Found Deceased # 2 Australia - Jesse Baird, 26, TV presenter and partner Luke Davies, 29. blood located at home, 23 Feb 2024 *arrest*

I also wonder what could have been done to prevent this/ how can something like this be prevented in the future. There was another recent dreadful case in Australia with stalkings prior to the former partner killing her - Kelly Wilkinson.

She had reported it to police on numerous occasions and no action was taken, he set her alight in the end.

I wonder what needs to happen to the perps and from the authorities to stop these escalations
I really don't know how this could have been prevented ( other than this suddenly dropping dead for some reason )

Do you move to a different country, go into witness protection etc?.......very extreme ways........
Leave all your friends & family behind........a life you love.

AVO's don't seem to work IMO . Jesse probably could have got one........

If Jesse had reported , what would have been done? I doubt much at all, sadly. IMO

Sadly, I think if someone really wants to harm you , they will in the end.

Jesse must have been in such turmoil over this %*^%*% 's escalating behaviour & that just breaks my heart.

I would have run out the door to the neighbours place or something, maybe she was just freaking out and was just hoping for him to leave but yeah I don't know if I could sit all night thinking this guy is a lunatic my life could be in danger
Me too! I wonder what else he did / said to make her suss

EXCLUSIVEJesse Baird and Luke Davies: Accused killer cop Beau Lamarre-Condon hires former detective turned solicitor John Walford​

Solicitor John Walford served 20 years in the NSW Police Force where he was a senior criminal investigator, qualified criminal analyst and prosecutor.

He then spent 15 years as a lawyer with the NSW Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, before opening his own suburban practice, the Penrith Law Centre.

Mr Walford, who is the only lawyer acting for Lamarre-Condon, said his client had not yet indicated how he would respond to the murder charges against him.

John Walford has vast experience in the criminal law. At 17 years age John joined the NSW Police Force and served for 20 years. During the course of his extensive career, John was a senior investigator and a qualified criminal analyst. During his career, John received awards for his performance within his duties as a NSW Police officer and attained a senior rank prior to his separation.

Sorry,
But I scratch my head not understanding how this guy who really seems not right in the head became a Police Officer o_O

In the incident with a taser he looked crazy.
It was time to get rid of him then IMO.

Perhaps when BLC joined, he came across as a nice-looking young man with decent grades and a known family. They probably did MMPI test upon admission, but first, there is no such thing as "pass" or "fail"; and second, the test is constantly criticized for not being "normative" enough. BLC probably came across as immature, but that was all. What should have been a warning sign was his taser-happiness. What was probably even stranger was 27-year-old BLC being still stuck in a teenage imaginary world. However, Covid isolation froze everyone's social skills, so maybe there were no "new norms?" One wonders if the police reacted, though, and BLC was moved into a "less important" area of the department, such as "youth outreach", where his quirks seemingly didn't matter. Thus, no one noticed his mounting agitation, but in the meantime, BLC still had access to a gun.

How casually he walked out of that store with his friend, with that bag knowing full well what he was doing. Not only have both Jesse and Lukes family and friends been affected by this crime so to have the people that BLC interacted with around this time and those who were in the share house with Jesse. He has ruined and affected so many lives due to his selfish acts

John Walford has vast experience in the criminal law. At 17 years age John joined the NSW Police Force and served for 20 years. During the course of his extensive career, John was a senior investigator and a qualified criminal analyst. During his career, John received awards for his performance within his duties as a NSW Police officer and attained a senior rank prior to his separation.

BLC hasn’t given his lawyer any instructions yet …. And hasn’t appointed a barrister yet either…….

From the linked article

We've got options down the track but it depends what his instructions are and then we'll make a decision,' Mr Walford said.

'I'm just waiting on some brief evidence before I go back to see him.

So no straight up guilty plea…..

He'll probably end up with a high profile barrister, maybe Margaret Cunneen etc

I think his family are not short of $'s IMO

If he pleads not guilty, I can see him playing lots of games, swapping legal teams, just generally &^$^& with the legal process & wasting court time........just to drag it out & keep his name in the headlines.

I hope he has no access to any news media currently!

DM - 29th Feb, 2024, Accused killer cop Beau Lamarre-Condon hires former detective turned solicitor John Walford
quote:
'I'm hoping to get back in the next week and try and tidy up a few things between me and him.'
endquote.

$$$ upfront, show me the money, this aint no love-job sunshine ;)

MOO.
they were exactly my thoughts !

And how do you defend someone like that ? Police have all the evidence show his premeditation, and he’s shown them where to locate their bodies - can hardly plead Not Guilty.

I’d like to know more about the ‘bullying’ case he lodged. I wonder if someone in Police force was suspect of his actions toward Jesse & on to him about it.

I hope he has no access to any news media currently!
I'd been thinking this too - from a quick google I don't think inmates here (I'm a Sydneysider) have access to the internet at all thankfully. I know from following true crime that in various US prisons/jails inmates do have internet access

And how do you defend someone like that ? Police have all the evidence show his premeditation, and he’s shown them where to locate their bodies - can hardly plead Not Guilty.
Defence lawyers may take on the defence of someone who has (effectively) confessed to murder for various reasons, including financial and reputational considerations. It's a high profile case so one way or another defence lawyers will be rewarded.

Neighbours of Beau Lamarre-Condon tell of their shock as police swarm his $3million childhood home - as it's revealed his mum was 'on a cruise with her second husband' when the alleged murders took place​

As the incident was unfolding last week, it is believed Coleen, who is retired, was away on a cruise with her second husband.

Daily Mail Australia was told Ms Lamarre had sold her multi-million dollars house in Grays Point to downsize for retirement and spend more money enjoying life.

It is believed that Coleen and her husband were on a cruise immediately before or at the time of the alleged murders and Beau may have stayed at the Balmain house.

Neighbours of Beau Lamarre-Condon tell of their shock as police swarm his $3million childhood home - as it's revealed his mum was 'on a cruise with her second husband' when the alleged murders took place​

As the incident was unfolding last week, it is believed Coleen, who is retired, was away on a cruise with her second husband.

Daily Mail Australia was told Ms Lamarre had sold her multi-million dollars house in Grays Point to downsize for retirement and spend more money enjoying life.

It is believed that Coleen and her husband were on a cruise immediately before or at the time of the alleged murders and Beau may have stayed at the Balmain house.
So he can't have stayed WITH her, then, but the house would have been a useful base to hide at, before he turned himself in. I bet they left him the keys in case of emergency. He's the local, <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw
Back