weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
good video...the defense needs to watch it and stop the foolishness;

How the 12 News story on Juan Martinez originated
After a 12 news story on prosecutor Juan Martinez and his fan base is entered into evidence on a prosecutorial-misconduct hearing during the Jodi Arias trial, 12 news explains why the story was really done.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001

And don't forget "someone who lies is not a liar!"

ALV must share so much with Dan Rather and his view of lies and liars articulated almost exactly a dozen years ago, in May of 2001:

“I think you can be an honest person and lie about any number of things.”

I found the article ALV wrote for the Women's Studies Encyclopedia, it's titled "Battered Husband Syndrome (and Other Tall Tales)".

In it she says "a woman's violence does not create a battered husband syndrome."

:what:

I am disgusted with ALV. Absolutely disgusted.

posted by boodles

Originally Posted by Boodles
JM: Ma'am, it is 6:00, isn't it?

ALV: I can't answer that question. There are two hands on the clock, and they move. They are moving now, even though it's imperceptible. So I cannot say yes, it's not a yes or no answer.

JM: ma'am, the big hand is on the 12 and the shorter one is on the 6, correct? Yes or no.

ALV: It depends what you mean, Mr Martinez, by "the big hand" and "the shorter one." And what do you mean by "on"? Are you trying to trick me? I just can't answer the question. I don't know what you are asking. A clock has moving parts and numbers. There are different types of clocks, digital and analog. And there are time zones...

JM: I didn't ask you whether a clock has moving parts. Did I ask you that? Did I ask you about time zones? Ma'am, you do know how to tell time, don't you?

ALV: Yes, Mr Martinez, I can tell time, but I am here to talk about domestic violence, Mr Martinez, so when you ask me if its 6:00, I am confused about where you're going.

JM: Judge, non-responsive. Please instruct the witness...

JW pops to her feet: Judge, may we approach?

JSS: You may.

Stomp stomp strut strut ==>sidebar ==> 5 minutes of white noise

Stomp stomp strut strut back to chairs.

JSS: Ladies and gentlemen, we are taking a recess for 10 minutes.

30 minutes pass

JM: ma'am, is the time now 6:40? Yes or no.

ALV: the big hand is on the 40 and the little hand is between the 6 and the 7, closer to the 7, so it's 6:40.

this is so epic. I wish it was a youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asj-6JTsVes

Amazing to go back and read the court minutes while ALV was on the stand; there had to be a new record for meetings in chambers with this witness. IIRC, I believe that the line of questioning above prompted one of those meetings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0BwtmTfRHY

JA took the stand on February 4th. Since that date, there have only been three witnesses on the stand: Arias, Samuels and LaViolette. Fortunately the jurors questions show they have not lost sight of the brutality of the murder of Travis Alexander.

This is a youtube sleuther clip worth watching. Did you all realise it took Juan asking three times, including two approaches and a time out for ALV to admit Travis was extremely afraid of JA and her stalking behaviour based on the IM conversation between Travis and Regan? Even at the end ALV didn't admit extremely. I want to know what the question was Juan didn't ask! It does look like she needed a timeout to admit this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asj-6JTsVes

Thanks for the clip! This is just a gross example of what appears to be the defense's entire strategy. They drag feet, clog up court time with ridiculous claims, including calling every single juror a liar. Then testimony on direct takes forever because every last witness has to give anecdotes rather than straight answers. Followed by cross where they refuse to give any straight answers, and it takes an excruciating amount of time to get even the simplest response from them.

Then people criticize Juan for taking too much time. Really? And the defense team files a motion for a "circus-like atmosphere in the courtroom". Really?

It's all so surreal. This trial is a mockery.

One of the talking heads made a statement a while back to the affect that they had finally figured out the defenses strategy - they were going to let Jodi die of old age in the courtroom so she doesn't have to face the possibility of the death penalty. I'm starting to think maybe that TH wasn't joking. Maybe the defense gave them a secret copy of their plans...lol.

Brought over from closed thread:

I am kind of hoping that he cuts back on some rebuttal witnesses. Imo, he does not really need to prove or disprove all of these character assassinations anymore.
I think the jury is getting that these are pathetic fabrications. But if he gets too caught up in all of the side issues then he might miss the core issue: SELF DEFENSE vs CAPITAL MURDER. I think his rebuttal needs to target premeditation primarily. In doing so, it takes the wind out of those silly ' dropped the camera and he lunged' scenarios. JMO

Also, if he puts up executives from Walmart and Tesaro, with computer print outs, there is very little that the DT can do in cross. But putting up the Hughes or the Freemans or MM might backfire, imo.

This is exactly why I think he wont call the Hughes'. It's out in the weeds. He doesn't need to prove Travis was a good guy, he needs to prove Jodi premeditated a murder. His witness list so far reflects that. He's getting away from this non sense and getting back to the heart of the case.

I don't even 'think' about what I really think about some persons in this trial if I am on WS...I am sure some of the MODS can read minds...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Some days it's just really hard to post. I know I'll be deleted so I just read and click Thanks. ;)

Something has been nagging me perhaps someone can help me figure this out.

I remember hearing or reading that the .25 that was 'stolen' from JA's grandparents was loaded with 7 hollow points. Has anyone seen any documentation about the bullet in Travis? Was it a hollow point? I am 'sure' it was but simply trying to confirm it. I think she shot Travis because of death sounds and she thought he was still alive. That is why she only shot him once. JMO of course

I found the article ALV wrote for the Women's Studies Encyclopedia, it's titled "Battered Husband Syndrome (and Other Tall Tales)".

In it she says "a woman's violence does not create a battered husband syndrome."

:what:

I am disgusted with ALV. Absolutely disgusted.

Wow! I didn't realize she actually wrote about her bias. It was clear in her testimony, but to claim to practice as an unbiased therapist when she believes only women are victims?! Expert in DV, my @ss!!!

Brought over from other thread - limping as the doors snapped on my fingers.

I have a different of opinion of JA's "intent" to represent herself. I think it was more clearly a case of her attorney's refusing to become involved in the presentation of forged letters and therefore JA had no choice but to drop that game plan, or drop her attorneys while she attempted to see of she could out smart the system. As soon as her attempt failed, she became represented again. Cal her DT what you will, but they weren't willing to lose their license to practice law for Miss Murderess.... Nooooooo way.

Actually, that isn't what happened. Her attorneys were well aware of the letters and had been trying to get the letters entered.

In June of 2010, she was being represented by Kirk Nurmi and Victoria Washington. The defense team submitted approximately 10 letters to the prosecutor's office purportedly written by Travis. By mid June Juanderful had filed a motion to preclude the letters.

Lots and lots and lots of legal wrangling over the admissibility of those letters. Her trial was to begin in early August 2011.

Either the night before or two nights before the start of the trial, Jodi informed Judge Stephens she would like to represent herself. Judge Stephens granted the request but asked Ms. Washington and Mr. Nurmi to remain on as advisory counsel.

MidAugust 2011, Kirk had filed a motion in limine to preclude the introduction of heresay evidence (text messages, e-mails)

Their motion to include the letters (which introduced her 3rd story was included) was denied mid August 2011. Shortly after that ruling, Jodi advised Judge Stephens that she was in over her head and Judge Stephens reinstated her counsel.

In December 2011, Ms. Washington filed a motion to withdraw as counsel to Jodi on the grounds that her office had previously represented someone in the case. It wouldn't affect Nurmi, her co-counsel, because he'd already left her office and had no knowledge of the other issue. Her motion was granted.

In January 2012, Jennifer Wilmot was assigned to the case.

All of this is available in the court records at Maricopa Superior Court. Just type in the case number or Jodi's name and you can view all of the court documents.

The issue of the letters and the e-mails/texts/IMs are available here ... just scroll to the bottom of the page. They're in .pdf form.

After a 12 news story on prosecutor Juan Martinez and his fan base is entered into evidence on a prosecutorial-misconduct hearing during the Jodi Arias trial, 12 news explains why the story was really done.

Thanks for the link. After watching this report and JM's respect to the people he works for in the State of AZ, it tells how desperate the DT is to ask for a mistrial if they cite this as an excuse.

HLN's editing is offensive of this video. They need to keep it honest and they didn't.

Great clip....thanks again.

Mods, can I post a link to ALV's article "Battered Husband Syndrome (and Other Tall Tales)?
TIA!

Wow! I didn't realize she actually wrote about her bias. It was clear in her testimony, but to claim to practice as an unbiased therapist when she believes only women are victims?! Expert in DV, my @ss!!!

She did! In her article she lists 3 categories of battered woman syndrome. She then goes on to say that men have the ability to control or stop an aggressive act against them by a woman (rubbish). She then concludes that men don't fit the 3 categories of battered woman's syndrome because they can stop the aggression, they don't show fear, etc. She says fear is a requisite.

Bah.

Unbiased my ***. :furious:

thanks for posting this.....he was asked by a reporter to walk with him and that is the only reason he went out the front door. He had no idea he would be approached and the reporter states she did not approach him until the jury had left. why is the Judge allowing the mistrial motion to remain, what do they think Grace Wong is going to say that has not already been said?

Thanks for the link. After watching this report and JM's respect to the people he works for in the State of AZ, it tells how desperate the DT is to ask for a mistrial if they cite this as an excuse.

HLN's editing is offensive of this video. They need to keep it honest and they didn't.

Great clip....thanks again.

This is great. They called HLN out on their intentional misrepresetation of the story. I hope Juan can use this in the upcoming hearing or call this reporter up in his defense.

I am fascinated watching Jodi in this trial. She is so completely lacking in humanity, it is just scarey. I believe she was so obsessed with picture-taking because it helped her to mirror being a human being. Same thing with her journals. The journalling allowed her to create an artificial life for herself. She is only a distant shadow of what being human is. It is absolutely chilling.

Something from Juan's cross of ALV, testimony on April 9th in AM, about 50 minutes in: ALV says she reviewed JA's interrogation with police, but NOT the video, only the transcript. IMO this is just crazy, especially for someone who claims 90% of communication is nonverbal! Plus, she obviously did not view all the bizarre behaviors (headstands, trash snooping, worries about make up etc.) which may have been a clue to her that JA was not a traumatized victim of abuse who had just killed someone in self-defense, but rather a liar and manipulator. She was duped by DT and should have demanded viewing the full interrogation tapes. I wonder if she is watching them this weekend.

She did! In her article she lists 3 categories of battered woman syndrome. She then goes on to say that men have the ability to control or stop an aggressive act against them by a woman (rubbish). She then concludes that men don't fit the 3 categories of battered woman's syndrome because they can stop the aggression, they don't show fear, etc. She says fear is a requisite.

Bah.

Unbiased my ***. :furious:

Seriously ALV? What if the female has a weapon or two? Can the male stop the aggressive act then? Hypothetically speaking of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli