VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have got response from the investigators regarding a possible match between the guy who disappeared in January 1995 and "the grateful dead fan". At this moment I think it´s the best not to give the name of the guy. I have already understand that they not thought that it was the best thing to do when I post the photo in this way, but they have been nice and let me know that they seriously see this as a possible positive match. As I aprehend of their questions, there are more authorities involved in this case. We´ll se what happends next.

Did anything become of this information?

Dustin has been found!

DMansell.jpg

http://www.ocregister.com/community/woman-arrested-in-2047046-georgia-in

Woman arrested in Georgia in 25-year-old kidnapping case

The former Mission Viejo woman took her 5-year-old son in 1983 and eluded investigators for 25 years, authorities say.

More at link.

1991 - 1966 = 25 age at time of disappearance

:)

Sorry - my mistake:bang: I mistook 1966 for 1956.
If this guy was 25 in 1991 he would have been 29 when jason doe was found. The age doesnt seem to fit Jasons profile.

For anyone who prefers visuals (like I do), here is a map.

Point A is the concert, point B is the crime scene. Obviously, south carolina is south of that, which is the direction the driver was heading.

Map.jpg

I am glad that Dustin was found alive and well. Does anyone know who the person was that Lizza had posted about? I understand being concerned not to post too much information in case family reads it but I know if a loved one of mine was missing I would want people to plaster there name everywhere in hopes of finding out what ever happened to them.

Great news about Dustin - another case bites the dust I guess :clap:

One thing concerns me is that I recall reading there was a call in relation to this Doe shortly after the accident, and the caller asked if the Doe had certain identifying characteristics. The implication is that this Doe's family knows that he is gone and either doesn't want him or doesn't want the expense of burying him :cry:

Doesn't want him? that is so heartbreaking to hear. Do you think if money was raised to bury him properly that whomever this call was placed to after the accident that maybe they would finally come forward and claim him? Or maybe the call was to the family of the driver to ask if they knew who he was?

I used the advanced search feature on dead.net and came up with these 2 possiblities:

In Memory...

... I had been there, about 15 years ago now, when my friend Jason and a bunch of other folks were living there just after high school. Anyone who went to shows from 92-95 might remember Jason - he stuck out in any crowd, even a lot full of freaks (and I use that ...

In search of...

... hair, drove a red station wagon, and vended crystals. Jason~ dready from Dalton Georgia Mike~ he drove a red VW older bus also, ... for anyone who may have known a redheaded kid named Jason at the June 25, 1995 concert at RFK Stadium in D.C. Might have been ...

Currently I'm scouring both threads to find the exact posts (the links don't take you directly to them). I'll post back when I finally find them. Might be a while as the site is painfully slow.

Here's a link to my exact search: http://www.dead.net/search/node/jason+category:1740,1780
Might take a few reloads if you come up with a Drupal error (webforum software).

Here is one post you're searching for at that link: (page 5)

cactuswax
here's to ya
Hey folks.
It's about 5am and I can't sleep. Feeling a little sentimental.

A weird thing happened the other night; I went to this loft / art space / gallery on the fifth floor of some old rundown building downtown Detroit, and the minute I walked in, I'm thinking, man, I've been here before.
As I made my way in and looked around, I was sure of it.
I had been there, about 15 years ago now, when my friend Jason and a bunch of other folks were living there just after high school.

Anyone who went to shows from 92-95 might remember Jason - he stuck out in any crowd, even a lot full of freaks (and I use that term in the most endearing sense). Tall and skinny, always wearing big ol' clunky army boots as he swaggered around, gesturing wildly and talking loudly and enthusiastically to everyone about everything. He was constantly coming up with stupid sayings that would make the rest of us shrug and roll our eyes, though in retrospect I think it was certainly some form of wild-eyed Zen. And we'd always laugh.

Some people didn't like Jason, not at first anyway; they'd get turned off by his loud and often obnoxious behavior and mannerisms. But anyone who took about 5 minutes to get to know him loved him. He really had a heart of gold. This was a guy who'd give anything he owned to anybody he thought needed it, or even just kind of liked it. He gave me my first instrument, back in high school, practically demanding I take his bass when I showed an interest in it. It lived with me for over a year while I got a handle on it.

Jason's ten years gone now, though sometimes it feels like we were still palling around just yesterday. Other times it feels like several lifetimes ago. I guess the car he was in (as a passenger) slid off of a snowy Colorado mountain road and wrapped itself around a tree.

Man, I sure do miss that guy.

None of the posts seem to pan out. The 2nd quote above happened to be 2 search results in one. Here's what I found (snipped to exclude random/unnecessary info):

Thanks for the above, Coltsgal. Here's the direct link to page 5 if anyone's interested:
http://www.dead.net/forum/memory?page=5

Sunnydrop
Posted: June 11, 2007 - 2:11pm
a few friends I'd like to

a few friends I'd like to find.
(snip)
Jason~ dready from Dalton Georgia
(snip)
http://www.dead.net/forum/search?page=1

tamms
Posted: June 13, 2007 - 9:38am
6/25/95...were you there?

Looking for anyone who may have known a redheaded kid named Jason at the June 25, 1995 concert at RFK Stadium in D.C. Might have been running around with a couple of girls named Caroline...
http://www.dead.net/forum/search?page=1

The last one appears to be someone else attempting to ID him as well, but who knows.

Could the car accident thing be just a coincidence? We do not know the date of death of that Jason, although we do know that he didn't get in a car accident in Colorado.

I thought about that as well. "Cactuswax" used the phrase "I guess" which makes it seem like he's not too sure about the exact circumstances around his Jason's death.

That Georgia one seems possible. He could have gotten a ride with the South Carolina kid, and then was going to find a ride from there to Georgia.

I just shot off a message to long-time friend of mine who IIRC has been a fan of TGD for a long time. Seeing if she knows anybody who went to that concert. I'll post back when I get anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member