Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that sketch may, or may not be this suspect. They don't know for sure at this point.
The "MAY NOT" is the reason they should not be using it. They should have been CERTAIN before they put this sketch out in respect to Brianna's killer!

It seems that sketch may, or may not be this suspect. They don't know for sure at this point.
That's what I thought but then the media keeps posting it as the guy LE is looking for in the 2 assaults & Brianna's murder. :confused:

That's what I thought but then the media keeps posting it as the guy LE is looking for in the 2 assaults & Brianna's murder. :confused:
It is a mistake made by LE for putting it out there. :eek: They need to retract it publically and make sure people are not ONLY looking for that man. However, he DID commit an assault/rape...so they do want to find him, too.

From the beginning LE stated IIRC, that they were erring on the side of caution by releasing the sketch from October rape of which they have made no definitive connection. Originally Reno Pd and Brianna's sites had the sketch on there. Now it's gone from both.

The best description came from the second rape victim...so yes.

Wait, they knew no more then than they do now. How would they have been more sucessful? You are not making sense.

I hate it when this board becomes a place to prove how much smarter the posters are than the LE.

I guess everyone needs to feel important somehow.

I fully agree with you 10EC_Dad. I understand that she was found 100 feet from the road. He would have left her there right on the side of the road, or he would have chosen another location where he felt comfortable dumping her where she would have more likely been found quickly. I am not sure why it is that so many think that a serial rapist/killer want to get caught or want a body to be found. According to all that I've read and listened to most of them don't. Sure once in a while a killer wants a body to be found or wants to be caught. But, I don't think that is the case for this killer.

Lion

Perhaps LE has a reason for posting it. Just because we don't know, doesn't mean they don't. LE is keeping many details confidential - I can only guess they have reason to do so.

From the beginning LE stated IIRC, that they were erring on the side of caution by releasing the sketch from October rape of which they have made no definitive connection. Originally Reno Pd and Brianna's sites had the sketch on there. Now it's gone from both.
I can understand them doing that, but that information should be included in a caption with the sketch, imo.

Wait, they knew no more then than they do now. How would they have been more sucessful? You are not making sense.

I hate it when this board becomes a place to prove how much smarter the posters are than the LE.

That wasn't necessary was it?

For whatever reason LE dropped the ball. I don't know whether it was neglegence or not but it happened. They had two rapes they didn't, by their admission even think about the possibility of being connected.

I fully agree with you 10EC_Dad. I understand that she was found 100 feet from the road. He would have left her there right on the side of the road, or he would have chosen another location where he felt comfortable dumping her where she would have more likely been found quickly. I am not sure why it is that so many think that a serial rapist/killer want to get caught or want a body to be found. According to all that I've read and listened to most of them don't. Sure once in a while a killer wants a body to be found or wants to be caught. But, I don't think that is the case for this killer.

Lion

I think this was a situation that was not well thought out by the perp. It looks smewhat like he was not planning on killing her. You would think he would have tried to hide her in a more secluded area if he had planned it.

I am not trying to outthink LE here. I am not trying to prove how smart I am. I don't give a rat's behind how important I am to anyone. Trust me, I know how important I am to the people I love and that love me. I don't have a need for it.

My concern is that if LE had done the testing between the two rapes...they would have a connection. They would have known to go back and reinterview the victims for more information. This would have put them in a position to know they had a serial rapist already and to step up patrols, warn the public, and pursue him with that information. How does this not make sense to you?! :confused:

Do we have any maps of where Brianna was abducted from, where her body was found, and any of the other rape cases that are likely by the same man? If we can get some maps up we can geographically profile him. There is no doubt he will try to rape and kill again, as he's either killed before or just killed (with Brianna).

Let me preface here I am talking about the second vic, then Bri.

We know he returned her to her place of residence..that freaked me out right away, who lets a rapist take you home? I am wondering if he didn't take her back to her place and rape her again....and then he burglared that place on Jan 19th, why , because he thought she would be there to rape, when she wasn't there, he looked for another vic, Bri which was on the 2oth of Jan. this is someone who rapes about 1 x per month..again I say we are looking at him doing this again either this week or next.

LE needs to be very vigligant and so do women in this area of the college. And I live in PA so I don't know the vic..just profiling here.

I agree............the rape in November and the one in December are linked to Brianna through DNA. The November rape was around Nov. 15th; the December rape was on Dec. 17th, and Brianna was kidnapped on January 20th.

Today is the 18th of February and we're within the one-month time frame of the rapist's pattern. He could strike at any time. :eek:

Do we have any maps of where Brianna was abducted from, where her body was found, and any of the other rape cases that are likely by the same man? If we can get some maps up we can geographically profile him. There is no doubt he will try to rape and kill again, as he's either killed before or just killed (with Brianna).
I don't know how to show you the mapping I have done with not only the four incidents they are talking about...but I have mapped other rapes, murders, attempted rapes in the area dating back to 2003 that I could find. There are a few which have occurred along the corridor of Virginia Ave. between where Brianna was abducted and found. The most striking thing for me was the descriptions of others indicated similarities, but stopped when olive skin and Hispanic came into play.

I think this was a situation that was not well thought out by the perp. It looks smewhat like he was not planning on killing her. You would think he would have tried to hide her in a more secluded area if he had planned it.
I'm leaning toward that too, that he hadn't planned on killing her, and think he disposed of her there because it was convenient for him. I do agree that if he'd wanted her to be found right away he would've just dumped her at roadside, like was done with Imette St. Guillen.

Do they have Neighborhood Watch programs set up in Reno?! We have those all over here. They are volunteers that are set up to go out and drive around to report all suspicious activity in the neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86