OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering.

If he participated, it's unlikely there'd be any kind of deal with no charges at all.

I think he must have backed out, unknown to Cora, and LE know that for sure ie a monitored phone call where TS confirmed that.

A different note, if the Tw's truck had to be cleaned, it seems likely it was used for something more than just blocking the road.

JMO
Or someone who whacked one or both of the women with the hammer (that was found broken) smeared their blood or brain matter on the truck seat.

There's a correction we need to make regarding the discovery of the car.

I don't know who said that the car was discovered at 10:30 AM, but that seems to be false. The car was found by Veronica's family at 12:09 PM when she failed to arrive for the birthday party. Her family contacted police.

1713216723905.png

At some point, I think these extra people should be arrested. Not for killing the women, but for planning to kill VB. She mentions Grice and another Cora, Cora Cole. Is there another Cora, or not?

"The daughter also disclosed that other attempts to kill Butler occurred during February of 2024 near Hugoton, Kansas, in which Adams, Cullum, Cole, Cora and Grice went to Hugoton, but Butler did not leave her residence."

....."The daughter said she was told by Cora that Adams, Cullum, Cora Cole and Paul Grice were involved in the deaths of Butler and Kelley."
I think there is just a missing comma between Cora & Cole.

It's just beyond me that that one woman could talk a whole group into killing two women - and the group appears to be growing. I'm not at all saying she didn't, but it's just so strange to me. I could see her talking one person into helping her - but a multitude of people? It's just weird.

Sounds like a cult, albeit a small one but a cult.

What is the motive here?
I wonder if it is a similar mentality to family annihilator who don't care they die/kill the kids as long as the other parent doesn't get them. Going to jail for the rest of their lives equivilant
because Tifany felt entitled to full custody of her grandchildren.
Like some others, I, too, feel that the motive might have not been about keeping/getting custody of the children (that the grandmother legally did not have nor would get after hear death) nor about "love" towards the children (abuse claims towards mum etc), but more about not wanting mum to have custody, to have access to the children, to be in her life etc, because she did not like the mum for one reason or another and wanted to punish the mum for whatever thing she imagined in her head (just like they found Jilian "guilty" of helping the mother and whatnot).

Can anyone give me the clif notes on this? I was following the missing case but now with the arrests over the weekend, I am lost. Who are the people arrested and what was the motive? I would appreciate anyone who could catch me up. I can't find a lot online to link it all together and I haven't the time to read this 30 page thread :(

Thanks WS friends.
I recommend reading the arrest affidavit. Much in it is new info to us all, or at least was previously "rumor only" and it gives the shortest and clearest picture.

Another correction. When the man who was collecting groceries released his video of police investigating the car, almost everyone said that the video was taken from the right side of the car, which meant that the car was East of Hwy 95. This document says that the car was West of Hwy 95.

1713217236503.png

I'm curious about that too. Wrangler Rickman had custody, Tifany Adams did not. Why did the officer refuse to enforce the court order? Why did he allow a third party, who did not have a legal right to the children, keep the children as opposed to returning the children to the rightful custodial parent?

This might be the tip of the iceberg in terms of Tifany Adams controlling the police rather than police enforcing court orders.

The officer said he believed that the children were better off with Tifany Adams, but it's not his right to make that decision.
I wouldn't read too much into what one cop told Rickman. He could have just said it snidely because of Rickman's prior arrests, including that on Feb. 21, Rickman was arrested and charged with Domestic Assault and Battery in the Presence of Minors and Public Intoxication, which prompted the district attorney to ask the court to revoke Rickman’s probation. The charge was for attacking his mother in law.

There's a correction we need to make regarding the discovery of the car.

I don't know who said that the car was discovered at 10:30 AM, but that seems to be false. The car was found by Veronica's family at 12:09 PM when she failed to arrive for the birthday party. Her family contacted police.

View attachment 497379

Thanks for highlighting this.

I keep reading that the vehicle was located by JK's husband and friend but here it's VB's family members.

Just wanting to keep the timeline straight in me melon -- who discovered the car has minimal bearing on the case, of course, and it looks like both women were missed early on and authorities notified even as family search parties were mustered, all of which helped to scupper the Misfits' woeful plans.

What I find interesting is there is no mention in the AA of LE talking to this 5th named individual. I would think LE would get a statement from him and perhaps they did, but just are not including his statements in this to protect him at this point.

Tiffany bought him a stun gun (5) and likely gave him one of the burner phones (3). He knew something very bad was going to happen.
You know, at first thought, I was really ticked that if he knew something bad was going down, why didn’t he call LE and give them a heads up. But then it occurred to me, some felt TA had some LE in her “back pocket.” That would make reporting her a little dangerous, if it was truly the case. I don’t think TA would think twice about going after him and his family too.

I’ll be interested in learning what his involvement was, or wasn’t, and how he came out of this without even a minor charge. No doubt, his conscience will haunt him for the rest of his days and he will have lost the respect of many. JMHO

Like some others, I, too, feel that the motive might have not been about keeping/getting custody of the children (that the grandmother legally did not have nor would get after hear death) nor about "love" towards the children (abuse claims towards mum etc), but more about not wanting mum to have custody, to have access to the children, to be in her life etc, because she did not like the mum for one reason or another and wanted to punish the mum for whatever thing she imagined in her head (just like they found Jilian "guilty" of helping the mother and whatnot).
She definitely hated Veronica, but there were times she would not let her son have his children even though he had legal custody of them. That tells me that she did want to keep them to herself, not just keep them away from their mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark