TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow sleuthers. =)

I rarely post anything more than 'bumping' but this is one of my 'heart' cases. Such a sad story with little to no answers. I'm not sure what to make of it, however, I don't believe family was involved but I'm not excluding anything. The Alcalca girl, (I am sorry I call you that!) I personally do not see a huge resemblance with her and Rachel. The hairstyle and maybe the shape of the face, yes. But the mouth and nose look different. Rachels upper lip seems thinner and the tip of her nose is a bit perky while the Alcalaca girl has a more round shape. Also the overall appearences just don't fit. However, I guess it is worth adding that the pictures are shot from different angles so it is hard actually do a real analysis.

English is not my mother tongue so please don't judge my grammar etc...

Thank you.

I still say that one sister knows something. Was she ever given a poly?

I still say that one sister knows something. Was she ever given a poly?

Several. There is ZERO evidence of her involvement. And that one has been beaten to death here on this thread and the previous one. The sister, Debrah, was actually participating in the thread for awhile. She is heartbroken over what happened to her sister. Forget about what you've read on the Missing Trio website. Her brother Rusty was very affected by the disappearance of Rachel and his obsession with the case has left him highly suggestible and therefore susceptible to some very bad theories, which have turned him against other family members. Just one more example of how crime can victimize families decades after the fact. Speculating about the sister is a dead end, and a hurtful one at that. Debrah was a victim too.

hi all , I am new here, I lived in fort worth most of my life and am the same age as renee Wilson , 14 when she disappeared I remember when this happened , and have always wondered if LE or any of the private investigators have ever given thought to search any of the tunnels and basements under and around the mall , I know there was a lake there prior to the mall , and have heard that the river or stream still runs under the mall via tunnels built before the mall, and I have heard also that there are basements under the mall with large pumps to keep out any water , seems like there would be a million places to hide someone, just curious if this had ever been checked out

Hello all. I am new to this place. I stumbled upon this case which I found out about while researching the Lyon sisters case, which I discovered while browsing the missing persons page on Wikipedia, which I discovered by reading the article about Holly Bobo. I am very familiar with Holly's case because I live in the Memphis suburb of Germantown. I have become really interested in both this case and the Lyon sisters case even though I was born in 1990 long after both these incidents happened.

I have to give a shocking new discovery I found on this case and my views on it. I will discuss the Lyon sisters case tomorrow.

I for one believe Rachel is still alive. I don't know how the girls were abducted but I believe she wrote that note, possibly forced to. Here's my view on the misspelling when she signed her name. My name is Daniel and the names Daniel and Rachel both end in el. I have made that mistake many times when signing my name that supposedly she did here of accidentally writing the l as an e. I also could believe her saying she is going to catch it because it sounds like a family expression. This security guard sure sounds strange that he doesn't discuss what happened until 2000. I think his memory is just cloudy.

Now, here's my shocking discovery. I searched for the name Rachel Trlica on Facebook and found one person with that name who really well could be the one we're looking for. It's kind of hard to tell if her pictures there match out older ones obviously because she has ages quite a bit. It appears she has children and is with some guy. Here are the things I see that make me suspicious. I see she has her privacy settings to where I nor any outside strangers can add her as a friend and she has no info on herself. Here's where it really gets interesting. I can however see three places she has checked in at and they are all in Texas. They are in thee small towns called Woodville, Trinity, and Groveton. And guess what? They are all only about 1-2 hours outside of Houston. She said she was going to Houston in that letter. I have a feeling that this very likely is her and that she has all that info and friend request stuff set to private because she is hiding something. She may know where the other two girls are and doesn't want anyone questioning her about it. I don't know what the best way is to get in contact with this person but I wonder if there is a way to track her IP address to see where she is logging in from? I don't know who this person is yet but I bet you dollars to donuts, Rachel is still alive. It sure sounds like Fort Worth had a crummy police department back then if they just assumed from the beginning they ran away and didn't even check out the mall. Lazy work in my opinion. I hope they've improved by now. Anyways, I had to get that out here. I hope someone will investigate into this more and hopefully find answers.

I will do some discussion on the Lyons sisters tomorrow and give my thoughts on that case and tell you more about myself. Thanks and have a good night.

:welcome:

I will look forward to reading more on this, welcome I love this place!

To be honest, I really don't think the FB Rachel Trlica referred to above is the missing Rachel Trlica. I really don't see that someone who is "hiding something" related to murder or some other missing persons crime would be on FB under her real name. It's not that hard to use a "fake" name on FB; many people do. My own FB page is under a pet's name. I also don't find that particular Rachel Trlica's page to be odd as far "hiding something" privacy settings. I can see a review she's written, who she follows, 22 places that she's been, all of her "likes" and "dislikes," and 67 of her personal family photos. Doesn't really seem like someone who's hiding. On my page, non-friends can see exactly one thing: my fake name, period--no photos, no info, nada. And the only thing I'm hiding from is my students, so they won't have yet another place to hound me about when I'll finish grading their essays. :) These days, you'd have to be nuts to have all your personal info on FB wide open (unless you're a business trying to get as many views as possible); this Rachel Trlica's FB security settings are pretty much standard for what a normally cautious person might list (and even more generous than I would suggest for anyone, and certainly for someone in hiding or hiding something).

I also found 75 "Julie Moseley"s on FB, with 3 of them being "Julie Ann" and 3 of them being in Texas (of those who had locations listed). And too many "Renee Wilson"s to count. I doubt any of these are the missing girls, either. It's true that both Moseley and Wilson are much more common names than Trlica. But...Trlica appears to be a Czech name, and there is a large Czech community in Texas (so much so that you can find mention of "Czech Texan" dialect). A name distribution search shows that, of Trlicas in the US, the vast majority are clustered in Texas. The 1940s is the most recent census available, and it shows 57 Trlicas in Texas. Multiply that by 6 decades of immigration and child-bearing later, and you've got yourself a lot of Texas Trlicas. Given the age of the Rachel Trlica in the FB photos, she appears to be of a generation when it was standard to take a husband's name upon marriage. So, while "Rachel" and "Trlica" aren't as common name-wise as "Julie," "Renee," "Moseley, and "Wilson," neither one is that unusual for Texas, so not that unusual for there to be more than one person named Rachel + Trlica in Texas, especially considering the number of Trlica families in Texas that one could marry into. And even if this person has been named Rachel Trlica from birth, I think the likelihood of two Rachel Trlicas from Texas is far more likely than that the missing Rachel Trlica is hiding due to her knowledge of a crime, yet has a publicly accessible FB account under her real name, with dozens of photos and other identifying information. Besides, Houston is a huge city. It's not that weird that, in the space of 40 years, there might be two Rachel Trlicas with some connection to Houston. And if you were running away, or forcing someone to write a fake note saying that they were running away, you'd pick the other really huge city in the state (besides D/FW). It would be a strange coincidence for two Rachel Trlicas to have some connection with Ozona, maybe. But not so much Houston.

It's 99.99% likely that this particular woman being referred to is not the missing Rachel Trlica. In which case, no one needs to be violating her privacy by trying to trace her ISP location or dragging her into a missing persons case.

If this is the missing Rachel Trlica...well, it's not a crime to go missing or stay out of contact, so we should leave her alone, and no one needs to be trying to violate her privacy by trying to trace her ISP. And if there was a crime committed against the other two girls (as seems likely for all three girls, actually)...well, while it is a crime to be an accessory after the fact (by concealing information)...she's on Facebook, under her real name, with photos, apparently living in the same state where the disappearance took place. She's not hiding from law enforcement...or if she is, she's really doing a poor job of it. (And I don't know what the statute of limitations for accessory after the fact, committed while a minor, might be).

Checking FB, MySpace, etc., is one of the standard first things to do when looking for anyone these days, whether it's a family looking for any clue to a long-lost loved one, or me looking to see if my high school boyfriend still has all his hair. So I'm pretty sure at some point someone in the Trlica, Moseley, and Wilson families has thought to check FB.

One might drop an e-mail to the MissingTrio page, or to the Doe site or some LE agency, about the FB page with the same name as a missing person (on the off-chance no family member or private detective has thought of it already). But I think we should stay away from talk of trying to trace ISPs, or listing the towns that some random stranger has been in according to her FB. It's just as important to respect the privacy of living, non-missing persons as it is to seek justice for long-missing and/or deceased ones.

Rachel's former husband is on facebook as well, as is her step-son. It would not be the smartest thing for Rachel to be on Facebook at all under her own name, especially if she doesn't use the highest security settings possible. I don't believe it's her. I live here in Ft Worth and was Rachel's age when they disappeared. No one here believes they survived their abduction. I believe one of the girls was singled out and maybe kept captive for a short time, and that the other 2 girls were killed soon after the abduction. We had a serial killer living just 2 miles from the mall when this happened.

Who was the serial killer ? A guy I know, sister was killed at a bowling alley a few years before and it was said it was a serial killer but he was nevrr named

I'm back. In regards. To the above posts, it may very well be that the Facebook page I found is not the missing Rachel Trlica. I didn't mean to sound to promising in my earlier posts, but I found the locations she had been near Houston really stood out as that note she supposedly wrote said they were going to Houston. I may still mention that page to the Missing Trio or Doe network sites as mentioned above, but I'm not going to count on anything right now. Looking at more similar cases of disappearances around this same time frame, it sounds like many police departments were lazy and just assumed these people had run away, when in fact, something probably much worse happened. Although as I stated above, I actually think Rachel is very likely still alive, but the other two probably are not, just has her brother Rusty thinks. But we all have different opinions on it so I'll leave it there. Anyways, I need to discuss some of my theories about the Lyon sisters but I just haven't gotten around to it with all the new talk of Lloyd Welch and his family recently. But anyways, that's it for tonight. I'll be back soon.

I'm back. In regards. To the above posts, it may very well be that the Facebook page I found is not the missing Rachel Trlica. I didn't mean to sound to promising in my earlier posts, but I found the locations she had been near Houston really stood out as that note she supposedly wrote said they were going to Houston. I may still mention that page to the Missing Trio or Doe network sites as mentioned above, but I'm not going to count on anything right now. Looking at more similar cases of disappearances around this same time frame, it sounds like many police departments were lazy and just assumed these people had run away, when in fact, something probably much worse happened. Although as I stated above, I actually think Rachel is very likely still alive, but the other two probably are not, just has her brother Rusty thinks. But we all have different opinions on it so I'll leave it there. Anyways, I need to discuss some of my theories about the Lyon sisters but I just haven't gotten around to it with all the new talk of Lloyd Welch and his family recently. But anyways, that's it for tonight. I'll be back soon.

Keep your eyes and ears open to ongoing search of Taylor's Mountain, in which LE has said that after everything is done with their search, that there will probably be MANY CASES SOLVED from ALL of the evidence they are recovering on that VAST MOUNTAIN!!!
One member of LE said it seems that every rock they turn over, they have a new lead!!
At this time there is a Multi - jurisdictional Grand Jury hearing evidence and from witnesses.
Lloyd Lee Welch and his uncle Richard Allen Welch, Sr. Have been the two persons revealed as Persons of Interest.
Please Google any of these things and you will find many articles and news videos.
Both Welches are from MD and as many of you many know, Lloyd Lee Welch traveled extensively from the 1970's-1990's throughout the country with traveling carnivals. Was there a carnival taking place around the time and area of this case?
Lloyd Lee Welch is currently incarcerated in Delaware. Richard Allen Welch, Sr. Is believed to have been a security guard in Wheaton, MD back in 1975.
There is also a time line released by LE of LLW's whereabouts which can be found under the thread of Missing But Not Forgotten - Sheila and Katherine Lyon

Also, serial killer, Gary Addison Taylor, could also be a prime suspect in the case of the missing trio. He is serving a 90 year sentence after admitting to the deaths of four women when he was captured in Houston, Texas in May 1975. Police claim he may be responsible for 20 unsolved murders in Washington State, California, Michigan, and Texas.

In a June 9, 1975 article from TIME Magazine, it states:

"Soon after his release, Taylor married. He and his wife Helen,
a secretary, moved first to Onsted, Mich., later to the Seattle suburbs.
Last December
[1974] after separating from his wife,
Taylor settled down in Houston."

It was a known fact that Taylor was in Texas that December 1974, and from further research, he didn't wait long to commit his crimes when moving to a new area. Taylor told authorities that he hated women. Could the mysterious letter (possibly from Rachel) to Tommy, that mentions going to Houston, be a vital clue to linking Taylor?

TIME: "Freedom to Kill"; June 9, 1975
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,913122-1,00.html

"Taylor Gets 90-Year 'Minimum' Sentence" - Ludington Daily News; Aug 2, 1976
http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...&pg=1894,2645417&dq=gary+addison+taylor&hl=en
Any chance the "TAYLOR" man you mentioned has any connection to TAYLOR'S Mountain in Thaxton, VA, regarding the Lyon sisters case, (in which the Mountain has been continually searched in the last month) and perhaps MANY other CASES they feel will be SOLVED--hopefully including this Trio case?

Google and look up Lloyd Lee Welch; Richard Allen Welch, Sr., (who are the two persons of interest) in the missing Lyon’s sisters case, as well as
Google Lyon sisters and you will see all of the current details of the case.
Many Welches and Taylors live on Taylor's Mountain.
March 25, 2015 will mark 40 YEARS since they went missing.
I find this cold case too similar to the Lyon sisters and I hope this Trio case may be one of the cases that gets solved from the Taylor's Mountain search and the solving of the Lyon sisters case!! I hope this info has been of help.

Can someone tell me if there was ever any involvement in this case of a ransom payment? The same thing occurred in the Lyon sisters case.

There is always a great deal we don't know about a case. In this instance, we know very little about the 17 y/o Rachel Trlica. Did she have problems, such as running away, MJ use, discipline problems,etc as a younger teenager, trouble with the law for any reason. I know that in the 70's MJ was just as popular as it is now and quite available. The younger girls were just following Rachel's lead that day, did Rachel meet someone, like a security guard,who started a conversation about lighting up a toke ? That was/is a common approach by predators. I think that all three were murdered within 72 hours of their disappearance, the sightings by various witnesses of three girls in a pick up point to this. The only question I have is the letter. The story is that the handwriting was not clearly Rachel's - but I assume it was written by a female, probably Rachel, likely under duress, to throw the authorities off of what had become a kidnapping. I've read a fair amount about missing persons - when they disappear and nothing is heard from them for several months they are usually dead (think McStay's).

I'm bumping this thread up. It's been kind of dormant for the past month but I hope we can get some more discussion here. It will be 40 years since this happened in December.

Summary of information: Thomas Trlica was called Tommy he was a Sr. at Southwest High School in Fort Worth Texas in 1971, but according to his FB page did not graduate until 1972. He also attended TCJC, a Jr. collage according to his FB profile. He was married and divorced with a 2 year old son and had been engaged to Rachel's sister Debra when he married Rachel in 1974. Rachel and Tommy had been married for about 6 months when the incident occurred. Debra was living with Rachel and Tommy at the time of the incident. ....Rachel evidently has her own car or she took her husband to work that day (does any one know which, and how do you know that?) Rachel 17 calls a friend that is 3 years younger than her,Renee 14, to go Christmas shopping with her. Renee has an acquaintance, Julie 9, that goes along with them. .... insert some of my ideas here. < Rachel doesn't know Julie, Renee has recently received a promise ring from Julie's brother ,Terry, so they are more than acquaintance's . Julie is just a tag along for Rachel. Renee has a Christmas party to attend at 6:00 pm, where Terry will also be, so she really wants to go. Therefore I do not think these three were planning to runaway together. Possible: Rachel is not happy in her marriage, someone living with a young married couple is stressful especially a person with former "relations" with one of the couple and a sister. This is not a good triad no matter what the sister says. So lets say Rachel wants to get out of the situation, she is young and is afraid to venture out on her own, so she thinks of a friend she might convince into going along with her. Invites her to go shopping as a ploy, she has prearranged to have someone meet them at the mall, but the 9 year old is a problem and Renee wants to go to the party. When the arranged time for the meeting comes they go to the car and place the packages in the trunk. Rachel convinces Renee to go with the person just for a ride and a smoke, but Julie doesn't want to so they force her into the van. Then things go bad for them from here...> Having been a young woman, I know how foolish we can be. I accepted rides with young men I didn't know on more than one occasion. Lucky they didn't assault me. One of them tried and I refused. He reluctantly took me back to where my car was and told me that I was lucky, he could have hurt me...wow >
Who knows where the information about bonds being left in Rachel's car came from?.

Well, I assume all the families members were checked out thoroughly so that doesn't leave us with much.

Did Rachel have an ex? It looks like she was married when she was ~16.

I wonder if a security guard (or someone posing as one) could have caught the girls shoplifting (or falsely accused them of such) then took the opportunity to spirit them a way for nefarious purposes.

Just my wild stab at it.:thinking:

The 40 year anniversary is very quickly approaching. Let's keep this case on the fore front for these girls! Someone did something horrible to them-and got away with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa