CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Public info from FB/Instagram shows BL having a gaming username that is a chemical compound for extinguishing fires - Purple K (not the exact user name). This just struck me as disturbing after yesterday's body found burned & I hope he really didn't self-burn as some have speculated. :(

Public info from FB/Instagram shows BL having a gaming username that is a chemical compound for extinguishing fires - Purple K (not the exact user name). This just struck me as disturbing after yesterday's body found burned & I hope he really didn't self-burn as some have speculated. :(

Maybe a coincidence. Purple K also looks like a bodybuilding supplement. He looks like he works out and parents describe him as very fit... maybe that's it?

Maybe a coincidence. Purple K also looks like a bodybuilding supplement. He looks like he works out and parents describe him as very fit... maybe that's it?

Except the word 'fire' is also part of the user name. But it could be related to the supplement as well. Just struck me as a possible fascination with fire related subject matter.

Okay here's what confused me about Bryce and the route he took:

http://www.myfoxla.com/video?autoSt...=default&clipId=9263689#.UiVkCsQSVhM.facebook

It sounds like his dad is saying that Bryce was pretty far off from where he was supposed to be on I-5??? Is this true?

I know his Dad says that where they found the car is "quite far" from the 5 where Bryce was driving. In reality, it's not more than a couple of miles (I don't know exactly where the car was found, but the lake is right off the 5). However, I think what his Dad was getting at was that if he was indeed just pulling off the fwy to sleep like he told them, there are many places to do that right off the fwy in Castaic. There would be no reason to go driving around a remote area of the lake at that hour just to find a place to park and get some shut-eye before making that last 1.5 hours of driving to get home to Laguna Niguel. That is how I interpreted his Dad's remarks anyway.

Ok, let me clear up a few things.
Bryce is my nephew.
1.He does not have a drug problem, he like most people experimented with marijuana in High School and has recently tried Diovan (Adderall) Supposedly, Adderall is being used by college students to help them focus.
2. He does not have any issues with his sexuality. He has had a lot of girlfriends and knowing him since born think I would have seen a warning sign if otherwise
3. The movie link that was posted was for a high school arts class

Lets stay on track here and try to help find him. I will try to update and monitor here on this forum.

As of right now there is no new news. My sister and brother-in-law are still waiting for an answer on the body found by Castaic lake. They did supply dental records

Okay here's what confused me about Bryce and the route he took:

http://www.myfoxla.com/video?autoSt...=default&clipId=9263689#.UiVkCsQSVhM.facebook

It sounds like his dad is saying that Bryce was pretty far off from where he was supposed to be on I-5??? Is this true?

BL's dad is out at the site where his car was found in this interview. He seems to be referring to where the car was found as being "pretty far off" for him to have just pulled off to sleep. Which is very true. I believe it's been said to be 3 miles. Once off the freeway, he would have had to drive past populated areas & a little ways through nothingness to get where his vehicle was found.

Another thing, I really feel that LASD dropped the ball on this one from the get go. They did search and rescue on Friday but nothing else until Tuesday after the media was heavily involved.
I live in a southwest suburb of Chicago and can tell you that something like this would have been handled entirely differently up here.
I can't remember if it was on this forum or another forum, but someone asked why is LASD handling the case and not Santa Clarita - The answer is that Castaic Lake is run by Los Angeles Dept of Parks and IS technically in LA County

Bryce is my nephew.
1.He does not have a drug problem, he like most people experimented with marijuana in High School and has recently tried Diovan (Adderall) Supposedly, Adderall is being used by college students to help them focus.
2. He does not have any issues with his sexuality. He has had a lot of girlfriends and knowing him since born think I would have seen a warning sign if otherwise

Lets stay on track here and try to help find him. I will try to update and monitor here on this forum.

As of right now there is no new news. My sister and brother-in-law are still waiting for an answer on the body found by Castaic lake. They did supply dental records

Thank you and welcome - so sorry it's under these difficult circumstances!

Thanks for clearing this up! I thought I remember reading earlier in the thread that his route was unusual/out of the way.

Bryce is my nephew.

:seeya: Welcome dragracerz! Thank you so much for joining us. The waiting must be terrible for your family. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Please understand that at WS, we simply explore all possible theories. We don't intend to hurt any family members. We appreciate you clearing up the rumors for us!

Edited to say that hannah1988's quote appeared up there unintentionally. Darn server issues!

Bryce is my nephew.

So sorry :( glad your here and can clear the air for us
Everyone is speculating. Hope you can give appropriate information when possible.
My heart and prayers go out to you, your family, and friends.

I haven't taken offense from anyones post. I understand everyone is speculating.
I also look at the timeline and try to see it as an "outsider" and believe me it is no easier for me to understand the gray areas in the timeline

I haven't taken offense from anyones post. I understand everyone is speculating.
I also look at the timeline and try to see it as an "outsider" and believe me it is no easier for me to understand the gray areas in the timeline

Welcome to the forum Dragracerz, although I'm terribly sorry it's under these circumstances. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I live within 30 min or so of Castaic and know the area well. I'm hoping you get news today that Bryce has been found safe.

@ dragracerz: What else can you share with us about Bryce and/or the details of his drive from Chico toward his parent's home, events leading up to his departure from Chico, etc. without jeopardizing the investigation?

TIA [=Thanks in advance]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member