VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm a new member as of today. I've been reading Websleuths for a couple years, but had issues with registration. Thanks, Chico, for helping me out!

This has always been my "pet case". I remember first reading about this young man on the NCMEC (unidentified section) probably in 1999, when I was 15. I'm so very pleased to see it under the spotlight cases!

After seeing the resolution of Maricopa Jane Doe's case last week (another one I followed for a good couple of years), I have much faith that this young man may also one day get his identity back. I am very much looking forward to pursuing this case with all of you!

Hi everyone, I'm a new member as of today. I've been reading Websleuths for a couple years, but had issues with registration. Thanks, Chico, for helping me out!

This has always been my "pet case". I remember first reading about this young man on the NCMEC (unidentified section) probably in 1999, when I was 15. I'm so very pleased to see it under the spotlight cases!

After seeing the resolution of Maricopa Jane Doe's case last week (another one I followed for a good couple of years), I have much faith that this young man may also one day get his identity back. I am very much looking forward to pursuing this case with all of you!

Welcome Schecky !! So glad you're here, and looking forward to working with you.

Welcome Shecky!!!:Welcome-12-june:So glad to have you here!

Dustin has been found!

DMansell.jpg

http://www.ocregister.com/community/woman-arrested-in-2047046-georgia-in

Woman arrested in Georgia in 25-year-old kidnapping case

The former Mission Viejo woman took her 5-year-old son in 1983 and eluded investigators for 25 years, authorities say.

More at link.

W.O.W.!!! Amazing. This kid is now 30 years old!!! Let the Mom go! Jeez. I feel sorry for him being moved around again and again. But if she truly had reason to believe he was being hurt, more power to her!!!

W.O.W.!!! Amazing. This kid is now 30 years old!!! Let the Mom go! Jeez. I feel sorry for him being moved around again and again. But if she truly had reason to believe he was being hurt, more power to her!!!

OT- I have to respectfully disagree. If this was a case of parental kidnapping and the father had partial custody or visitation rights she by all means need to be punished. IF her sons father was truelly a threat she could have gone the legal route. Sadly, too often women use this excuse even when their childrens father would cause the kids no harm. By not prosecuting, it hurts too many people. Those kids who might really be harmed by a parent and the courts dismiss the threats as an excuse, or those parents who are kept from their children because a parent makes up stories to keep the other parent away. As an SP myself, I see it all too often. end of OT.

ETA: for all the kids listed at the NCMEC who are victims of parental abduction, they have a right to BOTH parents unless the courts deem one parent is truely a threat.

OT- I have to respectfully disagree. If this was a case of parental kidnapping and the father had partial custody or visitation rights she by all means need to be punished. IF her sons father was truelly a threat she could have gone the legal route. Sadly, too often women use this excuse even when their childrens father would cause the kids no harm. By not prosecuting, it hurts too many people. Those kids who might really be harmed by a parent and the courts dismiss the threats as an excuse, or those parents who are kept from their children because a parent makes up stories to keep the other parent away. As an SP myself, I see it all too often. end of OT.

ETA: for all the kids listed at the NCMEC who are victims of parental abduction, they have a right to BOTH parents unless the courts deem one parent is truely a threat.

Agreed. My foster kids went thru this, and it was not a very pretty picture. The entire family suffered as a result, including many siblings.

Hello, Like many of you, this has been my pet case. Like Tawni, I don't believe our JD has ever been reported missing to LE. Not because of lack of care or love, but, because of LE's laws and priorities at the time. I believe our JD had perhaps a history of being a runaway, which is why LE chose to ignore his family's plee of him missing.

A couple things I want to point out.

His t-shirt. When he was found, he was wearing a 30th anniversary t-shirt from the concert. Where is the shirt he was wearing prior to purchasing the t-shirt? Did he discard his original t-shirt? Did he change t-shirts in the van? If so, did LE take note on all the contents found inside the van after the accident?

The concert tickets. Where was his seats? If we could find out where the seats were, we could focus on that area in photo's of the concert. If the area wasn't photographed, we could contact people that were at the concert at the time. On Grateful Dead's website, there's a listing for people (with their contact info) listed. Once we find out where his seat was located, we could contact those that were at the concert. Did LE fingerprint the tickets? Do they still have the tickets?

His hair color. There's many discrepencies regarding his hair color. The majority states it was dyed. What color was his eyelashes? Eyebrows? Hair on his legs/arms? His pubic hair?

Drug/Alcohol history. His autopsy revealed no drugs or alcohol in his system. Was his hair tested for previous drug or alcohol use? However, I don't believe he had a history of either, for his teeth had no dental restoration and were perfect. However, that doesn't completely mean there was no history of drug/alcohol abuse.

I have this eerie feeling his name wasn't Jason. There was a cult like group that use to hang out at Grateful Dead concerts. (I don't remember the name of it and don't know if they still exist. I use to have a link regarding this information, however, my computer crashed last March and I lost all my notes and sites I had saved regarding our guy). This group believed Grateful Dead was evil and antichrist and they would pass out information to concert goers to pursway them from attending.

One of the leaders/organizers of the group was named Caroline. I think she was from Texas, please don't quote me on that. (However, Arlington, TX does have a 914 prefix) (I've spent the last four days trying to locate the information regarding the cult and Caroline, however, I can't seem to find anything). That Caroline was located, however, she was unable to recognize our guy. And that's all remember reading from the sites I had located previously.

One of my theories is, our guy was getting ready to attend the concert. Another guy (from the cult like group) approached our guy with an attempt to pursway him from attending the concert. He was probably given literature and perhaps mentioned an interest in the group. The guy from the group may have handed him the paper with the "Jason" note, then our guy shoved the note in his pocket, forgetting about it.

Who's to say our guy didn't get robbed or mugged after the concert or during? He had the money to purchase the t-shirt and ticket. Do most concert goers walk out of concerts with no money? Is that normal? I don't mean to ask ignorant questions, really. I'm not a concert goer so I have no clue.

For the past couple years I've also been trying to id our guy with missing young men listed on cyberpages.com. As I mentioned above, I don't believe there is an official missing report for our guy. However, I do believe he was well cared for prior to his missing. At cyber pages (if you're not familiar) there's hundreds of families that have listed missing loved ones. Some of them even mention that there's no police report due to a previous runaway history.

There's two young men that stand out. However, I don't think either are a match to our guy. They're both from Canada.

First one is:

Douglas Richard Rosell Doug is now approximately 28 years old. Although no longer a child, he was diagnosed with a severe mental illness. He actually has every symptom in the book of childhood sexual abuse. We had a falling out about 7 years ago and he disappeared. I have been healing from severe child abuse issues myself, and was unable to help anyone until I healed myself (with alot of help along the way). Due to shock treatments I have lost alot of information that I should have, so please excuse the gaps in memory. I don't remember his birthday. He has dark blonde hair, fair skin and blue eyes. The last time I saw him was in Langley, BC. He may have changed his last name to Cheshon* (his birth mother's name). I am his adoptive mother. He only speaks English. He has no noticeable birthmarks. Height about 6', weight about 180 lbs. He does not wear glasses. He has been in and out of jail for a large part of his life (both BC and Alberta) and may be incarcerated now, but I do not know how to check that possibility. I would greatly appreciate your help in finding Doug, and if you are unable to do so could you possibly refer me to an organization who could help me? Thank you for your time. RSVP Yours truly Dianne Rosell City: Langley, BC, Canada Email: heavensquest@hotmail.com Entry #2428 added on March 16, 2002

Could the name (I highlighted in blue) be pronounced as Jason, since it is French? Also, there's conflicting reports on his eye color, some say blue, where others say brown.

This posting can be found at http://www.cyberpages.com/minidb?pro...r=2002&month=3 I did send an email to the poster, however it bounced as an invalid email address. If there's anyone living in or near Langley, BC Canada, would you be able to find any information from your local LE?

The second person is:

Allan Robert Curtis
Birth date April 1973, Hair color Red, eyes hazel, skin fair (white). Allan lived with his father Arden Curtis and his Stepmother Rose in Hamilton, Ontario. The only language he spoke was English. Allan suffered from a mental disorder, he stopped taking his medication, because of this disorder he would become a intensive strong believer in Jesus last seen in British Columbia, had no identification on him. No Social Insurance, OHIP (Health Card), Drivers Licence, Passport etc. No known birthmarks to my knowledge. Went missing after returning from Australia in 1995, I think it was in the fall but not sure. His height approximately 165 pounds, height about 5 foot 11 inches. Do not know if he wore glasses City: Hamilton Email: rosiegirl39@hotmail.com Entry #2638 added on September 25, 2005

I did contact this poster and she sent me this photo:
jasondoemaybe.jpg

Her posting is the reason why I question if LE tested his hair for previous drug/alcohol abuse. Also, I'd like for that one procedure to happen (if they still have samples) to see where he was from. I forgot what the procedure was called. It's what they did with Dupage Johnny Doe.

Well, that's all my notes that I have so far. I'm going to keep looking until we can ID him and send him back to his family.

Before I forget, being that the Grateful Dead band now supports Obama for president, I think we need to write to Oprah, Caroline Kennedy, Robert Deniro, Obama, and any other celebrity to help promote our guy when they're promoting Obama.

Semi O/T, and I'll leave my own beliefs out of this.. why is a strong believe in Jesus considered a mental illness?

Allan suffered from a mental disorder, he stopped taking his medication, because of this disorder he would become a intensive strong believer in Jesus

Semi O/T, and I'll leave my own beliefs out of this.. why is a strong believe in Jesus considered a mental illness?

I can't answer that. Maybe that was one of the things he did when he got off the meds? And maybe his mother felt that would stand out? Not sure.

I also wanted to add, I did send his mother another email, asking the following questions:

Thank you for responding and sending Allan's photo. I was wondering if you have any other information regarding Allan? Have you been in contact with his father since his disappearance? Was a police report filed? If so, is he listed on any of the national missing children websites? What kind of music did he like? How long was he on the medication and what type did he take? Have you ever thought about creating a myspace page for him? If you haven't, I can help you create it. Do you know when he went to Australia and/or when he was supposed to return? What airline was he using? And, lastly, do you have any other photo's of him?

And, I invited the owner of our guy's myspace page. Hopefully, he/she will respond.

I was thinking to compile a list of where he was found, and the states south of there. It would obviously take a lot of time and searching, but I cant think of any other ways to find anything.

We dont have to look at each yearbook photo, however if each of us can be assigned to a chunk of schools, perhaps we can send an email to the administrator of each school with the details we know, and see if they can help us with any information we already know.

I can write a letter, or perhaps someone else can do it, and we can all use the same letter to send out.

I certainly can't argue that this could be a way to find something. In fact, it was something that occurred to me in the past when thinking about this case. But here's the thing, not only do we have an astronomical amount of high schools to look at, we have a span of several years of when he might have been a student there. If he was on the older end of the age estimate, he might have attended high school beginning in the late 80's. If he was on the younger end, he might not have even been due to graduate until around 1997.

I'd be willing to participate in such a search, but I sure wish it didn't seem like such a needle in a haystack.

I think what we need to do is reread the thread, then anything that is pert and needs more discussion start a separate thread. Get organized what we have.

Facts
Theories
What has been done
Positively Ruled Out

yada yada

Then, someone that is not afraid to talk on the phone or to LE/Authority, should volunteer to start getting everything we can on this case from LE/ME, reports to pics....the more facts and postitive info we have the easier this will be.

Thoughts?

Bumping a previous post I made.

So many questions being brought up could be answered by someone getting the reports ;)

I'm still new to the sleuthing thing, so I'm not sure how to go about finding LE and ME reports. :( Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm still new to the sleuthing thing, so I'm not sure how to go about finding LE and ME reports. :( Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm far from an expert on such matters, but I don't think ME and LE reports are always available to the general public. So it might not even be a matter of locating them, as much as it is finding a way to have them released.

I know that with Maricopa Jane Doe (Tawni) some members managed to get the ME report, so perhaps it is totally possible we could find the same for Jason. I'd be more than willing to help track them down if possible.

It's completely possible to get information we need; I'm not sure if someone needs a contact at a specific agency or not though. For Tawni's case we managed to get our hands on the police report, ME report, and crime scene photos.

I certainly can't argue that this could be a way to find something. In fact, it was something that occurred to me in the past when thinking about this case. But here's the thing, not only do we have an astronomical amount of high schools to look at, we have a span of several years of when he might have been a student there. If he was on the older end of the age estimate, he might have attended high school beginning in the late 80's. If he was on the younger end, he might not have even been due to graduate until around 1997.

I'd be willing to participate in such a search, but I sure wish it didn't seem like such a needle in a haystack.

Hello everyone! I have to agree with Shecky here. Let's keep in mind that LOTS of Deadheads were quite nomadic and literally followed the band all over the US and beyond. It's for this same reason that I'm not sure we can assume JD was a habitual runaway or troubled teen. I've always thought of him as more of a free spirit.

He was headed south. The rest of the remaining concerts were in the north or midwest. That's why it was doubtful that he followed them to all their shows.

He was headed south. The rest of the remaining concerts were in the north or midwest. That's why it was doubtful that he followed them to all their shows.

Good point. But then again, we don't know if he had been following them up until he hitched that ride, or whether he was going home or visiting someone or what. I'm just sayin' we can't assume he was from the south.

It's completely possible to get information we need; I'm not sure if someone needs a contact at a specific agency or not though. For Tawni's case we managed to get our hands on the police report, ME report, and crime scene photos.

Well, I have the time and the cell phone minutes to make some phone calls if needed. I'd just need to know where to start.

Well, I have the time and the cell phone minutes to make some phone calls if needed. I'd just need to know where to start.

I sure would like to know if the tickets they found on him were just stubs or complete tickets. Also wondering if he had any cash on him. Seems these are points that would have been covered in the LE report. Or the ME report!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin