17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also insulting to know that George told LE that Trayvon circled his truck three times and we know that is a bold faced lie! It's beyond insulting that he, after knowing full well that Trayvon's parents did not want to hear an apology, he did it anyways. Talk about spitting in their face!

When Trayvon's parents are ready to take that step and talk to the killer of their child -- they will, but it should have never been forced on them like that! It was heartless and cruel and showed a total lack of respect!

MOO

How do you know that Trayvon circling his truck *is a bold faced lie*? Has that been determined?

But why did he think TM was armed? Bashing someone's head to the concrete is rather low tech for someone who is armed.

If TM already at 17 years old and unarmed was so scary and dangerous that GZ was choking on his own blood and was one hit away from diapers for the rest of his life it sounds like the threat wouldn't become considerably greater adding 8 years to TM's age.
If he was truly scared for his life because he was assaulted so severely then "sorry, I didn't know he was just a kid with skittles" sounds incongruent to me. The apology sounds like TM's death was basically caused by a stupid misunderstanding and the defense sounds like it was caused by a life or death necessity.

I don't know if I can explain it so that anybody understands what I'm getting at.

If he was so scared of Trayvon and thought he could be armed, he would have NEVER gotten out of that car! LE was on the way.

MOO

You do realize that there is a HUGE difference between someone coming into your home illegally and what happened in this case?

Yes, except for in terms of the SYG laws, there are similarities.

You do realize that there is a HUGE difference between someone coming into your home illegally and what happened in this case?

No kidding, what the heck, GZ saw exactly what Trayvon looked like, he identified him as a kid, his late teens. For cripes sake, is there anything that this man says or does that doesn't get excused away.

JMHO

If he was so scared of Trayvon and thought he could be armed, he would have NEVER gotten out of that car! LE was on the way.

MOO

I agree, which is why I think he should be found guilty on involuntary manslaughter. But 2nd degree MURDER is too high of a charge, given what we know so far,imo.

Another thing, hollow point bullets? Really? They're intended to inflict maximum damage.

Yep..that small Kel Tec 9mm pistol was loaded for bear!! He knew full well if he shot that thing just what damages would be created..Deadly ..and Trayvon died instantly! :please:

No kidding, what the heck, GZ saw exactly what Trayvon looked like, he identified him as a kid, his late teens. For cripes sake, is there anything that this man says or does that doesn't get excused away.

JMHO

Evidently not.

~jmo~

How do you know that Trayvon circling his truck *is a bold faced lie*? Has that been determined?

Why wouldn't he have told 911? They were on the phone at the time. Just listening to the 911 call timeline shows he's lying.

JMHO

Respectfully,how on earth could anyone evaluate the body language of someone in shackles?

Not expressing an opinion about the validity of this body language expert's assessment because I didn't see the segment and just watched very short clips of the hearing too...

...but imo most of the things that they assess wouldn't be much affected by shackles. Shackles tend to restrict large scale body movements and BL is more about small things, facial expressions, shoulder position, direction of gaze, microexpressions, shrugs, nods, etc. that shackled people are capable of.

Have you listened to George's call to LE? Anywhere in that call where George told the dispatcher "The kid keeps circling my truck?" Nope!

Does anyone else think GZ's injuries may have been caused by scratching himself? Seems to me the two witnesses saw him with his hands behind his head.

No, the detective said there were two gashes on his head. If GZ had grabbed TM they could have lost their balance and GZ could have hit his head on the edge of the sidewalk or something else in the yard on the way down. He obviously hit something. jmo

If I killed someone I perceived to be a threat to my life, I wouldn't be sorry. No matter what their age. JMO

I'm not saying this is what happened, just a *maybe* JMO

I would wish there had been another way and grieve all my days, even if it was truly in self defense. that was still someone's baby, someone's brother, sister, cousin, husband, wife, it was still a PERSON even if they were so damaged as to try to destroy me or mine.

I believe GZ let his wannabe cop persona go so far he killed an innocent person...and I still have sympathy for him.

So telling the parents of the teen you shot, that you feel sorry for their loss, that is like ' SPITTING IN THEIR FACE?' Wow.

they said they didnt want to hear it, because it was self serving. they probably wonder why he waited til now, at a bond hearing. in knowing that, even if he desperately needed to unburden himself, he was rather selfish IMO

I do not believe there was time to do that, beat GZ nearly to diapers, and get shot and die in the time between 911 calls and gf's call.

My friend almost shot an intruder at their summer cabin a few years ago. Everyone else had left for town and so there was no car visible, and he heard footsteps and talking, and then he heard someone coming in through the back porch door. He had his shot gun ready, and it was dark, so he yelled out for them to stop, put their hands up. The tall figure lunged toward him and he almost shot, but a girl screamed NOOOOOOOOOO.

And then the figure ran the other way. And he watched the two TEENS run down the path. So IF he had shot the kid, he would have said the same thing. I didn't know he was so young and didn't know he wasn't armed.

It makes sense that one wouldn't know how old a shadowy figure that one doesn't see in the dark is but according to GZ's own words he had TM pegged as late teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chumbug