MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, lol, jurors are supposed to deliberate and weigh the facts of the case -- (I love jury duty, even when it is a struggle)

I think AndresEscobar made a good point in that it will be very difficult to find a jury where there is not at least one person affected by the age of the accused in AB's case - her age is a fact -

Yes, lol, jurors are supposed to deliberate and weigh the facts of the case -- (I love jury duty, even when it is a struggle)

I think AndresEscobar made a good point in that it will be very difficult to find a jury where there is not at least one person affected by the age of the accused in AB's case - her age is a fact -

The age fact may be what gets a plea bargain to the facility at Montgomery City for dual jurisdiction. At least until she is 18. jmo

Question... do inmates in MO (in regular) prison, not have access to psych care??? Here in Texas even in small units inamtes have atleast 1 actually psych DR, and 3 therapist. They get appointments daily, weekly or mthly according to their need. Even in ad seg, the threapist do a walk thru( some twice a day) and counsel with those inamtes..

So to my thinking even(hopefully) if AB is put in regular state prison, she will still get psych care, most inamtes need psych care, havent met an inamte yet that did not have issues!?!? MHO

How are medica/.psych problems handled in MO prisons, like here we have clinics(both psych and medical) in each unit. Some are only open like 12 hrs a day, others open and staffed 24/7... Each "region" has atleast one 24/7 medical unit, to cover all the units in the area after hours.

Question... do inmates in MO (in regular) prison, not have access to psych care??? Here in Texas even in small units inamtes have atleast 1 actually psych DR, and 3 therapist. They get appointments daily, weekly or mthly according to their need. Even in ad seg, the threapist do a walk thru( some twice a day) and counsel with those inamtes..

So to my thinking even(hopefully) if AB is put in regular state prison, she will still get psych care, most inamtes need psych care, havent met an inamte yet that did not have issues!?!? MHO

How are medica/.psych problems handled in MO prisons, like here we have clinics(both psych and medical) in each unit. Some are only open like 12 hrs a day, others open and staffed 24/7... Each "region" has atleast one 24/7 medical unit, to cover all the units in the area after hours.

These are all great questions for CSquare. He will be back at 6pm on Friday.

Or, possibly my sister Steph572 could weigh in.... let me see if I can get ahold of her.

Just tried to call Steph and she is busy at work at the moment, but I will have her weigh in when she gets a min. She has worked at two of the MO prisons (a few years ago though)

The first prison that I worked at here was a "regular" prison. The inmates had access to psych if they requested it or were referred. There was NOT psych on hand 24/7, only medical and there was one dept. to service the entire population, instead of one in each unit.

The second prison that I worked at was an ITC (Intensive Therapeutic Community) and SIP (Shock Incarceration Program) program. Those guys were in treatment all day long but if they requested a psych appt. or were referred for one, we had to transport them to a nearby, larger facility for the appt. Nothing inhouse.

Is there any chance it would be held in Springfield?

As much as the locals probably wouldn't like that, I would DEFINITELY be there if it was in Springfield.

And since her lawyer is reading online forums and articles, that is all I'm going to say about that. But I would not mind it one bit if it was here in Springfield for many, many reasons.

Hey, they're featuring Alyssa on Inside Edition now.

Geez, I wonder if she's thrilled about being alongside of Tiger Woods. :mad:

As much as the locals probably wouldn't like that, I would DEFINITELY be there if it was in Springfield.

And since her lawyer is reading online forums and articles, that is all I'm going to say about that. But I would not mind it one bit if it was here in Springfield for many, many reasons.

Her lawyer doesn't decide where the venue will be. The judge does.

I have to respectfully disagree. While I am sure that the defense and prosecution try to form a balanced jury.... you just can't get a very conservative jury in some area's (same with liberal juries in other areas). I believe that conservative juries are much more willing to impose a harsher sentence.

I used to have a boss that when the first conceal/carry proposal was shut down (sometime from 1998-2000 since that is when I worked there) asked why we even bother with voting since the majority of the state is conservative, but KC and St Louis nearly always decide the vote.

There are 114 counties in MO, and at least 100 of them will vote conservatively, but the counties in the KC/St Louis area's still decide a lot of the votes.

I also don't think it will go to trial.... but I also don't want them to offer her a plea deal since the only thing they could possibly offer her is that she would walk the streets again someday.

I think they are more likely to move to or use a jury from some place like Cape or Hannibal or some similar sized city to JC, but, if they would use KC or StL, even though they vote more liberal, juries in those two cities do impose the DP and do go for guilty on murders with LWOP. I think AB will be found guilty no matter where tried.

I'm just talking from my experience. I don't really know anything about MO. Living in the Chicago area, which is a pretty politically "liberal" area, we impose pretty harsh sentences. I can assure you, we don't play softball on crime here..

I AM a lifelong Missourian and would no doubt be branded a liberal by the manufactured definition - however, I have no interest whatsoever in letting anyone like Alyssa Bustamante walk the streets.

My ability to dole out justice is enhanced by being a liberal thinker, not hindered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann