Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many variations from incorrect translations, I don't know what is official or not. Those phrases have been noted.
I think I have read some of your hypothetical answers in previos pages? My bottom line is the evidence that Joran's clothing had Stepheny's blood on them. I know Joran can come up with a great story how Stepheny's blood got on his clothes, but I would hope it's better than armed robbers chasing him with Natalee posters. With that story I didn't know if I should laugh or cry.

At this point, because of all the changing details about the crime scene (and I don't attribute that, for the most part, to translation issues- for instance, Mark Fuhrman reported a few weeks back that there was not a lot of blood at the scene, and he got the details directly from the medical examiner, but now we're told again that blood was everywhere), I distrust everything coming from official Peruvian sources.

So, while you cite the fact Stephany's blood is supposedly on Joran's shirt, I counter with the previous "fact" that Joran was supposedly found with his bloody clothes on him (not wearing them- in his bag?) I also counter the "fact" that Joran strangled Stephany with his own shirt with the previous "facts" that the murder weapon was a baseball bat, tennis racket or professional karate chop which broke her neck. All of these "facts" were not lost in translation, they came from the medical examiner or the chief of the investigation in Peru.

The armed robbers are from Joran's alleged story to the Chilean authorities, who are hardly any more credible than Peru's. Bottom line- I have never thought Joran willingly confessed, so I'm not concerned about any of the ridiculous details in that "confession."

I readily admit that Joran is hard to defend and his own worst enemy. In fact, I think that's the reason why so many people on this forum, and in the country in general, are ignoring all the glaring inconsistencies and illogical nature of the "evidence" against him. He has been thoroughly demonized for years by the American press, and unfortunately has never done very much to rehabilitate his image. Thus, there is a predisposed yearning on the part of the public to see him punished for something.

Wouldn't such a hotel notice she never left the room for 2 days? Odd, odd, and triple odd. Looks like there was one way in and one way out. Not knowing the layout of the hotel, I can't confirm.

MOO

Mel

That question keeps coming up and I did give an opinion once. However, seems to me there are only 2 workers on duty most times? Several floors with several suites on each floor. Cleaning after someone "checks" out, not cleaning or entering the room if they have been told not to bother cleaning the room, and there have been articles written that Joran has told them he will be back in a few days and not to disturb his girl. Whether that is so, I don't know, however if that is true, a good reason for them not to bother with the room, and then forgetting until such time the odor is present or they are full up and realize no one has come back to that room. There may have been different shifts of workers on as well and sometimes not all things get passed from one shift to another. Also if they have not been too busy and had alot of spare rooms, the one room wouldn't have been an issue for the time being. That would be a logical explanation, imo.

That's good :) He better not get released, or he's burnt toast. There will be hundreds, if not thousands, of people of peru waiting for him. In the event he is released, he will not be able to fly off to the Netherlands either. Maybe, just maybe, house arrest -- but where? If I were in his shoes, I'd want to stay in Castro Castro where the guards are keeping him from being executed!

MOO

Mel

And I wonder, at this point, if that's what people really want. A literal lynch mob, not a figurative one (like Nancy Grace and her media cohorts are leading). Even among the kindest and gentlest of people, there appears to be a latent ardor for vigilante justice.

Does anyone know his actual check IN date was..??? If he was a "regular" they may not have thought much about it... TIA

According to the receptionist, he checked in on May 14, 2010, at approximately 6:12 (doesn't state am or pm). Stephany was found on June 2 at 12:40 AM. So in fact the hotel could just have been sloppy in their bookkeeping since he had been there for so long (well, for me it seems like a long time).

The last time the receptionist saw him was on May 30, 2010, at 8:10 AM, after they "both" left the hotel and she saw him a half block or so as she retreated to her home and passed him carrying two cups of coffee (or chocolate) that he had apparently bought at the grip Primax, which is located next to the hotel, or another place nearby.

This is from her statement (attached):

View attachment vandertranslation.pdf

Mel

Snipped from Anita's telegraaf interview, paper version.

„Toen Paul overleed, zijn we samengekomen in Arnhem om hem te cremeren. Mijn twee jongste zoons vlogen in vanuit de VS, waar ze studeren. Ik kwam uit Aruba, en Joran kwam weer ergens anders vandaan.”

translation;
When Paul died, we all got together in Arnhem to cremate him.
My two youngest sons flew in from the US, where they are studying. I came from Aruba and Joran came from somewhere else.

It almost sounds as if Paulus was the anchor that held everything together? The two other children closer to Anita? That left Joran
to spin off into oblivion ... ?

And I wonder, at this point, if that's what people really want. A literal lynch mob, not a figurative one (like Nancy Grace and her media cohorts are leading). Even among the kindest and gentlest of people, there appears to be a latent ardor for vigilante justice.

I know -- which is why he should just stay put and stop all this nonsense. I really can't figure why JVS would want out. Unless he's that detached about what's going on with the general public and the fury behind his actions.

After all, Peru isn't America. If he's let go, I think they'd just open the doors and let him go, and let someone else take care of justice. Personally, I don't believe in vigalante justice. If he's found guilty, let him serve time in general population.

JMO.

Mel

I would love to see what JVDS would do with a "camel spider" crawling on him in the middle of the night... Thats what my son has to deal with in Afghanistan...and he's a good guy... A rat would be a joke to my son... If you got a sec. google a camel spider..eewwwww....

That question keeps coming up and I did give an opinion once. However, seems to me there are only 2 workers on duty most times? Several floors with several suites on each floor. Cleaning after someone "checks" out, not cleaning or entering the room if they have been told not to bother cleaning the room, and there have been articles written that Joran has told them he will be back in a few days and not to disturb his girl. Whether that is so, I don't know, however if that is true, a good reason for them not to bother with the room, and then forgetting until such time the odor is present or they are full up and realize no one has come back to that room. There may have been different shifts of workers on as well and sometimes not all things get passed from one shift to another. Also if they have not been too busy and had alot of spare rooms, the one room wouldn't have been an issue for the time being. That would be a logical explanation, imo.

Very good, communication between shifts is a very big issue. Not unlike these forums we read. I leave for a day and come back to another 15 pages of post to read through. Sometimes I have and take the time, other times not so much.

Everybody makes money in a case like this. Why should only the networks make the money? Anita did say in her Telegraaf interview that she wanted to start a foundation (sounds familiar?) to help Joran in prison plus other prisoners in Peruvian jails. For Melody, it was winning the lottery. Most people in her position would not turn that down. As for Anita, she is looking at huge legal expenses. I doubt , if the case will make her rich.
Sending some shirts and pants to Joran is perfectly natural for a mother, no matter how heinous his crimes are..

...Joran in prison plus other prisoners in Peruvian jails. ?:waitasec:

There's the denial and the association. My sporter .... and those other
sporters .... how about helping .... Amsterdam?

According to the receptionist, he checked in on May 14, 2010, at approximately 6:12 (doesn't state am or pm). Stephany was found on June 2 at 12:40 AM. So in fact the hotel could just have been sloppy in their bookkeeping since he had been there for so long (well, for me it seems like a long time).

The last time the receptionist saw him was on May 30, 2010, at 8:10 AM, after they "both" left the hotel and she saw him a half block or so as she retreated to her home and passed him carrying two cups of coffee (or chocolate) that he had apparently bought at the grip Primax, which is located next to the hotel, or another place nearby.

This is from her statement (attached):

View attachment 9889

Mel

Doesn't she say she works the night shift like midnight to eight or something similar?

At this point, because of all the changing details about the crime scene (and I don't attribute that, for the most part, to translation issues- for instance, Mark Fuhrman reported a few weeks back that there was not a lot of blood at the scene, and he got the details directly from the medical examiner, but now we're told again that blood was everywhere), I distrust everything coming from official Peruvian sources.

So, while you cite the fact Stephany's blood is supposedly on Joran's shirt, I counter with the previous "fact" that Joran was supposedly found with his bloody clothes on him (not wearing them- in his bag?) I also counter the "fact" that Joran strangled Stephany with his own shirt with the previous "facts" that the murder weapon was a baseball bat, tennis racket or professional karate chop which broke her neck. All of these "facts" were not lost in translation, they came from the medical examiner or the chief of the investigation in Peru.

The armed robbers are from Joran's alleged story to the Chilean authorities, who are hardly any more credible than Peru's. Bottom line- I have never thought Joran willingly confessed, so I'm not concerned about any of the ridiculous details in that "confession."

I readily admit that Joran is hard to defend and his own worst enemy. In fact, I think that's the reason why so many people on this forum, and in the country in general, are ignoring all the glaring inconsistencies and illogical nature of the "evidence" against him. He has been thoroughly demonized for years by the American press, and unfortunately has never done very much to rehabilitate his image. Thus, there is a predisposed yearning on the part of the public to see him punished for something.

BBM: I've already thrown that armed robber story out of my mind. In the photos, you can see that Stephany has a gold ring on and a nice looking watch. Why would they want her cash, car, and credit card numbers only. And where are these robbers on the video tapes!

And I thought there was a photo published in the media thread showing the white shirt with black buttons. That's not the same shirt she was wearing when she walked in -- but looks a lot like JVS's.

MOO

Mel

Are you still gathering information about this case to write your book...??? I am curious if you know some underlying reason for the death of Stephany..?? Are you trying to say that she was "sacrifisied" at the cost of putting Joran in prision???? cuz I've been reading your post for some time now and I can't seem to see what you are getting at???:banghead:

Doesn't she say she works the night shift like midnight to eight or something similar?

Hi Lola,

Yes, she said she works 8:00 PM to 8:00 AM Monday - Saturday.

IMO - both departing around the same time (she passes him in her car, he's walking) does make sense to me.

Best,

Mel

The Flores family feelings about Joran's mother may be becoming more skeptical. At the end of this ABC video, Anita expresses her sympathy for NH's and SF's families and says she would like to give them a big hug. But then John K., the reporter, says he spoke to the Flores family about her interview and they said that, although they are appreciative of Anita's sentiments, they are concerned that this is all part of a plan to get an insanity plea for Joran. (paraphrased)

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/mom-joran-van-der-sloot-sneaky-child-missed/story?id=10997756

dont be too surprised if someone plays the "those barbarians" card.
ie., Peru is too uncivilised to have any 'decent' person jailed there so let
him be jailed in the USA, or in Aruba, or in Netherlands, or on the Riviera,
or at home ... !

and as for the Joran knuckle swelling, I am a blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do, and have broken many boards/bricks...and my knuckles never broke. Elbow strikes are effective, both crossbodied and behind, but it's hard to imagine someone using their elbow without training. I don't believe Joran had any martial arts training, and muay thai uses hands and arms as boxing/striking rather than elbow strikes {elbow strikes are used mostly for defense and are very effective when attacked/held from behind}). quote: Herding Cats

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/inside-look-at-aruba-prison/6563zyf
It's been awhile since I watched, but I believe Joran got into a fight (and lost)
when he was in the Aruba Prison. IMO

It's ironic, but in viewing the video link you posted, I noticed another video available on that webpage which shows JVDS going for DNA testing in Aruba...a topic that had just been debated on this thread earlier today!!!

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/dna-testing-for-aruba-suspects/6kiz69s

BBM: I've already thrown that armed robber story out of my mind. In the photos, you can see that Stephany has a gold ring on and a nice looking watch. Why would they want her cash, car, and credit card numbers only. And where are these robbers on the video tapes!

And I thought there was a photo published in the media thread showing the white shirt with black buttons. That's not the same shirt she was wearing when she walked in -- but looks a lot like JVS's.

MOO

Mel

The photos are pretty 'galvanising' aren't they. They threw me straight back into reality. Suddenly it's like 'NO! this is totally sick' he can never be let out of prison etc.....that poor poor girl.

RIP Stefany.

I would love to see what JVDS would do with a "camel spider" crawling on him in the middle of the night... Thats what my son has to deal with in Afghanistan...and he's a good guy... A rat would be a joke to my son... If you got a sec. google a camel spider..eewwwww....

OMG -- now I'm not gonna sleep tonight. Yah, throw one of THOSE on his comfy mattress. Do they have them in peru? You can kick a rat, but I'd end up on the ceiling if I saw a camel spider.

Best wishes to your son - I wish he had the amenities that JVS has. Doesn't seem fair at all.

Hugs,

Mel

The photos are pretty 'galvanising' aren't they. They threw me straight back into reality. Suddenly it's like 'NO! this is totally sick' he can never be let out of prison etc.....that poor poor girl.

RIP Stefany.

I know -- it does bring you (and me) back to reality. How could someone on this earth do such a thing. It's just horrifying!

NG Jean describing what hotel staff first saw when they entered the room; saw a female with long dark hair and all the blood; immediately called police. Crime scene analyst Sheryl McCollum on the show describing SF's injuries, he deliberately destroyed her face; she believes J deliberately knew what he was doing; not only about money.

If this was all deliberate HOW did he plan on getting away?

Does he actually think he has some kind of immunity-protection?

Paragraph 1. Joran stated he did try and clean up, so I imagine "all the blood" was discovered by the use of luminol, which is what has been noted. I trust Peruvian official sources more than Aruban sources. They have no need to lie.

Paragraph 2. Those sources are from the media who may have misunderstood phrases, etc when interviewing officials.

Paragraph 3. I do believe Joran confessed without co-ersion; it's his style and he has had practice. Just that there's no one in Peru that will 'lose' evidence. Plus he grew up around lawyers and he has shown us before how he can manuever the system to his advantage. He's trying the same thing in Peru. He supposedly asked to confess and was told not to but went ahead anyway to the Chileans. He knows what he is doing!

Paragraph 4. He could ave stopped all that in the very beginning by telling the truth. He didn't. American media and Beth would have left him alone if he had told the truths in the first place. He chose to lie and lie and lie again and again. He did it to himself. Anita in her interviews throws that out too. What insanity! It really seems to me that Joran and Anita are very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard