TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

and i forgot to add i preyed for hailey and her family tonight at church , i couldn't make it to the vigil tonight. prayers and hugs to hailey and her family!!

But wouldn't the dad's girlfriend have been questioned the very next day? If so, then it does seem strange to me that she would not recall the day before.

When my youngest two were little, I finally got them both to sleep one evening after a long day, (daddy was working), I still had dishes, laundry, and cleaning to do but I lay down "just for a few minutes". It was summer, so the sun was still up. I startled awake an hour later in a panic...I thought I had slept all night, the clock read 9:00, but what happened to the sun? It was still dark at 9 am! :crazy:

Yup, with a new baby and sporadic sleep, you could have asked me my name and I might have had to think about it. Girlfriend could be telling the truth.

But wouldn't the dad's girlfriend have been questioned the very next day? If so, then it does seem strange to me that she would not recall the day before.

This is how I am seeing this...

Let's say I have gotten very little sleep on Saturday, Sunday and Monday night. Or even the last 2 months. Maybe laying down with baby for a nap during the days. Sleeping when baby does. I wake up and have to check and see what day it is... because I'm just not sure. I'm so tired.

Let's say I have someone who visits frequently... I don't generally need to note... "they were here at 3pm on Monday wearing this outfit."

They just come and go and I am overwhelmed and busy with a new baby. Just not paying attention to what a 13 year old is doing.

Then suddenly in the middle of it all that 13 year old is missing. People ask me on Tuesday.... did I see them on Monday?

I was home all day and did the same thing both Sunday and Monday. I think I saw her Monday. No maybe it was Sunday.... or Saturday... or it could have been all 3. I can't remember... I have no idea. How can I not remember that?!

For all we know they could have the perfect baby who sleeps all night. My first daughter did that... but my second one made up for her.

Maybe someone would know how the Dad's girlfriend is handling having a baby, how she is sleeping, whether that factors into her not remembering.

How is her relationship with Hailey, would she have even talked to her if she stopped by? Maybe she doesn't have much relationship with her and just wouldn't have cared or noticed if she stopped by or not.

At this point I don't find it odd that she doesn't remember. People forget far worse things when they have a new baby. They forget the BABY itself! :waitasec:

ok, so im not getting why they are not posting an amber alert if they don't have evidence that there was no violent abduction, how would they know there wasn't, someone could have possibly drove up behind her and taken her like that. or done something gruesome to this girl and nobody would know anything about it. and another thing i would like to know is there anything being said about this in any other states besides texas? it would be pretty helpful if they were, i mean, im not saying that the police are not doing a good job because they are doing all they can to help find her, but i think it would be a great idea to post some of these things in other states too if they already havn't. (=

You need to have an description of a vehicle for an Amber Alert. At this point according to the tiny bits of info gleaned from police, they have no idea who to look for because everyone says they haven't seen her! ( Except for Mom's BF, who was the last to see her and gave the whole "she told me about a sleepover" story which no one else knew about and can't be confirmed.) CCPD's whole runaway theory seems to have been based upon this unconfirmed story from the BF.

According to the story in today's Abilene Reporter News, Mitchell County Sheriff's Dept. is assisting. Sheriff's investigator is quoted saying that he is not convinced she ran away, she may have been taken or coerced. Sounds like a smart man to me!

Hopefully, the Texas Rangers will take over... I moved away from that town 7 yrs ago after a perpetrator tried to get in my daughters window... footprints led from his house to mine & he jumped my 6 ft privacy fence.

The problem with a small town is everyone knows everyone, but they don't! We moved to a small AZ town to raise our children, I worked for probation and my husband was LE.....amazing how many SO were hiding, judge's knew the families, so everything was done hush hush, as not to embarrasses anyone! What a night mare, they were working at the only McDonalds, the small stores, the daycare's.....it was a scary place! I could tell you stories that would curl your hair! Never again!
I was praying that she would be found by now, but I am afraid this is much bigger then a simple run away!

Is there a link about the baby being born in November 2010? Sure it's not November 2009? Just wondering b/c on FB and MS, she has a picture of a little girl/toddler that looks about a year old. I, too, think the dad's GF just doesn't remember -- my youngest is 3 1/2 and keeps us exhausted around here... Plus, with the Christmas holidays, it's harder to remember which day it actually is. Your days get thrown off

ETA: When I woke up this morning, I checked the internet ASAP, hoping she had been found and was back home. Prayers for Hailey and her family. (You could really tell the toll this was taking on her parents in the video, esp. with the bags under her mom's eyes. :cry:)

I'm in another small town about 100 miles south of Colorado City. There has not been any exposure in this area at all about Hailey, at least not in the newspapers. So many people have satellite TV and not all of them get local news. Will try and spread the word. Prayers for Hailey and her safe return.

Observances ~

* Hailey is 13yo
* She has a 16yo brother
* Her parents are divorced and father is remarried
* Her father and stepmom have a new baby, as of Nov.
* She lives primarily with her mother (made mention of debating who to spend Thanksgiving with and decided to spend it with dad and new baby sister)
* She has an aunt and uncle that they either live with or who live nearby, as they had her watch her twin cousins one night at 10pm while they went shopping
* Her profile pic is that of her baby cousin

Questions ~

* Was Hailey at her mother's or father's when she went missing?
* What of Hailey's is missing?
* What do they think should be missing, but has been found?
* Why did her friend not call to ask where she was, if Hailey did not show up for the sleepover?

According to previous post, pic is of cousin, not sister.

Just in case there are any guests reading here this morning who may have attended the vigil last night, I want to say Welcome to WebSleuths!

I am so proud of Hailey's family, friends, teachers and neighbors for stepping up to organize the candlelight prayer vigil! You are the people who so desperately want to help bring Hailey home and see justice served for anyone who has harmed or kept Hailey from her family!

750 people attending a vigil in a town the size of Colorado City is truly an impressive number! With such widespread enthusiasm and a reward of $10,000, I seriously doubt that any of her teenage friends are holding back on important information. Teens gossip; secrets would be out if there were any.

Good job Community!:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

So do we know why the BF was at the house the day that Hailey disappeared? Was this something her mother knew about in advance or was it something she found out later when info was being gathered?

So do we know why the BF was at the house the day that Hailey disappeared? Was this something her mother knew about in advance or was it something she found out later when info was being gathered?

czgtz posted that he spent a lot of time at the home where Hailey and her Mom live. I can't say if she expected him to be that Monday at the time he was there. I assume he works...?

Oh my! Since he doesn't live there, where does he live?:waitasec: I wonder if he has a place where he lives alone...and how thoroughly it has been searched if it was searched at all?

Cz, Redcat, help! We need you!

What a great turnout for the vigil - that is a lot of people for a small town. Hailey's family has a voice and hope they continue to use it. I do believe that is Hailey's dad in the interview with Billie. Here is a snippet from one of the news articles:

Hailey Darlene Dunn's parents say she disappeared on December 27th and had plans to go to a friend's house, but never made it.

According to a flyer sent to us by a Mitchell County radio station, an anonymous reward that began as $1,000 has now grown to $10,000 and is being offered for Hailey's safe return or information.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26345660/detail.html

Attachments

• Hailey's mom on news.png
    Hailey's mom on news.png
    164 KB · Views: 41
I want to know what "evidence" LE claims to have that leads them to believe she ran away?

One thing I know about 13 year old girls for SURE, is if one was to planning to runaway, her friends would know and she would have taken A LOT of stuff with her.

Morning everyone. I was having trouble with the site last night, and kept getting thrown completely off every time I tried to post. I finally just gave up. I see that I have a lot of posts to catch up with.

Thanks to all of you from Billie for your continued thoughts and prayers. I let her know daily of the hopes and prayers that you all have for Hailey's safe return, and the tremendous effort everyone is making to get this picked up by the media. Please continue with that effort so that Hailey's face is everywhere.

I just heard from her.... nothing new that she knows of. I know that several questions were raised last night that I was unable to post to. Hopefully I will not have trouble posting this morning.

An estimated 750 people attended a prayer vigil for missing teenager Hailey Dunn on Sunday night at Colorado Middle School in Colorado City.
“To me, I think it’d be more than just considered runaway,” Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs told the Reporter-News on Sunday night. His agency has interviewed several of Hailey’s classmates to help Colorado City police. Toombs said Texas Rangers also have assisted in the case.

While Toombs said his agency was only assisting Colorado City, Hailey’s disappearance remains a mystery, he said.

more here

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/02/cash-reward-offered-for-missing-13-year-old-girl/

He just looked too young and he said nothing at all! No nodding in agreement, not even an "uhuh", not one peep. He just kept shifting his eyes side to side. I wonder if the reporter could have been mistaken?

Anyone who knows Hailey's Dad- is it him for sure?

Yes, that was Clint. Please understand that both Billie and Clint are devestated, and neither are acting themselves.

Billie and Clint both love Hailey and DD more than they are able to express. Anything odd that any of you noticed was probably due to a combination of heartache, loss of sleep, nerves, and a myriad of other things.

Also, Billie told me that while it was not a long interview, everything except for her making the plea for Hailey's return was cut.

Yes, that was Clint. Please understand that both Billie and Clint are devestated, and neither are acting themselves.

Billie and Clint both love Hailey and DD more than they are able to express.

Thank you for clarifying that - I know that if I were in the same circumstance my actions would be totally abnormal. Please give Billie and Clint a cyber hug and let them know that whatever we can do to help we will.

He just looked too young and he said nothing at all! No nodding in agreement, not even an "uhuh", not one peep. He just kept shifting his eyes side to side.

To me, he just looked absolutely exhausted. Perhaps he was just too tired to talk at that point. Hopefully they can get more time in front of the camera soon, anything would help!

I'm in another small town about 100 miles south of Colorado City. There has not been any exposure in this area at all about Hailey, at least not in the newspapers. So many people have satellite TV and not all of them get local news. Will try and spread the word. Prayers for Hailey and her safe return.

This is a great point. I live in rural Alabama, have satellite TV and even though I have local channels I watch them very rarely because it's mostly just Birmingham news. I'd be much more likely to hear about stuff through one of the cable news channels. Has Hailey's story been on CNN or Fox? Has Nancy Grace covered it yet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back