The Last Happy Hour, book by Charles Joseph Hackett

Especially coming from an author who clearly thinks (consciously) about the words he chooses "Reno's Rancid Rhetoric"...smh

rancid rhetoric indeed...
CJH = pot calling the kettle black :)

Straight from the horse's mouth. JJ hits on both the topic of the books in the bookshelf and the docs "prosthetic leg." http://jjfieldnotes.blogspot.com/

"...From there we go upstairs to the kitchen-living room area where the doctor’s wife gets us glasses of water with ice. And while she does, I head straight to a great floor-to-ceiling bookshelf in the living room. You can tell a lot about a man by his bookshelf. The first book I see is eye level and it’s called “The Last Happy Hour.” Sounds like a book I’d like to read - or maybe write, I think to myself. Its author has the same last name as the doctor so I ask his wife what the relation is and she tells me that it’s the doctor’s father and that it’s a book about soldiers in World War II. The lower shelves contain a lot of books by popular mystery-detective writers like Kellerman and Patterson. All the way up, on the top shelf, is a collection of books by Hemingway.
Many of Hemingway’s fictional heroes are wounded men who survive and continue to live active lives despite their handicap and sufferings. And I can’t help but wonder if Hemingway’s code of maintaining hope despite such loss has been a source of inspiration for this doctor with the prosthetic leg."

How come the skeptics on here aren't questioning if he actually has both working legs? Has anyone seen proof of this prosthetic leg? I haven't. I am not saying he doesn't have a wooden foot, I just wonder how some question events that are admitted in signed documents and also corroborated by the commissioner of police but haven't questioned the complete lack of proof of this bionic appendage?

Lulz truthspider!

Why don't you hop into the spider sub and take a lil trip out to OB and sneak in thru the back gate and pay a visit to the good DR and the Mrs to verify this info? I've read they are real hospitable. They might even offer you a glass of ice water!

I kid....but I just couldn't resist because the visual made me laugh!:floorlaugh:

wm

Good point about proof of the leg injury, cray reaching thought here, what if it isn't as bad as we think it is? Anyone have info on this?

I have to say when I saw your new pic.....I almost fell on the floor. Like your spirit & conviction as to what you believe. Great sense of humor. So if you feel bullied or intimadated you will clearly identify this.

I know due to reading TOS, that their maybe kids that come on here & nobody should feel bullied or targeted. When I see people inferring things by comments it just creates negative energy & that belongs elsewhere IMO. It is not alright for kids to read posts that may have an undertone of silencing others via name calling etc.

Just being honest I do not like that. I do not like when people ask who one is. Like they are above people or will intimadate by questioning.

I don't answer people if my post was clear to what I said. If a question is a question...than take it as a question. Do not waste others time by asking for link when it is a questionb. People know exactly what they are trying to accomplish. It doesn't get merit. Deceptive.

So my Question is:
Is it true JB & Doc were facebook friends <modsnip>?
Who was the patient of the CPH that overdosed?
Did that person Die?
Did he live in OB?
Wasn't the DR. there with Ambulence saying that he was his patient or did he only state it after it was known?
Has the Dr. ever been caught administering drugs unethically?
If you are a ER Doc one has access to many drugs, that go missing?
Has the hosp. ever released records or how can the history of lost drugs, big quantities used during certain dr. timeline get recorded.

I would seriously like to know what drugs he adminstered @ the ER....that doesn't mean he did it just means the record looks as though he did. I am sure a couple drugs will pop out, IMO

Do you have any links to support all of these rumors?

How come the skeptics on here aren't questioning if he actually has both working legs? Has anyone seen proof of this prosthetic leg? I haven't. I am not saying he doesn't have a wooden foot, I just wonder how some question events that are admitted in signed documents and also corroborated by the commissioner of police but haven't questioned the complete lack of proof of this bionic appendage?
truth I love the foot pic...you are so knowledgable, grately appreciatted. When the doc ran into MG during there visit with jj, the doc had on shorts....empathy...set up, what a disturbing event for MG, drunk lunatic....IMO trying to muck up the families.....ecvil walks amongst us imo

Truth, after over a year of research, why is it that neither you nor anyone else have uncovered any evidence to suggest that CPH has any violence in his past?

I head straight to a great floor-to-ceiling bookshelf in the living room. You can tell a lot about a man by his bookshelf. [/COLOR]

especially when one of them is a semi-autobiographical book written by the man's father.
RTFB.

Truth, after over a year of research, why is it that neither you nor anyone else have uncovered any evidence to suggest that CPH has any violence in his past?

Sorry SS, <modsnip> read about his 2 gross negligence cases against minors and the newsday article from 1997 describing his firing and injuring of 3 workers in the collapsed water container.

<modsnip>

Lulz truthspider!

Why don't you hop into the spider sub and take a lil trip out to OB and sneak in thru the back gate and pay a visit to the good DR and the Mrs to verify this info? I've read they are real hospitable. They might even offer you a glass of ice water!

I kid....but I just couldn't resist because the visual made me laugh!:floorlaugh:

wm

Golly I'm sure they are, probably serve me up some delicious homemade lemonade that has some unexpected side effects....
"ooohh my belly hurts, I don't feel so well"

did you mean real hospiceable or hospitable?

Attachments

• duppy know who fi frighten.jpg
    duppy know who fi frighten.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 17
The 3 workers were injured because a water tower collapsed from beneath them not because of the doc's negligence. They were hurt before the doc got anywhere near them.

Where did JB & SG go upon her arrival?????? JB took Shannan somewhere for 15 or so minutes???? Where? Could it have been THE DOCTORS HOUSE or in a certain location in the area MEETING the Dr HACKETT?????
Make sense if he administered a seditive like stated by Anderson, right????

So the Doctors plott gets much deeper......the type of mean spirited comments the Dr father made in his book is pretty damaging & any professional would put him right under a microscope, IMO. I think he harm's himself.....loves sympathy from others,,,,& is in full Masquarde Costume year round....
He plays security, he plays doctor he plays victim.....he is worthy of disecting himself surely if all this info is what it is. I believe it, as Doc is a pathelogical liar & has been caught...also a common trait of socio-path's.

Security, Parties, tapes erased after 911 calls were made from area, person claiming to be killed goes missing & the tapes were erased. Real Fowl Play. There were incriminating info of others on there in my speculation factor mode. Coincidence& COINCIDENCE times a 1000 of them ....equals conviction in my opinion.

Respectfully snipped & bbm. I thought it was proven that they left to go get lubricant at a local CVS...or wasn't that proven? The erasing of the tapes kills me. I mean, for Dormer to babble on & on about this & that, then deny and/or condradict previous statements about the LISK maybe having a police background, then stating he doesn't believe Shannan's death was by the same killer but rather a drug induced drowning, is ludacris considering the freaking security tapes were erased and/or unretrievable. I mean, maybe more than 1 person with a law enforcement background is involved for crying out loud! These ocean town murders remind me of the rumors in NM about a dirty cop chopping off prostitutes heads.

I'd also like to add that I find Pak's statements to be a tad skeptical. I have in my mind that another name for a driver is a liaison, a security guard, an underling to a pimp. If Shannon was truly on her own, and if Pak drove for other girls as well, then they'd both know that they'd be infringing on another's jurisdiction - so I'm not buying it. I maintain that I think Shannon AND Pak were involved in an organization. Trafficking rakes in money by the millions daily. If Shannon (& this is already a proven fact) was advertising on CraigsList and BackPage, then a member of a trafficking org in charge of their net/web advertisements/activity would have seen that. For Shannan to have advertised for so long tells me she wasn't just working on her own, no way not buying it. So I believe Pak hasn't told the whole truth.

One last thing, has anyone verified Hackett's education? I mean truly verified...bc I came across something odd...

Golly I'm sure they are, probably serve me up some delicious homemade lemonade that has some unexpected side effects....
"ooohh my belly hurts, I don't feel so well"

did you mean real hospiceable or hospitable?

Oooo! Don't go to OB and drink lemonade! We need you here to represent for WS radio tomorrow night.

Actually, I think the two 'H' words depends on the circumstances in that household, JMO.

I planned to offer you a glass of lemonade by simile but there wasn't one so here is one of a foot instead. Sorry. That's all I could find....

:python:

Respectfully snipped & bbm. I thought it was proven that they left to go get lubricant at a local CVS...or wasn't that proven? The erasing of the tapes kills me. I mean, for Dormer to babble on & on about this & that, then deny and/or condradict previous statements about the LISK maybe having a police background, then stating he doesn't believe Shannan's death was by the same killer but rather a drug induced drowning, is ludacris considering the freaking security tapes were erased and/or unretrievable. I mean, maybe more than 1 person with a law enforcement background is involved for crying out loud! These ocean town murders remind me of the rumors in NM about a dirty cop chopping off prostitutes heads.

I'd also like to add that I find Pak's statements to be a tad skeptical. I have in my mind that another name for a driver is a liaison, a security guard, an underling to a pimp. If Shannon was truly on her own, and if Pak drove for other girls as well, then they'd both know that they'd be infringing on another's jurisdiction - so I'm not buying it. I maintain that I think Shannon AND Pak were involved in an organization. Trafficking rakes in money by the millions daily. If Shannon (& this is already a proven fact) was advertising on CraigsList and BackPage, then a member of a trafficking org in charge of their net/web advertisements/activity would have seen that. For Shannan to have advertised for so long tells me she wasn't just working on her own, no way not buying it. So I believe Pak hasn't told the whole truth.

One last thing, has anyone verified Hackett's education? I mean truly verified...bc I came across something odd...

It appears that when a person applies to be a licensed physician in New York State, the education of the candidate is verified:

The New York State
Office of the Professions
License Requirements
http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/med/medlic.htm

"To be licensed as a physician in New York State you must:"

"be of good moral character"
"be at least 21 years of age"
"meet education, examination and experience requirements"
"be a United States citizen or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States (Permanent Resident Card/INS I-551 Status/"Green Card")"

Here is a link to a previous post regarding the doc's credentials:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6936839&postcount=424"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #10[/ame]

Can't post a link for you since it is archived in a pay-only account, but the source of the following quote is this article;

Suffolk EMS Boss Out / Cites `difficulties,' Hibberd's leaving top health position: [NASSAU AND SUFFOLK Edition]
Liam Pleven. STAFF WRITER. Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 25 Sep 1997: A.33.

Three months after Suffolk Health Commissioner Mary Hibberd left after clashing with the county executive, one of her top deputies has submitted his resignation and cited her departure as a key to his own.

Dr. Peter Hackett, who has directed the county's Division of Emergency Medical Services since April, 1995, called Hibberd's move the "primary factor" in his decision to accept a job as director of emergency services at Central Suffolk Hospital in Riverhead. Hackett said he would be paid more than his current salary of $105,000, but would not say how much more.

"In her absence, I've found it difficult to get my job done as I believe it should be done," Hackett said in an interview yesterday.

Hackett added that the problem was not with Hibberd's interim replacement, Dr. Clare Bradley, but he would not say who was responsible for the impediments he perceived.

"There are other people who I have to deal with on a daily or weekly basis," he said. " . . . I have a difference of philosophy with certain of the other people with whom I have to work."

Hackett's comments are significant because Hibberd claimed before she left that the health department was being subjected to outside interference by officials who wanted to use the department for political patronage.

While Hackett made no such specific charge, his comments indicated that at least some top officials in the department are not comfortable since Hibberd's departure.

Hackett's only direct comment pertained to the county's emergency response protocol, which is being revised under the county's Fire Rescue and Emergency Services department.

"I was just concerned about the way the medical disaster preparedness system was being approached," Hackett said.

But other officials noted that Suffolk - Hackett included - had received high marks for its responses to the Sunrise Fire of 1995 and to the aftermath of the explosion of TWA Flight 800 in July, 1996.

And David Fischler, the fire rescue commissioner, said he had sought and received comments from Hackett about how the command structure for medical emergencies should be handled.

"We've always had a good working relationship," Fischler said. "There's differences like I've had with other people. But nothing significant."...

So he wasn't forced out. His departure had NOTHING to do with his performance and everything to do with politics. Stands to reason that some politicians would have taken some jabs at him after this in response to some of the jabs he took at them as he departed.

This letter was published in NEWSDAY on page A33 on October 6, 1997 in the VIEWPOINTS section authored by May W. Newburger;

New Head for Suffolk EMS

The Suffolk County Division of Emergency Medical Services suffered a great loss when Dr. Peter Hackett submitted his resignation from his post as medical director {"Suffolk EMS Boss Out," Sept. 25}. I have had the pleasure of working with Hackett for the past several months on the Suffolk County Police Rapid Defibrillation program. This program, which he had expanded, will save many lives.

The people of Suffolk County deserve nothing less than the best EMS service we can provide. Hackett had committed himself to that cause. Others in the fire-rescue and EMS areas appear to have political and parochial interests in mind, rather than the delivery of quality pre-hospital care.

Hackett has been a caring and knowledgeable medical director. He was getting the job done, despite the obstacles, and he was not afraid to change for the betterment of the system.

In other areas of the country, medical directors with full authority are running some of the most successful EMS systems in the world. Knowing this, he felt we should improve for the sake of our customers who pay the tab. He clearly had a monumental job bringing one of the largest volunteer systems up to a higher standard. Outside influences obviously hampered his effort.

When a new director is hired, he or she should be given full authority over the EMS system. The ability to direct ambulance operations, oversee the proper use of treatment protocols and improve the communication system is vital. This is a difficult task. I know Hackett was up to the job. I hope his replacement is also. Edward Zimmerman. Hauppauge. Editor's Note: The writer is a Suffolk County police officer, a volunteer EMS provider and an emergency medical technician instructor at the Suffolk County Police Academy.

Here is another angle of someone who worked with him durning the flight 800 disaster:

We did keep them busy in the first week, several of the station crewmembers became ill and had to be treated for signs and symptoms of post traumatic stress and gastrointestinal problems. The divers were suffering from an entourage of different alignments, which we were later to learn were the early signs and symptoms of dysbaric injury. Dr. Peter Hackett, Director of Suffolk County EMS and Dr. Joe White of Mather Memorial Hospital established a means to treat all the divers, up to two a day at pre-arranged hyperbaric sites. Their sick call list was heavy and I was thankful to the University of Stonybrook for having them there with us. Dr. Peter Hackett and I were to become good friends; we spent many hours conversing on the crash and how we could have done things better. I hold the belief that we meet certain people in our lives, which will make a direct impact on our future, and that nothing happens by chance. It’s up to each one of us to understand and recognize those individuals when they come into our lives. Dr. Hackett, Arnold Becker and Chief Warrant Officer Ray Handel, were my three important messengers that were interconnected with me. My friend Jeanne once told me that we play out a sequence of events in our lives, and that our life is an interwoven pattern where all the parts work together to make a whole. We are not just apart of the tapestry, but part of the tapestry. This is so true in retrospect.

[...]

On 1 November I was advanced to Chief Petty Officer, the anchor now sits on my collar and with my tour of duty completed. I stayed at the Group long enough to participate in the one year anniversary of TWA. The memories of that day and being with the people I care most about, John Phillips, Arnold Becker, the crew at the East Moriches Ambulance, Dr. Hackett, and the personal at Group Moriches, saying goodbye was the hardest thing I had to do.

Full article: click here

NB: this article is a PDF hosted on the United States Coast Guard site.

Can't post a link for you since it is archived in a pay-only account, but the source of the following quote is this article;

Suffolk EMS Boss Out / Cites `difficulties,' Hibberd's leaving top health position: [NASSAU AND SUFFOLK Edition]
Liam Pleven. STAFF WRITER. Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 25 Sep 1997: A.33.

So he wasn't forced out. His departure had NOTHING to do with his performance and everything to do with politics. Stands to reason that some politicians would have taken some jabs at him after this in response to some of the jabs he took at them as he departed.

Newsday (Melville, NY)
November 24, 1997
Edition: NASSAU AND SUFFOLK
Section: NEWS
Page: A04

Topics:
Index Terms:
SUFFOLK COUNTY.C PETER HACKETT.EMERGENCY.COUNSELING.

Suffolk's Trauma Care Bruised / Disputes still swirl around ex- director
Author: Elizabeth Moore. STAFF WRITER

Article Text:
...........snipped..........
"That version of his departure is "odd," Bradley said, considering Hackett asked to keep his job on a part-time basis, without pay if necessary, in combination with the Central Suffolk job. She said no."

Good job slug you are on the right snail trail now, just keep reading Newsday until November, 24 1997 when you will find the above article and quote where his boss in detail states that he was "let go". "She" was Acting Health Commissioner Clare Bradley. Are you going to accuse Bradley of lying? One of them must be telling an untruth. Funny how 2 months after the article where CPH lied and said he resigned the reporters dug deeper and uncovered he was let go. Those reporters seem to keep uncovering CPH's lies from Sept 97, April 2011, .....

It's just politics, not anyone telling lies. There was a massive changing of the guard (just like we are seeing right now with the new County Executive taking over). This sort of thing happens all of the time. When it comes to public officials and their servants, you cannot get caught up in a he-said/she-said debate to the point where you are hanging on to every word as if it defines someone's character.

Usually when there are two statements that contradict each other, the truth lies somewhere closer to the middle. I still have no doubt that he resigned on his own terms at his own will.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmiter
Back