17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
they said they didnt want to hear it, because it was self serving. they probably wonder why he waited til now, at a bond hearing. in knowing that, even if he desperately needed to undurden himself, he was rather selfish IMO

He could have written a letter and had O'Mara give it to their attorney and then they could choose to read it when they were ready! What they did was really wrong!

MOO

I would wish there had been another way and grieve all my days, even if it was truly in self defense. that was still someone's baby, someone's brother, sister, cousin, husband, wife, it was still a PERSON even if they were so damaged as to try to destroy me or mine.

I believe GZ let his wannabe cop persona go so far he killed an innocent person...and I still have sympathy for him.

Well I would of course wish I hadn't had to, but if mine or my family's lives or well-being were threatened by someone, they wouldn't matter to me. I'd do whatever necessary to protect myself and not feel bad a bit. JMO

I agree, which is why I think he should be found guilty on involuntary manslaughter. But 2nd degree MURDER is too high of a charge, given what we know so far,imo.
I guess I'd have to believe what Zimmerman has said so far too then and I just don't. I'll wait for the evidence to be presented at trial but if it is proven that Zimmerman pursued Trayvon and/or was the aggressor than nothing less than a murder conviction would suffice in my opinion.

I believe Zimmerman was angry that so many before Trayvon had been allowed to 'skate' and that night he was determined to put a stop to it. I don't believe he pursued Trayvon with the intent to kill but nonetheless he certainly didn't retreat to his vehicle in my opinion either. MOO and FWIW

So telling the parents of the teen you shot, that you feel sorry for their loss, that is like ' SPITTING IN THEIR FACE?' Wow.

When those parents are not ready to hear that apology and have made that very clear -- and that same person, who on his own website has quotes that pretty much say he was a hero against evil --- yeah --- he spit in their faces!

Especially since we don't even know what George said about Tracy in this text message that was brought up today.

MOO

Does anyone else think GZ's injuries may have been caused by scratching himself? Seems to me the two witnesses saw him with his hands behind his head.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trayvon scratched/gouged him with his nails during whatever struggle they experienced. The one wound I can see on Zimmerman's head looks like a fingernail wound of some kind, IMO. It certainly doesn't look like an "I just had my head bashed repeatedly against the concrete" wound to me.

I'm still trying to figure out how whoever took this picture managed to get a nice, neat, straight "glare" line right across Zimmerman's round head, so even it could have been (or actually was) drawn with a ruler. And in such a convenient location to hide whatever wound is right on top of his head! No smears, no smudges either, despite the fact that he was seen rubbing and touching his head at the scene, as you mentioned.

I dunno. Unless Martin picked up all 185lbs or so of Zimmerman's struggling dead weight and pile-drove him into the concrete, I think there's a serious problem with the location of his wounds and how he said he received them. Not to mention that the mere presence of blood or wounds doesn't mean a darn thing with regard to who began the scuffle, or which one of them was in fear of his life. To the contrary, this picture just makes it MORE clear in my mind that he's not telling the truth - not to mention his bald-faced lie on the stand today.

they said they didnt want to hear it, because it was self serving. they probably wonder why he waited til now, at a bond hearing. in knowing that, even if he desperately needed to undurden himself, he was rather selfish IMO

I think they made different comments at various times, sometimes asking why he has never apologized. So if he hadn't apologized, I bet Crumb would have made a big deal of that as well. Imo.

I wonder how many people carry those kind of bullets in their guns?? Like real responsible gun owners? The fact that he was carrying a loaded gun around the neighborhood is bad enough (IMO) but the fact that he had those kind of bullets makes it that much more disturbing. MOO

I guess I'd have to believe what Zimmerman has said so far too then and I just don't. I'll wait for the evidence to be presented at trial but if it is proven that Zimmerman pursued Trayvon and/or was the aggressor than nothing less than a murder conviction would suffice in my opinion.

I believe Zimmerman was angry that so many before Trayvon had been allowed to 'skate' and that night he was determined to put a stop to it. I don't believe he pursued Trayvon with the intent to kill but nonetheless he certainly didn't retreat to his vehicle in my opinion either. MOO and FWIW

How would you convince a jury that you were not out to kill someone when you loaded your gun with hollow-point bullets and then fire into someone's chest? You know they are not going to survive and it's possible at that point you may not want them to and make that decision to aim for the chest. To me the decision to put a hollow-point into a gun is the difference from just wanting to stop someone from hurting you to making it permanent. That once you make the decision to fire the gun it will be to kill someone. jmo

Then how do you know he doesn't feel any remorse?

I got that impression from his website.

If I wwas feeling remorse for shooting someone I wouldn't post quotes implying that I had done a good deed and vanquished evil.

I wonder how many people carry those kind of bullets in their guns?? Like real responsible gun owners? The fact that he was carrying a loaded gun around the neighborhood is bad enough (IMO) but the fact that he had those kind of bullets makes it that much more disturbing. MOO

And right across the street from a school zone, too.

Does anyone else think GZ's injuries may have been caused by scratching himself? Seems to me the two witnesses saw him with his hands behind his head.

No, not at all. After seeing the picture today, of the back of GZ's head, if he put his hands behind the head they never touched because the blood would have smeared.

I think they made different comments at various times, sometimes asking why he has never apologized. So if he hadn't apologized, I bet Crumb would have made a big deal of that as well. Imo.

I bet if he'd apologised on or around 27 february, we wouldnt be discussing this and we might even see more posters with more sympathy towards GZ. I agree NOW he's damned if he does or damned if he doesnt but he wasnt on 26, 27, 28 etc february.

That would be the most common self-defense load. I'm sure you'd find most gun owners carry hollow points.

I'd even venture to call those that do not more irresponsible than those that do, because of the likelihood of "regular" ball ammo overpenetrating and unintentionally injuring or killing someone else.

How would you convince a jury that you were not out to kill someone when you loaded your gun with hollow-point bullets and then fire into someone's chest? You know they are not going to survive and it's possible at that point you may not want them to and make that decision to aim for the chest. To me the decision to put a hollow-point into a gun is the difference from just wanting to stop someone from hurting you to making it permanent. That once you make the decision to fire the gun it will be to kill someone. jmo

Deadly force doesn't mean or even imply "shoot to wound".

Can someone please correct me or confirm I just heard on Vinnie P's show that someone witnessed the chase? Thanks

I bet if he'd apologised on or around 27 february, we wouldnt be discussing this and we might even see more posters with more sympathy towards GZ. I agree NOW he's damned if he does or damned if he doesnt but he wasnt on 26, 27, 28 etc february.

The website he created right before he was arrested, does not show a man feeling sorry for what he did. He is feeling sorry for himself and showed a complete lack of respect for his victims family by doing what he did today.

MOO

That's a really good point. :)

I guess I just don't necessarily believe this was premeditated in the sense that he hunted Trayvon down just to murder him. I think Zimmerman wanted to play hero though and a loaded gun was part of that ensemble.

To me this case is clear cut murder either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua