OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t think there was any way, even if things went precisely to plan, that these morons had a chance.

Apparently they’re not big fans of Mark Twain, as they subscribe to the philosophy of the best way to keep a secret is to involve as many people as possible.
It was so obvious. Motive was blatant. Opportunity was there.

They were sloppy. I wonder if it blew up so quickly that they panicked and just buried the bodies as soon as they could. They may have had another plan but the heat was on immediately and they couldn’t follow through with it. So incredibly stupid to bury the bodies on your own property (Chuck Daybell/Lori Vallow anyone?)

I also do wonder if drugs are involved which could have affected some decision making. Shocked at TA’s appearance.

MOO

I imagine the body location was where they planned, as they didn’t appear to do anything to buy themselves a great deal of time, which they’d need to carry out some of the more creative things people have speculated.

I think we’re looking at a pre-dug hole.
That’s what I was thinking. Maybe even in a not so shallow grave?

I wonder if the neighbor guy was smirking in his mugshot because he knew he had some goods on grandma? Maybe the "if I'm going down, she's going down with me" mindset. Maybe he's the one talking (if any of the four are talking)?

I imagine the body location was where they planned, as they didn’t appear to do anything to buy themselves a great deal of time, which they’d need to carry out some of the more creative things people have speculated.

Agreed.
"We'll just put them right here in my back 40. I'm a sovereign citizen and I'll just tell law enforcement they can't step foot on my property."

They were sloppy. I wonder if it blew up so quickly that they panicked and just buried the bodies as soon as they could. They may have had another plan but the heat was on immediately and they couldn’t follow through with it.

this also really makes me wonder what the thought process of the murderers was for JK- I go back and forth thinking they knew there’d be collateral damage to their ultimate goal of “getting” VB, versus JK being there wasn’t thought through in the “planning” and so it presented a last minute change, which may have led to some sloppy mistakes at the time of attack.
Or- it’s likely they knew VB would be accompanied and probably even knew it would be JK, and perhaps they didn’t originally have nefarious plans for JK but something changed and they decided she knew or saw too much?

Just wondering out loud because the JK piece still doesn’t make much sense to me… although I’d say that’s a good sign for the moral compass of us here, that we can’t make sense of senseless killings.

If they pre-dug a hole, it's just even more horrific. I think when people kill and then panic and dig a hole, it's a result of desperation and panic, but to dig a hole before you commit the murder is just so evil.

This is so overwhelmingly sad to me! My late husband was a Prosecutor for many years and I’ve heard of a lot of sad cases, but this one is one of the saddest. A young wife to a Minister is trying to help people in need by Supervising visitations with their children and gets murdered in the process. It’s so senseless! Another young Mom picking the kids up for a party is also ambushed. I have no comprehension how the Twombly’s decided to go along with this planned ambush. I feel the prison system will keep them separated so they can’t come up with the same story. Thank you to all the LE who worked tirelessly and risked their lives arresting these four!

Yeah people who commit crimes never think they’ll get caught. Maybe someone was supposed to drive and hide the vehicle somewhere and failed to cooperate?
Possibly. Leaving the auto which was fortunately found so quickly must have been critical to the investigation. Also, perhaps TA and friends thought it would remain with the local sheriff's department. Fortunately, first thing the sheriff did was turn it over to the state agency and the FBI came onboard immediately. I love that the sheriff may have instructed his men to not dabble even a finger in the investigation. Remember the person who wanted to turn in a tip and the local officer refused to take it saying "That's not my case" or something similar?

In light of Rickman's allegations that TA had LE in her pocket, not handling the case in any way: protected the sheriff's reputation; insured the integrity of the investigation just in case some of the local officers might have been pressured to assist; protected the long-serving career officers who have probably worked under more than one sheriff.

The results speak for themselves. I suspect it is rare that local authorities are not involved in a case like this, but isn't it brilliant they weren't in this case? How savvy the Texas County, OK sheriff seems (to me) to be.

this also really makes me wonder what the thought process of the murderers was for JK- I go back and forth thinking they knew there’d be collateral damage to their ultimate goal of “getting” VB, versus JK being there wasn’t thought through in the “planning” and so it presented a last minute change, which may have led to some sloppy mistakes at the time of attack.
Or- it’s likely they knew VB would be accompanied and probably even knew it would be JK, and perhaps they didn’t originally have nefarious plans for JK but something changed and they decided she knew or saw too much?

Just wondering out loud because the JK piece still doesn’t make much sense to me… although I’d say that’s a good sign for the moral compass of us here, that we can’t make sense of senseless killings.
There is no way to make sense out of senseless killings! JMO

If they pre-dug a hole, it's just even more horrific. I think when people kill and then panic and dig a hole, it's a result of desperation and panic, but to dig a hole before you commit the murder is just so evil.

There are so many unused wells, abandoned sheds, ditches, waste pits, etc. in that area that I doubt if they had to actually dig a hole.

Astounded. Still trying to understand why the involvement of others. It's not like the C&CT were even directly impacted by court cases. Is it so easy to talk someone into committing murder, knowing there could be a possible death penalty?

IMO:

I'm more surprised that I'm seeing so many people confounded by their actions and involvement. There are too many sick people out there who are more than willing to do this for one simple reason: they lack morals and/or empathy.

There are so many cases where others were involved, who were merely acquaintances or friends, who were just standing by or more involved, for ridiculous reasons that a normal-thinking person can't fathom. Whether money, or along for the ride, or a favor for a friend, or a twisted sense of loyalty.

All of the above is my opinion only.

Money talks. I imagine the thought process was “if none of us say anything, they’ll never figure out what happened. They’ll never find those bodies.”

Or something.
I’m thinking Cora Twombly may have talked. When you have the FBI and the OSBI sitting across from you explaining your charges and you live in a death penalty State, I feel your Workd would crash down around you! I think at that point one of them realized that TA’s connection to the local Courts is meaningless!

Ohh interesting. I’m curious to hear your thoughts behind this theory, especially the aspect of grandma being possibly absent during the final act… if you feel comfortable sharing at this point, of course.
I think Grandma made sure she was there so VB would know exactly who killed her! I feel TA loves the power!

I was thinking that as well. Was the burial site prepared in advance? Further evidence of premeditation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43