TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

I notice Williams Dr is close to a Walgreens (not in screen shot) OR...in the google maps screen shot above, the pink denotes a medical center on Williams Dr. Maybe that is the area of the phone ping (rather than the Williams drive next to The Cottages Apartments). Why would they announce, then walk it back? Is that also where the picture of the drainage ditch was taken? I originally assumed it was taken closer to the apartments.
The 3:12am ping has been controversial thus far unless the CCPD have cleared up the confusion recently surrounding this "shared location" ping". Caleb's father said in a YouTube video, they are unsure if this ping is actually legitimate, and the CCPD is not 100% convinced and refer to it as a possible "anomaly".

I've posted a link below but if the link doesn't work, you can find the interview with retired FBI Jen Coffindafer. they begin discussing it at the 7:00 mark.

He may have turned off the phone to hide his location.
Mind blown! Just realized this connection thank you! I always felt that the perp turned off his phone or something happened because no one just turns their phones off. But yes - your friends and family can track your location (I track my kids sorry but I do) through several apps and he would NOT want to track to somewhere he shouldn't be. I feel strongly that this sort of activity was his secret for after the roommates when to sleep.

If he was using a no-contract phone (what you are referring to as a "burner" phone), then why did he use his contract phone to send the snapchat photo of the bridge? Wouldn't he have used the no-contract phone to send the photo if it was related to some pre-arranged plan?
In my opinion I do not think the snapchat was related to what occured that night. I think that was snapped as he was waiting for something,

There needs to be more media coverage. Everyone I've talked to locally has never heard of Caleb and I am in south Texas.
I had actually thought there was a lot: mainstream news media, News Nation with Brian Entin; Nancy Grace,YouTube, Facebook and Reddit; here, online and physical posters, searches.

Could law enforcement be working on a viable lead and not want or need the exposure right now? I hope so; otherwise 7 weeks is too long.

***My family/friends never know what I’m talk about either: Whether Caleb, Sebastian Rogers, Riley Strain, Kiley Rodni. A lot of people miss true crime stories even if it’s all over social media and mainstream media. I guess even in South Texas many don’t notice a story like that.

Last edited:
There needs to be more media coverage. Everyone I've talked to locally has never heard of Caleb and I am in south Texas.
I’m from the generation where they put missing people on the back of milk cartons and that still didnt get me interested in who’s missing. It’s almost like it’s so common for people to go missing for various reasons that we here in America are immune to posters and flyers of missing people.

The only reason this caught my attention (and this is a first for me) was the fact that there was a possibility he may or may not have been abducted due to possible online activities . I remember living on the edge, I remember party chat lines and meet ups, AOL chat rooms etc. And it made me feel aweful that someone could potentially do “whatever” to a person and now they go missing…..ohhh the number of friends of mine who have done the same thing in this chat and online hook up app stuff. Sigh…..

But We do need to do better in paying attention. Even amber alerts don’t phase us anymore….

I’m wondering why some think that IF he may have met someone that picked him up he had to have known them? Is it somehow more risky to meet someone for the first time in a vehicle as it might be somewhere both arrive separately especially if that location is not public? Is that some generally accepted boundary that I’m unaware of?

My belief would be that it does appear he got in a vehicle. He may have ordered Uber eats as the ruse for his roommates to understand why he was going outside again. He may have turned off the phone to hide his location. What happened from there is the mystery, but I go with planned assault from perp as there is no arrest. No press conference, no vehicle alert. And I’m concerned.
Well stated theory...and makes some sense to me...I guess I never had anyone (family or friend) tracking my location so I didn't even think about him turning off his own phone. My thought was that his phone pinged from the UberEats text (that the food is at the front door). Whoever he was with heard it and, well, the phone was turned off.

I'm concerned too.

Questions Ive been thinking about:
I wonder if his roommates will continue to live at the apartment?
I’m surprised the roommates are being extremely tight lipped as it appears none of them have been interviewed, how did they pull that off?
I wonder if Caleb’s car is somewhere being fingerprinted, or did his dad take the car back home?
What happens to all his classes he was registered for this semester? Will he get F’s or Withdraw?
Is Caleb’s clothing still in the apartment or did his parents clear everything out.

Sorry just been thinking about what goes on behinds the scenes when someone goes missing….
I think grades are the least of their concerns. agree with the rest.

Early on, Caleb's father said that Caleb had just signed a lease on an apartment for next year. If that is the case, then I am guessing that his current lease ends in May when the academic year ends and we know that Caleb was planning to work in Alaska for the summer and with a new lease for the fall recently signed, then after Alaska he was planning to return to a leased apartment in August when the 2024-2025 academic year begins.

April would be the time of year when college students are securing housing for the fall if they are leaving the area for the summer or moving home with their parents for the summer months. So it does sound like Caleb was planning to return to his classes in the fall and had made arrangements for his housing for the next academic year.

If he was using a no-contract phone (what you are referring to as a "burner" phone), then why did he use his contract phone to send the snapchat photo of the bridge? Wouldn't he have used the no-contract phone to send the photo if it was related to some pre-arranged plan?
I think grades are the least of their concerns. agree with the rest.

I’ve been thinking this too. That’s a super strict (and just unreasonable) allowance. Could it have been a punishment?
Would love to see a link with this, and what is defined as 'spending money' vs. food etc., If this is a total of $20- a week, there is a lot more to the story than meets the eye. I am thinking the stress of this allowance, possibly stress on signing a new lease that he may not have wanted. Sounds like his father had hopes of him being an environmental lawyer. And the ' you are not in trouble message the parents sent out to help find him'. Possibly the stress got to much for him. May not be the case here, but I would be forced to look for additional sources of income with that allowance.

He did wait for everyone to go to bed that night.

Caleb's roommate had just gone to bed, then Caleb orderd his food, then walked the dog and then went back outside, ostensibly to wait for his uber eats.
And clearly in the video, another room mate had picked up the dog to carry it inside. It does not sit right with me that someone would take the dog that aanother room mate at 3am ish is carrying to keep playing outside with the dog. AND that he was staying up to order Uber Eats. Kids are glued to their phones. They will order it in bed, on the sofa, standing up. An order takes about 30 seconds. You do not 'stay up' to order Uber eats. To me this is looking more and more like a pre-planned event. I am just a bit baffled that he was barefooted. That he had a $20- a week spending allowance (huge red flag that not everything is warm and cozy). Trying to find source docs. to this allowance. The stress of living on a spending allowance of $20- a week would be unbearable.

Last edited:
I scrolled and “read” through about 20 posts and none registered. Not a one.
I’m still processing $20 weekly allowance.
For a college kid.
In his 20s.
In today’s economy.

Even a middle schooler who literally can have all expenses paid, can’t do much with $20 at a mall. Maybe a movie ticket. Sorry, kid. No popcorn for you.
Trying to find a source document for this $20- per week.

Trying to find a source document for this $20- per week.

At the link below from Thread 1, about 37:20 in, dad talks about how he might “slip him a 20,” or his mom or nana might give him some cash. Dad said they wanted Caleb’s focus to be on school. He and dad shared a bank acct and a credit card so Caleb had access to money if he really needed it. (I haven’t found the Nancy Grace interview yet.)

Would love to see a link with this, and what is defined as 'spending money' vs. food etc., If this is a total of $20- a week, there is a lot more to the story than meets the eye. I am thinking the stress of this allowance, possibly stress on signing a new lease that he may not have wanted. Sounds like his father had hopes of him being an environmental lawyer. And the ' you are not in trouble message the parents sent out to help find him'. Possibly the stress got to much for him. May not be the case here, but I would be forced to look for additional sources of income with that allowance.
Just my own thoughts... but a college student can also work, you know. And frankly, my parents rarely were even able to give me $20. I was extremely grateful when they did.

I said this already, but It seems to me that Caleb’s parents are very generous with him, as I think of all the things he had that enabled him to enjoy his hobbies. Kayak, fishing rods, reels, tackle, waders, hunting guns. I think I recall he played guitar, and surfed. He probably has his own guitar and surfboard, too, JMO. I’m presuming his parents bought him all these things.

With myself, I do carry more than $20 in cash in my wallet, but really, in thinking about it, I rarely use it. We use our credit card wherever we can—and in most places, we can.

I’m sure Caleb used a debit or credit card (connected to his parents’ account) for most things he purchased in his day to day, too, and maybe, like me, rarely needs the cash money. JMO

Caleb seemed to have a good relationship with his parents. I recall the dad saying he and Caleb were texting back and forth about fishing lures before he went missing. And he spent time with his mom the week prior.

When I was his age, I had a very stiff relationship with my parents. The kind where my perception was: the less said, the better. :confused: So, comparing to my own experience, Caleb’s relationship with his parents sounds relaxed and loving, IMO.

At the link below from Thread 1, about 37:20 in, dad talks about how he might “slip him a 20,” or his mom or nana might give him some cash. Dad said they wanted Caleb’s focus to be on school. He and dad shared a bank acct and a credit card so Caleb had access to money if he really needed it. (I haven’t found the Nancy Grace interview yet.)

Thanks for this I've been searching, and finally found it on coffindoffer ( you beat me to it) Nice to have these links. When you listen to it, it presents a much different narrative.
sounds more like he had plenty of access to cards (credit/debit) and didn't carry around a lot of cash unless the parents slipped him a 20 when they were down there. Doesn't sound like he was limited financially.

Thanks for this I've been searching, and finally found it on coffindoffer ( you beat me to it) Nice to have these links. When you listen to it, it presents a much different narrative.
sounds more like he had plenty of access to cards (credit/debit) and didn't carry around a lot of cash unless the parents slipped him a 20 when they were down there. Doesn't sound like he was limited financially.

Thank you for putting to rest the whole idea that Caleb was receiving an allowance of $20. This apparently was just an interpretation someone made way back on this forum that got repeated over and over again. The parents were very generous with Caleb's finances, he appears to have had full access to credit and debit cards that he shared with his father who could monitor them to make sure that the expenditures didn't get out of hand, but that the transaction remained reasonable for a young man in college. Nothing "punitive" or "odd" about it that I can see - I see just the opposite, generous and self-sacrificing parents who want the best for their son's happiness and success.

Last edited:
I said this already, but It seems to me that Caleb’s parents are very generous with him, as I think of all the things he had that enabled him to enjoy his hobbies. Kayak, fishing rods, reels, tackle, waders, hunting guns. I think I recall he played guitar, and surfed. He probably has his own guitar and surfboard, too, JMO. I’m presuming his parents bought him all these things.

With myself, I do carry more than $20 in cash in my wallet, but really, in thinking about it, I rarely use it. We use our credit card wherever we can—and in most places, we can.

I’m sure Caleb used a debit or credit card (connected to his parents’ account) for most things he purchased in his day to day, too, and maybe, like me, rarely needs the cash money. JMO

Caleb seemed to have a good relationship with his parents. I recall the dad saying he and Caleb were texting back and forth about fishing lures before he went missing. And he spent time with his mom the week prior.

When I was his age, I had a very stiff relationship with my parents. The kind where my perception was: the less said, the better. :confused: So, comparing to my own experience, Caleb’s relationship with his parents sounds relaxed and loving, IMO.
I’m sure his parents are loving. However, sometimes loving and generous parents can still get a college age kid stressed and nervous: Anxious that he may let them down, or not live up to their standards, ecxpectations, and ideals.

Just saying this in light of a few other cases where unbeknownst to the parents, the college kid was stressed and fearful of disappointing them. It’s just a factor to consider.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back