also think the P does the same thing), the "human experiment" term struck me more as a reference to RA's chemical state at a time while his meds were being adjusted. It is what it is, even if the prison staff are Florence Nightingales, they can't change a person's reaction to medication changes. JMO. Whether or not RA's "confessions" during that time hold value, IDK...

------------------------------------------
Section 35-33-11-1 - Inmate in county jail in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death or represents substantial threat to safety of others, Ind. Code § 35-33-11-1 | Casetext Search + Citator
Section 35-33-11-1 - Inmate in county jail in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death or represents substantial threat to safety of others

Upon motion by the:

(1) sheriff;(2) prosecuting attorney;(3) defendant or his counsel;(4) attorney general; or(5) court;
alleging that an inmate in a county jail awaiting trial is in danger of serious bodily injury or death or represents a substantial threat to the safety of others, the court shall determine whether the inmate is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death, or represents a substantial threat to the safety of others. If the court finds that the inmate is in danger of serious bodily injury or death or represents a substantial threat to the safety of others, it shall order the sheriff to transfer the inmate to another county jail or to a facility of the department of correction designated by the commissioner of the department as suitable for the confinement of that prisoner and provided that space is available.
For the purpose of this chapter, an inmate is not considered in danger of serious bodily injury or death due to an illness or other medical condition.
-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
It is mostly their interpretations.

They did clarify a couple of things:
One is that his confessions were numerous and that he did claim to have molested specific people other than the girls.

They (MS) believe that the Defense really need to get these confessions thrown out or they won't be able to get past them.

The newest filing might just be more damaging to their case than previous ones released. They have basically proven the need to have RA kept away from Gen Pop, that he did and does in fact not belong in a "normal".jail setting. The dude eats feces, smears his body with his own waste and drinks out of the toilet like it is a soda fountain.

Yeah, let's put him in gen pop and see how that plays out. What could go wrong?

Quite curious is his over willingness to say he is a child molester. Admitting to the murders to his family could have been a way to absolve his own guilt. Admitting it to inmates is vastly different. You don't get street cred for killing kids. But, let's sprinkle that with being a molester too. Inmates don't like molesting child killers.

Sounds to me like RA had a moment that made him want to put an end to the questions. I personally think he wanted to make a guilty plea, a confession... but, his lawyers convinced him that he had an excellent chance of walking.

The attorneys, in my opinion, have made this case almost impossible for him to get a return of not guilty from the jury.

Sometimes, less really is more!

JMO

yep admitting that is absolutely moronic. No wonder they wanted the confessions thrown out as it’s so damning.

Crazy or not the fact he is having visions of moslesting children is never gonna go over well in front of a jury IMO

I believe LE, ISP and the FBI did the best they do with the information they had at the time.
This is where we disagree. Drastically.
I wonder if we will ever learn why this was so catastrophically handled. For starters - taking five years to do the most basic and obvious job in crime investigation - clearing the people known by name to be near the scene at the time of the crime. How much evidence has been destroyed by the killer over those five years? Or by LE?

This is where we disagree. Drastically.
I wonder if we will ever learn why this was so catastrophically handled. For starters - taking five years to do the most basic and obvious job in crime investigation - clearing the people known by name to be near the scene at the time of the crime. How much evidence has been destroyed by the killer over those five years? Or by LE?

I wonder why RA gave his statement to a conservation officer?
Was that strategic on his part?
Did he "know" Dan Dulin?
Was it just because DD was an official for the trails?
What type of power does a conservation officer have?
If I was going to offer a statement, I am pretty sure I would walk myself into my local police department.

JMO

If that actually is the case, it would be incredibly alarming for all. This would be the act of someone so wily, scheming and manipulative that he could literally get away with murder. And it would fit with what might emerge as a pattern. If RA reported to LE he had the phone on the trail but in fact did not, it's the same wily type of behavior, he "slips through the cracks" later and does not even become a suspect. It would fit with his surge of panic over the "Odinite guards," and personally, I wouldn't even have made the connection in his situation to the patches. He did, though, even though he's supposed to be so mentally distracted while incarcerated. And it might even fit weirdly with the phone with his image recovered at the scene. He seems perhaps like he wants to be exposed, he wants to be seen-- but only to a point. In the end, he still wants to get away with murder, MOO. And tragically, it might also line up with the CS generally, and its ritualistic qualities. It's been suggested that was done to misdirect LE.
So maybe it was. RA went through a pretty intense program of study to become a pharmacist, it's a STEM focused program and he'd have to be highly intelligent to do it. One would also have to be highly intelligent to have gotten so close to escaping punishment for heinous murders. All MOO, but if he's convicted, I hope they start looking at other murders with similarly distinctive CSs in the area because a pattern like that starts looking like an SK. The "involvement of others" might be pretty indirect in nature in that he uses them to find victims.
My understanding is that RA is not a pharmacist; he’s a pharmacy tech. Big difference in educational requirements, pay, and responsibilities IMO.

We know it isn't the choir boys that are incarcerated to begin with FG.

I'm glad Judge Gull gave approval for the D to interview him, I want them to have access to every and anything they need to defend RA. I want this to be a fair trial, I want RA to be found guilty BARD by evidence, and then I want him to go away forever. This case has drug on far too long for everyone.

JMO
I never expected choir boys. It's just interesting who he confessed to. In your sleuthing, did you happen to notice where two of them are from?

I'll also be fine with RA being found guilty through solid evidence.

You say you're sick of talking about it all. I am too.
We still continue to do it, on and on and on. don't we? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member