WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I am literally on the other side of the country, so I don't know for sure how things work elsewhere. I am just used to the State Police being called in for better resources. I appreciate the input.

UPDATE! FBI: Stranger not likely behind girl's disappearance
Story Published: Jul 1, 2009 at 7:35 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM PDT
<snipped>
The massive ground search for the missing 10-year-old girl was scaled back on Wednesday as investigators turned the focus of their work from searching to following up on tips they've received.

On Wednesday a second person came forward to report having seen Lindsey Baum on Friday night as she walked home along Maple Street from a friend's house.

Experts with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children say if the girl was abducted, it most likely wasn't by a stranger who was hiding in the bushes.

"From what knowledge we have and the information that I have that it's someone that she possibly knows, somebody that is in the area," said Henry Schmidt with the organization.

The FBI now wants neighbors to think about anyone who may have been in the area Friday night. They also want to hear about anyone suddenly engaging in strange behavior, such as not showing up for work, selling their car for no reason or changing their appearance.

"We're certainly not looking for a witch hunt or anything of that sort, but the bottom line is we have a missing girl. And so anyone who is in this area is going to be someone we want to talk to," said Ron Twersky, FBI assistant special agent in charge.

The missing girl's mother, who wanted avoid becoming the center of the investigation, voluntarily took a polygraph test. The father of the girl's best friend, Scott Williams, also volunteered to take the test.

"At their requests polygraphs were given to them. They passed those polygraphs. We're comfortable with the information they've shared with us and comfortable with the timeline they've explained," said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott.

Article:
http://www.komonews.com/news/49651607.html

:angel:

THUD Finally things are starting to center on what really happened to Lindsay as they have learned more info and have probably now built a profile of her abductor. That is very good because they are now getting closer to finding her IMO.

We all realize that KK must be suspicious as she either didn't take a LD test or didn't pass it.

I can think of another possibility and then if my possibility or the mother each have a man {BF} hangin' around I would look at those guys very carefully too. Someone Lindsay knew and would get in a car with.

I think this puts us into looking at that 32% category of family or friends and I wouldn't be surprised to see LE having certain ideas on who it could be. I don't think they believe she ran away on her own after reading that. IMO

They won't do anything without irrefutable evidence IMO about arresting someone till they zone in on finding Lindsay. She is #1, but if they are pretty sure who took her and play their cards right by lying low, this person might get nervous and inadvertantly lead them to her. I might be jumping the gun a bit, but so hope with all my heart that she is still alive, holed up somewhere.

Those are good questions, So. I have no answers to them, but I would like to find out more about the person who sent her brother home, too. You raised some valid points about the person could have sent him home to create the situation of her being left to walk alone. Things like this do raise suspicions until we find out the answers.

To the locals~ The other posters are right. What we do here could appear to be a "witch hunt" to the outside world, but what we are doing is nothing less than the police (LE = Law Enforcement) do every day. We look at every scenario and every person as being possibly involved in order to rule in or out those things. You have to narrow the field when you are dealing with any case.

Our only goal is to find Lindsey and we do whatever it takes to reach that goal. We are not here to offend anyone, but at times the trail takes us to places close family or friends may not care to see or hear about being so involved in the situation. If you look at other cases we have done on this board, we don't hold back on our theories or ideas of finding a missing child. It can get very graphic and we go into great detail of not so pleasant things. It is whatever it takes to come up with a lead or information to help find a child that is important to us. We do what we do for the victims.

Those are good questions, So. I have no answers to them, but I would like to find out more about the person who sent her brother home, too. You raised some valid points about the person could have sent him home to create the situation of her being left to walk alone. Things like this do raise suspicions until we find out the answers.

To the locals~ The other posters are right. What we do here could appear to be a "witch hunt" to the outside world, but what we are doing is nothing less than the police (LE = Law Enforcement) do every day. We look at every scenario and every person as being possibly involved in order to rule in or out those things. You have to narrow the field when you are dealing with any case.

Our only goal is to find Lindsey and we do whatever it takes to reach that goal. We are not here to offend anyone, but at times the trail takes us to places close family or friends may not care to see or hear about being so involved in the situation. If you look at other cases we have done on this board, we don't hold back on our theories or ideas of finding a missing child. It can get very graphic and we go into great detail of not so pleasant things. It is whatever it takes to come up with a lead or information to help find a child that is important to us. We do what we do for the victims.

thank you!

with that....W/S...has rules and guidlines that we all follow...this is what makes this forum run well....this allow's us to focus on what's important...finding the missing child....backed up with fact links...then we give idea's to be discussed...we may not always agree....but we are respectful to other posters thoughts and idea's :)

Probably someone who drove by and offered her a ride home. A crime of opportunity.

If you admire, as I do, the amazing work they do in the Forensic Astrology forum, take a look in the general case thread. They have put together a profile of the perp. It's very interesting.

IIRC, I read that she was hoping to have K stay over at her house? When K's mom said, "No," that was when she left for home.

I'll try to find that link again.

ETA: added article link & quotes:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=1

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

Although some may not think this info is important it is an inconsistent piece of information that could be part of the puzzle. My thought is that maybe someone overheard the girls talking about their plan for the sleepover and expected to find Kayla & Lindsey walking back to Lindsey's house. That's just one possible scenerio, but it's an example of why this leaf should not go unturned.

Probably someone who drove by and offered her a ride home. A crime of opportunity.

If you admire, as I do, the amazing work they do in the Forensic Astrology forum, take a look in the general case thread. They have put together a profile of the perp. It's very interesting.
Here is the link to their profile. It sounds very plausible to me.

Someone on that thread mentioned an uncle of the little girl she was going to visit and that he was a body builder. Anyone have a clue on where he lives or who he is? There was also a mention of other people being in the home when Lindsey left her friend's house. Is this a fact or are we into rumor territory?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only

Got to say, jvk, those pics are fantastic. What a helpful poster you are! :woohoo:

It kind of makes me sad how the area looks so calm and innocent, as if nothing bad could happen there.

Found this so far, but of course out of all the the bios Ronald Twersky's picture isn't posted like most everyone else's. I'll keep looking for a picture of him scandi!

Ronald Twersky, ASAC, Seattle Division - Mr. Ronald Twersky was raised in Los Angeles, California, where he attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and graduated in 1989 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science with departmental honors. He also earned a Master of Arts Degree in U.S. History from California State University, Northridge, in 1993. Prior to joining the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Twersky worked as a reporter for the Los Angeles Daily News and Los Angeles Times newspapers. Twersky Completed New Agents training with the FBI in March, 1995, and was the academic top achiever of his Special Agent (SA) class. Following graduation from the FBI Academy, SA Twersky was assigned to the Los Angeles Division, where he conducted successful investigations of violent street gang activity in a task force setting with the Los Angeles Police Department. In 1999, Twersky transferred to the Los Angeles Division&#8217;s Public Corruption squad, where his work in law enforcement corruption matters led to several high-profile convictions. In 2002, Twersky was promoted to FBI Headquarters in Washington DC, as a Supervisory Special Agent, and was assigned as a program manager in the Counterterrorism Division, International Terrorism Operations Section, Global Operations Unit. In December 2004, upon successful completion of his FBIHQ tour of duty, SSA Twersky accepted a supervisory position in the San Francisco Division, San Jose Resident Agency, overseeing an International Terrorism squad. In January 2006, SSA Twersky was selected to lead a new Counterterrorism Intelligence squad at the Oakland Resident Agency in support of the San Francisco Division&#8217;s Field Intelligence Group. In January 2008, Twersky was promoted to the position of Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge (ASAC) in the Seattle Division, overseeing the Intelligence, Cyber and Administrative programs. In May, 2009, ASAC Twersky assumed responsibility for the Seattle Division&#8217;s Counterintelligence, Cyber and White Collar Crime programs.
http://www.rhppublishing.com/mps09_speakers.html

:angel:

~snip~

On Wednesday a second person came forward to report having seen Lindsey Baum on Friday night as she walked home along Maple Street from a friend's house.

~snip~

The FBI now wants neighbors to think about anyone who may have been in the area Friday night. They also want to hear about anyone suddenly engaging in strange behavior, such as not showing up for work, selling their car for no reason or changing their appearance.

"We're certainly not looking for a witch hunt or anything of that sort, but the bottom line is we have a missing girl. And so anyone who is in this area is going to be someone we want to talk to," said Ron Twersky, FBI assistant special agent in charge.

http://www.komonews.com/news/49651607.html

This seems important. It sounds like she was seen by two seperate people as she walked home and one working theory is that someone local is involved. Someone knows something but they might not realize what they know or saw is significant.

JVK~ This is exactly the kind of information which should be called into LE. They need to find this person and talk to him. Even intoxicated people have tales to tell. ;) His information could lead to Lindsey even if he doesn't realize it.

(story time)

DSCF2045.jpg

Right after snapping this photo i was approached by 'Mark the (apparent) local drunk. He was quite intoxicated & slurry.

He asked what i was doing and i told him.

He was a bit 'chatty' and slurred out a few things.

Mark portrayed 'Peter' (iirc) (the owner or worker of the Jewelry shop ^, on Maple) as not having a 'great opinion of Lindsey &/or the Baum family. "~That girl was up to 'things'" (Lindsey)

Mark also shared this not so great opinion. Mark shared that he was aware Lindsey was on the internet. He generally & repeatedly came off disliking Lindsey &/or the family.

Mark added one other thing. Mark said he believes 'Eric' (who lives (according to Marks pointing) in the North-Eastern part of town) 'probably did it' (as in abducting Lindsey) Mark said Eric had conversed with him (@ an unknown time) about 'young girls.

The conversation was strange.. but you couldn't expect much else. At one point he stopped talking almost like he'd just realized he's telling all this to a stranger & briefly thought twice.

If nothing else i'd suggest an interview with persons from this ^ Jewelry shop.

That's just crazy! Loose lips for sure.

I wonder where he was when Lindsey disappeared? :eek: Just kidding.

do you mean he works with cyber crimes? :eek:
In January 2008, Twersky was promoted to the position of Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge (ASAC) in the Seattle Division, overseeing the Intelligence, Cyber and Administrative programs. In May, 2009, ASAC Twersky assumed responsibility for the Seattle Division’s Counterintelligence, Cyber and White Collar Crime programs.

Yes. He is over that Division.

why would he know that Lindsey was online.....yikes....scary...

In January 2008, Twersky was promoted to the position of Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge (ASAC) in the Seattle Division, overseeing the Intelligence, Cyber and Administrative programs. In May, 2009, ASAC Twersky assumed responsibility for the Seattle Division’s Counterintelligence, Cyber and White Collar Crime programs.

Yes. He is over that Division.

i wonder if we missed something looking at the myspace...but...one of Lindsey's was or is set to priviate......hmm

why would he know that Lindsey was online.....yikes....scary...
People who drink get online, too. ;) Sometimes when they really shouldn't after ten martinis and after they have been out with their friends...OOPS! Hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro