Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew!! This is great to see…that this case is generating so much…even leads! Okay I saw this person on the original "Our Fave Suspect" myspace page. He was listed as a friend of the main guy. However, when I saw this person—the loopy eye, ears, facial hair, and stature was enough for me to investigate more; then when I saw that his profile was set to 'Friends Only' I got suspicious.

Then when the sketch was released the resemblance was way too close to ignore. Anyway, if you want to you can visit: http://onemorecup.wordpress.com/4-ws/ and I've tried to put a comparison up for you to view and hopefully give your opinions on.

If there are any problems with the WordPress blog "The Thinker" one can also go to http://img402.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img402/4237/1203387936v4i.smil where the photos actually look better. CHEERS!

Let's keep the intensity up!

SS, did you do the mapping online? If you did can you link us? I need to visually see it..

Whew!! This is great to see…that this case is generating so much…even leads! Okay I saw this person on the original "Our Fave Suspect" myspace page. He was listed as a friend of the main guy. However, when I saw this person—the loopy eye, ears, facial hair, and stature was enough for me to investigate more; then when I saw that his profile was set to 'Friends Only' I got suspicious.

Then when the sketch was released the resemblance was way too close to ignore. Anyway, if you want to you can visit: http://onemorecup.wordpress.com/4-ws/ and I've tried to put a comparison up for you to view and hopefully give your opinions on.

If there are any problems with the WordPress blog "The Thinker" one can also go to http://img402.imageshack.us/slideshow/done.php where the photos actually look better. CHEERS!

Let's keep the intensity up!

I'd say its a pretty good match!

So sad to hear the news that they found Brianna's body. I'm glad for the family to finally have some answers and so that they can give her a proper final resting place, but sad that it turned out that he killed her. I hope they catch this serial-raping killer before he strikes again. My prayers for Brianna's friends and family. May she rest in peace.

I found the following at another site without a link, so I searched it and found the original author and the entire article. I'm bringing it here as I feel it's extremely relevant to this case. The author is Daniel Collazzi, a forensic biologist:

Violent offenders who rape their victims fall into different categories. These are different types of rapists, who rape for different reasons and do it in different ways. Nonetheless, they are all monsters. Profiles created for each kind of rapist can be used to track down and punished the different types of rapists accordingly.

The Power Reassurance Rapist is the most common type of rapist. He usually will carry a weapon or claim to be, but will not use it or use any more force than necessary to fulfill his fantasy. He wants to express his power through sex, not physical injury. This offender spends an extended period of time with the victim, may compliment her appearance, and may even apologize for what he has just done to her.

The Power Assertive Rapist is primarily concerned with showing how "manly" he is through extreme violence. Unlike the Power Reassurance Rapist, this one is not concerned with the extent of suffering of the victim and usually uses more force than necessary to subdue her.

The Anger Retaliatory Rapist is even more violent. He has a deep hatred towards women and so lashes out against them. Many of his victims require hospitalization.

The Anger Excitation Rapist or sexual sadist is sexually stimulated by the amount of suffering his victim endures. He is the most dangerous type of rapist.

The Opportunistic Rapist will rape someone during another crime taking place, for instance, a robbery or kidnapping. He does not spend very much time with the victim and is usually either high or drunk during the ordeal.

http://www.bxscience.edu/publication...s/f-psyc01.htm

There's a lot more at the link on criminal behavior. The portion above is only a small snip of the article - the portion that deals with rapists.

This is a great index for us to go by. The Anger Excitation Rapist applys in this case.

I've come to the same conclusion - if he wanted her to be found he could have left the body out in the open, if he wanted to hide her a little research would have found a much better place.

Right, I get that he really didn't give a darn, rape, kill, dump and go.

The guys a sickco.:mad:

Leviosa, very interesting. And I almost choked on icewater when I saw the name "Mr. Perp". I snorted so loud I got a very strange look from my son! lol.

I think so too. I sure hope that they catch this slime before he hurts or kills any other young women.

Lion

It was reported on Greta that there's been safety seminars at the college, and students are scared and taking this seriously. They bought pepper spray, tasers, and are walking in pairs or groups. This is good, and hopefully will make it too difficult for the suspect to grab any girls from that area. But, that may only make him go to another area.

I just hope LE can catch him before anyone else gets harmed.

It was reported on Greta that there's been safety seminars at the college, and students are scared and taking this seriously. They bought pepper spray, tasers, and are walking in pairs or groups. This is good, and hopefully will make it too difficult for the suspect to grab any girls from that area. But, that may only make him go to another area.

I just hope LE can catch him before anyone else gets harmed.

Thank goodness for the seminars! I hope that young women all around Reno listen and do what is suggested. Unfortunately, some young women may let their guard down or not heed the warnings at the wrong time. I sure hope he is caught before the compulsion to rape and kill outweighs any apprehensions he might might have to do this again.

Lion

This is a great index for us to go by. The Anger Excitation Rapist applys in this case.

I agree.......I think he falls into either the "angry retaliatory rapist" or the "angry excitation rapist."

Armchair quaterbacking is a great sport, huh?

Unfortunatly, we do not know all that LE does, even though we all have relatives or friends in law enforment. Example, my husband is a pilot but I have no idea how to fly an airplane)
You guys don't know all the details, the talking heads are great at drama including Mark F
I think Reno PD is doing what needs to be done. And don't forget the FBI is involved as well

I agree.......I think he falls into either the "angry retaliatory rapist" or the "angry excitation rapist."
Whatever he is I hope he's caught soon. He's already ruined a lot of lives and it has to be so scary for all the young college women.

I have the same questions that Mark F. and several people here have had. They may have made mistakes in this case. I never said that they didn't. Some things thought of as mistakes may not be mistakes. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. I choose to focus on what can be done now, what can be learned from mistakes to help prevent future attacks, and what we can do to make a difference. What can be done in my own city and state to help prevent the same thing (no funds for DNA testing) from happening here?

That is one reason why I decided to do K9 SAR years ago. I was a victim and wanted to find a way to do something in other victims' best interests. Well, that and I love dogs and working with them. It is troubling to see so much LE fault finding. It doesn't help make positive change, and that is one of the main reasons that I'm here on websleuths. I'm sorry if I offended anyone for that is not my intention.

Lion
This was an excellent post, Lion. I just wanted to make sure that people read it. You never offend anyone. :) You do bring good points to the table tho.

This is one of the early news reports - it answers some of the questions we all have been asking.

By MARTIN GRIFFITH
Associated Press Writer

RENO, Nev. (AP) -- Police said Sunday a DNA link between the disappearance of a 19-year-old woman and the December sexual assault of a college student leads them to believe a sole attacker was responsible for both cases.

DNA taken from the scene where Brianna Denison was last seen Jan. 20 matches DNA gathered after the Dec. 16 sexual assault of a University of Nevada-Reno student who lived several blocks away, police commander Ron Holladay said.

Police believe a white male in his 30s is responsible for Denison's disappearance and the attack, Holladay said.

"Our chances of capturing the suspect are exponentially increased now because of the DNA," he said. "He probably lives in the area. It's still my hope that Brianna is alive, and we're expending every resource possible to get her back safely."

Holladay said the victim of the earlier attack was interviewed again after the DNA match was made and that a more detailed description of the suspect was developed.

That victim was abducted outside her home on Dec. 16, taken to another location and sexually assaulted, then brought home by her attacker, Holladay said. She also was the victim of a Jan. 19 attempted burglary at her home that may be connected to the attacker, Holladay said.

About the blood belonging to Brianna:
Crime lab technicians have determined a small stain on a pillow at the house where Denison vanished is the blood of Denison, a student at Santa Barbara (Calif.) City College, who was visiting her hometown over winter break.

Armchair quaterbacking is a great sport, huh?

Unfortunatly, we do not know all that LE does, even though we all have relatives or friends in law enforment. Example, my husband is a pilot but I have no idea how to fly an airplane)
You guys don't know all the details, the talking heads are great at drama including Mark F
I think Reno PD is doing what needs to be done. And don't forget the FBI is involved as well
Yes, hopefully people who don't know how to fly planes will not because they are only related! LOL Do you consider the FBI to be the ultimate in the crime fighting area?! Did you realize it only depends on the people in the area and the involvement of what they can bring to the table with forensics? Not saying that they are not good at what they do...they are. Saying they are selective in what they do. They are limited by the local PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member