MA - Woman denies medical care to her son

And I hope the father never has a decent night's sleep ever again. Ever hear of going to court to fight for your child? Words, as usual, fail me.

Fraser said he could not co-parent with his former wife and that tensions grew so high he withdrew from directly caring for his son, fearing that continued contact with LaBrie would end with him facing criminal charges. He said he continued to pay child support but did not see his son from early 2007 until December 2007.
And so he thought of himself before he thought of his child, worried that he would end up facing criminal charges. :banghead:

As usual, it's the child that suffers at the hands of his crazy, self absorbed parents. JMO

I think this is a very sad story. Mom is already out on bail.

I hope Dad stays with the boy and mom isn't allowed to come around anymore.

Salem

thanks for posting this believe.... This is very sad, a mother who was incapable of properly caring for her child and a father too fearful.... I'm sure there is history, I wonder if it was in the courts.

I'm glad the father is able to be there for his child now, as it's apparent mom wasn't.

I think you guys nailed it as always-overwhelmed parents and no one considers this poor boy. The father now looks like a hero however for sweeping in an holding the hand of his dying child as well as committing him to hospice care-all the while he contributed at least 50% to where the boy is today. I hope that helps him sleep at night-sorry to sound harsh.

If you watch the video, it looks like the boy's autism is profound-where were the other people in this little boy's life that should have been helping to monitor what was going on with mom i wonder? Yes, she should have just cared properly for her child; but I think it is clear that she was making a decision to let him go and perhaps on some level viewed his cancer as a way out for them all...OMG. What a mess.

It's got to be hard to inflict chemotherapy on any child, much less an autistic one. I didn't watch the video, but the article mentions his cancer "returning" and being "in remission," which makes me think she did get him some kind of treatment.

I'm sorry I think the father is as much to blame as the Mother. He could have done something to help instead he quit seeing the boy, for fear of getting into trouble. I hope he has a hard time living with himself. I don't understand if he is in remisison why is hospice called in? And why can't they do more to help cure him? Remission and hospice don't really go togther.

I feel the mother MAY have felt over whelmed, BUT I know this is going to sound not nice, but I am sure she knew that her lack of treatment for her son was going to lead to his death. She did so with knowledge. It was not a mistake, it was not an oversight, it was not anything else except that parenting a child with autism is extremely hard for a two parent family. Now in her son's dying days, she will only face a criminal charge of child endangerment. She killed her own son....but just not directly.

I won't judge the father too harshly without knowing the whole story. I have a friend who has fought and fought for his son. The court will not give him custody because it's one of the courts that still thinks mom is best. There was an attorney who told him that in any other county, he'd have his kid, but not in the county he's in. The mother of his child is sneaky, manipulative, and horrible. She has called the police with false allegations and had his car searched, etc. If it was this type of situation, I can understand why maybe the father thought it would be better if he stepped back. Especially if he had no more money to pay an attorney.

Just a thought. Trying to look at the other side of things.

http://www.wptz.com/video/11306790/index.html

Why is the poor boy not in the care of social services? Horrible mother ... and a father who has not seen his "ill" boy in 10 months ...... give me a break DAD .... NOTHING would stop me from seeing my little boy and making sure that he was doing o.k.. !!!

What a lame excuse .... to not be with your boy.

May GOB Bless This child.

Peace.

Also, I would point out that the father continued to pay child support. Was the father not more good to his son by providing funds for his care, then he would have been if he was sitting in jail - then he would not only have not contributed to his son's care, he wouldn't have been able to see him either.

Believe it or not, there are some women in this world that don't deserve so much sympathy. There are some women in this world that will do almost anything to insure a loving parent does not have access to their child. Look at Baby Grace (Riley)'s mom. All she had to do was say the word, and Riley's dad and grandmother would have been there to get that baby. But no.....

I have very little sympathy for this mom. She knew what she was doing. I understand that raising an autisic child is difficult but I'm sure she had other options besides denying him medical care and in essence, sealing his fate. Why didn't she call dad and say she couldn't handle it? Bet she never, ever thought to do that......

Not all men are bad and not all women are good.

Salem

Like it or not, parents have a right to choose treatment for their children, even if we don't agree with the decisions.

This isn't as rare as you would think. Cancer treatments involve weekly (or even multi-weekly) visits to the hospitals and doctors, a myriad of tests, procedures, medications and even strict protocols regarding germ exposure and more. There are parents out there who just feel it is too much trouble and interferes in their lives too much.

Go figure.

I am on the fence about this one.
The child is autistic ... traumatic enough for a parent to deal with.

I don't know if I see what this mother did as neglect or the actions of a women with lacking financial means trying to raise a sick and disabled child?
The child's father is a deadbeat! I mean he basically left his child and the mother of his child to deal with a serious illness alone.
No help or support.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back