TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure it's been long-since done, but are there employee records of the security guards at the mall? Have those people/their alibis been crossed checked with anyone who worked at the mall in Maryland where the Lyons girls went missing?

I live in Fort Worth. I moved here in 1984, so it was after this happened. However, I did go to that mall in it's "old' configuration. There used to be so much on the periphery of the mall: a movie theater, a restaurant, etc. It would be difficult to really find someone who could remember the three if they didn't see them directly.

I find the stamp on the letter received the next day the most intriguing. It seems that it was suspect; however, I don't recall people focusing on someone who might be able to manipulate a mail stamp. It seems convenient to me to have a stamped and cancelled letter from any distance able to be delivered that quickly after the disappearance. On one hand, if it was a valid stamp, it would seem the letter was written ahead in time of the kidnap which would point to premeditation, or someone who knew them was looking for an opportunity to kidnap one of them. If it's an invalid stamp, which seems more likely to me from the stories I've read about it, it would seem to focus on someone who might have had access to a stamping kit: a postal person either one who was current at the time or had been.

Responding to EnvoyDriver61:

Sticking to my long-standing DeBardeleben crime theory.

DeBardeleben delivered that letter to the home of Rachel that Christmas Eve morning.

This part would be just the kind of bizarre and sadistic move for this schizophrenic psychopath. He very well might have had a piece of mail delivered to himself - knowing in advance he was planning an attempted kidnapping of girls from a mall. He foresaw that as the perpetrator he would force the victims at gunpoint to write some letter or note to loved ones.

He stuck his own envelope that had already been through the mail system, and manipulated any way he liked. He then dressed in some facsimile of a post office worker - while his victims were sedated and gagged and bound in a safe house.

It increased the level of contact that he had with the victims' families (sadism) and created decades worth of misdirection and confusion beginning at the most vulnerable moments after the crime.

If you look at DeBardeleben crime history this was exactly is modus operandi.

Read in Michaud's book Cruel Deception how he created all kinds of sadistic contact with victims before and after - say the realtor's he murdered - or the victim's he raped in safe houses for days and then these victims reporting the experience of being stalked by him.

His behavior as the mallpasser spoke to his regular desire to victimize people and have very personal contact with them as he did it.

I have always followed this case. Partly because I was born the year this happened and my family moved to DFW around the time of the 5 year anniversary. My mother would often bring this case up as an example of why one should always be aware of their surroundings, stranger-danger, etc.

When the news of the Cleveland three broke, the Fort Worth trio immediately came to mind. Apparently it did for the local media as well. Our local ABC affiliate, WFAA broadcast the following article.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarrant/missing-Fort-Worth-girls-206501131.html

In the case of the Lyon Girls there was a menacing Tape Recorder Man seen around the area malls in the weeks leading up to the case. The Lyon girls were approached by that same guy in the mall the day the went missing. After it was report hundreds of leads about him came forward.

Question: Does anyone who lived in the FW area at the time know of any strange characters in area malls? It would not have to be the same character that showed up in MD, but someone who was consistently approaching women with an unusual request or question?

In the case of the Lyon Girls there was a menacing Tape Recorder Man seen around the area malls in the weeks leading up to the case. The Lyon girls were approached by that same guy in the mall the day the went missing. After it was report hundreds of leads about him came forward.

Question: Does anyone who lived in the FW area at the time know of any strange characters in area malls? It would not have to be the same character that showed up in MD, but someone who was consistently approaching women with an unusual request or question?

I was a HS senior that year and I don't remember anything like that. When they went missing, first people thought they ran away, which really didn't add up with young Julie, or leaving the car. I just remember we were hyper vigilant because going out somewhere in a group didn't make a difference anymore. Most people I know here believe they were tricked by a killer in a police uniform. And you know, even though Debardeleban lived here, and very close by that mall, we never heard anything about him. He used the police uniform guise and the tape recorder guise many times, I believe I've read. Also, in the early to mid 80's, we had numerous women stabbed or strangled in the Ft Worth area, many of which are still cold cases. A special task force was brought together but no one was caught.

I was a HS senior that year and I don't remember anything like that. When they went missing, first people thought they ran away, which really didn't add up with young Julie, or leaving the car. I just remember we were hyper vigilant because going out somewhere in a group didn't make a difference anymore. Most people I know here believe they were tricked by a killer in a police uniform. And you know, even though Debardeleban lived here, and very close by that mall, we never heard anything about him. He used the police uniform guise and the tape recorder guise many times, I believe I've read. Also, in the early to mid 80's, we had numerous women stabbed or strangled in the Ft Worth area, many of which are still cold cases. A special task force was brought together but no one was caught.

Thank you for your post! Do you know if this man was ever known to be bold enough to attack women even if they were in groups?

Thank you for your post! Do you know if this man was ever known to be bold enough to attack women even if they were in groups?

I'm not sure about that. Even RA, the brother of Rachel, mentioned him in a radio interview which is linked above.

Dead. Died of pneumonia in prison in 2011.

Well, that makes it quite difficult to extract anything from him now, unless he may have mentioned it to any friends or family. At least he is someone to look into, it would just be nice to be able to rule him in or out. I can't believe this case is going on 39 years next month :S

I have followed this case for quite some time and find it hard to believe that three girl would just disappear without a trace. Didnt someone say that there was a supposed phone call from Julie 2 months after the girls disappeared?? Also I looked at the photo someone posted a while back of a girl found in some guys storage? People were saying how much she looked like the missing girl Rachel Trilicia. if you look close at the photo found in storage, there is a scar on the unknown girls chin, just like in the description on Rachel's missing persons descriptions

I have followed this case for quite some time and find it hard to believe that three girl would just disappear without a trace. Didnt someone say that there was a supposed phone call from Julie 2 months after the girls disappeared?? Also I looked at the photo someone posted a while back of a girl found in some guys storage? People were saying how much she looked like the missing girl Rachel Trilicia. if you look close at the photo found in storage, there is a scar on the unknown girls chin, just like in the description on Rachel's missing persons descriptions

Would you be thinking of Rodney Alcala?
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...d-Can-You-ID-Any-Of-These-Women-91752849.html

Yes! That's him

Sent from my LG-P659 using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have a link of the girl who resembles Rachel?

I can't believe another year is going to pass, and we have now answers about these girls. I also think about them this time of year, and pray for them & their families, as Christmas must be an agonizing time of year for them.

Sheesh, it's almost another year gone by again. I always think of the missing girls, especially this time of year because of the holiday season. I visit Rusty's site once in a blue moon for any news that might be posted.

I wonder if any DNA has been collected or submitted from the mailed letter after all these years? Also, since it is the holiday season, I wonder if Rachel is still seen by some or makes phone calls like the reports of her sightings year ago? Anyone know if there have been sightings of her around this time the last few years?

Also, on Rusty's news page, it still shows the unidentified girl that strongly resembles Renee. This was posted 11 years ago. Anyone know if that girl has been identified? If not, I wonder if DNA was submitted to see if it really was Renee or not?

http://www.missingtrio.com/TRIO/news.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member