The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for the link that stated that Raven's church had gathered enough money for one month's rent for the family. It also mentioned the two months free that the landlord gave them, (an awfully nice thing for a landlord to do - doesn't this landlord work in a real estate office? - they're typically in the business to make money. They must have become very friendly with the landlord pretty quickly for him to give them free rent. Then again, with the baby, I would have done everything I could to help them as well.) What months were these three months rent for?

JerseyGirl said:
I'm looking for the link that stated that Raven's church had gathered enough money for one month's rent for the family. It also mentioned the two months free that the landlord gave them, (an awfully nice thing for a landlord to do - doesn't this landlord work in a real estate office? - they're typically in the business to make money. They must have become very friendly with the landlord pretty quickly for him to give them free rent. Then again, with the baby, I would have done everything I could to help them as well.) What months were these three months rent for?
JerseyGirl, the church wouldn't have gathered money for the Abaroa's monthly rent. The leaders of the area congregations have money specifically designated from the tithing that we pay for welfare cases and the like. So, I think that the money would have come out of funds such as these. It wouldn't have been donated. Just to clear it up. And I remember reading that too.

And I remember reading that not only did the landlord give them two free months of rent, he lowered the price on the rent too.

Well if we really want to be accurate here, tithing funds are not used for welfare matters. Tithing is used for building new buildings, maintaining them, etc. - more temporal or physical things. "Fast offerings" are used exclusively for helping those in need - paying rent, buying groceries, paying bills, etc. When we fast (usually the first Sunday of the month), we take the money that we would have spent on those meals and give it to the Church as fast offerings.

Jenifred said:
JerseyGirl, the church wouldn't have gathered money for the Abaroa's monthly rent. The leaders of the area congregations have money specifically designated from the tithing that we pay for welfare cases and the like. So, I think that the money would have come out of funds such as these. It wouldn't have been donated. Just to clear it up. And I remember reading that too.

And I remember reading that not only did the landlord give them two free months of rent, he lowered the price on the rent too.

ROFLOL. You do know that you are preaching to the choir, right, NC Banker?
You are splitting hairs with a fellow Saint.

NCBanker said:
Well if we really want to be accurate here, tithing funds are not used for welfare matters. Tithing is used for building new buildings, maintaining them, etc. - more temporal or physical things. "Fast offerings" are used exclusively for helping those in need - paying rent, buying groceries, paying bills, etc. When we fast (usually the first Sunday of the month), we take the money that we would have spent on those meals and give it to the Church as fast offerings.

This is amazing reading........I've spent days and nights reading through all of this! There are still so many unanswered questions. The family's silence? If this was my daughter, I would do everything and anything to bring this horrific crime out in the opened, including posting a reward for any information leading to the arrest of the murderer. Money talks! Somebody heard or knows something. The fact that Janet's family is housing Raven and Kaiden. If they thought Raven was a suspect, I can't imagine them allowing him to live with another one of their daughters. Do we know anything about this sister he is living with? Is she single? Could there be something going on there??? :waitasec:

Some LDS families, IMO, tend to be more cohesive in times of trouble. Remember, in the Hacking case, the families supported each other...there was none of the sniping that characterized the relationship between the Petersons and Rochas in the Laci case.

vero said:
Some LDS families, IMO, tend to be more cohesive in times of trouble. Remember, in the Hacking case, the families supported each other...there was none of the sniping that characterized the relationship between the Petersons and Rochas in the Laci case.
Yes, but the Hackings supported his family, not him!

JerseyGirl said:
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/durham/story/2356802p-8734464c.html

.......The lapse in income led their landlord to offer two months' free rent, and their church helped to pay for a third month, their landlord, Peter Greijn of Referral Realty, said Wednesday.

lauriej said:
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/durham/story/2356802p-8734464c.html

.......The lapse in income led their landlord to offer two months' free rent, and their church helped to pay for a third month, their landlord, Peter Greijn of Referral Realty, said Wednesday.

So, they moved there in August 2004 and paid rent through January 2005 (the month he was fired?), the landlord gave them free rent for February and March and their church paid for April?

ewwwinteresting said:
So, they moved there in August 2004 and paid rent through January 2005 (the month he was fired?), the landlord gave them free rent for February and March and their church paid for April?
http://www.wral.com/news/4431154/detail.html

WRAL has learned Abaroa and her husband, Raven, had been going through money problems recently. Their landlord let them live rent-free for the last two months after they lost their jobs. The landlord said they had found new jobs and were getting back on their feet.

............it looks like it..........2 months free rent for 2 months after leaving eurosport....the church kicked in for a month before or after that.....

Does anybody else think it's odd that no reward has been offered by Janet's or Raven's family? Maybe this is not the norm if the person isn't missing.

Has anybody been able to find more information about Raven's proposed assault on a referee? That would be an interesting police report to read.

.............meanwhile....

raven's posts as NC VX

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=51209#post51209

I want to go out and just buy a third vehicle (or make my VX my third Vehicle), but I'm having a tough time coming up with funds to pay for it,

Ultimitly, I need to come up with some funds to keep me from selling the VX... I feel so guilty even considering selling it...

............................that was his post 10/2004..............he DID NOT end up selling it.....yet let everyone else pay his rent ?

lauriej said:
.............meanwhile....

raven's posts as NC VX

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=51209#post51209

I want to go out and just buy a third vehicle (or make my VX my third Vehicle), but I'm having a tough time coming up with funds to pay for it,

Ultimitly, I need to come up with some funds to keep me from selling the VX... I feel so guilty even considering selling it...

............................that was his post 10/2004..............he DID NOT end up selling it.....yet let everyone else pay his rent ?

Excellent point! What is up with that? He still has a VX and a motorcycle and a palm pilot and a computer and a Dodge Durango, but can't pay rent? Didn't I read somewhere that he pawned something....maybe his wedding ring?????

ewwwinteresting said:
Excellent point! What is up with that? He still has a VX and a motorcycle and a palm pilot and a computer and a Dodge Durango, but can't pay rent? Didn't I read somewhere that he pawned something....maybe his wedding ring?????
....yep, LE did t ake a pawn ticket during the search............i sure do wonder what was pawned ??

...( surely nothing of raven's.....................he appears to be sooooooooooo materialistic.....)

lauriej said:
....yep, LE did t ake a pawn ticket during the search............i sure do wonder what was pawned ??

...( surely nothing of raven's.....................he appears to be sooooooooooo materialistic.....)

And if it was something of Janet's, it would surely create a heated debate between the two of them.

ewwwinteresting said:
And if it was something of Janet's, it would surely create a heated debate between the two of them.
...speaking of heated debates..................following the funeral, a couple of anonymous posters gave info on raven's numerous 'indiscretions'........before , during, or after the period he and janet had briefly seperated.....

...if the 'friends' knew what was going on................did janet ?

lauriej said:
...speaking of heated debates..................following the funeral, a couple of anonymous posters gave info on raven's numerous 'indiscretions'........before , during, or after the period he and janet had briefly seperated.....

...if the 'friends' knew what was going on................did janet ?
It would be nice to hear more information from the "friends" about this. If they were Janet's friends, maybe she confided in them about her husband's behavior. If they were Raven's friends, Janet may not of known. I am wondering if they were one night stands or an Amber Frye relationship kind of thing?

ewwwinteresting said:
Does anybody else think it's odd that no reward has been offered by Janet's or Raven's family? Maybe this is not the norm if the person isn't missing.

I would be astounded, shocked, maybe in need of medical help if the Peters family, AKA as Raven's family, offered a reward with funds in an escrow account.

I am surprised that Janet's family has not done so, but people who have PM'ed me think it's a given with the Christenson's that Janet's husband is the perp.

Has anybody been able to find more information about Raven's proposed assault on a referee? That would be an interesting police report to read.
I agree that it would be neat to have a copy. Are there not any NC residents on WS who could find this at the court house?
I have looked online and there are no records that I could find in their online database.

PrayersForMaura said:
Ok, this is odd... I went to classmates.com and found abaroa's profile and clicked on the school he went to and it brought up his sister, shiloh abaroa... but when I cliecked on her name, it listed "treena smith" as her name. :confused:
YES, there are 2 proper surnames for the " Abaroa" children and half-siblings. One is Peters, the other Smith. Go back to the initial threads, and you will see that all of the children had either an S or a P in their names before " Abaroa".

Thinkoflaura said:
I would be astounded, shocked, maybe in need of medical help if the Peters family, AKA as Raven's family, offered a reward with funds in an escrow account.

I am surprised that Janet's family has not done so, but people who have PM'ed me think it's a given with the Christenson's that Janet's husband is the perp.
So, by not putting up a reward, does that indicate that the Abaroa Peters family are aware who did it and do not need the public's help???

It doesn't make sense to me that Raven would be living with another one of their daughters if the Christensens think Raven is the perp.

Gee.........soooooo many unanswered questions and concerns in this case!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine2u49